Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

How's thing?
Both are lesbians. 61%  61%  [ 70 ]
Michiru is bisexual. 31%  31%  [ 36 ]
Haruka is bisexual. 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
They're both bisexuals. 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 114
 Post subject: Re: Are Haruka and Michiru both lesbians?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:49 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 87 months ago
inactive
Grisznak wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Iluminati91 wrote:
whereas I think it woul be impossible for Haruka to have a boyfriend :D.

No, it's possible - a gay man having a crush w/ her w/o knowing that she's female (& she plays w/ him for fun). :D

That's a great idea for a fanfic, Rika. I'll keep it in mind.

I hope you`re gonna share it with us if it`s ready :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:59 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 12 months ago
inactive
Iluminati91 wrote:
Grisznak wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
No, it's possible - a gay man having a crush w/ her w/o knowing that she's female (& she plays w/ him for fun). :D

IF is a keyword here. But my muse returned to me last days, so who knows... but even if, it will be in polish only.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:31 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 87 months ago
inactive
Grisznak wrote:
Iluminati91 wrote:
Grisznak wrote:

IF is a keyword here. But my muse returned to me last days, so who knows... but even if, it will be in polish only.

That`s no problem for me :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:53 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm not sure the poll options make much sense. Bisexuals are lesbians, but not all lesbians are bisexual. Are they lesbians? Yes of course. Are one or both of them also bisexual? Maybe, but that's another question. It seems to be insinuated that Michiru might also like guys, but not so much for Haruka, but that doesn't really take anything away from their relationships.

As for the "spectrum" of sexuality, that's quite a can of worms. There are some people who are somewhere in the spectrum, and we call them bisexual. The rest are either just straight or just gay. There may be a bit off fuzziness for "mostly all gay" or "mostly all straight" people, but it's as dishonest to say that everyone's bi as it is to say that everyone's really straight. Also, though it's not popular to say it sometimes, a lot of lesbians fall more into the bisexual spectrum than men who are more likely to be full on straight or gay. We can talk about social pressures until the end of time but to me it seems like this may just be another in a long line of differences between men and women.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:57 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 32 months ago
inactive
Maraviollantes wrote:
Yen-sama wrote:

And a lot of people think I'm bi too, but I'm straight. In fact, I have flirted with girls in the past, for shits and giggles, but I still identify as being straight.

Then that raises the question what bisexuality is? Are there any criteria when a person can be considered bisexual even if he/she doesn't acknowledge that? I remember some time ago watching a show about some pop celebrity (don't remember the name of the guy, though), who said he had anal sex with his gay friend, and yet accented the fact that he *identifies* himself as straight (and the only ground for that is him stating so, obviously). :P

Whether someone is homosexual or not is entirely up to the person. Anyone else's thoughts is merely speculatio.

And since Haruka and Michiru are fictional characters, their aspects are entirely up to their creator.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:13 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
aDam wrote:
I'm not sure the poll options make much sense. Bisexuals are lesbians, but not all lesbians are bisexual. Are they lesbians? Yes of course. Are one or both of them also bisexual? Maybe, but that's another question. It seems to be insinuated that Michiru might also like guys, but not so much for Haruka, but that doesn't really take anything away from their relationships.

As for the "spectrum" of sexuality, that's quite a can of worms. There are some people who are somewhere in the spectrum, and we call them bisexual. The rest are either just straight or just gay. There may be a bit off fuzziness for "mostly all gay" or "mostly all straight" people, but it's as dishonest to say that everyone's bi as it is to say that everyone's really straight.

Yeah of course, bisexuality & homosexuality aren't mutually exclusive concepts, nor are bisexuality & heterosexuality, hence bisexuals are both lesbians/gays & heterosexuals - that's why they're called "bisexuals" in the 1st place. :wink:

Yen-sama wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
Yen-sama wrote:

And a lot of people think I'm bi too, but I'm straight. In fact, I have flirted with girls in the past, for shits and giggles, but I still identify as being straight.

Then that raises the question what bisexuality is? Are there any criteria when a person can be considered bisexual even if he/she doesn't acknowledge that? I remember some time ago watching a show about some pop celebrity (don't remember the name of the guy, though), who said he had anal sex with his gay friend, and yet accented the fact that he *identifies* himself as straight (and the only ground for that is him stating so, obviously). :P

Whether someone is homosexual or not is entirely up to the person. Anyone else's thoughts is merely speculatio.

There're professionally established objective, clinical criterias for various sexual orientations, tho.

Quote:
And since Haruka and Michiru are fictional characters, their aspects are entirely up to their creator.

That doesn't forebid the readers/audience to make interpretations different from the creator's original intentions, tho, just like you can interpret a piece of art in whatever ways you like - sometimes the artist even deliberately leaves rooms/ambiguities in his/her works for the audience to have their own personal interpretations. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:14 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 93 months ago
inactive
I think Michiru might be bi, she just happend to love Haruka and it doesn't matter if Harura would be a girl or a boy - she just LOVES her, that's it. Gender doesn't matter - if Haruka would be a boy i think things would be the same.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:21 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Didn't Naoko say that they were in a lesbian relationship only, that's a huge difference from being exclusively lesbians.

We stand in awe at that which cannot be seen - Rukia Kuchiki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:35 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 9 months ago
inactive
Chupa wrote:
I think Michiru might be bi, she just happend to love Haruka and it doesn't matter if Harura would be a girl or a boy - she just LOVES her, that's it. Gender doesn't matter - if Haruka would be a boy i think things would be the same.

Oh that fact is true sometimes... because some people don,t love because of the sexuality but first they love just somone for what he/she is... so all these people are be because yeah they can love a woman, but also a man. But Michiru in the story just loves Haruka and may be never thought about someone else.

らきこ http://rakikohime.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:32 am 
inactive
aDam wrote:
I'm not sure the poll options make much sense. Bisexuals are lesbians, but not all lesbians are bisexual. Are they lesbians? Yes of course.

Then someone taught me all wrong. :(

I was told that bisexuals are people who are attracted to both genders. Lesbian is a female who are attracted to female, not men. Gays are males who are attracted towards males, not female. The latter two can be called "homosexuals" (I'm not sure how it translates, tough. P-: ) Straight, a hetero prefers the opposite gender.
So what I'm trying to say is that bisexuals aren't lesbians because lesbians don't prefer men, bisexuals do.

Simple, isn't it? :happy:

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.. Dear.
Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:22 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 21 months ago
inactive
Hmm... I remember, that in Material Collection, there was written about Michiru, that she is a type, who may (or can? not quite sure, russian translation :oh: ) live without men.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:06 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Mimi-chan wrote:
aDam wrote:
I'm not sure the poll options make much sense. Bisexuals are lesbians, but not all lesbians are bisexual. Are they lesbians? Yes of course.

Then someone taught me all wrong. :(

I was told that bisexuals are people who are attracted to both genders. Lesbian is a female who are attracted to female, not men. Gays are males who are attracted towards males, not female. The latter two can be called "homosexuals" (I'm not sure how it translates, tough. P-: ) Straight, a hetero prefers the opposite gender.
So what I'm trying to say is that bisexuals aren't lesbians because lesbians don't prefer men, bisexuals do.

Simple, isn't it? :happy:

It could be a matter of how one sees it, but:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Haven't read thru this Wiki article myself, but I think there's an academic/professional definition for it: :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexuality

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:27 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 85 months ago
inactive
They are in lover relationship.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:13 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 75 months ago
inactive
Michiru is clearly bissexual. She kinda showed interest in Seiya and Mamoru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:42 am 
inactive
Poseidon wrote:
Michiru is clearly bissexual. She kinda showed interest in Seiya and Mamoru

No ! A lesbian can smiles and flirt for fun with men but just no more!
Sometimes I find it amasing when guys are after me, so like I said before a woman will appreciate to see people attracted to her.
Smiling, flirting does mean (sex).

I know a friend and sometimes she is very friendly with males, I think many could never imagine that she is a lesbian, so she is.
Michiru could be nice with all guys... it means nothing she is in love with Haruka and an happy love means we don't think about other people.

I've been attracted by a guy 15 years ago when I was 15 years old , but I was young and (triyed to be attracted by one) because ... my mother found strange that I was looking only female celebrities ...
Now I can say.... NEVER never with a guy, never by the past and never now and eventualy....
I'm going to say something (special) but I'll feel like a gay guy if I was with a guy and I'm not a Tomboy, but I always say that.

If I imagine Michiru in the contexte, she is lovely, pretty and she knoes guys are attracted by her beauty and her charm.
Michiru will never imagine a Mamoru s' hand on her.... and will never been so excited about seen a Seiya with sexy clothes and thinking about sharing a night with him....NO

Love is more than that and women don't need something more for have pleasure and passionate love.
It is poetic, sensual, sweet, and realy more

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:32 am 
There's no such thing as being extremely 100% pure heterosexual, or homosexual. It's like, there can be a 78% hetero girl and 22% lesbian, or viceversa.

Haha I like to think of Michiru as being 70% lesbian and 30% hetero-bi. :p

As for Haruka, she's definitely like 95% lesbian .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:45 pm 
inactive
Guest wrote:
hetero-bi

:shocked: New term! :ohmy:

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.. Dear.
Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:53 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Usapon wrote:
Guest wrote:
hetero-bi

Accordingly there'd also be the term "homo-bi." :P

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:31 pm 
inactive
So and why is it so important to know exactly how much a person is hetoro or bi, of course there is also people who change... like married women who suddently prefers women than men.

Anyway it is important to know it...only when we,re interested by someone ^^
And if the person is'nt ... it does'nt means this person will never change because we can't know in the future...but by astral theme yes we can see everything.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:55 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
tux67 wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
I've heard that they're actually cousins, hence there's no such thing as whether they're les or bi...

It's called incest. DiC used this bait to capture attention of people who can't be surprised already by regular lesbians. ^_^

You mean CWI :) Yeah that whole cousins thing was very disturbing...

Yeah, they were using "cousins" as a cover up. There was never any mention about them being related to each other in the original version of this anime or in the mangas.

Last edited by Loghorn on Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:17 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Usapon wrote:
Guest wrote:
hetero-bi

Accordingly there'd also be the term "homo-bi." :P

I say their homo-bi lol :P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:36 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Rakiko wrote:
So and why is it so important to know exactly how much a person is hetoro or bi, of course there is also people who change... like married women who suddently prefers women than men.

And if the person is'nt ... it does'nt means this person will never change because we can't know in the future...but by astral theme yes we can see everything.

Talking about change, some even go as far as doing surgery to change their sex - wonder if Haruka would eventually do that? (If she did, could she still be a Senshi, or could she still transform into a female Senshi, like the Starlights?)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:21 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 81 months ago
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Talking about change, some even go as far as doing surgery to change their sex - wonder if Haruka would eventually do that? (If she did, could she still be a Senshi, or could she still transform into a female Senshi, like the Starlights?)

I hope she doesn't. I'd like to think that she's prideful in her androgynous looks therefore wouldn't have any inclination to change (or at least that's what my Inner Haruka fangirl thinks :mrgreen:). But if she did, I would think that she would still be able to transform; if the anime Starlights could, why not her? XD

Hametsu to tanjou no senshi, Sailor Saturn!Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:08 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 15 months ago
inactive
Sailor Astera wrote:
I'm laughing a little at "bisexuals" as a plural. :P

I have a hard time seeing Haruka bunking with a dude, but Michiru is totally a swinger.

This made me LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:43 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Rakiko wrote:

XD Yes.... I know ...so when I was 4-5 years old I wanted to be a boy, but...no I would never change now.
I'm a female and I'm not a Tom boy, it is why people don't think about my orientation.
So it is very special about the star lights but it is also...if we think we have the 2 inside us, but physicaly we are one, but sometimes some people have too much of the opposite sex and it is a problem like the poor guys with breast XD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:11 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Rakiko wrote:
So it is very special about the star lights but it is also...if we think we have the 2 inside us, but physicaly we are one, but sometimes some people have too much of the opposite sex and it is a problem like the poor guys with breast XD

Exactly - the wiring in their brains doesn't sync w/ their physical bodies in terms of gender orientation, hence their need to change their bodies in order to fix the problem. To them, it feels somewhat like their soul being trapped inside the wrong body - a (painful) joke by Nature.

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:05 am 
haruka is lesbian want proof Japanese version episode 92 and the supers special but for michiru well we've all seen episode 180 of sailor stars haven't we I think michiru is bisexual

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:17 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 14 months ago
inactive
They're both lesbians.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:38 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Why did they even bother making them cousins in the dub? Is incest really okay with them? :roll:

Ima sugu aitai yo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:17 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Lesbians. Both of them. Going by what Naoko intended. I hate reading fanfiction that put Michiru with men when it explicitly says she could live without them.

The scene in episode 180 and the scene in the manga can be interpreted in many ways, but the fact of the matter is they are both lesbians. It is canon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next