Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What stops you from liking or trying Sera Myu?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:02 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
So it's no secret that I'm a huge fan of the Sailor Moon musicals, affectionately referred to as "Sera Myu" by most. I even had a review thread going on this forum before life got in the way and I had to put it on a hiatus. :(

It's also no secret, though, that the musicals are the most elusive adaptation of Sailor Moon (unless you count things that never ended up being made into a full product, like that Toonmakers Sailor Moon promo). This made sense in the past -- the musicals were only released on VHS (and later on DVD), and fansubs weren't really available for most of them until relatively recently. Of course, this has changed in the present day, and all of the musicals have been fansubbed by Sea of Serenity.

The "new" musicals have been popular with the fans and they've generated a new interest in the older musicals, but you still don't really see people talking about Sera Myu as much as they talk about the manga, the 90s anime, Crystal, and even PGSM. It's kind of sad because they ended up doing a lot of creative work -- I'll always love the Dracul arc in the musicals, for example.

But this isn't a thread for me to extol the virtues of Sera Myu and how awesome I think it is; instead, I want to hear from you guys. What prevents you from giving Sera Myu a try? If you've already tried it, what prevents you from seeing more musicals and becoming a hardcore Myu fan?

I'll go first. Despite my love for Sera Myu, I haven't seen all of the shows. We're all busy with our daily lives and sometimes, it's just easier to sit down for an episode of Sailor Moon or a manga chapter instead of devoting 1.5 to 2.5 hours for a musical experience. I can imagine that with so many musicals to get through, as well as the notion that going in "order" is important for a lot of people (especially since the later Myus sometimes reference the earlier ones with inside jokes, etc.), a lot of SM fans just aren't willing to give it a shot. I can see that.

What else is there? Are you interested in Sera Myu but just "can't" get into it for some reason? Let's talk about it. :)

Post subject: Re: What stops you from liking or trying Sera Myu?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:34 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
If there's one thing that stops me from trying SeraMyu is the length. Also the older musicals' costumes were not that great.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:52 pm 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I love the musicals. I actually prefer the old musicals especially stuff with original content and villains like the Kaguya Island arc, Dracul arc and Dark Sirius arc. I always felt they would be perfect to adapt to new seasons for the 90s anime.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:53 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membership
I'm just not a fan of musical theatre honestly, I guess? I like movies but I don't enjoy watching it on a stage, and even if I like some songs in musicals (rare), I prefer to watch them alone as clips instead of the entire scene. The only exceptions are Disney movies. I could watch Moana and The Little Mermaid every single day for the rest of my life!

The costumes in the new Sera Myu are incredible, though! I always imagine that if SM were a real thing, the costumes would be much more elaborate than they are in Manga/Anime, like the Myu ones. Plus the hair styling is top notch!

PLUS they let Pluto wear black this time. Does anyone know why they kept changing Pluto into a purple senshi as opposed to wearing black like she's supposed to? So weird and annoying.

So yeah, I won't watch because I don't like musicals and it seems to be very long, but I adore the costume designs and the styling.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:02 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Awesome responses so far! Maria, I'm glad you like the musicals as much as (or maybe even more than) I do.

FloraKiraraHime wrote:
If there's one thing that stops me from trying SeraMyu is the length. Also the older musicals' costumes were not that great.

Yeah, the runtime gets a bit ridiculous as the shows go on. I sometimes find it hard to sit through an entire musical in one sitting.

And yes, the early costumes are quite cringe-worthy. Beryl's Christmas tree dress, Princess Serenity's dress, and Farmer Makoto (all from the very first musical) are hilarious in a bad way. I look on them fondly, though, because for me it's interesting to see how much they improved in such a short amount of time.

Serena-Hime wrote:
I'm just not a fan of musical theatre honestly, I guess? I like movies but I don't enjoy watching it on a stage, and even if I like some songs in musicals (rare), I prefer to watch them alone as clips instead of the entire scene. The only exceptions are Disney movies. I could watch Moana and The Little Mermaid every single day for the rest of my life!

The costumes in the new Sera Myu are incredible, though! I always imagine that if SM were a real thing, the costumes would be much more elaborate than they are in Manga/Anime, like the Myu ones. Plus the hair styling is top notch!

PLUS they let Pluto wear black this time. Does anyone know why they kept changing Pluto into a purple senshi as opposed to wearing black like she's supposed to? So weird and annoying.

So yeah, I won't watch because I don't like musicals and it seems to be very long, but I adore the costume designs and the styling.

Lmao, well yeah, if you're not into musicals then you wouldn't like Sera Myu! :evillaugh: The only thing I can say to that, though, is that they feel a bit different from Western musicals. Most Western musicals have songs that really advance the plot, whereas the songs in Sera Myu are mostly devoted to atmosphere, I think. It's hard to explain.

As for Pluto...no idea, I think the Outers in general have had issues with their thematic colors across the franchise (Uranus is mostly depicted with a gold/yellow Uranus symbol, but it's also been shown as dark blue a few times).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:16 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
John wrote:
Most Western musicals have songs that really advance the plot, whereas the songs in Sera Myu are mostly devoted to atmosphere, I think. It's hard to explain.

I kind of get what you mean!

Quote:
As for Pluto...no idea, I think the Outers in general have had issues with their thematic colors across the franchise (Uranus is mostly depicted with a gold/yellow Uranus symbol, but it's also been shown as dark blue a few times).

This is especially annoying to me. Pluto got so little airtime and character development, and all of her merchandise had the same color scheme as Sailor Saturn. I'm really interested in why they did this, though my assumption is that they probably thought black wasn't cute enough for children's merchandise. She's my favorite non-Moon senshi and she's so poorly represented. :angry:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:18 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Location: Quote unquote, "A sinister looking castle known as the dark kingdom"
Other: Dork Kingdom Heir
I'm open to the idea, but I have a lot of other stuff I'd want to do first. Neverminding the rest of life, and other franchises (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha for example), My priority order for completing Sailor Moon products goes in the following order:

N/A. (Whenever I feel like it:) Random cute little Sailor Moon games that are quick to pick up and try, like Panic in Nakayoshi World (which is a lot of fun by the way!) or fanfiction/fancomics/fanart that strikes my interest

1. The (subtitled) '90s anime and the three movies (Done! It's super awesome.)

2. Finding a full translation of that PC Engine game with the Shitennou/Beryl resurrection and voice acting and anime continuity stuff (indefinitely stalled, this game is sadly too obscure)

3. Codename Sailor V manga (Done! Loved it.)

4/5. Tie: The Manga / Another Story for Super Famicom (partway on both, sloooowly working on these. I also have read a lot of synopsis stuff from the manga though.)

6. Crystal (saw the Dark Kingdom arc, it was alright. The rest can wait 'til after the manga though.)

7. Trying the Live Action show.

8. Trying Sera Myu (I'd be willing to try it, but it all sounds strange and I'm not sure if I'd like the loose-sounding storytelling style, I like a really clear plot more than impressionism. More generally, I don't have much experience with musicals one way or another so I'm not sure how I'd feel, but it might be fun.)

?. Watching the rest of the Dark Kingdom arc in the DiC Dub (not sure when I would work this in exactly, but trying Sailor Myu is probably more interesting than that).

I may get around to it eventually! But as Minako would say, there are bigger fish to get eaten by first, and I have a whole list of other, non-Sailor Moon things I want to get done in life. Gotta prioritize.

Do you recommend any particular Sera Myu story? (my favorite Sailor Moon thing in general is season 1 of the 90s anime, if that helps.)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:01 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Mitsukara wrote:
I may get around to it eventually! But as Minako would say, there are bigger fish to get eaten by first, and I have a whole list of other, non-Sailor Moon things I want to get done in life. Gotta prioritize.

Do you recommend any particular Sera Myu story? (my favorite Sailor Moon thing in general is season 1 of the 90s anime, if that helps.)

Yeah, it sounds like you have tons of other SM stories to tackle before you get to the musicals. I'm not sure if you would like Sera Myu or not because most of them are disconnected from one another, except for the Dracul arc. Each show is self-contained, for the most part. Not sure how the new ones work in regards to this.

As for which story I'd recommend for a newbie...that's kind of a tough question. In general, I would recommend 1996 Spring Special Sailor Moon SuperS - (Kaiteiban) Yume Senshi - Ai - Eien ni... Saturn Fukkatsu Hen. It's basically the 1996 Spring show, which was the SuperS revision musical featuring Sailor Saturn. The SuperS musicals work really well because the concept of a traveling circus lends itself really well to musical theater, and this was when Sera Myu started getting REALLY good. It's a revision of the first SuperS musical in that it elaborates on the story a bit more, and generally I prefer the individual performances from this one as well because the actors are more used to their roles.

For you, though...even though it's one of the worst musicals, you might enjoy the very first one: 1993 Summer Special Sailor Moon - Gaiden Dark Kingdom Fukkatsu Hen. It's actually a sequel to the first season/story arc of the Sailor Moon anime from the 90s. This is the ONLY musical, to my knowledge, that makes direct references to events that ONLY happened in the first season of the 90s anime. It also features Luna and Artemis as characters, which thankfully never happens again in Sera Myu, but if you liked them in that arc then they're here for you to enjoy, lol. It's more like a side-story or new/alternate ending to that season. Be warned, though: as the very first musical, it's VERY rough when it comes to the story, the costumes, the choreography...basically, everything about it exists to be improved.

1997 Summer Special Eien Densetsu and its 1998 Winter revision might pique your interest. It's basically Sailor Stars, but Galaxia revives Queen Beryl and the Four Kings/Generals to do her dirty work/distract Sailor Moon. This concept, unfortunately, becomes very played out during the run of Sera Myu. I believe they do similar things in Shin Densetsu Kourin and the Starlights Ryuusei Densetsi/Kakyuu-Ouhi duo.

Of course, if you just want to see the Dark Kingdom story played our directly, your best bet is the 2013 Summer Special La Reconquista, which apparently is just the first arc. Haven't seen it yet myself.

At any rate, save the awesome Dracula musicals for when you're more experienced, if you'd like to even go there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:04 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
I will be honest and hope not to be judged.

Essentially, what prevents from enjoying the Sera Myu musicals is the same that prevents me from enjoying PGSM: the wigs, the costumes, the monsters; it all looks very strange to me. I am okay with tokusatsu shows, I have watched plenty of them, but none in which characters wear so much color. To sum up, the outfits, the wigs, and the idea of depicting colorful manga/anime characters as normal human beings turn me off.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:13 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Personally, I don't like musicals very much.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:18 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Clow wrote:

Essentially, what prevents from enjoying the Sera Myu musicals is the same that prevents me from enjoying PGSM: the wigs, the costumes, the monsters; it all looks very strange to me. I am okay with tokusatsu shows, I have watched plenty of them, but none in which characters wear so much color. To sum up, the outfits, the wigs, and the idea of depicting colorful manga/anime characters as normal human beings turn me off.

No judgment here, Clow. :evillaugh: It's a visual medium, so if you don't like what you're seeing visually, then of course it's gonna be hard to get into. At the very least you're consistent, though -- it makes a lot of sense that this part of your taste carries over to preventing you from enjoying PGSM. Sera Myu definitely requires more suspension of disbelief, though, lmao.

lord Martiya wrote:
Personally, I don't like musicals very much.

Yeah, this is pretty common, I guess. I actually don't like musicals in general either -- something about Myu just enthralls me, though, probably because Japanese performance theater is so different from what you think of when you watch a western musical. Still, if you don't like your characters breaking out into song at all, then Myu probably isn't for you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:59 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I’m also not generally a fan of musical theatre.

I do oddly tend to enjoy when tv shows do musical episodes though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:44 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
Clow wrote:

Clow, I now understand why you can't enjoy PGSM. Don't worry, I won't judge you. I actually apprieciate your honest answer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:49 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
FloraKiraraHime wrote:
Clow wrote:

Clow, I now understand why you can't enjoy PGSM. Don't worry, I won't judge you. I actually apprieciate your honest answer.

And his reason is also totally understandable - it's fine to like or dislike something for reasons like that. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:27 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
Not enough time to watch them now that I'm working. Also, I hate downloading things. I wish there was a site that would stream all the musicals. Plus, I have no clue where to start. I'd rather start from the beginning and work my way to the end. I'm the type of person who needs a checklist of the musicals so I can keep track of which ones I've already watched.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:39 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Neo Queen Serenity wrote:
Not enough time to watch them now that I'm working. Also, I hate downloading things. I wish there was a site that would stream all the musicals. Plus, I have no clue where to start. I'd rather start from the beginning and work my way to the end. I'm the type of person who needs a checklist of the musicals so I can keep track of which ones I've already watched.

Well, if you don't like to download things then that's probably gonna make things difficult, lol. A lot of them are on YouTube but you have to be able to find them, and the translations aren't always great. Maybe someday they'll all be streamed, but it sounds like you'll have to either wait until then, find them on stream sites with the titles, or just get over your aversion to downloading (why do you hate downloading, just curious?). I can't help beyond that. ^_^' But not having time is definitely a fair reason...like I said, there are a lot of musicals and they aren't short.

But if you want a checklist of the musicals in order, I can give you one right here from Wikimoon:

Sailor Moon - Gaiden Dark Kingdom Fukkatsu Hen (1993 Summer Special)
Sailor Moon - Gaiden Dark Kingdom Fukkatsu Hen (Kaiteiban) (1994 Winter Special) Never released on video
Sailor Moon Super Spring Festival (1994 Spring Special) Never released on video
Sailor Moon S - Usagi Ai no Senshi e no Michi (1994 Summer Special)
Sailor Moon S - Henshin - Super Senshi e no Michi (1995 Winter Special) Never released on video
Sailor Moon S - Henshin - Super Senshi e no Michi (Kaiteiban) (1995 Spring Special) Never released on video
Sailor Moon SuperS - Yume Senshi - Ai - Eien ni... (1995 Summer Special)
Sailor Moon SuperS - (Kaiteiban) Yume Senshi - Ai - Eien ni... Saturn Fukkatsu Hen (1996 Spring Special)
Sailor Moon SuperS Special Musical Show (1996 Early Summer Special) Never released on video, I think
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars (1996 Summer Special)
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars (Kaiteiban) (1997 Winter Special)
Eien Densetsu (1997 Summer Special)
Eien Densetsu (Kaiteiban) - The Final First Stage (1998 Winter Special)
Shin Densetsu Kourin (1998 Summer Special)
Kaguya Shima Densetsu (1999 Spring Special)
Kaguya Shima Densetsu (Kaiteiban) Natsuyasumi! Houseki Tankentai (1999 Summer Special)
Shin / Henshin - Super Senshi e no Michi - Last Dracul Jokyoku (2000 Winter Special)
Kessen / Transylvania no Mori - Shin Toujou! Chibi Moon wo Mamoru Senshi-tachi (2000 Summer Special)
Kessen / Transylvania no Mori (Kaiteiban) - Saikyou no Kataki Dark Cain no Nazo (2001 Winter Special)
Last Dracul Saishuu Shou - Chou Wakusei Death Vulcan no Fuuin (2001 Spring Special)
Tanjou! Ankoku no Princess Black Lady (2001 Summer Special)
Tanjou! Ankoku no Princess Black Lady (Kaiteiban) - Wakusei Nemesis no Nazo (2002 Winter Special)
10th Anniversary Festival - Ai no Sanctuary (2002 Spring Special)
Mugen Gakuen - Mistress Labyrinth (2002 Summer Special)
Mugen Gakuen - Mistress Labyrinth (Kaiteiban) (2003 Winter Special)
Starlights - Ryuusei Densetsu (2003 Summer Special)
Kakyuu-Ouhi Kourin - The Second Stage Final (2004 Winter Special)
Shin Kaguya Shima Densetsu (2004 Summer Special)
Shin Kaguya Shima Densetsu (Kaiteiban) - Marinamoon Final (2005 Winter Special)
La Reconquista (2013 Summer Special)
Petite Étrangère (2014 Summer Special)
Un Nouveau Voyage (2015 Autumn Special)
Amour Eternal (2016 Autumn Special)
Le Mouvement Final (2017 Autumn Special)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:03 am 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
mainly because i don't have time to watch :sad: i occasionally see random clips on yt and like 'em.But i'm not sure that i can watch full musical in the near future

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:07 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: No.1 Mercury Fanboy
Mostly Inavalibility and conflicting schedules. This isn't New Silver Millenium, you can't be 20 forever.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:49 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Location: Quote unquote, "A sinister looking castle known as the dark kingdom"
Other: Dork Kingdom Heir
Clow wrote:
To sum up, the outfits, the wigs, and the idea of depicting colorful manga/anime characters as normal human beings turn me off.

Honesty is good, and moreover everyone has a right to opinions. :)

I agree that it winds up being kind of odd, but, while I don't think real people are necessarily all that pretty (in general) compared to anime artwork, I personally kinda like the colorful costumes and outfits and hair!

The reason for me is that I wish people expressed more bright diversity in real life; to me the creepy thing is when everyone around me wants to wear the same drab-colored T shirts and jeans/khakis, and makes me second guess wearing pretty dresses ^_^'

Likewise, even though I've never tried dying my hair (I might; already getting significant gray roots at age 28, bleh), I wish exciting rainbow hair colors were more common. (Even more than that, I wish glasses stores sold completely-circular glasses, and more large glasses in general. Why is the 'meganekko' look not more of a thing in real life in the modern US?)

But I suppose there's something to be said for a person's natural appearance, and wearing a bright blue wig kind of overrides/undermines that, certainly.

John wrote:
It also features Luna and Artemis as characters, which thankfully never happens again in Sera Myu

It seems strange to me that Luna and Artemis aren't in most of these musicals, since their assistance is so core of a thing in the anime and manga... but then again, seeing some screenshots of the first musical, apparently they tried to do them as humans in Axe Cop/Tin Nyanko-style Cat Suits, which is the most awkward way I can imagine! Especially since they don't have masks! (More generally, I can see what you mean about that one having bad costumes.)

I would think they would want to do what PGSM does and make them dangling plushies on strings, or some other sort of puppets, with the voices coming from offstage. Or have them transform into their human forms (that'd be simplest). Or try to herd real cats on the stage! (probably not that)

That said, I have no clue why PGSM didn't use real cats. Sabrina the Teenage Witch could do it, right? =^_^=

(Also, this is off-topic, but how and why did "PGSM" come to refer to the live action show? Kodansha calls the current manga releases "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon", and it's a loose reinterpretation of Bishoujo Senshi, "pretty girl soldier".)

John wrote:
In general, I would recommend 1996 Spring Special Sailor Moon SuperS - (Kaiteiban) Yume Senshi - Ai - Eien ni... Saturn Fukkatsu Hen.

Quote:
1997 Summer Special Eien Densetsu and its 1998 Winter revision might pique your interest. It's basically Sailor Stars, but Galaxia revives Queen Beryl and the Four Kings/Generals

Quote:
even though it's one of the worst musicals, you might enjoy the very first one: 1993 Summer Special Sailor Moon - Gaiden Dark Kingdom Fukkatsu Hen.

It makes a lot of sense that the circus themes would lend themselves well to a stage show... but I am curious about the storyline of Galaxia trying to revive Beryl and the Shitennou as minions! (I'd have been jumping up and down withe excitement if that happened in the 90s anime continuity.) I'll keep your recommendation in mind for when I get there.

And I may try the goofy first one sometime, bearing in mind that it's the goofy first one. (It seems like the untranslated PC Engine game is closer to what I'm looking for for that kind of plot concept, though.)

I didn't know they adapted stories more directly- I presume it's based on the manga version? It might be intriguing to compare to Crystal, but dang, there sure are a lot of versions of the Dark Kingdom story, to have only one with the Naru/Nephrite and Kunzite/Zoisite relationships.

I take it you consider the Dracul arc the best? I must admit that I'm amused at the idea of Dracula being in Sailor Moon (I'm familiar with the likes of the Universal and Hammer films, with Bela Lugosi or Christopher Lee, as well as various Castlevania games), but when I get past that I can sort of imagine how it might work.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:24 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Is it really worth watching? I don't much into musicles. Plus, the actresses don't look alike to Senshi if you ask me. And costumes look raw, droop and unmagical.
Attachment:
454764.jpg
454764.jpg [ 105.74 KiB | Viewed 504 times ]

Attachment:
tumblr_static_73xu35ti71s8okc84koso0w4w.jpg
tumblr_static_73xu35ti71s8okc84koso0w4w.jpg [ 51.5 KiB | Viewed 505 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:21 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: Married to Litacan
Really nothing in particular is stopping me from seeing the musicals beyond the big ol' being-in-Australia problem. I do have a general reservation against musicals but that's only because most of the musicals I've seen were bad - no one can unring that terrible casting choice for Pierce Brosnan in Mama Mia, stick to your day job mate - so I do have an unreasonable bias, but I am open minded and want to find out about where I can see them. I had the same problem for PGSM until recently and now I'm kinda liking it, I've gotten over the initial cringe.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:58 am 
Stella
Stella
Personally I loved all of the Sera Myu I have watched so far. I personally love musicals, the more flashy, colorful and ornate the better. My favorite non Sailor Moon Musical is Wicked. I do like the Sailor Moon Musicals. My only complaint is that on certain of them the plot can be very confusing and strange and certain characters like for instance Sailor Astarte do not get the attention or time devoted to them that they deserve.

Also I do agree with John I love the Dracul musicals. They are my favorite of the musicals. I even adapted the arc to be my very own sixth season. You can even see my designs for certain characters like De Brinvillers, Gilles de Rais, Elizabeth Bathory and Lilith of Darkness on my deviantart page.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:06 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
No official translation, and an earlier poster said the translations existing can be dodgy.

Listened to the soundtracks though, and they're good.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:29 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I'm not a fan of musicals, for the most part. Time is another factor. I like getting the most out of what I have, so I tend to prefer reading or watching shorter stuff to spending that length of time on only one thing.

But I DO plan on watching them at some point, both the old and new. It's the only part of the franchise I have yet to explore, now that I've finished PGSM.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:20 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Honestly I'm just lazy. I mean I do wanna get around to watching the musicals (especially the newest ones because their Uranus and Neptune *wipes sweat* WEW) but I just haven't had the time to.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:57 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I am not really that into stage musicals. I mean I am glad people enjoy it but I think it's very limited in what can be done and I am just not into using my imagination that much. I wasn't much of a fan of PGSM for example but I felt like the show seemed at its best when the characters were not in the cheap looking wigs and costumes and just appeared as regular teens.