* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Moon Blossom - tomoki
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:10 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membership
Similar post here - this is just a general announcement to the forum.

When I first started coming here, I was being teased for being gay. At that time and point in my life with my background I was scared to be myself or have people know about what I was doing, so I created Moon Blossom (firefly3689) as a persona to detach my name from any sort online activity. Being young and naive I got myself into a horrible situation that really messed with my mind in the game creator circle. Past that, I got really motivated moving from XP-VX. I helped with a few other games, inserted little credits in my own demos; I went really hard with making this game until I hit bumps in the road and then I didn't know where to take it. The "persona" was also messing with my anxiety so much that real world events and this expectation I felt like was melting me. I had to give up for a while because of the almost PTSD I get about thinking making a dumb decision when I was a young kid. It really effected the game, and some other people. I started having seizures and was diagnosed with epilepsy, blah, blah. I don't want to get into a sob story but I was out of commission (memory, motor functions, cognitive thinking) a long time. I'm grateful I can say I'm one year seizure free. I know this is a lot of random information- but I needed to let the community know as even though I've been inactive on Moon Blossom due to shame I've always come here back to browse and have loved the conversations and progress that shaped me as a person.

I hope you all can understand and forgive me.

:love:

Post subject: Re: Moon Blossom - tomoki
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:16 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hope your situation will get better & better. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:44 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

Thank you so much; you were one of the members I saw/posted in threads a lot.

Thank you guys for being so kind and understanding. It's been eating at me and I feel like I needed to say it now that I'm more mature.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:09 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
it's better to put the negatives past behind you and start anew
I also hope things improve for you

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:27 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
tomoki wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

Thank you so much; you were one of the members I saw/posted in threads a lot.

Thank you guys for being so kind and understanding. It's been eating at me and I feel like I needed to say it now that I'm more mature.

It can have a healing effect on yourself simply by voicing it out & being listened to, even if the listeners can't give you any concrete/definite advice on your particular situations. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:31 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
I'm always a person that advocates openness and honesty; I believe in owning what I say on the internet and to be myself which is why I put my name as my username, because it is me. Obviously I've never seen you in the forums before but reading your post I feel that you're a sensitive person and you want to let yourself out of the shadow you've created.
One thing I've discovered about myself is that I am surprising accepting of people; I know a guy who recently committed a terrible joke against me on Discord and I was very upset with him to the point where I had to talk to him about whether or not to block him. He was so repentanate that I decided not to, but then I told him that despite his behavior I accepted who he was and he was so taken by this because he was never accepted by anyone, including his own family.
I do accept everyone here for who they are, and I have no doubt at all that I'll readily accept you as well despite not knowing you right now. :keke: Welcome back to the forums.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:00 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
chrissifniotis wrote:
I'm always a person that advocates openness and honesty; I believe in owning what I say on the internet and to be myself which is why I put my name as my username, because it is me. Obviously I've never seen you in the forums before but reading your post I feel that you're a sensitive person and you want to let yourself out of the shadow you've created.
One thing I've discovered about myself is that I am surprising accepting of people; I know a guy who recently committed a terrible joke against me on Discord and I was very upset with him to the point where I had to talk to him about whether or not to block him. He was so repentanate that I decided not to, but then I told him that despite his behavior I accepted who he was and he was so taken by this because he was never accepted by anyone, including his own family.
I do accept everyone here for who they are, and I have no doubt at all that I'll readily accept you as well despite not knowing you right now. :keke: Welcome back to the forums.

I second this Chris well said I've also never hid anything about myself I've actually gotten a lot happier since joining this wonderful forum and heck I even showed pictures of myself on here (something I was nervous about doing because I don't find myself attractive) anyway I don't judge people as I believe in treating people they way I want to be treated and everyone on here is so nice so you got nothing in the world to worry about heck you may even find your true love on here I know I did as did several others, guess you could say were all one big happy family on here :happy: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:21 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: In a relationship
It really doesn't matter how you choose to live your life. That's what makes a human different from others. You have the freedom to choose what you want to do and what you feel is right.

I have friends who are the same and it's up to you what you want to do. This forum has its upside and positives in how members support each other.

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:53 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Married to TWS91
Welcome back to the forums, tomoki! Thank you for being honest in your opening post. I apprieciate it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:47 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
chrissifniotis wrote:
I know a guy who recently committed a terrible joke against me on Discord and I was very upset with him to the point where I had to talk to him about whether or not to block him. He was so repentanate that I decided not to, but then I told him that despite his behavior I accepted who he was and he was so taken by this because he was never accepted by anyone, including his own family. I do accept everyone here for who they are, and I have no doubt at all that I'll readily accept you as well despite not knowing you right now. :keke: Welcome back to the forums.

I wasn't horrid, just afraid of making a more personal profile. I was 13/14 at the time and just didn't know a lot about the internet/forums or how things would take.

Prince Rose wrote:
it's better to put the negatives past behind you and start anew
I also hope things improve for you

I think just by saying it's just breaking a wall and coming back here instead of lurking knowing that I'm not 13 and in middle school afraid of people on the internet haha.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Rei-volution
tomoki wrote:
When I first started coming here, I was being teased for being gay.

I've only been on this forum for not even a year, and everyone is very nice, there was even a thread recently where people discussed loneliness, shyness, and mental disorders. I once recommended this forum to someone on Twitter, and they told me there was a problem with bullying 10 years ago. Whatever happened back then, it definitely isn't the case anymore, everyone here is very friendly.

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Commander-in-Chief of the :rei:volution

Inventor of Chibi Chibi Latin - Learn it here

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:37 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Married to TWS91
^ It's true, everyone of us is friendly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:51 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
redblade7 wrote:
tomoki wrote:

I've only been on this forum for not even a year, and everyone is very nice, there was even a thread recently where people discussed loneliness, shyness, and mental disorders. I once recommended this forum to someone on Twitter, and they told me there was a problem with bullying 10 years ago.

I don't recall that or what exactly is that, but then I'm forgetful. ^_^'

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:59 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
It could refer to trolls who may have been around as trolls aren't above bullying I myself wasn't here till 2008 so I really wasn't around in '07

I can only assume

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:04 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I still got posts with teh drama with Elly on my photobucket. Then there was SegaSaturnGamer trying to be glorious by denouncing anime. I still have edges with Rose, Usapon, and Elizamaes. (She was the same person who thought my 11 year being with my fiance that he was someone I made up/is a mental patient.) Hence I made MissDramu.

I'm still the same hack, but I matured.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:13 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
redblade7 wrote:
tomoki wrote:

I've only been on this forum for not even a year, and everyone is very nice, there was even a thread recently where people discussed loneliness, shyness, and mental disorders. I once recommended this forum to someone on Twitter, and they told me there was a problem with bullying 10 years ago. Whatever happened back then, it definitely isn't the case anymore, everyone here is very friendly.

it was when certain members were still here (i wont say which) but they got bitten by Chibi-Usa several months ago and haven't been seen since

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:30 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
Ryo Urawa wrote:
redblade7 wrote:
tomoki wrote:

it was when certain members were still here (i wont say which) but they got bitten by Chibi-Usa several months ago and haven't been seen since

Oh wow, that sounds almost timely. Good to know Ryo.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:32 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Prince Rose wrote:
It could refer to trolls who may have been around as trolls aren't above bullying I myself wasn't here till 2008 so I really wasn't around in '07

I can only assume

If it happened on SMF before the forum merge, then I wouldn't know about it; if it did on Genvid before that, then I should've known about it (but forgotten now), unless it did on the subforums invisible to guests, as I was a lurker there at the time. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:14 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:

I can only assume

If it happened on SMF before the forum merge, then I wouldn't know about it; if it did on Genvid before that, then I should've known about it (but forgotten now), unless it did on the subforums invisible to guests, as I was a lurker there at the time. :)

What actually is the history behind Genvid? Looking it up I just see a summary of a fan translation project, an abandoned blog, and references on this forum to "Genvid Lounge" and a hidden Cardcaptor Sakura forum. I'd love for someone to tell me.

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:23 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
From what I remember lurking in '09 there was a clash of personalites. :twisted:

So the community that time had several SMF spin offs. From what I know there were 5 now reduced to 2. :vanish:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:39 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
redblade7 wrote:
What actually is the history behind Genvid? Looking it up I just see a summary of a fan translation project, an abandoned blog, and references on this forum to "Genvid Lounge" and a hidden Cardcaptor Sakura forum. I'd love for someone to tell me.

Due to advanced age all of our founding members often have trouble trying to remember what they had for breakfast, or if they had breakfast at all. Events that happened some fifteen years ago are a complete mystery to them. :mameshiba:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:16 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
redblade7 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:

I can only assume

As I recall, it was a Sailor Moon fansite w/ a forum, founded several months before PGSM started airing in Oct. 2003. It does contain many translated contents, but isn't limited to that. The Genvid Lounge is a relic of its forum after merging w/ SMF.

Some more info about it on WikiMoon: http://wikimoon.org/index.php?title=WikiMoonWeb:Genvid

rgveda99 wrote:
From what I remember lurking in '09 there was a clash of personalites. :twisted:

So the community that time had several SMF spin offs. From what I know there were 5 now reduced to 2. :vanish:

I did hear something about that just not long after joining here, but as it'd already occurred before my joining, I considered myself an outsider of it & hence never participated in it besides just listening to the gossips & all. lol

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:55 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
rgveda99 wrote:

What's #2?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:22 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
redblade7 wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

What's #2?

I just discovered a site called "The Galaxy Cauldron Forums" - is that the #2?

I haven't yet signed up there, since they say they are moving to HTTPS in a few days and I want to make it easier for them. Are there any Sailor Moon Forum users on The Galaxy Cauldron Forums? They seem to have a lot more activity and features, are the users friendly like we are here?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:04 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
redblade7 wrote:
I just discovered a site called "The Galaxy Cauldron Forums" - is that the #2?

Sorry. I did not see your post but yes. :innocent:

redblade7 wrote:
I haven't yet signed up there, since they say they are moving to HTTPS in a few days and I want to make it easier for them. Are there any Sailor Moon Forum users on The Galaxy Cauldron Forums? They seem to have a lot more activity and features, are the users friendly like we are here?

There are several members here who also have members there. ^_^

Can't say much but you can ask Space Rebel Leia, Neo Queen Serenity or chrissifniotis since they're members there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:54 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ That site's name seems to come directly from the Galactic Cauldron subforum here. :lol:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:10 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
^ That site's name seems to come directly from the Galactic Cauldron subforum here. :lol:

That's another reason why I was asking if everyone was friendly and there were users in both forums, as I had realized that the banned topics go to "II" and was not sure if that was making fun of them.

They seem to be a lot more serious than we are here.

EDIT: Do you think they'll be friendly to references to "Linux fortune cookies based on Anton-P/Maraviollantes' YKYWTMSMW book" or "First update to Anton-P/Maraviollantes' YKYWTMSMW compilation in 10 years by new maintainer redblade7" or would that be causing trouble?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:34 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ I dunno - you gotta ask them. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:24 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
redblade7 wrote:

We spent over a decade arguing every other day if Usagi should have ended up with Seiya instead of Mamoru, and discussing other very serious topics. Some of our members still participate in the same debates they started some ten years ago. One can't get any more serious than that on the Internet.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:51 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
redblade7 wrote:

Forgot to mention Boro was there. Got banned for :yoshi:ing. :googly: