Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sailor Moon STD Campaign failure?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:08 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
http://m.scmp.com/news/asia/east-asia/a ... ssion=true

So much for Japan using a cute anime girl to fight diseases. *shrugs*

We stand in awe at that which cannot be seen - Rukia Kuchiki

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon STD Campaign failure?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:20 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I don't know if this is true but I definitely never would have thought this would help anyone in the first place. I mean I am pretty sure Sailor Moon collectors are the only ones that would find any interest in those sorts of leaflets and paraphernalia. I mean I guess stuff like this is fun to look at in my opinion I find it amusing but we are talking about teenagers and grown women here if they are not using protection it's because they are lacking in sex education or because they are being pressured not to or are too embarrassed to seek it out.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:14 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maybe the figure would be even higher w/o the campaign? lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:12 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

Or maybe those Sailor Moon condoms would be more effective if they weren't outsourced to the same South-Asian countries with cheap labor force where Crystal was made, and thus didn't have the same "quality" issues. P-:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:54 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
Maraviollantes wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

Or maybe those Sailor Moon condoms would be more effective if they weren't outsourced to the same South-Asian countries with cheap labor force where Crystal was made, and thus didn't have the same "quality" issues. P-:

:loltext: :loltext: :loltext:

"Sailor Moon got me pregnant, thanks TOEI"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:56 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Clow wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

:loltext: :loltext: :loltext:

"Sailor Moon got me pregnant, thanks TOEI"

Tell that to your "accidental" kids when they've grown old enough to ask how they came to this world. :lol:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:39 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I don't think the rise of STDs could be contributed directly to this campaign "failing". What would have been nice and probably more effecting though, instead of just having the condoms, would be to provide sex ed. promoted through the use of these mascots. Lack of proper sex ed is really the root of the problem

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:36 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
mewfelicia wrote:
What would have been nice and probably more effecting though, instead of just having the condoms, would be to provide sex ed. promoted through the use of these mascots.

They could reenact the famous scene with Mamoru kissing drunk Usagi on the balcony with a new twist: Luna jumps to the scene and begins to educate kids on how alcohol intoxication can result in unprotected sex and STDs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:07 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Maraviollantes wrote:
mewfelicia wrote:
What would have been nice and probably more effecting though, instead of just having the condoms, would be to provide sex ed. promoted through the use of these mascots.

They could reenact the famous scene with Mamoru kissing drunk Usagi on the balcony with a new twist: Luna jumps to the scene and begins to educate kids on how alcohol intoxication can result in unprotected sex and STDs.

Similarly, they could also invite Takeuchi to draw a short manga elaborating on that bed scene of Usagi & Mamoru in the manga, teaching readers about the importance of using condoms & how to use them. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:58 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Similarly, they could also invite Takeuchi to draw a short manga elaborating on that bed scene of Usagi & Mamoru in the manga, teaching readers about the importance of using condoms & how to use them. :)

I know a certain someone here who doesn't want to see :tuxspeedomask:'s junk used for educational purposes. :mischief:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:47 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
rgveda99 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

I know a certain someone here who doesn't want to see :tuxspeedomask:'s junk used for educational purposes. :mischief:

you know it, instead have Ikuko and Kenji do it or human Luna and Artemis P-:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:10 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Prince Rose wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

you know it, instead have Ikuko and Kenji do it or human Luna and Artemis P-:

I think the latter would be more fun. :luna: :artemis:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:23 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
I think the latter would be more fun. :luna: :artemis:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:29 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ Oh yeah! =^_^=

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:54 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Abridged :luna:: Artemis, is that your tail? :question: