Act 22 Preview

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

kurisu

Lapis Lunaris
Jan 31, 2004
78
0
0
#82
Just becuase Dark Mercury is evil does that mean she's stronger then before?? I'm sure the other senshi minus Venus will not fight as hard against her, because that is their friend. Their mind-set is to get her back to normal not defeat her. Where as Venus's logic is, "This girl is a threat to the real princess. Must stop her."

Don't get me wrong, VENUS is my favorite of the PGSM girls. But when it comes to fighting she is just OKAY. She makes big entrances and does a lot of talk down to the other senshi, but in battle she ends up a little short. She's always on the ground. Some have said that Venus is a lot like Uranus is in the anime. But Venus just talks the talk but doesn't have the power to back it up (where Uranus had both.)

Anyway, I hope Dark Mercury doesn't just zap Venus once and then she's down on the ground and yelling at everyone else to defeat Dark Mercury. I actually want Venus to go head on with the new enemy. I hope Venus chain slaps Mercury a few times before Moon does her healing thing to Mercury.
 

ayakachan

Lapis Lunaris
Feb 6, 2004
111
0
0
www.ayaka.cjb.net
#83
Minami said:
Nope, at least one senshi became "evil" during the Dark Kingdom arc. Tux turned evil, then he used mind control on Makoto to get her to work for him, using her to find out about the underground control room. Makoto then tried to take the ginzuishou from Usagi afterwards, but had been kicked away by Minako. Only then did her senses return.
Off topic, but what was that episode? I need to re-watch everything again -.-' its been too long now xD
 

Malachite82

Lapis Lunaris
Nov 21, 2003
212
0
0
Boston
#86
kurisu said:
Just becuase Dark Mercury is evil does that mean she's stronger then before?? I'm sure the other senshi minus Venus will not fight as hard against her, because that is their friend. Their mind-set is to get her back to normal not defeat her. Where as Venus's logic is, "This girl is a threat to the real princess. Must stop her."

Don't get me wrong, VENUS is my favorite of the PGSM girls. But when it comes to fighting she is just OKAY. She makes big entrances and does a lot of talk down to the other senshi, but in battle she ends up a little short. She's always on the ground. Some have said that Venus is a lot like Uranus is in the anime. But Venus just talks the talk but doesn't have the power to back it up (where Uranus had both.).
I don't know about that. I always thought Venus was pretty strong. It was just that youma in Act 17-18 she had trouble with, probably because of Metallia's awakening. Even Mars had trouble with it by herself.

Even as Minako she was able to escape from the manager/youma. So I wouldn't underestimate her. Besides the fact Venus' is often ill, I think she's done a pretty decent job of holding her ground.

EDIT: Well Venus obviously hasn't spend any time with Ami/Mercury, so if she were to develop the friendship with the senshi in which Artemis forbids, she would probably feel differently.

kurisu said:
Anyway, I hope Dark Mercury doesn't just zap Venus once and then she's down on the ground and yelling at everyone else to defeat Dark Mercury. I actually want Venus to go head on with the new enemy. I hope Venus chain slaps Mercury a few times before Moon does her healing thing to Mercury.
I hope so too :)
She's awesome with the mighty chain of hers :)
 

Sakuya

Lapis Lunaris
Oct 9, 2003
1,833
1
0
United States
www.cfwan.com
#87
Her outfit is just so cool! :P I am still in awe after several days! I just love her chain! I wonder if Takeuchi Naoko designed the outfit? Wouldn't it be cool if they had Mercury use her chain against Venus' chain? :)
 

Minami

Lapis Lunaris
Jan 25, 2004
71
0
0
Philippines
#88
Malachite82 said:
EDIT: Well Venus obviously hasn't spend any time with Ami/Mercury, so if she were to develop the friendship with the senshi in which Artemis forbids, she would probably feel differently.
I'm confused - didn't Artemis mention that the reason why Minako didn't make friends wasn't because of their mission, but because she didn't want them to be sad?

I agree though. Minako doesn't seem totally heartless. During the time when it seemed as if she and Rei were bonding, she went against Artemis' orders and transformed to help Mars with the youma anyway.
 

Malachite82

Lapis Lunaris
Nov 21, 2003
212
0
0
Boston
#89
Minami said:
Malachite82 said:
EDIT: Well Venus obviously hasn't spend any time with Ami/Mercury, so if she were to develop the friendship with the senshi in which Artemis forbids, she would probably feel differently.
I'm confused - didn't Artemis mention that the reason why Minako didn't make friends wasn't because of their mission, but because she didn't want them to be sad?
Ah yeah, that's true... :)
Thanks for correcting me.
 

sakura_no_kage

Lapis Lunaris
Oct 8, 2003
4
0
0
#90
Poor Japanese said:
Yes,they said that staffs call her "waru-mi" (warui, evil in kanji is
very similar to "A" in "Ami" in kanji) or Darkury.
it's warumi?
The first time i saw that word i pronounced it as akumi, since warui when u used with jo, it becomes akujo (bad girl)
So i thought akumi sounds similiar to ami, just an extra ku in between..
 

genkib

Lapis Lunaris
Mar 3, 2004
421
0
0
#91
sakura_no_kage said:
it's warumi?
The first time i saw that word i pronounced it as akumi, since warui when u used with jo, it becomes akujo (bad girl)
So i thought akumi sounds similiar to ami, just an extra ku in between..
I agree it's Akumi as well. That's how I've heard this word's been pronounced before and it does sound more similar to Ami.
 

Poor Japanese

Lapis Lunaris
Nov 9, 2003
52
0
0
#92
sakura_no_kage said:
Poor Japanese said:
Yes,they said that staffs call her "waru-mi" (warui, evil in kanji is
very similar to "A" in "Ami" in kanji) or Darkury.
it's warumi?
The first time i saw that word i pronounced it as akumi, since warui when u used with jo, it becomes akujo (bad girl)
So i thought akumi sounds similiar to ami, just an extra ku in between..
Yes, your point is reasonable.

I already ponted that by kenji in japanese forum.

As you know,it is written in KANJI,and
it can be read either AKUMI or WARUMI.

I don't know which pronounce is really right,
but when I posted,I assumed it as WARUMI.
It was only my prejudice,and no reason is
exist alleging the pronounce is WARUMI.
 

Lt Razak

Lapis Lunaris
Feb 7, 2004
40
0
0
Singapore
xiaoquan.blogspot.com
#93
Aaaah... I sincerely hope that Darkury will whip Venus's @$$. Venus had been too high-and-mighty for all we know, and I guess nothing pierces an ego more than a fellow senshi attacking her.

Let's hope that Venus will use all her moves, only to have Darkury dodge or deflect all away ( just like Kunzie ) and for Mercury to just tip a tired Venus over with a single finger.

I know I'm going against all the Venus lovers in the forum, but let's stick to the context, Venus right now isn't the Venus we all came to love and adore.
 

blackbird

Lapis Lunaris
Dec 16, 2003
934
0
0
South Carolina, United States
#94
Lt Razak said:
Aaaah... I sincerely hope that Darkury will whip Venus's @$$. Venus had been too high-and-mighty for all we know, and I guess nothing pierces an ego more than a fellow senshi attacking her.

Let's hope that Venus will use all her moves, only to have Darkury dodge or deflect all away ( just like Kunzie ) and for Mercury to just tip a tired Venus over with a single finger.

I know I'm going against all the Venus lovers in the forum, but let's stick to the context, Venus right now isn't the Venus we all came to love and adore.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! YES! YES! :D
 
#95
Man it has been awhile O.O'

I am defintaly waiting for this episode to come out. I never would ahve expected AMi to turn.Maybe Venus or Mars. Good way to keep my interest.I hope Ami chan goes back to normal though, it would kind of suck if she was gone. I mean there are rumors going around about a NEW ORIGIONAL CHARACTER in the next season, so it makes me worry. It wouldn't be the same without Mercury-chan as an inner senshi. :cry:
 

uncchristine99

Lapis Lunaris
Feb 9, 2004
862
0
0
Atlanta
www.still-frames.net
#96
I hope it's a good fight! Venus and Mercury, that is. They're both entirely too skinny so I'm not expecting much but... I guess I'm just excited after seeing Jupiter's new moves.

I'd like to see Sawai Miyuu do some damage. She has the most muscle tone and seems to be the most athletically inclined of the group, although I would argue for Rei also, just looking at the way they run.

That being said, do these girls do their own stunts? Sometimes, I think Rei is. Either that, or she's got a REALLY good body double. And sometimes I think Usagi is really doing hers too. Anybody know for sure?
 

dodgerfan

Lapis Lunaris
Oct 23, 2003
1,812
0
0
Just outside of New York City
#97
Lt Razak said:
Aaaah... I sincerely hope that Darkury will whip Venus's @$$. Venus had been too high-and-mighty for all we know, and I guess nothing pierces an ego more than a fellow senshi attacking her.

Let's hope that Venus will use all her moves, only to have Darkury dodge or deflect all away ( just like Kunzie ) and for Mercury to just tip a tired Venus over with a single finger.

I know I'm going against all the Venus lovers in the forum, but let's stick to the context, Venus right now isn't the Venus we all came to love and adore.
:( Quite true! Still, Venus is my all time favorite Sailor Moon character (Mercury, ironically enough is #2)! I can't root against her! I just hope she and the others can bring Mercury back to being her normal "goody goody" self! I think Dark Mercury will not be an EASY opponent!
 

Jendra

Lapis Lunaris
Oct 26, 2003
326
0
0
Out in Left Field
#98
I really think Dark Mercury will take Venus down, upon where Venus shouts from the ground during the preview to 'take the enemy down.' More or less.

This is a powerful, dark senshi, I would hope she is harder to beat than just one fight with a sick Venus.