Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 947 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:25 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
litacan wrote:
^^^but it'd be still good to give it to someone who wants that :D

A prize is supposed to be awarded for something you personally done - either it's a crazy post count or a piece of fanart. Giving it to random people without any reason would make the whole concept of custom ranks as prizes pointless, IMO. So either one earns it through their own effort, or is not getting it.

In short,

:yoshi: :siren: ELITISM FTW!!! :siren: :yoshi:

At least that's not hereditary or by birth, but based on some efforts. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:25 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
If possible can we please have a report button for private messages?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:34 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neo Queen Serenity wrote:

By using "Private messages > PM blacklist" every member has full control over who is allowed to send them PMs, so there is nothing for admins to moderate. No admin can or should read anybody's private messages - they are called private for a reason.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:14 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:
In short,

What about by association??? :siren:

Maraviollantes wrote:

By using "Private messages > PM blacklist" every member has full control over who is allowed to send them PMs, so there is nothing for admins to moderate. No admin can or should read anybody's private messages - they are called private for a reason.

Just curious if there's an international court order from Hague or anywhere around the world, will you guys submit it as evidence. :question: :siren: :question:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:52 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
Just curious if there's an international court order from Hague or anywhere around the world, will you guys submit it as evidence.

A court order would be sent not to admins, but to our hosting provider, who would suspend the forum and/or hand over all required data.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:59 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Maraviollantes wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:
Just curious if there's an international court order from Hague or anywhere around the world, will you guys submit it as evidence.

A court order would be sent not to admins, but to our hosting provider, who would suspend the forum and/or hand over all required data.

:eek:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:32 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
rgveda99 wrote:
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:
In short,

What about by association??? :siren:

You meant, by having some "special relations" w/ the forum staff? :P

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:37 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:

That's possible. ^_^ :samus: ^_^

But what I meant was "having friends in high places." :D :creeper: :whee: :toast:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:17 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
rgveda99 wrote:
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:

That's possible. ^_^ :samus: ^_^

But what I meant was "having friends in high places." :D :creeper: :whee: :toast:

There's a Chinese term for that, "guanxi," which means "connections"/"relationships" & can even be found in English dictionaries these days. :P While I'm Chinese, I don't give preferential treatment to any forum members here, whether I have good relations w/ them or not. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:22 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:
There's a Chinese term for that, "guanxi," which means "connections"/"relationships" & can even be found in English dictionaries these days. :P While I'm Chinese, I don't give preferential treatment to any forum members here, whether I have good relations w/ them or not. :)

Well you were unofficially voted as the nicest forum member. ^_^ =^_^= :keke: =^_^= :samus:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:54 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
rgveda99 wrote:
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:

Well you were unofficially voted as the nicest forum member. ^_^ =^_^= :keke: =^_^= :samus:

Maybe I should customize my rank title to "Mr Nice" - quotes included. P-:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:52 am 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: In a relationship
Is there a way to make topics completely private besides posting them in certain areas and sending out PMs?

What I mean is say if we wanted to share personal YouTube videos without having to send everyone a PM but also allows for a bit more privacy? Or if we wanted to sell something but didn't want to post it in the public view?

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi

Last edited by TheWinterSoldier91 on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:49 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
TheWinterSoldier91 wrote:
Is there a way to make topics completely private besides posting them in certain areas?

Private message.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:49 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
TheWinterSoldier91 wrote:
Is there a way to make topics completely private besides posting them in certain areas and sending out PMs?

What I mean is say if we wanted to share personal YouTube videos without having to send everyone a PM but also allows for a bit more privacy? Or if we wanted to sell something but didn't want to post it in the public view?

You can always simultaneously send a PM to multiple forum members, instead of sending it to them one-by-one. :wink:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:02 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Suggestion: can the mods/admin team please consider a rule that prevents people from reviving threads that are very old without posting something substantial?

This obviously won't apply to things like people's personal threads in the off-topic section, review threads, or news threads that might go for a long time without a news update -- hence the "substantial" part.

Most forums have policies against "necro" bumps that don't contribute to the discussion at hand.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:18 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
John wrote:
Suggestion: can the mods/admin team please consider a rule that prevents people from reviving threads that are very old without posting something substantial?

That can always be considered/added, depending on whether such behavior/abuse is so rampant/persistent as to require it. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:31 pm 
Luna
Luna
The only reason I brought it up as a suggestion is because I'm not sure how to handle this when I see it.

If someone necro-bumps a very old topics (like over a year without anyone posting) and doesn't add to the conversation substantially, and I feel the user shouldn't do this...should I:

1) Report the post? But this doesn't make sense if it's not a rule.

2) Address it in the thread itself? But I'm not a mod and I don't want to come across as someone pretending to be a mod.

I would assume reporting the post is the best thing to do, but if it's not a rule, I'm not sure if it would be dealt with. That said, I'm not sure how it all works in the first place. ^_^'

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:50 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ You don't need to have a rule broken to report a post - the rules can't cover everything afterall. If you think a post is problematical, you may report it - whether the mods agree to your view or take actions is another matter, of course, not to mention that the reporting system itself can also be abused.

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:26 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
I don't think a necrobumping rule is a good idea. I'm part of a Harvest Moon forum and if you bump a topic that's 10 days old or older, the topic gets locked. I personally think that's a stupid rule, if you ask me. Besides, why lock a topic if someone wants to add to a discussion?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:09 am 
Luna
Luna
I don't think a necrobumping rule is a good idea. I'm part of a Harvest Moon forum and if you bump a topic that's 10 days old or older, the topic gets locked. I personally think that's a stupid rule, if you ask me. Besides, why lock a topic if someone wants to add to a discussion?

10 days is nothing. I was talking about bumping topics that are over a year old with nothing substantial to add.

The 10 day rule sounds silly but bumping a 5-year-old topic for a joke is also silly.

So maybe not "no bumping" but rather, think before you revive an old topic. Do it intelligently. 10 days is nothing, even a few months is fine, but if a thread is a year old, just really consider if it's worth adding to the conversation. If a thread is 5 years old, really think before randomly adding a post.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:32 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
^ You're absolutely right about that, John. We must always think before we do anything rash. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:09 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
Actually it's better to bump instead of starting a new topic but that's just my opinion :unsure:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:48 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
litacan wrote:
Actually it's better to bump instead of starting a new topic but that's just my opinion :unsure:

Yes, but it also depends on whether the bumping post has any substantial content, & whether the bumping has become a frequent habit of the same forum member.

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:35 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
I agree that bumping should only be done if the bumping actually adds enough substance to the dead conversation to revitalize it, but at the same time, creating new topics leads to a bunch of duplicate topics.

I mean, just how many "What's you favorite season of the anime?" or "When is such and such piece of Sailor Moon media coming out?" or "Favorite voice of X character" topics do we need? There's a whole bunch out there of just the first example alone.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:09 pm 
Luna
Luna
Sabrblade wrote:
I agree that bumping should only be done if the bumping actually adds enough substance to the dead conversation to revitalize it, but at the same time, creating new topics leads to a bunch of duplicate topics.

I mean, just how many "What's you favorite season of the anime?" or "When is such and such piece of Sailor Moon media coming out?" or "Favorite voice of X character" topics do we need? There's a whole bunch out there of just the first example alone.

Yeah, I agree with that too. It's hard to draw a line in the sand about this, I guess.

I mean, I don't think we need anymore "favorite voice actor of X character" topics. But certain users will still create them even if no one participates. x__x

As for things like "what's your favorite season of the anime" etc., we could have sticky threads solely for discussing this. I think it would cut down on the clutter. Same goes for news threads. "General Sailor Moon Crystal News Thread" or something like that. Delete/lock threads in which people post news on their own, or move it to the thread.

I was honestly referring to situations in which users have been bumping topics that are between 3-6 years old just to add random jokes that don't even make sense. It's actually happening a lot lately.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:33 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^ I also agree. I'm getting tired of all these "Favorite voice actor of X character" and "Favorite season of the anime" threads as well. John, I love your suggestion of having sticky threads.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:44 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
then we will have a bunch of sticky threads :shocked:
maybe more than a page

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:11 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
litacan wrote:
then we will have a bunch of sticky threads :shocked:
maybe more than a page

Maybe not more than a page, lol but that could really happen, so I'll consider stickying one or two threads if those recurring threads appear again in the future, depending on the actual cases. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:59 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^Having one or two sticky threads would be nice.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:01 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
either way as new members post there will always be a "who's your fav senshi?" or "whats your fav season?" type threads
and if there is they will be merged with the existing one

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 947 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next