Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: #1 change you would like to see on our website
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:14 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 49 months ago
inactive
Quote:
Make it so that a mod can not own the site's server. Seems like a conflict of interest, if you ask me.

Ahahaha that's so cute. :D
How the hell is it a conflict of interest to administrate over a site hosted on a server you own, exactly?
If anything, it's a conflict of interest not to have a hand in something you have become legally liable for.
Also me and MarioKnight are admins, not mods :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:51 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Elly wrote:
Quote:
Make it so that a mod can not own the site's server. Seems like a conflict of interest, if you ask me.

How the hell is it a conflict of interest to administrate over a site hosted on a server you own, exactly?
If anything, it's a conflict of interest not to have a hand in something you have become legally liable for.

The laws do differentiate between the liabilities on the owners of hosting hardwares & those on the owners of the softwares/contents hosted on those hardwares, tho. :)

Quote:

As I've said here before, "mods" can be generally referring to all the staff moderating the forum, regardless of their exact classes, but "admins" can only be referring to the admins, of course. :wink:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:44 pm 
inactive
I don't get why mods or admins shouldn't be allowed to own the servers, software or anything. If you own the website, isn't it absolutely normal to decide how it is run? There are plenty of forums in the world, even more sailor moon forums. Can even make your own for free. No reason to stay here if the way its run upsets you deeply.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:28 pm 
inactive
Quote:
I don't get why mods or admins shouldn't be allowed to own the servers, software or anything. If you own the website, isn't it absolutely normal to decide how it is run? There are plenty of forums in the world, even more sailor moon forums. Can even make your own for free. No reason to stay here if the way its run upsets you deeply.

Preach it girl!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:30 pm 
inactive
Elly wrote:
Quote:

Preach it girl!

I'm a dude, but honest mistake on a sailor moon forum I suppose.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:55 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 35 months ago
inactive
Elly wrote:
Quote:

You need me to spell this out for you? Are you so full of yourself that you fail to see that the reason why it's a bad idea is simply because it gives you far too much power over the board? What's to stop you from banning people simply because you don't like them (all the while allowing f--ktards like MS-14 stay despite their gross abuse of the rules)? Oh wait, you've done that before. SEVERAL TIMES.

I wouldn't have an issue if the SMF was something that you, physically, created. That you, physically, created the code for. That you, from day 1, started. But from what I can tell, you joined in 2005 - Which means that you weren't around when the forum began in 2003.

But the main issue with you being in charge is that you run this board like a dictatorship. Want an example? Let's take the recent 10th Anniversary logo contest. What should have been done was to allow a set time for submissions, and then allow the members to vote on which logo they liked best. Makes complete sense to me, because, after all, they're the ones that have to look at the logo whenever they post on the site, and you can't have a forum without members. But, no, somehow, I logged in one day and there was the change.

Perhaps some people can be effective administrators and own the servers used to maintain the forum. Perhaps these individuals are fair, impartial and have a healthy sense of humor. But sadly, you, Elly, are not one of these people.

Please don't whine about your obligations regarding owning the servers. If you don't want the liability, I'd be more than happy to put my money where my mouth is and pay to maintain the SMF instead.

Quote:

..Because in fifty years, this will matter how?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:17 am 
inactive
Quote:
You need me to spell this out for you? Are you so full of yourself that you fail to see that the reason why it's a bad idea is simply because it gives you far too much power over the board? What's to stop you from banning people simply because you don't like them (all the while allowing f--ktards like MS-14 stay despite their gross abuse of the rules)? Oh wait, you've done that before. SEVERAL TIMES.

You're right, very little stops me from banning you if I don't like you. You're on private property (albeit virtually). You aren't owed an indefinite right to be allowed on someone's else property. Are you so socially inept that you seriously don't understand how continually pissing off the owners of this site can very reasonably result in you getting your ☹ booted off of it?

Snarkiness aside, the admin/mod team does actually have discussions prior to someone being banned so even though you may think I'm making decisions all by myself, at the end of the day usually the entire admin team is in agreement when a ban is passed down. I'm just usually the only admin who cares to make the public announcement or actually go through the motions of banning someone in the admin panel, because the truth is none of the people running this site really give much of a ☹ anymore.
This subject has been brought up and explained ad nauseum. I'm pretty tired of explaining it. If you care enough to ask the question or make accusations and assumptions about what's going on, at least take the effort to read the explanation you are given. If you don't like that I have "too much power", too bad. Join another forum if it bothers you so much. No one is forcing you to stay here, despite your claims of this being an absolute dictatorship. You are allowed to leave at any time and make a competing site if you think you'd be better at it. Good luck to you.

Quote:
Let's take the recent 10th Anniversary logo contest. What should have been done was to allow a set time for submissions, and then allow the members to vote on which logo they liked best. Makes complete sense to me, because, after all, they're the ones that have to look at the logo whenever they post on the site, and you can't have a forum without members. But, no, somehow, I logged in one day and there was the change.

I agree that the logo design should have been subject to popular vote.
However, as it was Maraviollantes's idea, Maraviollantes's contest, and as Maraviollantes is supplying the prizes - nobody on the admin team told him how to run his contest. And that's fine. I'm not about to get in anybody's face and tell them how they should be running their contests or how they ought to pick a winner or distribute prizes. THAT is an abuse of my power as an owner of the server this site is hosted on.
But anyway considering you believe that founders should hold absolute power, who are you to complain about Mara's judgment?
Perhaps we should all follow Jay's example as the ultimate founder, bawwquit, and let this forum rot along with his other projects.
Genvid 2.0, anyone?
Anyway, I'm not a big fan of the winning logo, just FYI.

Quote:
Please don't whine about your obligations regarding owning the servers. If you don't want the liability, I'd be more than happy to put my money where my mouth is and pay to maintain the SMF instead.

I'm not whining about an obligation, I am explaining to you my motivation for being involved in administrating over a site that has gotten more complaints to the hosting company it is on than any of the fansub / fansites we give server space to. This place is only online because MarioKnight has absolute administration rights at our host company - if not for his direct intervention at least six times over the last year, this place would have had to move hosts half a dozen times because of the threats, complaints, strain on bandwidth usage that goes above and beyond what is allowed even on generous VPS or privately owned servers, and endless wank.
If you think the drama that happens here publicly is bad, you would have an aneurysm if you knew the amount of BS that goes on behind the scenes from disaffected wankers - people who were banned YEARS ago and who have nothing to do with me or MarioKnight.
Besides, there is no way you could handle the server costs this site alone generates. You don't even know what the costs are so it's pretty foolish of you to offer taking over the financial burden in my opinion, lol.

Quote:

Despite your claim that I have no lack of humor, it appears that you must be talking about yourself, because I am clearly making fun of your confusion over my rank. At least I can understand when someone makes a joke at my expense, ☹. Do you have aspergers or something? I can't think of any other explanation for how someone can be so clueless when it comes to understanding social cues.

Man, one of these days I swear I'm going to just go on a ban spree and actually do what everybody accuses me of. Sounds like a lot of fun, actually. Then I wouldn't have to respond to retarded posters such as the one above me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:57 am 
My name does not mean what you think it means
My name does not mean what you think it means
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Elly wrote:
At least I can understand when someone makes a joke at my expense, ☹. Do you have aspergers or something? I can't think of any other explanation for how someone can be so clueless when it comes to understanding social cues.

Man, one of these days I swear I'm going to just go on a ban spree and actually do what everybody accuses me of. Sounds like a lot of fun, actually. Then I wouldn't have to respond to retarded posters such as the one above me.

I don't think she does, but I do. For someone who bawws about people being big bad meanies to those with disabilities, you sure don't seem to mind making horribly stereotypical assumptions about them yourself.
Someone disagree with you? Oh, they must have Asperger's. /sarcasm/ Uhm, no... if a lot of people disagree with you, then YOU are probably the one with the problem.

You've already gone on a ban spree, remember? Nevermind, Maria, Gojira, Roman... and if you go on another one, I can almost guarantee you will have effectively and completely killed off this forum. There are a lot of folk who won't support a place with a mod, oh excuse me, ADMIN, who seems to be determined to drive it into the ground for the sake of ego.

For the love of God, take some of the advice directed at you and the forum seriously instead of being condescending to those who give it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:19 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Cutiebunny wrote:
Let's take the recent 10th Anniversary logo contest. What should have been done was to allow a set time for submissions, and then allow the members to vote on which logo they liked best. Makes complete sense to me, because, after all, they're the ones that have to look at the logo whenever they post on the site, and you can't have a forum without members. But, no, somehow, I logged in one day and there was the change.

A logo is just a logo. No need to become angry over it. ^_^' I will set voting for the fanart contest.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:42 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Persona User
I wish Guests wouldn't be able to post pictures. I just saw a woman sucking a horse's... You know what. Thanks to a guest. At least I think it was a horse. :grey: :( :evil:

I am most certainly in the mood.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:39 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Elly wrote:
Snarkiness aside, the admin/mod team does actually have discussions prior to someone being banned so even though you may think I'm making decisions all by myself, at the end of the day usually the entire admin team is in agreement when a ban is passed down. I'm just usually the only admin who cares to make the public announcement or actually go through the motions of banning someone in the admin panel, because the truth is none of the people running this site really give much of a ☹ anymore.

Like what I've told (& kinda warned) an unruly forum member in private in the past, I don't revert other admins' actions even if I wouldn't take those actions myself - unless it's obviously gross or is just an obvious innocent careless mistake, of course (if it's the former case, the admin in question will be considered as a rogue one & hence can be stripped of his/her admin status by the owner of this site after consulting w/ the other admins).

Maraviollantes wrote:
Cutiebunny wrote:

A logo is just a logo. No need to become angry over it. ^_^' I will set voting for the fanart contest.

That's good. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:05 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 35 months ago
inactive
Elly wrote:
You're right, very little stops me from banning you if I don't like you. You're on private property (albeit virtually). You aren't owed an indefinite right to be allowed on someone's else property. Are you so socially inept that you seriously don't understand how continually pissing off the owners of this site can very reasonably result in you getting your ☹ booted off of it?

Oh, I wasn't aware that standing up to an admin's BS was against the board rules...must have missed that rule.

If you want to ban me, ban me, Elly. But you'll only prove my point. Because despite your claims with other members, I do make some decent posts on this forum.

Quote:

If other mods stand up to you, do you get to ban them too? Can't fathom a guess as to why they don't want to participate much anymore.

Quote:
This subject has been brought up and explained ad nauseum. I'm pretty tired of explaining it. If you care enough to ask the question or make accusations and assumptions about what's going on, at least take the effort to read the explanation you are given. If you don't like that I have "too much power", too bad. Join another forum if it bothers you so much. No one is forcing you to stay here, despite your claims of this being an absolute dictatorship. You are allowed to leave at any time and make a competing site if you think you'd be better at it. Good luck to you.

As Fokkasu mentioned, a wise person would have reflected on the words that I, and several others, have mentioned to you about your personality. But instead, you choose the standard "If you don't like it, leave!" response. Wow.

Quote:
However, as it was Maraviollantes's idea, Maraviollantes's contest, and as Maraviollantes is supplying the prizes - nobody on the admin team told him how to run his contest. And that's fine. I'm not about to get in anybody's face and tell them how they should be running their contests or how they ought to pick a winner or distribute prizes. THAT is an abuse of my power as an owner of the server this site is hosted on.

At the end of the day, this is, according to you, your private property. That makes you solely responsible for its content, and therefore, responsible for the contest.

Oh, so any member can have a contest now? Good. I'll make one too. The prize will be a basket of cookies.

Quote:
But anyway considering you believe that founders should hold absolute power, who are you to complain about Mara's judgment?

My issue with the contest was not that Mara decided to hold a contest, but that the results of the contest affected everyone on the board. Everyone has to see the logo at the top of the board when they log into the site. What I asked is that, the next time something like this is going to affect everyone, that SMF members be allowed to vote on the change. That's all.

Wow, really..."Who am I to complain about Mara's judgment?" If that isn't the height of arrogance, I don't know what else is.

Quote:
I'm not whining about an obligation, I am explaining to you my motivation for being involved in administrating over a site that has gotten more complaints to the hosting company it is on than any of the fansub / fansites we give server space to. This place is only online because MarioKnight has absolute administration rights at our host company - if not for his direct intervention at least six times over the last year, this place would have had to move hosts half a dozen times because of the threats, complaints, strain on bandwidth usage that goes above and beyond what is allowed even on generous VPS or privately owned servers, and endless wank.
If you think the drama that happens here publicly is bad, you would have an aneurysm if you knew the amount of BS that goes on behind the scenes from disaffected wankers - people who were banned YEARS ago and who have nothing to do with me or MarioKnight.
Besides, there is no way you could handle the server costs this site alone generates. You don't even know what the costs are so it's pretty foolish of you to offer taking over the financial burden in my opinion, lol.

Conversely, you have no idea as to how much I earn a year. But I'll leave you with this tidbit. I spend a couple grand on shikishi every year. I can afford your server costs.

And thank you, MarioKnight, for your efforts.

Quote:

Despite your claim that I have no lack of humor, it appears that you must be talking about yourself, because I am clearly making fun of your confusion over my rank. At least I can understand when someone makes a joke at my expense, ☹. Do you have aspergers or something? I can't think of any other explanation for how someone can be so clueless when it comes to understanding social cues.[/quote]

Stay classy, Elly.

But one piece of advice - If you're going to insult someone, you might want to make sure you spell the condition correctly.

Also, I, like several others, are amused that you take issue when members pick on others for medical conditions, but you're not above flinging those same insults towards other members. Just for the record, I don't make fun of medical conditions that people didn't choose to have. I don't pick on people for having medical issues that they can't control. That's not funny.

Quote:

You already did last year. Roman, Gojira, Nevermind...and the board's been dead ever since.

Fokkusu wrote:

For the love of God, take some of the advice directed at you and the forum seriously instead of being condescending to those who give it.

Truer words have ne'er been spoken. Or, as you mentioned in this thread earlier, Elly, "Preach it!"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:13 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Cutiebunny wrote:
Oh, so any member can have a contest now? Good. I'll make one too. The prize will be a basket of cookies.

Actually, you are welcome to make one if you have some good ideas. In the past several members made contests like that.

No need for hard feelings, guys. It's not like admins here have malicious intent and want to annoy members or something. ^_^'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:02 pm 
inactive
Fokkusu didn't you bawwquit like three times now? Or are you just coming back here because you can't pass up an opportunity to whine at me?

Cutiebunny, I am sorry if you misunderstood why I'm asking you if you are Aspergers. I am questioning if you have the condition not because I think it's a weapon to mock you with, but because I honestly believe you have it. Obviously, if you have a mental condition, I'm going to be a lot less harsh with you. But at the same time your aggressive behavior and hyperfocusing on me and getting overly imaginative about my role on this forum is annoying as ☹. Even if you do have Aspergers it isn't an excuse to be a complete tool all the time, but it would certainly explain your behavior.
I feel bad for you if you honestly think this board is "dead" because ROH clique is gone. There's certainly a lot less wank, less spam in the off topic section, and many fewer users actively complaining about being harassed by members of the ROH, but that's really the only change. ROH has long since created its own forum where they can behave as they see fit. Problem solved.
Here is yet another case of you not agreeing with the admin's decisions, and complaining about it endlessly even though it happened almost a year ago. Let it go.

Quote:
If other mods stand up to you, do you get to ban them too? Can't fathom a guess as to why they don't want to participate much anymore.

Actually the admin team is made up of individuals who don't always agree with each other 100% on everything, but we normally work it out through democratic vote. For example, I've been arguing since I became an admin that guest posting should be disabled. The other admins do not agree, and so the feature remains. I certainly do not have absolute power here. Everyone on the admin team is treated as equals, regardless of how long they have been a member of the board. Most of us don't get hyper focused on this place anymore because jobs, family, etc. hold more of our attention. Others like Jay have left largely due to job obligations but also because of a lack of interest in the series.
But you know, it's an effort for any of us to actively care about this place when there are users like you: entitled, whining, children who throw a tantrum every time an admin does something you don't like.
The bans that have been made are something you don't like, and so you continually complain about it, falsely believing that the bans were all basically my whim and everybody on the admin team just fell in line and lets me do whatever I want. I'm a little shocked that the other admins aren't offended at your insinuation that they are all my slaves, but it's probably because none of them take you seriously to begin with.

You don't like how Mara's contest is run, so you whine and ☹ about it. You complain about inactivity, but when any admin tries to take any action to drive participation or improve this forum, you complain about that as well. You want this place to revert back to the way it was a year or more ago, and that isn't going to happen. If you can't come to terms with that, why you still wasting your time here?

Quote:
As Fokkasu mentioned, a wise person would have reflected on the words that I, and several others, have mentioned to you about your personality. But instead, you choose the standard "If you don't like it, leave!" response. Wow.

I'm not obligated to comply with how you and Fokkusu believe I "ought" to behave. If the two of you find my personality so offensive that you do not want to participate on this forum any longer, then leave. I'm not here to win your affection or change your minds.
The problem with your line of reasoning is that I'm supposed to conform to everyone's idea of how I "should" act. Guess what - that's impossible. Everybody has a different standard for how they feel others should react and you can not please 100% of people 100% of the time. I am true to myself, and people can take it or leave it. I'm not here to force anybody to accept me, so if you don't like me and can't shut up about it on this forum, then go. You're doing yourself and everyone else here a favor. No one wants to read this continual ☹, believe me.

Quote:
I spend a couple grand on shikishi every year. I can afford your server costs.

That really wouldn't be sufficient, to be honest. As I mentioned, money alone isn't enough to run this place, even though it's an important factor (it isn't cheap, by any means). Unless you are a systems administrator at a hosting company where you can get unlimited bandwidth for your private server, and have a legal team at your disposal to continually fight the wank that comes this way, it would be very difficult for you to host this site. Regardless of how you feel about me, MarioKnight does an excellent job of keeping this place online despite the constant DDoS attacks and other wank people throw his way. It takes a lot of technical coordination that a company will not give you even if you buy its most expensive hosting option. Without the combination of MarioKnight's position and skill, my financial backing and connections, this place would have long since been offline. You may not like me, but it was my idea to build the server that ultimately rescued SMF from a barrage of attacks. The only reason you even have the opportunity to complain at me about this forum is because I stepped in and created an environment where this place is basically bullet-proof.

---

Now, bickering aside, does anybody have any constructive feedback about how to improve the FORUM?
This thread isn't intended for people to air their personal grievances with me or the administration team.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:29 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Cutiebunny wrote:
Quote:

At the end of the day, this is, according to you, your private property. That makes you solely responsible for its content, and therefore, responsible for the contest.

I think I've already clarified the ownership issue above? ^_^'

Quote:
Quote:

My issue with the contest was not that Mara decided to hold a contest, but that the results of the contest affected everyone on the board. Everyone has to see the logo at the top of the board when they log into the site. What I asked is that, the next time something like this is going to affect everyone, that SMF members be allowed to vote on the change. That's all.

Wow, really..."Who am I to complain about Mara's judgment?" If that isn't the height of arrogance, I don't know what else is.

In fact, Mara has made several mistakes here in the past (perhaps including this no-voting one in the logo contest lol ), but I believe they're either innocent omittance or honest, well-meaning ones for the well-being of the site, & don't involve any conspiring, malicious intentions. :)

I'm locking this thread for a while to cool it down.

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:46 pm 
inactive
Bump for topic unlock

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:44 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Elly wrote:
Bump for topic unlock

I've always thought you're hot - in the sense of flammability. :P

(I unlocked this thread w/o making a sound, but now it's like having switched on this thing: :siren: - now let's hope I won't need to lock it again. P-: )

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:28 am 
inactive
I am both flaming and sexy, it's true! :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:45 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
Other: My Discord ID: #0544
Elly wrote:

Reminds me of Phoenix, Marvel's Jean Grey that is and Celestia's pet Philomena

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:07 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Elly wrote:

I've seen your pic in the past, & my comment in my last post above doesn't nor is meant to rule out that you're hot in that other respect, too. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:43 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
Cutiebunny wrote:
Can't fathom a guess as to why they don't want to participate much anymore.

To contradict this attempt to assign nonexistent motives to me, I'll note that I stopped participating as much because Real Life happened and some things had to fall by the wayside. The people I was here to talk to left a long time ago, and whenever I logged on I saw endless bickering and complaining rather than friendship and camaraderie, so rather than use my small amounts of free time in a forum that doesn't interest me anymore, I went places where I do enjoy myself.

To actually post something relating to the original topic, I would like to see the forum like it was back in 2004-2005, when it was all about PGSM and things we enjoyed about fandom. Perhaps it might turn back that direction once the new anime starts to air.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:32 am 
inactive
Quote:
Perhaps it might turn back that direction once the new anime starts to air.

I really hope this happens. It seems that when fans don't have new material to obsess over, they turn instead to obsessing and stalking each other instead. >___<

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:38 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 40 months ago
inactive
Ahhh... I hope I don't sound too whiney when I say this. I understand that it has something to do with "freedom of speech." But this is one of the things that really DO bother me here.

Is it possible to ban the use of the word "☹?" I feel that the word is one of the most misogynistic words out there, and sometimes I see people using it in this forum, and its always on making a really stupid comment. I feel that people are mature enough to describe what they're saying, without having to toss that word in as a joke, or as an adjective. I really hate the word "☹" as well, but I'm happy that not too many people have used that on this forum. I feel that those two words could really change the atmosphere of a forum. And every time I see someone using it, it just really bothers me. =\

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:31 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
Cutiebunny wrote:
Can't fathom a guess as to why they don't want to participate much anymore.

To contradict this attempt to assign nonexistent motives to me, I'll note that I stopped participating as much because Real Life happened and some things had to fall by the wayside. The people I was here to talk to left a long time ago, and whenever I logged on I saw endless bickering and complaining rather than friendship and camaraderie, so rather than use my small amounts of free time in a forum that doesn't interest me anymore, I went places where I do enjoy myself.

To actually post something relating to the original topic, I would like to see the forum like it was back in 2004-2005, when it was all about PGSM and things we enjoyed about fandom. Perhaps it might turn back that direction once the new anime starts to air.

Glad that you still occasionally visit & post here anyway. :)

Chibi_Seiya wrote:
Ahhh... I hope I don't sound too whiney when I say this. I understand that it has something to do with "freedom of speech." But this is one of the things that really DO bother me here.

Is it possible to ban the use of the word "☹?" I feel that the word is one of the most misogynistic words out there, and sometimes I see people using it in this forum, and its always on making a really stupid comment. I feel that people are mature enough to describe what they're saying, without having to toss that word in as a joke, or as an adjective. I really hate the word "☹" as well, but I'm happy that not too many people have used that on this forum. I feel that those two words could really change the atmosphere of a forum. And every time I see someone using it, it just really bothers me. =\

Haven't seen that word appearing here nowadays, but I'll replace it & that other four-letter word w/ "****" should I come across them, like I do w/ "☹." :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:18 pm 
inactive
Thanks RC! =D I appreciate that so much!

I remembered seeing that word being used here, fairly recently in a Uranus/Neptune post. The poster was saying how anime Michiru was a sl-- because she talked about having a few boyfriends before. I remembered feeling like I must've lost a few brain cells reading that. Seriously unnecessary.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:24 pm 
inactive
Agreed. We try to keep the curse filters maintained for every curse word we can think of but we do always make misses, tho I am surprised about those two being missing especially. Thanks for the recommendation :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:27 pm 
inactive
=) Thanks Elly!! I really do appreciate the hard work you guys putting into keeping a positive atmosphere here!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:12 pm 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
... such as killing the auto-filter? Where are my sailor cookies? :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:13 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Elly wrote:
Agreed. We try to keep the curse filters maintained for every curse word we can think of but we do always make misses, tho I am surprised about those two being missing especially. Thanks for the recommendation :D

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19623

All word filters, including those for curse words, were discarded last year, because overwhelming majority of members were against them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:00 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Chibi_Seiya wrote:
I remembered seeing that word being used here, fairly recently in a Uranus/Neptune post. The poster was saying how anime Michiru was a sl-- because she talked about having a few boyfriends before. I remembered feeling like I must've lost a few brain cells reading that. Seriously unnecessary.

I must've missed that post or haven't read the thread - could you link me to the post, so that I can "*" that word? :)

[EDIT]
Never mind - I've found that post, in which the words in question are actually in its quote of a pretty old post & in that old post's quote of a still older post, but not in the poster's comment itself:

viewtopic.php?p=637080#p637080

I haven't dug out those two old posts to "*" those words in them, tho. ^_^'

My J-pop thread

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next