Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

How's thing?
Both are lesbians. 61%  61%  [ 70 ]
Michiru is bisexual. 31%  31%  [ 36 ]
Haruka is bisexual. 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
They're both bisexuals. 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 114
 Post subject: Re: Are Haruka and Michiru both lesbians?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:54 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 16 months ago
inactive
Starpower67 wrote:
I agree. I think based on their flirty attitudes with others. Haruka seemed to flirt only with girls where Michiru flirted more with men. Haruka was the bigger flirt though, and I often wondered if Mirchiru ever grew tired of her constant promiscuous attitude.

If you've ever seen the SuperS special episode featuring them, I'd say the answer to that is a big fat yes. ^_^'

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:56 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
Lunar Archivist wrote:
Starpower67 wrote:
I agree. I think based on their flirty attitudes with others. Haruka seemed to flirt only with girls where Michiru flirted more with men. Haruka was the bigger flirt though, and I often wondered if Mirchiru ever grew tired of her constant promiscuous attitude.

If you've ever seen the SuperS special episode featuring them, I'd say the answer to that is a big fat yes. ^_^'

Yeah, I tend to think that Mirchiru flirting with men was more about getting back at Haruka for her constant flirting. I hope at some point Haruka quit being such a flirt with others for Mirchiru's sake, even though that was a big part of Haruka's personality.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:45 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Although Michiru flirts with both Seiya and Mamoru, and yeah, I can see her loving Haruka just because she's Haruka---I do kinda feel that Michiru is just a straight up lesbian. Like, I see her like Carmen from The L Word--femme, but is a "gold star"--a lesbian who has never been with a man. I can see Michiru realizing her attraction to women very early on and perhaps it's why she's very reserved.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:13 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Usapon wrote:
Lunar Archivist wrote:
Usapon wrote:
I know, but it still bothers me. I find it awkward, kind of stupid and ignorant to fall for a person without actually knowing him/her.

And yet the entire contemporary dating process is based around this. Go figure.

:tongue: If you mean blind dating, I never really got the idea of that anyway.

Sailor Swifty wrote:
Michiru flirting with Seyia dose not count as Seyia is really a woman.

Well Seiya was a man at that very moment, and even the audience didn't know her real gender then.

because the audience like the rest of Japan doesn't even know who Sailor moon really is XD

she can still be a lesbian and have a small flirt with a guy. she could be Bi-curios. she isn't bi but is curios about the other gender. i think that most people can be bi-curios.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:59 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ The main point is that Seiya was physically male in the anime. :wink:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:49 pm 
inactive
Usapon wrote:

I'm talking more about how the dating game works in general.

Let's take something as simple as, say, eating at a fancy restaurant. In the absolute worst case scenario, you have two people dressing up in clothes they wouldn't normally be wearing, investing more time and effort into grooming than they might otherwise be inclined to, dining at a locale they wouldn't normally visit (possibly due to financial reasons), and putting sanitized versions of their true selves up on display (if not outright pretending to be people that they're not).

Call me crazy, but there's something seriously screwy about the notion that you can get to know a person better when the only genuine things in the immediate vicinity are the flowers in the vase on your table. (And even those might be fake depending on the restaurant.) If you wanted to get a more honest picture of a person, you'd probably be better off meeting them at three in the morning at the local doughnut shop for a midnight snack while both of you are dressed in your pajamas. :tongue:

Sailor Swifty wrote:
she can still be a lesbian and have a small flirt with a guy. she could be Bi-curios. she isn't bi but is curios about the other gender. i think that most people can be bi-curios.

The reason I'm leaning towards bisexual when it comes to Michiru (at least as far as the anime is concerned) has to do with Haruka's reaction. If Michiru were 100% lesbian - and Haruka, of all people, is in a position to know what her sexual preferences are - why the heck would she care if she flirted with guys? There would be zero chance of anything happening.

Michiru gets jealous of Haruka flirting with girls because she knows that, in some crazy, absolute worst case scenario, she might actually succeed in seducing them. I'd wager that Haruka gets jealous of Michiru flirting with guys for the exact same reason.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:21 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Lunar Archivist wrote:
Usapon wrote:

Let's take something as simple as, say, eating at a fancy restaurant. In the absolute worst case scenario, you have two people dressing up in clothes they wouldn't normally be wearing, investing more time and effort into grooming than they might otherwise be inclined to, dining at a locale they wouldn't normally visit (possibly due to financial reasons), and putting sanitized versions of their true selves up on display (if not outright pretending to be people that they're not).

Call me crazy, but there's something seriously screwy about the notion that you can get to know a person better when the only genuine things in the immediate vicinity are the flowers in the vase on your table. (And even those might be fake depending on the restaurant.) If you wanted to get a more honest picture of a person, you'd probably be better off meeting them at three in the morning at the local doughnut shop for a midnight snack while both of you are dressed in your pajamas. :tongue:

That's always been how most dating works in present days, which's also quite understandable & even natural - the couple would get to know the truer self of each other in due course anyway, maybe sometime after marriage, tho in some rarer cases, they'd never really/entirely know for the rest of their life. XD

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:19 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 8 months ago
inactive
Sailor Swifty wrote:
because the audience like the rest of Japan doesn't even know who Sailor moon really is XD

And that is relevant, because...? :P (It still doesn't remove the fact that Seiya really was a guy, physically, and Neptune had absolutely no idea that Fighter was a girl. Besides, the audience does know who Sailor Moon is. P-: )

Lunar Archivist wrote:

Oh, well, I think I get that. ^_^' You're right.

By the way, I didn't remember this was my topic. Gosh.

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.. Dear.
Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:38 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
Just because you flirt with someone doesn't mean you're attracted, it just means you like to get a rise out of that person for your own amusement or rather a rise out of your own partner (without being truly interested).

Personal experience.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:35 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 55 months ago
inactive
I suppose they are. They're always together =^_^=

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:25 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 31 months ago
inactive
Lunar Archivist wrote:
Usapon wrote:

That's your judgment but I would disagree since it is based around your own notions of what makes identity and what is a person presenting their "true" selves. I disagree because I don't see getting dressed up and groomed as a reflection of creating some false representation so much as the opposite in that by practicing good hygiene, styling my hair (I wear a pompadour) and wearing clothes I've worked hard for and chosen with extreme care, I'm eliminating disorder and a soiled appearance to showcase what I feel is really there; which, if you forgive my vanity, I think is a polished version of myself than, like you said, some three AM pajama clad brute.

If that still sounds like some fourteen year old caking on make-up, look at it my way: the body is a temple, a temple that is left unkempt becomes inelegant, falls into disrepair and eventually falls apart. Or a garden that is not maintained gives way to the chaotic whims of nature; if you don't pull the weeds, they overtake the garden; if you neglect proper watering of your plants, they'll wither away; if you don't prune a bush, it's shape runs the risk of screwing up proportion. True, there are people who cake on make up and dress obnoxiously but the imbalance of how they are presenting themselves is usually what stands out to us and we call unattractive.

I very rarely just slink out of the house in random clothing even for a cup of coffee for two reasons: the first is that I feel empowered and confident when I am dressed in a way that shows me off in a flattering way. The second reason is that I live in a place where I tend to run into someone I know or have opportunities to meet new people and if either of those things is to happen, I don't want to show them a version of myself that I don't even feel comfortable in. People feel physically comfortable in unflattering clothing and loungewear but the phrase "I wouldn't be caught dead in yadda yadda" stems from the fact that some of us feel very misrepresented and uncomfortable in clothing that belongs at home. For two years I was involved with someone who felt the same way and we were always complimented on how handsome a couple we were because we viewed just expressing ourselves externally as an opportunity to enrich and add another facet to our personality - that which we call style.

Having dinner at a nice place isn't necessarily "fake" to me since it happens rather frequently whether I am single, dating or committed so having a wardrobe and the ability to dress for the occasion makes it perfectly genuine to me. It may not be a week to week thing but it certainly happens enough to warrant my own enjoyment (hence the frequency) and investment in myself for it.

Lunar Archivist wrote:
Sailor Swifty wrote:

The reason I'm leaning towards bisexual when it comes to Michiru (at least as far as the anime is concerned) has to do with Haruka's reaction. If Michiru were 100% lesbian - and Haruka, of all people, is in a position to know what her sexual preferences are - why the heck would she care if she flirted with guys? There would be zero chance of anything happening.

Michiru gets jealous of Haruka flirting with girls because she knows that, in some crazy, absolute worst case scenario, she might actually succeed in seducing them. I'd wager that Haruka gets jealous of Michiru flirting with guys for the exact same reason.

It's funny that you mention that cos I'm seeing two scenes in my head: one from the anime where Haruka flirts with the maid and from the manga when Michiru is meeting a fan of hers and Haruka swoops on in, literally, in between because she's threatened in spite of loving and trusting Michiru. There is a very noticeable emphasis on Michiru's face that looks rather exhausted and somewhat disappointed when she catches Haruka's flirtation but she doesn't dwell on it, which I liked since it strengthened what is probably the strongest representation of an otherwise healthy loving relationship in the series. Hell, Sailor Uranus kisses Sailor Moon and seems to love her just as much, if not more than, Sailor Neptune but Michiru doesn't seem bothered because deep down she knows Haruka is devoted to her.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:55 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
When Michiru is flirting with Seiya it's clear that she has an ulterior motive because she thinks that Seiya is suspicious. Also it seems that she knows that Haruka is coming to visit her in her dressing room so it seems that she's just trying to get a rise out of Haruka (as has been mentioned). So at least in the anime I would say she's not bisexual based on any evidence given.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:20 am 
inactive
haifen wrote:
That's your judgment but I would disagree since it is based around your own notions of what makes identity and what is a person presenting their "true" selves. I disagree because I don't see getting dressed up and groomed as a reflection of creating some false representation so much as the opposite in that by practicing good hygiene, styling my hair (I wear a pompadour) and wearing clothes I've worked hard for and chosen with extreme care, I'm eliminating disorder and a soiled appearance to showcase what I feel is really there; which, if you forgive my vanity, I think is a polished version of myself than, like you said, some three AM pajama clad brute.

If that still sounds like some fourteen year old caking on make-up, look at it my way: the body is a temple, a temple that is left unkempt becomes inelegant, falls into disrepair and eventually falls apart. Or a garden that is not maintained gives way to the chaotic whims of nature; if you don't pull the weeds, they overtake the garden; if you neglect proper watering of your plants, they'll wither away; if you don't prune a bush, it's shape runs the risk of screwing up proportion.

Perhaps I didn't express make myself clear. I'm not talking about letting yourself go until you're some unkempt, blotchy-skinned lump who hasn't bathed or brushed their teeth in a week and looks like they've slept in the clothes they're wearing. No one wants that. Based on your description of yourself, you take pride in being well-groomed and manicured and do your best to maintain that appearance all the time. And I tip my hat to you for that. Not everyone's like that, though. When it comes to girls, I prefer seeing what the "three A.M. pajama clad brute" looks like because that's what I'm going to be waking up to every morning (unless she gets up early and makes herself up just for me). :) It just strikes me as more honest. I also prefer girls dressed in jeans, t-shirts, sneakers with minimal cosmetic enhancement over women who can barely walk straight in their seven inch heels and look like they've applied their makeup with a trowel. Different strokes for different folks. *shrugs*

Also, when I used the word "sanitized" in my original rant, I was referring to behavior and not appearance. Polish is fine. I'm talking about presenting yourself as something that you're clearly not when it comes to behavior, values, and disposition. Again, I'm not suggesting anyone turn off the charm and be disturbingly honest to the point of obnoxiousness. A little reservation is always good. But don't try and act like the polar opposite of who you really are.

haifen wrote:
It's funny that you mention that cos I'm seeing two scenes in my head: one from the anime where Haruka flirts with the maid and from the manga when Michiru is meeting a fan of hers and Haruka swoops on in, literally, in between because she's threatened in spite of loving and trusting Michiru. There is a very noticeable emphasis on Michiru's face that looks rather exhausted and somewhat disappointed when she catches Haruka's flirtation but she doesn't dwell on it, which I liked since it strengthened what is probably the strongest representation of an otherwise healthy loving relationship in the series. Hell, Sailor Uranus kisses Sailor Moon and seems to love her just as much, if not more than, Sailor Neptune but Michiru doesn't seem bothered because deep down she knows Haruka is devoted to her.

I remember the maid scene differently. Michiru flashed Haruka more than a few dirty looks and looked pretty ☹ annoyed by her antics. Haruka went through most of that scene with a rather awkward, sheepish look on her face, like a kid who'd been caught with their hand in the cookie jar. ^_^'

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:12 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ I think those really faking, whether in their appearance or behaviors, or both, have actually also shown their true selves/characters already. :P

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:23 am 
inactive
kamen_glider wrote:
When Michiru is flirting with Seiya it's clear that she has an ulterior motive because she thinks that Seiya is suspicious. Also it seems that she knows that Haruka is coming to visit her in her dressing room so it seems that she's just trying to get a rise out of Haruka (as has been mentioned). So at least in the anime I would say she's not bisexual based on any evidence given.

Ishtar wrote:
Just because you flirt with someone doesn't mean you're attracted, it just means you like to get a rise out of that person for your own amusement or rather a rise out of your own partner (without being truly interested).

Personal experience.

I suppose it depends on the person, then. :P I wouldn't flirt with a man under any circumstances.

Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:23 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Usapon wrote:
kamen_glider wrote:

Ishtar wrote:

Personal experience.

I suppose it depends on the person, then. :P I wouldn't flirt with a man under any circumstances.

Because you only flirt w/ girls? :yoshi:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:40 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Usapon wrote:
kamen_glider wrote:

Ishtar wrote:

Personal experience.

Because you only flirt w/ girls? :yoshi:

Heh, I hardly flirt with anyone at all, since I'm oblivious and self-conscious. ^_^' But if I'd do flirting, I'd definitely do it to girls and girls only. I don't even want to smile to men I don't know (unless it's for politeness' sake, as in smiling to a bus driver) in case they get ideas.

That sounded absolutely horrible, I'm sorry. ^_^'

Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:18 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Usapon wrote:
Heh, I hardly flirt with anyone at all, since I'm oblivious and self-conscious. ^_^' But if I'd do flirting, I'd definitely do it to girls and girls only. I don't even want to smile to men I don't know (unless it's for politeness' sake, as in smiling to a bus driver) in case they get ideas.

That sounded absolutely horrible, I'm sorry. ^_^'

It didn't sound horrible, I'm kinda the same on that matter... :P . I mean, I do not really flirt at all, actually, but if I had the feeling that someone might confuse his/her feelings about me (and I don't particularly feel atracted to that person XD ), I usually try to be rather cold, to avoid any trouble =^_^=

EDIT: OMG, I COULD QUOTE, I'M SO HAPPY!!!! hahahahahahahahahaha, I know: "you quoted, big deal, who cares" ... XD , but it's the first time I do it in a forum, for some reason, I thought it would be a difficult thing (don't know I thought so, though :P ), but it wasn't, I feel so amazing right now :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:35 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
C-17 wrote:
OMG, I COULD QUOTE, I'M SO HAPPY!!!! hahahahahahahahahaha, I know: "you quoted, big deal, who cares" ... XD , but it's the first time I do it in a forum, for some reason, I thought it would be a difficult thing (don't know I thought so, though :P ), but it wasn't, I feel so amazing right now :lol:

Congrats! :keke:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:53 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
C-17 wrote:
OMG, I COULD QUOTE, I'M SO HAPPY!!!! hahahahahahahahahaha, I know: "you quoted, big deal, who cares" ... XD , but it's the first time I do it in a forum, for some reason, I thought it would be a difficult thing (don't know I thought so, though :P ), but it wasn't, I feel so amazing right now :lol:

Wow, congrats!! ^_^ :cookie:

Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:32 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Usapon wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
C-17 wrote:

Thank you both!! and I like to receive a cookie, it only adds to the general stupidity of my post... XD

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:36 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
C-17 wrote:
Usapon wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

Thank you both!! and I like to receive a cookie, it only adds to the general stupidity of my post... XD

If so, here's one from me, too. :cookie:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:22 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
C-17 wrote:
Usapon wrote:

Now we're all stupid. ^_^

Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:07 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
C-17 wrote:
Usapon wrote:

I'll have to go on diet, since those cookies seem to contain chocolate (not that I'm really complaining about it anyways... XD )

Usapon wrote:
Now we're all stupid. ^_^

I don't mind being stupid as long as I have free cookies :P

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:07 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'd dare to say that Michiru is bi because she reacted positively when Seiya was flirting her.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:53 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 54 months ago
inactive
in the US version, they are close friends, they would be possibly construed as ambigiously gay, (which means maybe into women, maybe not.)

in the japanese version however; it is more obvious that they are more than friends, and the way they talk to eachother, sleep in the same bed, and same home, and i believe they may have kissed at one point.
they are both Lesbians.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:56 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Rcj8993 wrote:
in the US version, they are close friends, they would be possibly construed as ambigiously gay, (which means maybe into women, maybe not.)

I think they're cousins in the dub? :confused:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:59 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 54 months ago
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Rcj8993 wrote:

maybe, its been a while since ive seen it...
tho im looking here for the answer http://www.smuncensored.com/
but it seems to be just a site about sailormoon, and i cant find a topic listind the differences, just synopsis of the story and whatnot...

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:03 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Rcj8993 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Rcj8993 wrote:

maybe, its been a while since ive seen it...
tho im looking here for the answer http://www.smuncensored.com/
but it seems to be just a site about sailormoon, and i cant find a topic listind the differences, just synopsis of the story and whatnot...

I'm pretty sure they're cousins in the dub, even tho I've never really watched it. :P

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:03 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Rcj8993 wrote:

Don't you think. They are cousins indead

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next