Sailor Moon attraction at Universal Studios Japan (USJ) 2018

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NJ_

Nebula
Oct 31, 2009
7,850
1,592
1,665
34
Wallington, NJ
#42


TV commercial when?
 

Seira Hazuki

Solaris Luna
Jan 17, 2007
2,316
1,822
1,665
#46
Apparently the plot deals with a Youma using the Universal Park as a plot to steal energy. So basically a classic Motw plot from the ‘90s anime except a little more meta.
 
Mar 8, 2012
4,997
4,103
1,665
#48
Sailor Moon looks weird, but the Inners look good. I am a bit concerned that Sailor Moon is wielding that tacky Universal version of the Cutie Moon Rod, though; hope she won't actually use it in the show. (Though perhaps this is Toei's new strategy to squeeze more money out of the franchise; when the Dream movies come out, we'll see brand logos on all of the items and clothes the characters wear. :lol: )
 
Jun 6, 2006
3,133
623
665
30
NJ
#49
So...

It's 3D artwork of the original anime designs, with manga influences and the PGSM logo. :googly:

I think it looks neat, all things considered. Curious as to why they chose to go with the second season.
 

chrissifniotis

Aurorae Lunares
Apr 20, 2017
1,499
125
165
32
Australia
#51
Rika-Chicchi said:
Umino said:
Curious as to why they chose to go with the second season.
Maybe Wiseman would be featured in it to scare the players? lol
Good god I hope not. :lol: That bloke scares me. ^_^' It's a pipe dream but if the are drawing from R I want a Doom Tree inspired story.
 
Jul 31, 2012
3,654
1,272
1,665
Outer Space
www.facebook.com
#52
Umino said:
I think it looks neat, all things considered. Curious as to why they chose to go with the second season.

The second season would have been the best season to end the series. While the DK dealt with the past, BM dealt with the Future. Makes me wonder if they can add in the futuristic designs of Crystal Tokyo on the ride for a better experience, if the plot goes that route too.

I wonder if Chibi-Usa and Pluto will make apperancces??
 
Sep 24, 2008
3,739
228
165
#53
With the 3D and 2D art I'm impressed that they are keeping the appearance closer to the manga (i.e Mercury's sleeves and hair, Minako's love-me-chain)
 
Mar 8, 2012
4,997
4,103
1,665
#54
I mean...again...they're just following Crystal... If they were really trying to follow the manga, Mars and Jupiter would have their accessories and manga hair color.

Anyway, given the plot, I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing Wiseman, Ail and En, Pluto, Chibiusa, or anyone else besides the Inners, the youma, and probably Tuxedo Mask.

Anyone know if the Crystal voice actors are voicing this thing, or might there be a chance of some different VAs being involved? I'm assuming it'll be the Crystal cast, but I'd like confirmation?
 

Rika-Chicchi

Staff member
Site Admin
May 7, 2009
37,866
1,209
1,665
#55
MementoNepenthe said:
Anyway, given the plot, I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing Wiseman, Ail and En, Pluto, Chibiusa, or anyone else besides the Inners, the youma, and probably Tuxedo Mask.
So no Moonlight Knight too? That'd be a pity, since he looks pretty cool, like the title character in Lawrence of Arabia, a classic movie. :cool:
 

Neon Genesis

Solaris Luna
Oct 31, 2015
2,332
257
165
#56
MementoNepenthe said:
Anyone know if the Crystal voice actors are voicing this thing, or might there be a chance of some different VAs being involved? I'm assuming it'll be the Crystal cast, but I'd like confirmation?
It'd be nice if they could bring back the original anime cast but that would probably not likely just for some Japan only ride.
 

cuau_cg

Luna Crescens
Jan 10, 2010
168
19
15
34
#58
MementoNepenthe said:
Sailor Moon looks weird, but the Inners look good. I am a bit concerned that Sailor Moon is wielding that tacky Universal version of the Cutie Moon Rod, though; hope she won't actually use it in the show. (Though perhaps this is Toei's new strategy to squeeze more money out of the franchise; when the Dream movies come out, we'll see brand logos on all of the items and clothes the characters wear. :lol: )
I somewhere read in the description of the attraction that you will have to fight the enemy with the new "Cutie Universal Rod", so yes, she will use it in the show.
 

Neon Genesis

Solaris Luna
Oct 31, 2015
2,332
257
165
#60
The Blizzard Prince said:
Wish we'd get a pic of the Youma. I always love seeing what strange MotD designs they come up with. :lol:
I would also love to see what the monster looks like. I wonder if they'll go with a design inspired by the Droids since it's based around R or go with a more generic monster design that would fit into any season.