1. Promise of Rose - So emotional, and great story. Plus, music is so addictive!
2. Ami's first Love - We can see much more personalities of Ami, plus it is so fun
3. Black Dream Hole - Cute characters, fun adventures, and also not so bad story, too!
4. Princess Kaguya's Lover - Terrible remake of original manga. Plus, Luna is never helpful at all
1. Nasa/Beauty & the Beast - I like the reality/magic cross-over and the triangle of unrequited love, I don't like the snow queen(s)/battles though (I agree the manga is still better than the movie)
2. Magical Mr. Mercurious - It keeps you guessing till the end and is hilarious
(tied for 1st place)
3. The Pied Piper of Okashi - Starts out great, the ending was a fizzer
4. Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Did Usagi actually visit Mamo in hospital, When she was just two? - One of the few movies where the more you watch it the less it makes sense and not in a fun way. Yes the asteroid part at the end has awesome effects and music (one of my favourite tracks actually) but even then... why? It feels like a choose your own adventure book where you are keep going down the wrong path and end up at the wrong ending.
I still enjoyed watching all the movies and it's interesting to see everyone's opinions.
Weird fact, I once had dreams I was trapped in a choose your own adventure story, I would keep ending up at the bad ending and waking up - then I would go to bed and have the same dream again, then again, and again. I had some pretty scary nightmares!
Sailor Moon R was my favourite film. I still love it now, but I realize it is basically because of Moon Revenge and like the designs better. S is actually my favourite when it comes to story. I have seen SuperS only a couple of times and not without breaks. I find it boring.
1. Hearts in Ice - As a SciFi Fan and Space Age Enthusiast, this seems inevitable. (Did the Moon Landing of Apollo 11 and Neil Armstrong happen in the Sailorverse?) Also, the Luna Romance was kinda sweet (Almost Diabetes-like).
2. Promise of the Rose - I know that it already had nicer and better Animation compared to the TV Episodes. But no matter how hard I try, I just can't get over this Guy-on-Guy Love between Mamoru and Fiore. Did anybody tell him how this 'Two Genders Thing' works for the Earthlings and that he could probably never have Offsprings with another man (No offense against LBTGQ Forum members meant, of course)? And don't have me started about that partially strange BGM...
3. Black Dream Hole - Seemingly aimed too much at very young children. And somehow it already leaks through here that they wouldn't even bother to do a another Movie for the Stars Season anymore.
Ami's First Love is NOT a Movie and thus runs outside of Competition here.