Act 21 opinions

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Did you enjoy this episode?

  • Yes

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1

SecretWorld

Lapis Lunaris
Jan 10, 2004
26
0
0
I really liked this episode. I loved the dirty looks Nephrite and Jedite gave Kunzite at one point early in the episode, it was like they were jealous little brothers *giggle*

I love the way Kunzite lurks in the background all the time with his cape spread around him, it makes him look mysterious. He's so much more interesting than he was in the anime.

Motoki is so cute. I loved his car, and the scene at the hospital when he was giving Makoto all the food.

I can't wait to see Dark Mercury fight the rest of the senshi. Only Kunzite could be powerful enough, and cocky enough, to turn a senshi evil.
 

kurisu

Lapis Lunaris
Jan 31, 2004
78
0
0
Sakuya said:
Huh? :? I never said that.
Hello, sorry I quoted the wrong person. aquarius_star actually said the thing about the price label. Sorry for the confusion.

mpeters13 said:
I don't see a testing plate... or a barcode. I've looked three times. Can you point it out please?
7:39am the time reads. Makoto is holding a small plate which has the soup in it, she sips it to taste the flavor. In that moment when she sips it, you can see that under the plate there is a barcode.
 

blackbird

Lapis Lunaris
Dec 16, 2003
934
0
0
South Carolina, United States
TuxedoStarr said:
And before I forget--awesome fight scene with Mako and Kunzite, love how Luna blinks her eyes open in the beginning, and Luna so looks like she's ready to lay the bitch-ass smack-down on Kunzite or Mercury when Evil Mercury's transformed--her face has "Oh no you didn't!" written all over it. :lol:
ROTFLMAO!!! :D
 

navi

Lapis Lunaris
Dec 14, 2003
18
0
0
Whoa

I love this episode.
It's character-centric, Jupiter's fight is awesome.
And something I didn't expect shows up: namely Dark Mercury. Oh geez ya know, I think Hama should have been casted an evil character. :)

And
Masaya > Shibue Jyoji

No, seriously. Masaya-kun IS CUTE AND HOT!
*faints* I'd LOVE to see some Makoto x Motoki. They look really cute together.

Now I am really anticipating to the next episode. Whoa. Won't you love to see them all in Dark form? :D
 

wafflejones

Lapis Lunaris
Dec 20, 2003
259
0
0
USA, PA
mimiusa.deviantart.com
This act left me craving for the next, man! And now to grade on 1 to 10 scale the events most remebered from this act...ahem

Makoto punching Tux> 7 ...honestly she should have kicked him. Sorry Mamo.

Miyuu's acting> 8 ...she's getting better and better. if she keeps this up I just might forget that god awful 'Me and You.'

Makoto's various talents> 8.5 ...now this is the Makoto I know and love, kicking peoples butts and still cooking food for her friends. Nice. :wink:

And finally, Ami-chan's evil henshin> 8.5 ...man how I know how she feels being sort of left behind (unpurposely though) Though I don't think this form will last long ( I give it 2-3 more episodes) I'm lovin' it.
 

aquarius_star

Lapis Lunaris
Feb 22, 2004
489
0
0
Malaysia
mpeters13 said:
I don't see a testing plate... or a barcode. I've looked three times. Can you point it out please?
7:39am the time reads. Makoto is holding a small plate which has the soup in it, she sips it to taste the flavor. In that moment when she sips it, you can see that under the plate there is a barcode.[/quote]

Yeah, I was the one who pointed out the whole barcode thing. like what he/she said.
 

genkib

Lapis Lunaris
Mar 3, 2004
421
0
0
aquarius_star said:
I'm not very happy to find out that Mamoru's going abroad though.. And oh man! She did punched him.. oh well, gotta face the fact laid infront of me... :P He deserve it by answering those false answers to Makoto anyway(Can't believe that i am actually saying this..) ... He was the one that made her punched him... *sighz*... oh well.
I've said this in another topic but I do think he's not lying delibrately to Mako. He can't really break off the engagement with Hina because it's a very serious matter in Japan. Both families will be disgraced (especially the girl's) so if he is a half-decent man, he probably wouldn't break up with Hina even if he truly loves Usagi. Which I believe he does and he realizes it perfectly well. He's just restricted by his circumstances...hence his frustration with Mako's persistent questioning. His answer to Mako's last question was probably more out of resentment to his inability to do anything rather than out-right lying. I really don't think he deserves the punch...Mako can be a bit hot-headed sometimes although I do appreciate her protectiveness about her friends.
 

blackbird

Lapis Lunaris
Dec 16, 2003
934
0
0
South Carolina, United States
Tux's choices:

1) Marry Hina to upgold honor. Live rest of life being stalked and beat up by Mako-chan and knowing that Usagi's heart is broken.

2) Break the engagement, face dishonor, possibly start an uproar. Get with Usagi. Live with the knowledge that he is safe from Mako-chan's wrath.

:D
 

genkib

Lapis Lunaris
Mar 3, 2004
421
0
0
blackbird said:
Tux's choices:

1) Marry Hina to upgold honor. Live rest of life being stalked and beat up by Mako-chan and knowing that Usagi's heart is broken.

2) Break the engagement, face dishonor, possibly start an uproar. Get with Usagi. Live with the knowledge that he is safe from Mako-chan's wrath.

:D
Hahaha!! I like that! Poor guy gets shafted no matter what~~
 

blackbird

Lapis Lunaris
Dec 16, 2003
934
0
0
South Carolina, United States
If you kinda think about it, the Tuxedo Mask character is sort of like symbolic, because Mamoru has to mask his feelings, he has to hide how he feels to Hina as Mamoru, has to hide his feeling when he encounters Usagi, and once agian when he meets her alter ego, the one and only Sailor Moon. Or would that be an allegory, hmm. I've done confused myself. :D
 

Nae

Lapis Lunaris
Dec 7, 2003
212
0
0
Seoul, Korea
blackbird said:
If you kinda think about it, the Tuxedo Mask character is sort of like symbolic, because Mamoru has to mask his feelings, he has to hide how he feels to Hina as Mamoru, has to hide his feeling when he encounters Usagi, and once agian when he meets her alter ego, the one and only Sailor Moon. Or would that be an allegory, hmm. I've done confused myself. :D
As an English major and a Mamoru groupie, I like that. ^^
 

blackbird

Lapis Lunaris
Dec 16, 2003
934
0
0
South Carolina, United States
Nae said:
blackbird said:
If you kinda think about it, the Tuxedo Mask character is sort of like symbolic, because Mamoru has to mask his feelings, he has to hide how he feels to Hina as Mamoru, has to hide his feeling when he encounters Usagi, and once agian when he meets her alter ego, the one and only Sailor Moon. Or would that be an allegory, hmm. I've done confused myself. :D
As an English major and a Mamoru groupie, I like that. ^^
Heh, thanks. I'm always trying to read between the lines. Sometimes I have to be careful not to look too deep, or I start thinking about things that aren;t really there or intended. I just thought it was a nice symbolism. :D

BTW, I read a lot, so it must be my large lexicon (vocabulary, see I did it again!). :P
 

Surly Bob

Lapis Lunaris
Mar 4, 2004
89
0
0
blackbird said:
Maybe the subbers are taking "artistic liberties"? LOL. :D
"A Sailor Senshi is a moonlight real girl."

Perhaps one of the translators has hearing problems. :roll: I clearly hear (even more clearly in the album version) "Sera senshi sore wa MOONLIGHT MIRACURU" ("Sailor Senshi are a moonlight miracle.", or something similar) EDIT: Just listened to the song 3 times with my eyes closed - it definately says "moonlight miracle".

Maybe they are just upholding the tradition of VKLL and Pioneer of subbing Mako-chan to make her sound like a potty-mouth.
 

wazzle_wizzle

Lapis Lunaris
Dec 5, 2003
287
0
0
www.geocities.com
Surly Bob said:
blackbird said:
Maybe the subbers are taking "artistic liberties"? LOL. :D
"A Sailor Senshi is a moonlight real girl."

Perhaps one of the translators has hearing problems. :roll: I clearly hear (even more clearly in the album version) "Sera senshi sore wa MOONLIGHT MIRACURU" ("Sailor Senshi are a moonlight miracle.", or something similar)

Maybe they are just upholding the tradition of VKLL and Pioneer of subbing Mako-chan to make her sound like a potty-mouth.
I believe we all hear "Moonlight Miracle", but Nihon have fine-tuned their translation of the opening credits several times. I'm pretty sure "Moonlight Real Girl" comes directly from the lyrics that accompanied the CD and so we just have to accept it.
 
KerochanNoMiko said:
Mamoru Chiba said:
:lol: It looks like Jupiter is the cussing senshi... how many times has she said f***?
None? :wink:
So you think if I took a translator with me and I said what Mako-chan/Jupiter said in Japanese, people there wouldn't beat me? (If we were going by TV-Nihon's rules, that is)