1st S opening...

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

TuxedoStarr

Lapis Lunaris
Sep 27, 2003
693
0
0
World Traveler :)
#1
geez, I procrastinate...I'm in the middle of a workout...i just don't want to do pushups....urgh...

ANYWAY


has anyone noticed that the Senshi have their Mugen attacks in the 1st Super opening? I mean, Mars's fire has some SCARY MOFO TEETH, there's this sheen that radiates from Merc's feet that makes me think sparkling dust on a desert, and the water rise around her blurring her image like a Mirage, and Jupiter is definitely shooting a cyclone from her hands (flower petals and everything)...Sadly, I didn't see anything for Venus's wink chain sword, other than the fact she's wielding that chain around like a madwoman. And the fact that the edges seem RAZOR sharp.

Just thought I 'd share! ^-^v
 

Kerochan no Miko

Knight Radiant
Staff member
Site Admin
Feb 29, 2004
6,242
115
165
#4
Huh...I never noticed that, either. But yeah, those definitely look like the manga attacks.

Now I'm all disappointed that I never saw them animated in the actual series.
 

Theedqueen

Lapis Lunaris
Feb 13, 2004
1,165
0
0
USA
#5
wow I never noticed that either. At least we get a little glimmer of what it'd be like had they included them. I still hope for a re-make of sailormoon with an updated version. Do they even do that in Japan? But I guess it's kinda pointless since they did PGSM. Maybe another ten years...
 
#6
They could make a version of the show that was almost exactly like the manga, I think that's what Naoko Takeuchi would want. For now I wish Toei and Naoko Takeuchi would let an American company translate the anime and manga, I feel like we've been cheated out of something. :(

If they had included these new attacks it would have would have made S drag on considerably longer, though.
 

dodgerfan

Lapis Lunaris
Oct 23, 2003
1,812
0
0
Just outside of New York City
#7
I have to admit that I had never noticed these items before in the opening sequence, nor have I ever read or heard any rumor of new senshi powers being scrapped by TOEI.
It sort of reminds me of a publicity photo from PGSM that showed Dark Mercury holding a rather sinister looking bow and arrow set that she never actually appeared with in any act in the series.
 

TuxedoStarr

Lapis Lunaris
Sep 27, 2003
693
0
0
World Traveler :)
#10
Hah, that's what you get when you're on a big anime kick. I was actually just researching for my sprites projects,and lo and behold....

Man those would've been nice to have. Snake Fire in particular (looked TERRIFYING...)
 
#13
Good eye there TS. I usually just skip the openings and endings after I watch them twice. I wonder if that was ment just for the opening or if they were supposed to get new attacks.

That's what I hated about S, Super S and Stars. Sailor Moon gets new attacks, new costumes and the other girls don't get anything but longer ribbons on their skirts. :roll:

But looking at the video again, the Mars Fire Snake, that was an attack she had in the video game, it was a ground attack. I need to go boot my SNES up and see if she says anything when she uses the attack. The other ones didn't look like any from the games or anywere else.
 

TuxedoStarr

Lapis Lunaris
Sep 27, 2003
693
0
0
World Traveler :)
#14
Moon Jump said:
Good eye there TS.
Heh. I like it. TS. It's cool.

Moon Jump said:
That's what I hated about S, Super S and Stars. Sailor Moon gets new attacks, new costumes and the other girls don't get anything but longer ribbons on their skirts. :roll:
I know, right? Even Chibiusa got new stuff, and she didn't fare much better...all she got was a horse to come help her. Some "training" she got.

They didn't even have to get new transformations. Just a new attack here and there. Really...what makes the writers think that the Senshi can handle stronger baddies when even Sailormoon needs a powerup? How did they even stand up against the Circus?? Geez, even when they GET new powers, they're near USELESS anyway...*cough LovenBeauty Shock vs Iron Mouse cough*

Moon Jump said:
But looking at the video again, the Mars Fire Snake, that was an attack she had in the video game, it was a ground attack. I need to go boot my SNES up and see if she says anything when she uses the attack. The other ones didn't look like any from the games or anywere else.
I know that they say the names in SMAS. And I know it doesn't look the same in the fighting games, but it clicked when I played the 3do game and Mars pulled a move (see below)

(That, and Mercury's attack looks significantly different, and Jupiter is obviously shooting a Cyclone from her hand...)
 

Kerochan no Miko

Knight Radiant
Staff member
Site Admin
Feb 29, 2004
6,242
115
165
#15
TuxedoStarr said:
(That, and Mercury's attack looks significantly different, and Jupiter is obviously shooting a Cyclone from her hand...)
I thought that looked like Flower Hurricane, myself, not Coconut Cyclone - there were some flower petals in there.
 

Brad

Lapis Lunaris
Oct 19, 2003
1,324
0
0
39
A SECRET Base
www.Moonkitty.net
#16
Kerochan no Miko said:
TuxedoStarr said:
(That, and Mercury's attack looks significantly different, and Jupiter is obviously shooting a Cyclone from her hand...)
I thought that looked like Flower Hurricane, myself, not Coconut Cyclone - there were some flower petals in there.
I agree. i thought flower hurricane as well. Definitly petals in there.
 

TuxedoStarr

Lapis Lunaris
Sep 27, 2003
693
0
0
World Traveler :)
#17
Brad said:
Kerochan no Miko said:
TuxedoStarr said:
(That, and Mercury's attack looks significantly different, and Jupiter is obviously shooting a Cyclone from her hand...)
I thought that looked like Flower Hurricane, myself, not Coconut Cyclone - there were some flower petals in there.
I agree. i thought flower hurricane as well. Definitly petals in there.
I would think Flower Hurricane would be pink. And I'd guess coconuts aren't aesthetically pleasing to be tossed around in a cyclone attack unless she was a monkey. Or something.
 

Kerochan no Miko

Knight Radiant
Staff member
Site Admin
Feb 29, 2004
6,242
115
165
#18
TuxedoStarr said:
I would think Flower Hurricane would be pink. And I'd guess coconuts aren't aesthetically pleasing to be tossed around in a cyclone attack unless you're a monkey. Or something.
I agree. i thought flower hurricane as well. Definitly petals in there.
In PGSM, Flower Hurricane was just a bunch of pink petals. But this attack looks like green energy with pink petals swirling around in it - maybe they just wanted green so we didn't get confused and think it was Sailor Moon's attack. :P
 

Toy Soldier

Lapis Lunaris
Oct 25, 2003
1,385
0
0
Usagi's bedroom :3
#19
Well, I think Jupiter is definitely shooting her coconut cyclon here....
the flower hurricane is different and more defensive, she confuse the enemy with flowers.....the attack she use in this sequence seem to be a really offensive and powerful.
Taking about Venus, in the opening she currently grab the chain (she never touch it in the love me chain attack) as in the manga, when she use the wink chain sword, maybe the "sword" effect is done by the razor edges of the golden hearts.

Off topic....it's so hard to explain things, my english is so bad..... :cry:
please guys, correct me.... :grey: :( -.-""""""""""
 

Kerochan no Miko

Knight Radiant
Staff member
Site Admin
Feb 29, 2004
6,242
115
165
#20
Yaten said:
the flower hurricane is different and more defensive, she confuse the enemy with flowers.....the attack she use in this sequence seem to be a really offensive and powerful.
In the manga it might have just confused people. But back to the PGSM example, it was definitely an offensive attack, so there's no reason why it wouldn't've been the same in the anime.

I don't see any reason to think that's Coconut Cyclone instead of Flower Hurricane, especially considering that it's a hurricane with flower petals.