Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: #1 change you would like to see on our website
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:24 am 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Trami0501, notorious spammer, walking failure at forming coherent sentences, biggest waste of biomass since the dinosaurs, and an anomaly who repeatedly breaks the forum policy, and gets away with it. Spams about it's fandom about a blue furry cretin who runs fast, and a pink ball of heretical omnomnom that deserves nothing more than a reorganization of her inside via chainsword.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:34 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
boromonokli wrote:
Trami0501, notorious spammer, walking failure at forming coherent sentences, biggest waste of biomass since the dinosaurs, and an anomaly who repeatedly breaks the forum policy, and gets away with it. Spams about it's fandom about a blue furry cretin who runs fast, and a pink ball of heretical omnomnom that deserves nothing more than a reorganization of her inside via chainsword.

Hilarious, just hilarious! XD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:23 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
boromonokli wrote:

"Trami" sounds like a combo of "troll" & "spam." :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:33 am 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Please don't cauldron moontruth's thread. It's way too much fun. I'm about to break out the Josif Stalin quotes :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:25 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
boromonokli wrote:
Please don't cauldron moontruth's thread. It's way too much fun. I'm about to break out the Josif Stalin quotes :D

I've no plan to do so at present, but that doesn't prevent it from being done so by the others if they see fit, of course. lol

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:06 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 53 months ago
inactive
Quote:
Trami's spam stopped once, and for all.

There's this awesome button at the bottom of every post called "report".
It notifies the mod team to posts that violate our rules.
We don't have the time to police every single post everyone makes here, so using this function helps us do our job better.
If you're not reporting, and we don't see the threads, then the rule-breaking goes unpunished. It's an imperfect world.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:28 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Elly wrote:
Quote:
Trami's spam stopped once, and for all.

There's this awesome button at the bottom of every post called "report".
It notifies the mod team to posts that violate our rules.
We don't have the time to police every single post everyone makes here, so using this function helps us do our job better.
If you're not reporting, and we don't see the threads, then the rule-breaking goes unpunished. It's an imperfect world.

Or if you (boromonokli) or anyone, for whatever reasons, don't wanna do that, you may also simply foe her, hence making her bot-like posts invisible to you. :wink:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:03 pm 
☽ Crescent Moonie
I usually report them, and when I don't, I'm away from the forum.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:35 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
boromonokli wrote:
I usually report them, and when I don't, I'm away from the forum.

Fine, then. :)

My J-pop thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:08 pm 
Luna
Luna
I wish that editing of one's posts would be enabled again. This is the only forum I've ever been to that has enforced such a policy. I often want to edit my posts after the allowed period (I think it's only two weeks?), for either spelling mistakes, to add or rephrase something. Contacting a mod for each post you want to edit is too much hassle. I don't get why everyone was deprived of this function just because of a single isolated incident in the past.

I really hope the admins will reconsider and give us back the ability to edit our own posts without any time constraints.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:51 pm 
inactive
Sotiris, I agree. We have more problems with guest accounts and that function hasn't been taken away, yet just two incidents with editing vandalism has resulted in the activity being completely halted. Doesn't make much sense to me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:18 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Elly wrote:
Sotiris, I agree. We have more problems with guest accounts and that function hasn't been taken away, yet just two incidents with editing vandalism has resulted in the activity being completely halted. Doesn't make much sense to me.

maybe we could get rid of guest. :ninja:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:46 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
Sotiris wrote:
I wish that editing of one's posts would be enabled again. This is the only forum I've ever been to that has enforced such a policy. I often want to edit my posts after the allowed period (I think it's only two weeks?), for either spelling mistakes, to add or rephrase something. Contacting a mod for each post you want to edit is too much hassle. I don't get why everyone was deprived of this function just because of a single isolated incident in the past.

I really hope the admins will reconsider and give us back the ability to edit our own posts without any time constraints.

I'd like that too but I'd be satisfied with a simply a longer allowed editing period, at least longer than two weeks
the edit is important to me because I sometimes I come here post a quick comment and later edit it when I have more time to say what I wanna say with better spelling and detail [these days I'm only here for a few minutes a day at most] unfortunately the limit runs out by the time I return.
If I recall correctly the edit was changed because of a certain former member erasing all of the words on his/her posts or something like that claiming that he/she quit the forum and doesn't what anything including posts he/she made to be seen here nor for it to be found using google search, I think that's the reason but it's been a while so I'm not 100% sure

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:37 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 52 months ago
inactive
Sotiris wrote:

This! I know I'd love this for when I finish my project and am releasing a new episode each week. I also imagine anyone with long term threads or announcements / updates would find it useful simply for keeping all the relevant information in the first post so people who click can see exactly where its at. I know a few of us here have either dubs, fan series, fan games, or comics. Very useful tool.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:12 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 8 months ago
inactive
Other: My Discord ID: #0544
Sailor Swifty wrote:
Elly wrote:

maybe we could get rid of guest. :ninja:

Quoting just because I agree with this. I haven't seen any forums I go allow guests to post but any randoms from the internet can just come in as guest and ruin things up just for their fun.

We could have a poll or something if some want the guests to continue posting but I'd like the two weeks editing to changed to regular. I'm a bit of grammar neat freak if I do say so myself ^_^'

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:46 am 
A filter to catch the sockpuppets of the banned users (particularly MS-14S, who as of the moment is back)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:35 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 16 months ago
inactive
I need to take a break from this website, my stress level is already bad and its getting even higher.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:26 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=21483&start=90

This whole page is why you need to do SOMETHING with guests.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:44 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Elly wrote:

Actually, by abusing post editing feature sailordees alone wasted more of my time than all guest trolls during a whole year. Because I had to manually restore some three hundred posts (each of them had to be found manually in the old database backup, copied, pasted into a corresponding blanked post, saved). So management-wise it makes a lot of sense to limit post editing. Unlike it's the case with guest posts, which can be just deleted without leaving any damage to the forum, there is no easy way to fix stuff once somebody decides to "slam the door" and delete all their posts - especially if it will be a member with thousands of posts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:14 pm 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Besides, editing restrictions promote responsible writing, spell-checking, (There is a reason one of the after-post images is an angry Luna telling you to do that) and being thorough.

So, in addition to what Mara wrote, I vote for keeping editing restrictions.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:16 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
What the site needs are more mods especially when the new anime comes out if it ever becomes a hit. More members mean more trolls.

I don't think Rika can do it all himself especially now his forced to censor the words ☹ and ☹.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:29 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
boromonokli wrote:
Besides, editing restrictions promote responsible writing, spell-checking,

That's actually a very good point. :) As I've said here in the past, don't post anything that you'd regret to have posted in the future (making errors & mistakes in the post contents doesn't belong to such kind of posts, of course, as it can always be corrected w/ another post later).

rgveda99 wrote:
What the site needs are more mods especially when the new anime comes out if it ever becomes a hit. More members mean more trolls.

I don't think Rika can do it all himself especially now his forced to censor the words ☹ and ☹.

I don't think those two words appear here often, if at all, these days. lol But yeah, we might need to re-introduce global/sectional moderators in due course, depending on the actual situations at hand - in fact, we've considered that in the past, but haven't followed it up since there's been no urgent need for that. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:18 pm 
inactive
Quote:
Actually, by abusing post editing feature sailordees alone wasted more of my time than all guest trolls during a whole year. Because I had to manually restore some three hundred posts (each of them had to be found manually in the old database backup, copied, pasted into a corresponding blanked post, saved). So management-wise it makes a lot of sense to limit post editing. Unlike it's the case with guest posts, which can be just deleted without leaving any damage to the forum, there is no easy way to fix stuff once somebody decides to "slam the door" and delete all their posts - especially if it will be a member with thousands of posts.

Can I suggest a compromise, then?

I think the Azabu Juuban board should allow unlimited editing, so that sellers don't have to contact a mod every time they sell an item or want to list something new in a sales post.

Even if someone were to go into that board and delete everything they ever posted in there, it would be of no harm to this forum whatsoever.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:21 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Elly wrote:

I think the Azabu Juuban board should allow unlimited editing, so that sellers don't have to contact a mod every time they sell an item or want to list something new in a sales post.

Even if someone were to go into that board and delete everything they ever posted in there, it would be of no harm to this forum whatsoever.

That would work quite fine, but there is only one post editing time setting for the entire forum. It can't be changed for separate subforums.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:56 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Maraviollantes wrote:
Elly wrote:

That would work quite fine, but there is only one post editing time setting for the entire forum. It can't be changed for separate subforums.

Actually I've also suggested in the past to retain word filters in the Genvid Lounge, but apparently that can't be done for the same reason. :)

My J-pop thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:44 pm 
Luna
Luna
Can't we at least extend the time period allowed for editing posts from two weeks to, let's say, two months?

Also, there is a need for a spoiler tag on this board. Preferably one that can hide images as well as text. It's an important feature and I'm surprised that there isn't one yet.

Something very minor that is bugging me and would like to be fixed is the capitalization of the words male and female in the gender category on members' profiles. It should be "Gender: Male" and "Gender: Female instead of "Gender: male and "Gender: female".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:06 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Sotiris wrote:
Something very minor that is bugging me and would like to be fixed is the capitalization of the words male and female in the gender category on members' profiles. It should be "Gender: Male" and "Gender: Female instead of "Gender: male and "Gender: female".

You seem to be a grammatically anal guy. XD

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:49 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 41 months ago
inactive
NJ_ wrote:
boromonokli wrote:

Hilarious, just hilarious! XD

wtf Ultimate Warrior

-Char Aznable

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:53 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 48 months ago
inactive
I'd like to see a sub forum devoted to astrology so that all of those dumb threads have a place to go instead of just fouling up the rest of the board. They're all discussing the very same thing.

"<insert character here> should be more like <insert sign here>."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:10 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
MrShoujo wrote:
sailorgalixia010101 wrote:
the subject say's It all.

"says"

A grammar check when people use an apostrophe that isn't needed.

Thank you for this

Cutiebunny wrote:
Make it so that a mod can not own the site's server. Seems like a conflict of interest, if you ask me.

:P The girl's right.

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.. Dear.
Interesting gossip.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next