* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The nostalgia days.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:50 pm 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
I miss the old days when the forum was actually fun back when I first joined. It was less strict, no need for silly rules over fanart, hentai, word censoring, bootlegs and copyrights, new forums popping up, etc. the mods were awesome and sure people acted up but we were a family and we had fun. I feel like ever since Crystal and the redub were announced it's dividing the community the veteran fans act like we were here first so we're gonna act like we own the place, while others just go meh, whatever.

A lot of the new changes make me long for the SMF back when I first joined here.

Post subject: Re: The nostalgia days.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:21 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NeoQueenSerenity18 wrote:
I feel like ever since Crystal and the redub were announced it's dividing the community the veteran fans act like we were here first so we're gonna act like we own the place, while others just go meh, whatever.

While I see there're differences & arguments regarding Crystal, I don't feel that, :confused: & there've been differences & arguments regarding other subjects here in the past, too, so it's actually nothing new today. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:56 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
silly rules over fanart, hentai, word censoring, bootlegs and copyrights, new forums popping up, etc.

Genvid did all of that. :P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:20 pm 
Corona Galactica
Corona Galactica
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Mrs Confederate666 wrote:
silly rules over fanart, hentai, word censoring, bootlegs and copyrights, new forums popping up, etc.

Genvid did all of that. :P

NeoQueenSerenity18 joined a whole year after the forums were merged, so she apparently refers to already merged Genvid forums while remembering "old good days".

I remember a lot of people mourning five years ago about our glorious past and about present deplorable state of the forums. In five years from now people will be remembering with nostalgia about how we had fun in 2016, and telling each other about how the forum lost its spirit since then. P-:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:32 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:
I remember a lot of people mourning five years ago about our glorious past and about present deplorable state of the forums. In five years from now people will be remembering with nostalgia about how we had fun in 2016, and telling each other about how the forum lost its spirit since then. P-:

That's why I suspect they're actually the same person (who mourns about it every five years). :P

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:05 pm 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:

Since when did we have any sort of spirit to begin with?

More seriously, my most apparent piece of nostalgia is the pre-(20th anniversary) time when it seemed to me that most of us were more happy to be creative and stress over details or interpretations of the show a bit less, than after.

Ironic is that precisely during that era I was in my most anal rage-prone nerdy phase.

Oh how I miss guild wars...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:13 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Boro wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:

Since when did we have any sort of spirit to begin with?

It's the "phantom of the forum," always being elusive. :purpleghost:

My J-pop thread