Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:19 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The senshi x shitenou haters . Note I don't mean that the people who don't like the paring. I mean the people who bash it just to be bashing it , and have really idiotic reasons . You should seen some of the hate for it on tumbrl when crystal made it cannon. How it ruins the girll sexualities, and how them being with guys lessen the message of a strong woman. Which is diumb because you basically said any women being with a man is less strong. It was just dumb :unsure:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:44 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
imaginationgirl wrote:
The senshi x shitenou haters . Note I don't mean that the people who don't like the paring. I mean the people who bash it just to be bashing it , and have really idiotic reasons . You should seen some of the hate for it on tumbrl when crystal made it cannon. How it ruins the girll sexualities, and how them being with guys lessen the message of a strong woman. Which is diumb because you basically said any women being with a man is less strong. It was just dumb :unsure:

^ While I don't hate Senshi x Shiten'ou, I have a problem with their romantic relationship in the present timeline.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:53 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:

^ While I don't hate Senshi x Shiten'ou, I have a problem with their romantic relationship in the present timeline.

it makes most sense in the past more than the present, like I totally am ok with them having a relationship then well some more than others, Rei x Jedeite never made sense to me nor did zoi x ami but I can get with minako x kunzite and I'm somewhat ok with neph x mako IN THE PAST
I'm not a sen x shi fan myself and that goes far back to before crystal heck it goes back to the early '00s

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:21 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:

Those motivations are silly.

As for the pairings themselves... I see them in two different ways depending on the period.

Past:
  • VenusXKunzite: we know it's canon, as hinted in the original manga and confirmed by Ace in Codename: Sailor V. And knowing them, it makes sense that Kunzite was the one man for whom past!Venus stopped chasing men: both of them were frustrated by charges who didn't think things through, they fraternized on that.
  • MercuryXZoisite and JupiterXNephrite: don't care at all.
  • MarsXJadeite: this one I don't like, for the simple reason it's out-of-character for what little we know of past!Mars... Namely her chastity oath. At most they were attracted to each other, but nothing came out of it due the oath.

Present: they simply make no sense. Especially the one between present!Venus and Kunzite, as our dear Minako has openly rejected the very idea of doing anything that could get between her and her duty, including any feeling her past life may have had for Kunzite's past life. In fact she went after him with intention to KILL in the manga...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:29 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The only way I could see any of those pairings making sense in the present is if something like the "Nephrite manipulates Naru" subplot of the anime was done with Makoto instead. Like, if Makoto was introduced well ahead of her becoming Sailor Jupiter, and Nephrite chose to manipulate her instead of Naru, preying on Makoto's vulnerability after she'd been heartbroken by her sempai, with Makoto being drawn to Nephrite's charms in his deceiving her like Naru was.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

Last edited by Sabrblade on Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:16 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:
"Ruin the girls' sexuality?" What do they mean?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:19 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
"Ruin the girls' sexuality?" What do they mean?

Well some peope thought they were cannoicaly one sexuality .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:29 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
Here's my pet peeve. In R and the Black Moon arc of the manga why did they leave the future Silver Crystal unguarded and in a place where Chibiusa had easy access to it? :o I'm surprised that the inners weren't guarding it or that it wasn't in NQS's scepter.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:55 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neo Queen Serenity wrote:
Here's my pet peeve. In R and the Black Moon arc of the manga why did they leave the future Silver Crystal unguarded and in a place where Chibiusa had easy access to it? :o I'm surprised that the inners weren't guarding it or that it wasn't in NQS's scepter.
It was a time of peace with no enemies. The situation of Crystal Tokyo at that point was so safe and peaceful that the crystal could be put on display in NQS's room. The Black Moon clan's attack was unexpected when it happened.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:10 am 
Luna
Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Why not have the other Senshi kill more of the other monsters they fight. Moon doesn't have to be the only one who gives 'em the finishing blow. Yeah, I know she's the title character, but still. Sometimes, you just wanna see your favorite character win.

Matte Lupin!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:01 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:
I like how it was portrayed in the musicals but I don't like how it was portrayed in Crystal because it took away the Inners' only battle victories in the first season and is just very rushed with no focus on how they actually fell in love or what they like about each other.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:30 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
GTAB wrote:
Why not have the other Senshi kill more of the other monsters they fight. Moon doesn't have to be the only one who gives 'em the finishing blow. Yeah, I know she's the title character, but still. Sometimes, you just wanna see your favorite character win.

The curse of the anime magical girl. Only the main one will defeat monsters or do final blows.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:30 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
lord Martiya wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:

As for the pairings themselves... I see them in two different ways depending on the period.

Past:
  • VenusXKunzite: we know it's canon, as hinted in the original manga and confirmed by Ace in Codename: Sailor V. And knowing them, it makes sense that Kunzite was the one man for whom past!Venus stopped chasing men: both of them were frustrated by charges who didn't think things through, they fraternized on that.
  • MarsXJadeite: this one I don't like, for the simple reason it's out-of-character for what little we know of past!Mars... Namely her chastity oath. At most they were attracted to each other, but nothing came out of it due the oath.

Present: they simply make no sense. Especially the one between present!Venus and Kunzite, as our dear Minako has openly rejected the very idea of doing anything that could get between her and her duty, including any feeling her past life may have had for Kunzite's past life. In fact she went after him with intention to KILL in the manga...

To be fair it wasn't clear when she made the oath .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:35 am 
Stella
Stella
imaginationgirl wrote:

While I think the idea that girls can't have a man and be a strong woman is misogynist in itself. I don't like Senshi/Shitennou. I mean for one it makes little sense for the Senshi in the Silver Millennium to criticize Princess Serenity sneaking off to Earth to have her fling when they all are doing the same thing. Besides alternate pairings are more interesting. I for one love Zoisite and Kunzite and think they make a more interesting and awesome couple. Plus the manga is pretty absent on gay male romances unlike the 90s anime. I also like Makoto with Asanuma way more then Makoto with Nephrite. In the 90s anime I also thought that Ami/Urawa and Rei/Yuuichirou were far superior then the Shitennou romances. I also loved Beryl/Jadeite from PGSM as in the 90s anime I always thought that it was implied that Jadeite had an unrequited love for Beryl so I was thrilled to see it confirmed in PGSM.

lord Martiya wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:

Past:

Well as for the Venus and Kunzite pairing. It was implied in Sailor V that Sailor Venus had feelings for Kunzite. It was never stated whether they were requited.

Also one thing that made no sense to me is what was this battle that Adonis was drafted into Prince Endymion's troops for? It couldn't be the war with the Dark Kingdom because the Shitennou are shown being in Endymion's army working with the Sailor Senshi as opposed to fighting against them. I mean we even see Sailor Venus gazing longingly at Kunzite.

However one of my issues in the manga is I have a big problem with the idea that the Inners having any romantic relationships at all would somehow be violating their duty. This is just ridiculous as they can both have love and keep to their duty to their Princess. Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune are a loving couple and have no problem keeping to their duty so why should any of the other Senshi.

Sabrblade wrote:
The only way I could see any of those pairings making sense in the present is if something like the "Nephrite manipulates Naru" subplot of the anime was done with Makoto instead. Like, if Makoto was introduced well ahead of her becoming Sailor Jupiter, and Nephrite chose to manipulate her instead of Naru, preying on Makoto's vulnerability after she'd been heartbroken by her sempai, with Makoto being drawn to Nephrite's charms in his deceiving her like Naru was.

I definitely would have supported Nephrite and Makoto if this was done in the 90s anime. Plus we would have gotten to have Sailor Jupiter introduced earlier about the same time as she was in the manga because in the manga she was introduced when Nephrite was active anyway. However I still maintain that I think that Zoisite and Kunzite should remain with each other instead of being with Ami or Minako as they had a beautiful relationship and plus it adds a homosexual male relationship. Besides I think Ami/Urawa and Minako/Ace are better pairings.

It would have also been cool that on the episode with Nephrite's death that could have been the point when Makoto awakens as Sailor Jupiter and maybe in this version Nephrite could survive or die and be revived later like in the Sailor Moon PC Engine game or PGSM.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:41 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
If the Generals pairings were something Naoko always intended to be in the story but wasn't included in the manga for whatever reason, I don't understand why Naoko didn't include more focus of it in PGSM. Naoko had full creative control of her property by then and PGSM had more room to explore it being a looser explanation. But instead the PGSM writers chose to go with their own original pairings like Nephrite x Ami instead and I feel like PGSM was a missed opportunity for the Generals pairings.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:56 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Neon Genesis wrote:
If the Generals pairings were something Naoko always intended to be in the story but wasn't included in the manga for whatever reason, I don't understand why Naoko didn't include more focus of it in PGSM. Naoko had full creative control of her property by then and PGSM had more room to explore it being a looser explanation. But instead the PGSM writers chose to go with their own original pairings like Nephrite x Ami instead and I feel like PGSM was a missed opportunity for the Generals pairings.

There was also a somewhat kinky moment between Venus & Zoisite in PGSM, tho, & Zoisite was obsessed w/ Endymion, the senshi of the Earth. Also, Kunzite seemed to be interested in the evil version of Mercury, even tho the latter rejected him. But that's about it. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:58 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

There was also a somewhat kinky moment between Venus & Zoisite in PGSM, tho, & Zoisite was obsessed w/ Endymion, the senshi of the Earth. Also, Kunzite seemed to be interested in the evil version of Mercury, even tho the latter rejected him. But that's about it. lol

I need to rewatch that.

I always thought PGSM Zoisite was asexual.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:01 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
rgveda99 wrote:
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

I need to rewatch that.

I always thought PGSM Zoisite was asexual.

One could always interpret his obsession w/ Endymion as a non-sexual one, tho. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:45 pm 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
Why is Super Sailor Moon's back bow shorter in SuperS? I honestly prefer the longer back bow from S. And also why did they change Sailor Moon's tiara gems from a red stone in Classic and R to S and SuperS a crescent moon? Also, why did they change Sailor Moon's choker from a crescent moon to a heart in S?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:52 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Why is Super Sailor Moon's back bow shorter in SuperS? I honestly prefer the longer back bow from S.
Maybe the longer bow was more complicated for Naoko to draw, making her want to go with a less tasking design for that next arc of the manga, with the anime simply following in suit with the design change for visual consistency/marketing consistency within the brand.

And also why did they change Sailor Moon's tiara gems from a red stone in Classic and R to S and SuperS a crescent moon? Also, why did they change Sailor Moon's choker from a crescent moon to a heart in S?
Maybe to establish a greater visual distinction for "Moon Cosmic Power, Make Up!" in comparison to its two predecessors, so as to make it look more special and unique in a subtle way.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:40 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
Well as for the Venus and Kunzite pairing. It was implied in Sailor V that Sailor Venus had feelings for Kunzite. It was never stated whether they were requited.

Just re-read Codename: Sailor V and the main series: it was all but stated that past!Venus was WITH past!Kunzite. But their present incarnations... Kunzite didn't know her, and Venus came for him with intentions to kill.
MariaTenebre wrote:
Also one thing that made no sense to me is what was this battle that Adonis was drafted into Prince Endymion's troops for? It couldn't be the war with the Dark Kingdom because the Shitennou are shown being in Endymion's army working with the Sailor Senshi as opposed to fighting against them. I mean we even see Sailor Venus gazing longingly at Kunzite.

There were riots that, in hindsight, were likely the prologue to the war with the Dark Kingdom, just before Metallia brainwashed everyone on Earth.
MariaTenebre wrote:
However one of my issues in the manga is I have a big problem with the idea that the Inners having any romantic relationships at all would somehow be violating their duty. This is just ridiculous as they can both have love and keep to their duty to their Princess. Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune are a loving couple and have no problem keeping to their duty so why should any of the other Senshi.

The only two for which that applies are Venus and Mars, and it's shown to be their problem: Venus will throw any relationship under the bus the moment it starts interfering with her duty so abstains, and Mars just considers them distractions. And in hindsight it's likely these two were together, or at least had a friends with benefits relationship, since before the Infinity arc.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:51 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Why is Super Sailor Moon's back bow shorter in SuperS? I honestly prefer the longer back bow from S. And also why did they change Sailor Moon's tiara gems from a red stone in Classic and R to S and SuperS a crescent moon? Also, why did they change Sailor Moon's choker from a crescent moon to a heart in S?
I think it's because in S, Usagi's Super Transformation is supposed to be a special event, but in SuperS her Super transformation is her standard form for the season.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:35 am 
Stella
Stella
lord Martiya wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

Just re-read Codename: Sailor V and the main series: it was all but stated that past!Venus was WITH past!Kunzite. But their present incarnations... Kunzite didn't know her, and Venus came for him with intentions to kill.
MariaTenebre wrote:

There were riots that, in hindsight, were likely the prologue to the war with the Dark Kingdom, just before Metallia brainwashed everyone on Earth.
MariaTenebre wrote:

The only two for which that applies are Venus and Mars, and it's shown to be their problem: Venus will throw any relationship under the bus the moment it starts interfering with her duty so abstains, and Mars just considers them distractions. And in hindsight it's likely these two were together, or at least had a friends with benefits relationship, since before the Infinity arc.

Well read Codename Sailor V and based on what I read while it seemed that Sailor Venus had love for Kunzite it was never stated whether or not those feelings were requited.

The riots idea makes sense. I never thought of it that way.

As for Sailor Mars and Sailor Venus well I don't know if it was ever stated they were a couple in the manga. I know they are not in the 90s anime as Minako seems resolutely heterosexual. Besides showing no more interest in Haruka when she found out her true gender she stated in Sailor Stars that when she found out that Yaten was really a girl she lost interest.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:21 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
*sigh* Do y'all need me to whip out a translation comparison of the scene from the Sailor V manga in which Ace talks about the part of their past lives where he (as Adonis) saw Venus and Kunzite standing before each other?

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:07 pm 
Luna
Luna
People who say the DiC dub made Mars an irredeemable b word.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:57 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
LifeGaveMeLemons wrote:
People who say the DiC dub made Mars an irredeemable b word.

Well to be fair she wasn't exactly a nice person, especially to Usagi (Serena in that dub).Lol but I understand.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:15 am 
Stella
Stella
Sabrblade wrote:
*sigh* Do y'all need me to whip out a translation comparison of the scene from the Sailor V manga in which Ace talks about the part of their past lives where he (as Adonis) saw Venus and Kunzite standing before each other?

That would be nice you are usually pretty astute on most matters.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:25 am 
Luna
Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Might as well ask here, but in the 90s anime, why are the music cues sometimes higher or lower pitched than they usually are? I've noticed that this happens more often in Classic. I can't point to any specific examples, but I do recall one instance in the first episode where this happens (it's probably inside the jewelry store).

BTW, I'm talking about any version that uses the Japanese music. The DiC dub doesn't have this problem because of the altered soundtrack.

Matte Lupin!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:22 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
MariaTenebre wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

That would be nice you are usually pretty astute on most matters.
Very well.

Looking at that scene... huh, there's no text there. Ace says nothing in that panel.

We see his memory of Venus and Kunzite facing each other, while Adonis is shown with a saddened look on his own face that, at the very least, implies that he thought that there may have been something going on between the two. But for Venus and Kunzite themselves, neither of them are drawn with any eyes or a mouth (which was a thing Naoko did often in simplifying the art of the manga), so whatever the two of them were thinking or doing in that scene isn't made apparent by their facial expressions (as they have none).

Venus's body language shows her to be turned at a slight angle and in a relaxed state, with her hair and skirt flowing back as though there had either been a breeze blowing or she had just finished walking over to where Kunzite was. While Kunzite himself is drawn under-detailed and rather neutrally ambiguous as far as his general shape and appearance are concerned.

But the flashback itself has no textual commentary given to its context by Ace or anyone else.

What he DOES say, in the panel right next to that flashback panel, is a smart-aleck-y remark about how Venus was always crushing on a bunch of guys in the past, just like how fickle Minako is with her crushing on any good-looking guy in her present life.

Here's a rundown of the different translated versions of his entire past-life recapping (brackets are used to separate word bubbles):

ANViL & Grand Theft Fansubs translation (as much as this version seems so reviled by this fandom):
Quote:
Sailor Venus: "STOP IT! | ACE! JUST WHO ARE YOU? | HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS BORN OF VENUS!?"

Ace: "THAT IS BECAUSE... | I AM ADONIS. | I BURN WITH PASSION FOR YOU. | WE WERE MEANT TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER. I WAS YOUR PHANTOM LOVER"

Sailor Venus (thinking): "THE SIGN OF THE GUARDIAN PLANET VENUS! Is he also Venus's...!?"

Ace: "BUT YOU DO NOT KNOW ME. | IN MY PREVIOUS LIFE, I HAD NO RANK. I WAS A MISERABLE SOLDIER IN A REMOTE REGION. | YOU LIVED IN A PALACE OVERLOOKING VENUS. | THE CHOSEN STRONGEST SAILOR SOLDIER, SHINING BRIGHTLY. | BEFORE LONG, FOR YOUR MISSION... | YOU WENT TO THE RULER OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM, THE MOON. | THAT PLANET, RADIATING UNSURPASSED LIGHT. | A PLANET ETERNALLY UNREACHABLE TO US. | THEN WE WERE BORROWED FOR THE WAR TAKING PLACE ON THE CHIEF PLANET | BY THE SOLDIERS UNDER DIRECT SUPERVISION OF THE PRINCE... | FINALLY MEETING YOU... THE LOVELY GODDESS OF BEAUTY AND WAR..."

*here is the panel where Adonis sees Venus and Kunzite facing each other*

Ace: "THAT REMINDS ME, YOU'VE BEEN FALLING IN LOVE WITH PEOPLE SINCE WAY BACK THEN."

Sailor Venus: "HEY NOW!"

Artemis: "?!"

Ace: "AT THAT MOMENT I KNEW... | IF I COULD JUST CHANGE ONE WHEEL OF FATE... | THE TWO OF US MIGHT FALL IN LOVE... | BUT... | THERE IS ONLY ONE DESTINY! | I WAS BORN INTO THIS WORLD AGAIN... | AND RAISED TO THE STATUS WHERE I CAN CONFRONT YOU!"

Miss Dream translation:
Quote:
Sailor Venus: "STOP IT! | ACE! JUST WHO ARE YOU REALLY? | HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT I WAS REALLY BORN ON VENUS!?"

Ace: "I AM | ADONIS | I BURNED WITH PASSION FOR YOU | WE WERE SUPPOSED TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER. I AM YOUR MYSTICAL LOVER."

Sailor Venus (thinking): "THE MARK OF A VENUS PLANET GUARDIAN! | IS HE ALSO FROM VENUS!?"

Ace: "BUT YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW ME | IN MY PAST LIFE, I DIDN'T HOLD ANY RANK OR TITLE. I WAS A LOWLY SOLDIER FROM A REMOTE REGION | WHILE YOU LIVED OUT YOUR LIFE IN A GRAND PALACE, OVERLOOKING PLANET VENUS. | THE CHOSEN SOLDIER, SHINING BRIGHTLY | BEFORE LONG, YOUR DESTINED MISSION TOOK YOU TO THE MAIN MOON OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM | A PLANET WHICH RADIATED UNRIVALED AMOUNTS OF LIGHT | A PLANET THAT WAS ETERNALLY OUT OF MY REACH | BUT THEN, THERE WAS HOPE FOR ME. WE WERE DRAFTED TO HELP FIGHT THE WAR TAKING PLACE ON THAT BEAUTIFUL PLANET | WE SOLDIERS WERE UNDER THE DIRECT SUPERVISION OF THE PRINCE... | THAT'S WHEN | I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO MEET YOU, A BEAUTIFUL GODDESS AT WAR"

Ace: "THAT REMINDS ME, YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN IN LOVE WITH TONS OF PEOPLE SINCE WAY BACK THEN"

Sailor Venus: "WHAT?!"

Artemis: "IT'S TRUE"

Ace: "BACK THEN I THOUGHT | THAT IF I COULD CHANGE THE WHEELS OF FATE | I MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE TO BECOME YOUR LOVER | HOWEVER | THERE IS ONLY ONE FATE | I WAS REBORN AGAIN ON THIS WORLD WITH YOU | BUT AT LEAST THIS TIME AROUND I'VE BEEN RAISED TO A STATUS WHERE I CAN CONFRONT YOU AS AN EQUAL"

Kodansha translation:
Quote:
Sailor Venus: "Stop it! | Ace! Just who are you?! | How did you know I was born on Venus?!"

Ace: "I am... | ...Adonis. | One who loved you from afar. | The one you should be in love with. The love you could never find."

Sailor Venus (thinking): "It's the mark of a Morning Star protector! | This man is from Venus too...?!"

Ace: "But you don't know me. | In my previous life, I was an unimportant, landless warrior from the hinterlands. | You used to live in the palace looking down upon Venus. | A chosen, shining, symbol of strength, a Sailor Guardian. | Eventually, the order came, and you... | ...went to the moon, the governing body of the solar system. | That world from which endless light emerges... | ...is a world forever beyond the reach of the likes of me and my comrades. | And soon we... | ...were enlisted to fight a war on the moon's master planet. | As soldiers under the direct command of the prince. | I never thought I'd meet...my gorgeous goddess of beauty and war."

Ace: "Come to think of it, you were always falling in love back then too."

Sailor Venus: "WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

Artemis: "You got that right!"

Ace: "Back then, I thought... | ...if the clock of fate had turned slightly differently... | ...then we might have become lovers. | But... | ...there is only one fate allowed to us! | I was born again to this world. | And I was promoted to a position where I can now stand against you!"

As an aside, it looks eerily like Miss Dream merely used the ANViL/GTF version as a base, rather than having made their own translation from the ground up. :o

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:09 am 
Stella
Stella
Again I think this backs up what I have said. While it was stated that Sailor Venus had feelings for Kunzite it was never stated whether those feelings were requited so ultimately in the manga it is up to your interpretation. Of course in Crystal their feelings were requited but that is different.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next