Sailor Moon attraction at Universal Studios Japan (USJ) 2018

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Seira Hazuki

Solaris Luna
Jan 17, 2007
2,313
1,812
1,665
#21
it just doesn’t make much sense for them to be mixing 90’s designs with details from Crystal. It’s not even a classic case of Toei making a mistake because originally when they advertised the feature they used the “correct” design for ‘90s Moon and then decided to change it out of nowhere. There really wasn’t any need to tweak those designs considering they’ve kept Crystal and the ‘90s anime separate since the beginning.

Also it’s kinda sad that we’re FINALLY getting an original story and yet there’s probably no chance we’ll get to see it.
 
May 31, 2009
938
483
165
Tankei Kingdom, Kinmoku
#22
MementoNepenthe said:
Interesting how the visuals are clearly done in the 90s style, but with the Crystal details (the collar stripes, Mercury not having sleeves, Venus having her belt). Why didn't they use these designs from the beginning?
Those aren't really Crystal details; they're manga details. But yeah, the mix-match is unusual. Has any official art piece done this before?
 

NJ_

Nebula
Oct 31, 2009
7,847
1,591
1,665
34
Wallington, NJ
#23
MementoNepenthe said:
The "completely new story" bit is interesting. The title is cool too. Any chance the footage/visuals from this will eventually get released online or on home video, or are those of us who aren't going to be in Japan next year fated to miss out?
For home video, probably not since they haven't done anything with the other features and the only videos around are recordings from the events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqfIK7DgU5I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ETprIIuHGM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlwfYGPT62Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBGGTWekFok

Also there was a new version of We Gotta Power made for the Goku/Freeza feature (first link at 8:55) that was never released on any CD either.
 

Neon Genesis

Solaris Luna
Oct 31, 2015
2,332
257
165
#24
Hopefully someone can at least do a recording of the Sailor Moon attraction. So will the Sailor Moon attraction also be in full CGI animation? That should be interesting to see.
 
Mar 8, 2012
4,988
4,071
1,665
#25
Sailor Starlight said:
MementoNepenthe said:
Interesting how the visuals are clearly done in the 90s style, but with the Crystal details (the collar stripes, Mercury not having sleeves, Venus having her belt). Why didn't they use these designs from the beginning?
Those aren't really Crystal details; they're manga details. But yeah, the mix-match is unusual. Has any official art piece done this before?
I say Crystal details rather than manga details because Jupiter lacks her belt and Mars her pendant.
 

Rika-Chicchi

Staff member
Site Admin
May 7, 2009
37,866
1,209
1,665
#28
Cordelia LeFay said:
I might go to this if the rest of my friends want to go. We're waiting for more details to be released before we make our final decision.
Would like to see your report on your trip there in due course if you decided to go. :)
 

Maraviollantes

Sailor Moon fan #1
Staff member
Site Admin
Jan 3, 2006
9,207
514
665
Embelyon
shoujocity.com
#35
Rika-Chicchi said:
Maraviollantes said:
Rika-Chicchi said:
^ That's neat. :)
What about you, Rika? What kind of BSSM attraction would be interesting enough for you to consider visiting the park personally? :o
If only I could. lol
What is stopping you? If you think kids will laugh at you for riding on a Sailor Moon merry-go-round, you have nothing to worry about. Japanese kids are used to seeing gaijins doing all kinds of weird things, so they'll just pretend they don't notice you. :ninja:
 

Rika-Chicchi

Staff member
Site Admin
May 7, 2009
37,866
1,209
1,665
#36
Maraviollantes said:
Rika-Chicchi said:
Maraviollantes said:
What about you, Rika? What kind of BSSM attraction would be interesting enough for you to consider visiting the park personally? :o
If only I could. lol
What is stopping you? If you think kids will laugh at you for riding on a Sailor Moon merry-go-round, you have nothing to worry about. Japanese kids are used to seeing gaijins doing all kinds of weird things, so they'll just pretend they don't notice you. :ninja:
It's not that, lol nor that I can't afford the trip or I'm legally prohibited to take it (unless the Japanese govt. doesn't like me entering their country, which I don't think is the case lol ) - it's just that my personal circumstances, which I can't disclose, don't allow me to do so. :)
 

Maraviollantes

Sailor Moon fan #1
Staff member
Site Admin
Jan 3, 2006
9,207
514
665
Embelyon
shoujocity.com
#37
Rika-Chicchi said:
It's not that, lol nor that I can't afford the trip or I'm legally prohibited to take it (unless the Japanese govt. doesn't like me entering their country, which I don't think is the case lol ) - it's just that my personal circumstances, which I can't disclose, don't allow me to do so. :)
You have a citizenship of North Korea. This is the only thing that could explain your "personal circumstances". :creeper:
 

Rika-Chicchi

Staff member
Site Admin
May 7, 2009
37,866
1,209
1,665
#38
Maraviollantes said:
Rika-Chicchi said:
It's not that, lol nor that I can't afford the trip or I'm legally prohibited to take it (unless the Japanese govt. doesn't like me entering their country, which I don't think is the case lol ) - it's just that my personal circumstances, which I can't disclose, don't allow me to do so. :)
You have a citizenship of North Korea. This is the only thing that could explain your "personal circumstances". :creeper:
Maybe I'm a brother of Mr Kim, whose recently assassinated brother was repatriated by the Japanese govt. after entering the country to visit Tokyo Disneyland. :P