Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 947 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions thread.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:03 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
Having one or two sticky threads would be nice.

"Agreed."

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:07 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
May there be a rule which limits a certain member's daily post count to a certain thread(for ex. 10 every day)? Current state of some good ol' threads really frustrates me and I believe I'm not the only one.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:00 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
Death Metal Papillon wrote:
May there be a rule which limits a certain member's daily post count to a certain thread(for ex. 10 every day)? Current state of some good ol' threads really frustrates me and I believe I'm not the only one.

I'm against this myself if we limit the amount of posts people can make the site will be more dead than it is already

Post subject: If You Were An Admin What Would You Change?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:08 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
title says it all if you were an admin what would you change or add to the forum? me personally id add a Fan Fic/Original Stories Section XD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:11 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Ryo Urawa wrote:

I'm against this myself if we limit the amount of posts people can make the site will be more dead than it is already

So those posts can actually help in attaining our total site post count goal earlier. :P

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:20 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:
Ryo Urawa wrote:

So those posts can actually help in attaining our total site post count goal earlier. :P

that too I'm trying my hardest to achieve max rank so i can join my wife in the Custom Rank department XD :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:26 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
I think that's all about chasing for the quantity vs quality of posts. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:30 pm 
Luna
Luna

I don't know if limiting daily post counts is a good idea, nor do I know if it's even possible...but at the same time, I agree with your reasoning behind this.

There are many users who have joined relatively recently and have racked up 5000+ posts -- normally this would be great, but these posts, more often than not, don't come from actual discussion. It comes from the forum games in the off-topic section -- which are technically against the rules (they explicitly forbid forum games).

I don't mind forum games myself, but these threads are ridiculous.

"Say one nice thing about the person above you" - This thread obviously fluctuates, but lately it's been centered on a certain user and some form of drama that happened. Furthermore, oftentimes people don't actually say nice/positive things -- they state facts or make observations, or make neutral statements. The thread says to post NICE things! Doesn't make sense...

"Ask the person below you a question" - Too many people answering with "no opinion" or similar answers, and then asking a new question -- therefore eliminating the chance for someone to give a real answer. Someone asked about people's favorite Sera Myu Moons (Anza, Miyuki, etc.) and we got some answers, but then someone said "I haven't seen Sera Myu" and asked a new question. That's not an answer! If you can't answer the question, don't give a non-answer and then change the subject.

Overall, these two threads (and, to an extent, the avatar game thread) have allowed users to rack up an obscene amount of posts that are actually devoid of anything meaningful. Other users, as you can observe above, have directly stated they're just trying to get a lot of posts so they can get high forum ranks or "custom ranks" which means they don't want to actually post about Sailor Moon and share their ideas -- they just want to waste time and show off something that doesn't even matter in the end.

I don't think these threads should be closed or anything like that, but we need to encourage REAL Sailor Moon discussions (or real off-topic discussions in the off-topic section) and discourage people from posting in the game threads ad infinitum.

Maybe make a rule that you can only post in a forum game thread once a day?

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:34 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
John wrote:
There are many users who have joined relatively recently and have racked up 5000+ posts -- normally this would be great, but these posts, more often than not, don't come from actual discussion. It comes from the forum games in the off-topic section -- which are technically against the rules (they explicitly forbid forum games).

I don't mind forum games myself, but these threads are ridiculous.

where in the rules does it forbid forum games? if it was against the rules one of the admins would've cauldroned them besides its in the Off Topic area as you mentioned which is for Off Topic stuff like Forum games and anything not Sailor Moon Related

John wrote:
"Ask the person below you a question" - Too many people answering with "no opinion" or similar answers, and then asking a new question -- therefore eliminating the chance for someone to give a real answer. Someone asked about people's favorite Sera Myu Moons (Anza, Miyuki, etc.) and we got some answers, but then someone said "I haven't seen Sera Myu" and asked a new question. That's not an answer! If you can't answer the question, don't give a non-answer and then change the subject.

last time i checked that qualified as a answer john

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:49 pm 
Luna
Luna
Ryo Urawa wrote:
where in the rules does it forbid forum games? if it was against the rules one of the admins would've cauldroned them besides its in the Off Topic area as you mentioned which is for Off Topic stuff like Forum games and anything not Sailor Moon Related

Right here:

Quote:
✩ Forum "games" are not allowed.
So-called "forum games" ("count to 1,000", "word associations", "last letter game" etc.), targeted at killing one's time and not requiring any creativity or work of thought, are not allowed. Sailor Moon-related games (e.g., Sailor Moon shiritori), as long as they are creative, and Sailor Moon-related role-playing, are allowed.

Ryo Urawa wrote:
last time i checked that qualified as a answer john

It doesn't answer the question, Ryo.

"Who is your favorite Moon actress from Sera Myu?"
Possible answers: Any of the Moon actresses.
Not a valid answer: "I don't watch Sera Myu." -- This has nothing to do with the question at hand.

If you don't have a favorite Moon actress from Sera Myu, why would you want to answer that question?

And even if you do interpret it as a "valid" answer...it's a boring answer that ruins the spirit of the game. It's an answer in the sense that you're responding to the question, but you're not actually providing the information requested. It's an answer that is also a non-answer, and there's no reason why someone should answer questions like that.

Similar things are answering with "I don't know" -- if you don't know, let someone who DOES know answer.

The fact that you think things like that are valid answers just confirms what I wrote: people only see these games as tools to rack up posts. The users are not actually interested in discussion or in the games themselves.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:54 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
^^probably because he or she wanted to ask a question themselves and didn't know any of the actors/actresses in Sera Myu even i don't know them and even if the answer is "I Don't Watch Sera Myu" its still an answer now i ask politely to stop this bickering as were getting really off topic

Post subject: Re: If You Were An Admin What Would You Change?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:11 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
:orly: I'd find a way to Instant Messaging. MOAR CHATTING!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:24 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
one thing is for sure the bickering does need to stop right now!

second I see where your coming from John with the forum games since there is a rule but at the same time
if someone hasn't seen Sera Myu and answers that they haven't seen it then starts a new question you could simply give a reply and ask the question again but that's a suggestion

or how about this to everyone - if you don't have a answer don't answer wait for the next question.

I ask everyone don't spam the ask question thread - say positives things to the user above you thread and the avatar thread

third John once again you are behaving as though you are an admin and I told you once before that is against the rules in it of itself so practice what you preach
I'm telling you one last time before I give an official warning if there's a problem such as a broken rule use the report button

I ask everyone to do the same

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:13 am 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: In a relationship
Cauldron this if necessary, but how is it ever been thought up of being able to log in through a social media account (i.e. Facebook?)

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:27 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
as i said before,i neither want a custom rank,nor want to increase my posts.i even limit myself to not make so many posts in a day.Don't blame me i do my best :roll:

the reason is (i think) we just want to talk to other forum members.Of course it's possible to chat outside of the forum but not every member are joining the chatrooms and Pm's don't let us to group chats.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:34 pm 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
I don't see why John is complaining about forum games. :/ We've had them before and Kero never complained about them. And Mara and Rika aren't bugged by them either. They're not really hurting anyone either. So, just let it be, if ain't broke don't fix it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:23 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
I think John does have some points, & can see how the posting behaviors of some forum members here recently can be a nuisance to others - dunno whether there're actual trolls among them, but their antics are pretty trolling-esque. So I hereby advise them to be self-restraining here from now on, because if they fail to do that, there'll be more (explicit) rules restraining their posting behaviors sooner or later, which I wouldn't like to see happening, or I'll reset the post counts of some forum members to discourage their antics, disable post counting on certain threads, &/or appoint John to be the moderator of the OT section to impose a crackdown over there, :twistedevil: among other options, none of which I'd like to do at present, so pls be more prudent in your behaviors here now.

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:26 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:
I think John does have some points, & can see how the posting behaviors of some forum members here recently can be a nuisance to others - dunno whether there're actual trolls among them, but their antics are pretty trolling-esque. So I hereby advise them to be self-restraining here from now on, because if they fail to do that, there'll be more (explicit) rules restraining their posting behaviors sooner or later, which I wouldn't like to see happening, or I'll reset the post counts of some forum members to discourage their antics, disable post counting on certain threads, &/or appoint John to be the moderator of the OT section to impose a crackdown over there, :twistedevil: among others, none of which I'd like to do at present, so pls be more prudent in your behaviors here.

anything but that Rika i beg you *gets on his knees* we'll be good we promise *coughs* to get back on topic id suggest something but i think the forum is perfect as is :happy:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:33 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Ryo Urawa wrote:
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:
I think John does have some points, & can see how the posting behaviors of some forum members here recently can be a nuisance to others - dunno whether there're actual trolls among them, but their antics are pretty trolling-esque. So I hereby advise them to be self-restraining here from now on, because if they fail to do that, there'll be more (explicit) rules restraining their posting behaviors sooner or later, which I wouldn't like to see happening, or I'll reset the post counts of some forum members to discourage their antics, disable post counting on certain threads, &/or appoint John to be the moderator of the OT section to impose a crackdown over there, :twistedevil: among others, none of which I'd like to do at present, so pls be more prudent in your behaviors here.

anything but that Rika i beg you *gets on his knees* we'll be good we promise *coughs* to get back on topic id suggest something but i think the forum is perfect as is :happy:

We're on topic here - we're talking about suggestions on forum rules/policies regarding posting behaviors. The forum would be more "perfect" if forum members could cooperate to make it so, instead of degenerating it as it's been happening for quite some time now.

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:35 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:
I think John does have some points, & can see how the posting behaviors of some forum members here recently can be a nuisance to others - dunno whether there're actual trolls among them, but their antics are pretty trolling-esque. So I hereby advise them to be self-restraining here from now on, because if they fail to do that, there'll be more (explicit) rules restraining their posting behaviors sooner or later, which I wouldn't like to see happening, or I'll reset the post counts of some forum members to discourage their antics, disable post counting on certain threads, &/or appoint John to be the moderator of the OT section to impose a crackdown over there, :twistedevil: among other options, none of which I'd like to do at present, so pls be more prudent in your behaviors here now.

How would you describe trolling amongst the members? Would the post have to be extreme or not be in the appropriate section (i.e. posting in the Ask the Person below you a question like, "What do you like to do for fun?") I'm just trying to get a better picture of this. For me, I usually stick to only a few topics at the moment, so I am just curious.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:45 pm 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:

I'd suddgest that I'd should be a moth then.... I'd go Princess Leia on anyone who keeps acting up.. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:48 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
TheWinterSoldier91 wrote:
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:

How would you describe trolling amongst the members? Would the post have to be extreme or not be in the appropriate section (i.e. posting in the Ask the Person below you a question like, "What do you like to do for fun?") I'm just trying to get a better picture of this. For me, I usually stick to only a few topics at the moment, so I am just curious.

Trolling can take an infinite-like number of forms - I see it just as a concept of causing nuisance instead of written rules, which could take tons of pages. :P So don't try playing that game here - the psychology of trolls are pretty typical everywhere & you perfectly know what you're doing here, & I may reset your post count anytime as a 1st warning to you.

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:51 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:

Trolling can take an infinite-like number of forms - I see it just as a concept of causing nuisance instead of written rules, which could take tons of pages. :P So don't try playing that game here - the psychology of trolls are pretty typical everywhere & you perfectly know what you're doing here, & I may reset your post count anytime as a 1st warning to you.

Ok. I'm sorry. I just wanted to make sure so I can keep myself in check. So so sorry about this >.<

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:54 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Cauldron this if necessary, but how is it ever been thought up of being able to log in through a social media account (i.e. Facebook?)

All forum feature upgrades are on indefinite hold due to a simple reason of nobody being in charge of those upgrades. The current admin team is just maintaining the status quo, without anybody knowing for sure when and if that will ever change.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:01 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:

Ok. I'm sorry. I just wanted to make sure so I can keep myself in check. So so sorry about this >.<

Like what I've said above, you're evidently not stupid & perfectly know how to keep yourself in check - if only you really wish to do it. :wink:

Now stop pretending & I consider the discussions on this matter closed at this stage, while waiting for any improvement here on the above-mentioned problems.

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:05 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
One question that may be similar to another I have posted earlier, but is it possible to post pictures that have bigger dimensions than what is permitted or will it cause problems for the site?

I have also had problems adding photos sometimes from my phone. Is it a glitch?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:12 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
One question that may be similar to another I have posted earlier, but is it possible to post pictures that have bigger dimensions than what is permitted or will it cause problems for the site?

I see the present limits as fine there in keeping the forum page layout not broken - I've also been annoyed by the limits myself at times, P-: but I consider them as a necessary measure here.

Quote:

Dunno, could be? But I've never had problems in doing that w/ my mobile devices. :confused:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:16 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:

Quote:

Dunno, could be? But I've never had problems in doing that w/ my mobile devices. :confused:

It's strange as the photos that I upload are from my camera and not a download. If it is a downloaded image it doesn't have a problem for uploading. I am attaching a copy for reference.

Edit: the photos that have the problem came from my front camera.

Attachments:
Screenshot_20170725-131310.png
Screenshot_20170725-131310.png [ 185.97 KiB | Viewed 1140 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:10 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ Then I have no idea on that, but you may try uploading your camera image somewhere 1st & then downloading/image-linking/attaching it from there?

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:58 pm 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
I have a suggestion. Could people please not use the suggestions thread for complaints? :o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 947 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next