* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Clarification on "Warnings"
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:03 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 21 months ago
inactive
Since I've had some indications in the last while that there's some confusion about what forum warnings mean, I thought I'd address the issue. Quoting the forum rules:

Quote:
- Any poster who is caught breaking a forum rule will be issued a warning. The warning is a notice to the user of what they did and where, nothing more. Warnings are simply logged for documentation, so other forum administrators can watch for patterns of behavior.

- Posters who accrue multiple warnings for the same thing will be subject to disciplinary measures depending on the nature of the offense. These measures could include the removal of access to a particular subforum for a certain amount of time, a "red tag" on their account, or whatever else is deemed necessary. Bans will only be issued in extreme circumstances to posters who are repeatedly disruptive and disrespectful, or interfere with the normal operation of the forum.

So basically, if you break a rule and are issued a warning, it logs it where admins can see what/where/when it happened. That way, if you break the same rule again in the future, we know that you've already been told that the rule exists (because there are a number of posters, and names change, and there are multiple admins, and it helps to keep track). That's...pretty much it. It doesn't mean you're on a watch list or on "thin ice" or in immediate danger of banning anything of the sort, so please don't panic - it's just a heads up that, hey, please don't do whatever you just did.

(I think that years ago there might have been a three-strike rule or something where if you got three warnings you were instantly banned, but if so, that hasn't existed in some time. If you do accrue multiple warnings for the same thing then yes, there will be consequences, but they don't come out of the blue and getting banned takes more effort than most people think.)

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask here or PM me/another admin.

Post subject: Re: Clarification on "Warnings"
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:24 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: No.1 Mercury Fanboy
Good to know.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:34 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
Well, thank you so much, Kerochan. This is great to know.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:56 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
Yes, thank you, now I understand everything.