Unused Concepts You Wish Were Used

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Mar 8, 2012
4,402
2,619
1,665
30
#1
Basically, of all the ideas Naoko and company had for the series but, for one reason or another, never actually employed (Cyborg!Mercury, Sailor Moon La Cygne, Ikuhara's SuperS movie concept, etc), which do you really wish had been implemented? What unused concepts would you loved to have seen?

For me, I've always been curious about Diana the Moon Fairy. What would she have been like? How would she have impacted the plot? Would kitten!Diana still have existed (possibly with a different name)? I'd love for a future adaptation to incorporate this character, even if only for a one-off ~alternate universe~ or ~it was all a dream~ type episode.

I've also always loved Naoko's early idea that Chibiusa would have alien friends, as seen here: http://mangastyle.net/images/artbook2/s ... k-2-29.jpg

I don't know if they would have worked well as "full-time" characters per se, but I wish Naoko had used that concept for one of the Picture Diary side stories.
 

Clow

Lumen Cinereum
Jul 29, 2012
3,489
262
165
#2
I think having Ami as a cyborg was a terrible idea.

I think Ikuhara's idea for the SuperS film could have taken "Sailor Moon" to the next level.
 

Umino

Lumen Cinereum
Jun 6, 2006
3,058
468
165
30
NJ
#3
I'm also bummed Ikuhara's original concept for the SuperS movie never came to fruition. I also would've liked to see his original idea for the climax of the R movie.

Really wish Toei would've gone with Kazuko Tadano's original design for the Moonlight Knight. It made more sense than the version we got.

Although it's minor, I would've liked to have seen Mako as a smoker. It would've been cool. :smug:
 

DREWdesu

Luna Crescens
Sep 24, 2008
3,674
102
165
#5
I would have loved to see Sailor Venus and Mars's eyes change colour when they transform from school girl to Sailor Senshi if it was for the anime adaptation.
 
Jul 5, 2009
8,277
601
665
Philippines
#7
Rika-Chicchi said:
Umino said:
Although it's minor, I would've liked to have seen Mako as a smoker. It would've been cool. :smug:
Me too, tho that's totally infeasible nowadays. lol
Agreed. The actress of Sailormoon The Movie had a picture taken during break smoking and was heavily criticized for it.

Reminds me of a scene in Southpark.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUEjnoWpdao[/youtube]
 

MariaTenebre

Lumen Cinereum
Jul 22, 2009
5,021
369
165
#9
I actually agree on Diana the Moon Fairy. In my fanfic I renamed her Nike and made her into Sailor Galaxia's Guardian Creature. In my story I always thought that Sailor Galaxia reminded me of the Goddess Athena both were arrayed in golden armor etc. So I had that Sailor Galaxia's royal name is Athena. I of course go by the 90s canon. I basically had that when Sailor Galaxia begun to be taken over by Chaos she sent Nike away so she wouldn't be hurt. However I haven't decided where she would go in the meantime between her parting with Sailor Galaxia and Sailor Galaxia's exorcism of Chaos at the end of Sailor Stars.

As for some of the unused ideas I would have really liked for Haruka and Michiru to be Takarazuka actresses as they were originally intended to be. They could still retain their other careers like Haruka could be a race car driver, Michiru could be a violinist and painter etc however they could also be in Takarazuka as well.
 

Purple Kitti

Lapis Lunaris
Jan 23, 2017
30
1
0
36
#11
maria tenebre uses awesome idea of awesomness with galaxia/ diana.

i was curious about diana fairy too. otherwise, cyborg mercury was replaced by cyborg hotaru which was way cooler. 8)
 
Sep 29, 2014
469
16
15
30
#12
TS Sailor Cronus said:
otherwise, cyborg mercury was replaced by cyborg hotaru which was way cooler. 8)
And just makes more sense. How was Ami supposed to be a cyborg? I guess in that version she'd have a VERY different backstory
 
Mar 8, 2012
4,402
2,619
1,665
30
#13
I agree that Cyborg Hotaru makes a lot more sense than Cyborg Ami, so I'm happy things panned out that way.

Loving all the love for delinquent/smoker Mako in this thread! I don't care one way the other about Mako being a smoker, but I would have enjoyed seeing her in a gang. That could have been a lot of fun!
 
Jan 17, 2007
2,014
782
665
#14
I'm surprised that the Diana Fairy idea wasn't retooled as some kind of "Guardian Moon." It's strange to me that all of the Sol System senshi seem to have Sailor Power Guardians but not Moon or Chibi Moon?
 

MariaTenebre

Lumen Cinereum
Jul 22, 2009
5,021
369
165
#15
Seira Hazuki said:
I'm surprised that the Diana Fairy idea wasn't retooled as some kind of "Guardian Moon." It's strange to me that all of the Sol System senshi seem to have Sailor Power Guardians but not Moon or Chibi Moon?
Honestly I thought the Sailor Power Guardians made little to no sense. On one hand they referred to themselves as the Inner and Outer Senshi's other selves and yet for some reason they stayed in their Super forms while the Senshi advanced to Eternal, yet in other senses they are painted as the separate Guardians of their Senshi's Sailor Crystals and castles. Also what about Guardian Cosmos is she also a Sailor Power Guardian of the Cosmos Crystal and yet she looks nothing like Sailor Cosmos and doesn't seem to be Sailor Cosmos's other self. What I did in my fanfic was I completely changed the Sailor Power Guardians. In my fic the Sailor Power Guardians were the lead Satellite Senshi that guarded one of the Sol Senshi and are not the separate selves of their respective Senshi but the Guardians of their castles. I had for instance Phobos and Deimos aka Rei's Crows become Sailor Phobos and Sailor Deimos and to be Sailor Mars's Sailor Power Guardian. Plus in the manga it wasn't Guardian Mars that gave Sailor Mars her Sailor Crystal but rather Phobos and Deimos themselves. I will also be making Senshi for each of the castles of the respective Senshi so there will be a Sailor Mariner for Sailor Mercury, a Sailor Io for Sailor Jupiter, a Sailor Miranda for Sailor Uranus etc. I also had Sailor Astarte to be Sailor Moon's Sailor Power Guardian and the leader of the Sailor Power Guardians and the other Satellite Senshi.
 
Sep 29, 2014
469
16
15
30
#16
MariaTenebre said:
Seira Hazuki said:
I'm surprised that the Diana Fairy idea wasn't retooled as some kind of "Guardian Moon." It's strange to me that all of the Sol System senshi seem to have Sailor Power Guardians but not Moon or Chibi Moon?
Honestly I thought the Sailor Power Guardians made little to no sense. On one hand they referred to themselves as the Inner and Outer Senshi's other selves and yet for some reason they stayed in their Super forms while the Senshi advanced to Eternal, yet in other senses they are painted as the separate Guardians of their Senshi's Sailor Crystals and castles. Also what about Guardian Cosmos is she also a Sailor Power Guardian of the Cosmos Crystal and yet she looks nothing like Sailor Cosmos and doesn't seem to be Sailor Cosmos's other self. What I did in my fanfic was I completely changed the Sailor Power Guardians. In my fic the Sailor Power Guardians were the lead Satellite Senshi that guarded one of the Sol Senshi and are not the separate selves of their respective Senshi but the Guardians of their castles. I had for instance Phobos and Deimos aka Rei's Crows become Sailor Phobos and Sailor Deimos and to be Sailor Mars's Sailor Power Guardian. Plus in the manga it wasn't Guardian Mars that gave Sailor Mars her Sailor Crystal but rather Phobos and Deimos themselves. I will also be making Senshi for each of the castles of the respective Senshi so there will be a Sailor Mariner for Sailor Mercury, a Sailor Io for Sailor Jupiter, a Sailor Miranda for Sailor Uranus etc. I also had Sailor Astarte to be Sailor Moon's Sailor Power Guardian and the leader of the Sailor Power Guardians and the other Satellite Senshi.
Not bad. Yeah, the Power Guardians always confused me too. I almost wish they didn't exist and they all got their Sailor Crystals from different people. Well I guess it really only applies to Ami and Mako
 

MariaTenebre

Lumen Cinereum
Jul 22, 2009
5,021
369
165
#17
doctorwho29 said:
MariaTenebre said:
Seira Hazuki said:
I'm surprised that the Diana Fairy idea wasn't retooled as some kind of "Guardian Moon." It's strange to me that all of the Sol System senshi seem to have Sailor Power Guardians but not Moon or Chibi Moon?
Honestly I thought the Sailor Power Guardians made little to no sense. On one hand they referred to themselves as the Inner and Outer Senshi's other selves and yet for some reason they stayed in their Super forms while the Senshi advanced to Eternal, yet in other senses they are painted as the separate Guardians of their Senshi's Sailor Crystals and castles. Also what about Guardian Cosmos is she also a Sailor Power Guardian of the Cosmos Crystal and yet she looks nothing like Sailor Cosmos and doesn't seem to be Sailor Cosmos's other self. What I did in my fanfic was I completely changed the Sailor Power Guardians. In my fic the Sailor Power Guardians were the lead Satellite Senshi that guarded one of the Sol Senshi and are not the separate selves of their respective Senshi but the Guardians of their castles. I had for instance Phobos and Deimos aka Rei's Crows become Sailor Phobos and Sailor Deimos and to be Sailor Mars's Sailor Power Guardian. Plus in the manga it wasn't Guardian Mars that gave Sailor Mars her Sailor Crystal but rather Phobos and Deimos themselves. I will also be making Senshi for each of the castles of the respective Senshi so there will be a Sailor Mariner for Sailor Mercury, a Sailor Io for Sailor Jupiter, a Sailor Miranda for Sailor Uranus etc. I also had Sailor Astarte to be Sailor Moon's Sailor Power Guardian and the leader of the Sailor Power Guardians and the other Satellite Senshi.
Not bad. Yeah, the Power Guardians always confused me too. I almost wish they didn't exist and they all got their Sailor Crystals from different people. Well I guess it really only applies to Ami and Mako
Yeah really their respective Sailor Power Guardians only gave Sailor Mercury and Sailor Jupiter their Sailor Crystals. Sailor Mars received hers from Phobos and Deimos, Sailor Venus got hers from Artemis and Sailor Saturn gave all of the Outer Senshi their Sailor Crystals.
 

SILVER

Luna Crescens
Jan 7, 2014
1,135
220
165
Dark Kingdom
#18
MementoNepenthe said:
I agree that Cyborg Hotaru makes a lot more sense than Cyborg Ami, so I'm happy things panned out that way.
Agreed.

The only way I could think of implementing Cyborg Ami is that Mercury from Silver Millennium had structured the eternity main system, and that Mercury had made a lifelike to act in her stead while she was off on missions. She's responsible for the hologram of Queen Serenity, Luna and Artemis' pods and was actually the "Boss" that Artemis answered to in Sailor V.

Maybe there would be a story change where Mercury suffered and accident and Dr. Mizuno and Professor Tomoe joined forces to bring her back :P
 

Rika-Chicchi

Staff member
Site Admin
May 7, 2009
37,349
873
665
#19
MementoNepenthe said:
Loving all the love for delinquent/smoker Mako in this thread! I don't care one way the other about Mako being a smoker, but I would have enjoyed seeing her in a gang. That could have been a lot of fun!
I'd like her to have a huge, elaborate tattoo on her back too. :cool: :D
 

Purple Kitti

Lapis Lunaris
Jan 23, 2017
30
1
0
36
#20
SILVER said:
MementoNepenthe said:
I agree that Cyborg Hotaru makes a lot more sense than Cyborg Ami, so I'm happy things panned out that way.
Agreed.

The only way I could think of implementing Cyborg Ami is that Mercury from Silver Millennium had structured the eternity main system, and that Mercury had made a lifelike to act in her stead while she was off on missions. She's responsible for the hologram of Queen Serenity, Luna and Artemis' pods and was actually the "Boss" that Artemis answered to in Sailor V.

Maybe there would be a story change where Mercury suffered and accident and Dr. Mizuno and Professor Tomoe joined forces to bring her back :P
it is time for you to write that fanfic.

get to work.