Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:39 am 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
According to common sense, that's a personal opinion. You've been trolled.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:43 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
We have a strong evidence proving the opposite. Sailor Moon does make people straight.

Christian Weston Chandler used to look at a Sailor Moon poster every night to keep him straight. After the poster was accidentally destroyed in a fire, he started turning gay (a male lesbian, to be more precise).

Source: https://sonichu.com/cwcki/Sailor_Moon_Poster_of_Fail

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:00 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
If we're talking about the Middle Ages term gay, as in happy, then yes, Sailor Moon has made young boy gay. If we're not, then that psycho needs to see a professional.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:00 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:
We have a strong evidence proving the opposite. Sailor Moon does make people straight.

Christian Weston Chandler used to look at a Sailor Moon poster every night to keep him straight. After the poster was accidentally destroyed in a fire, he started turning gay (a male lesbian, to be more precise).

Source: https://sonichu.com/cwcki/Sailor_Moon_Poster_of_Fail

Luna was on that poster too, so he could also be a zoophile. :P

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:15 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
my friends at elementary/middle school who watched sm aren't gay as far as i know
besides most of them had a crush on Rei :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:16 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Other: Married To NQS!
I can speak for myself when I say I love sailor moon and I'm straight heck I even list the 90s anime as my all time favorite anime

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:58 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
[quote="Maraviollantes"]We have a strong evidence proving the opposite. Sailor Moon does make people straight.

I forgot about that. XD Some people have called him out for that because Chibiusa is also on the poster.

Matte Lupin!

Last edited by GTAB on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:21 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ And I've also called him out for zoophilia because Luna was on that poster too. :lol:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:45 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
As someone actually from Italy, I can say that Vera Slepoj is nowadays famous only for the sheer amount of mocking she collects every time she's mentioned. Someone should have thought things twice before opening her sewer.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:01 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
I could see where they might be going with this but one thing this guy didn't look into was the 90s/Team up fascination.
This was the 90s man. I had a super fascination with SM when I was young boy but at that time we had Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers so I think my fascination was with the color coded Sentai-esque Team up and it didn't matter. But if SM was the only thing out there maybe it would've been different?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:37 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
I don't understand why watching a show with women in it would somehow make you gay yet watching a show with hypermasculine men like DBZ does not. As a gay man, I am very attracted to strong masculine men. So wouldn't watching a show with nothing but ultra masculine men in it be more likely to have an influence on someone's sexuality than watching a show with beautiful women in it?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:27 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
Neon Genesis wrote:
I don't understand why watching a show with women in it would somehow make you gay yet watching a show with hypermasculine men like DBZ does not. As a gay man, I am very attracted to strong masculine men. So wouldn't watching a show with nothing but ultra masculine men in it be more likely to have an influence on someone's sexuality than watching a show with beautiful women in it?

my thoughts exactly it's called a logical view but this psychologist has none
as a straight man sm changed my view on shows aimed at women and is proof boys can watch too and it has nothing to do with sexuality
despite me having a crush on "serena" from day one in 1995 P-: but I also love the concept of female heros heck I love Wonder Woman also I love the powerpuff girls yet I had no crushes there except maybe miss bellum :mischief:
I love Cheetara on thundercats too
sm being my first true exposure to anime drew me in too at that time you couldn't pay me to watch dbz [I like it now though]

a hero is a hero don't matter the gender or species [ like TMNT for ex] it is
as long as you can look up to them I see no problem

most people like spider-man batman superman etc my hero is sailor moon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:52 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Sailor Moon helped me to accept my sexuality when I was young but I'm pretty sure I would have still turned out gay even if I never saw it. I just probably would have realized it a lot later instead of in my teen years.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:00 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Neon Genesis wrote:
Sailor Moon helped me to accept my sexuality when I was young but I'm pretty sure I would have still turned out gay even if I never saw it. I just probably would have realized it a lot later instead of in my teen years.

Yeah, no shows can change one's inborn sexual orientation, & they at most can only make one more aware of it. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:26 pm 
Stella
Stella
As I have stated before Vera Slepoj is apparently not a very good psychologist as the consensus of mainstream psychology is that a person's sexual orientation is inborn and can not be changed.

Again as a transwoman Sailor Moon didn't make me trans it did make me more accepting of myself but I always felt things way as far as I can remember. I am also heteroromantic so I always liked guys sexually. Two of my first crushes were Zack and Slater from Saved By the Bell. I also had fantasies about the guys on X-Men, Power Rangers, Batman etc and I felt this way long before Sailor Moon was brought forward in America.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:59 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I love these kind of threads, together with Swan Cat posts, they're the best thing about this forum.

Vera Slepoj wrote:
SM makes young boys gay

Where is the lie?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:45 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
The title of this thread is hysterical. I laugh loud whenever I read it. :lol:

When I was a kid, I absolutely did not think of myself as gay (I did not accept my sexual orientation until I was 17). But I can say that I started becoming aware of my sexual orientation, at least implicitly, while watching "Sailor Moon." The boys I knew who watched the show did so because they had fallen in love (literally) with Ami, Rei, or Minako. They were straight. They are all now (happily) married to women and some even have children. Me? Looking back now, I can say with confidence that I had a crush on Mamoru. Oh well. The facts of life.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:11 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Checks google with google translate and google images.

Wiki article uses the pronoun "he."

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vera_Slepoj

:question: :siren: :question:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:45 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
lulz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:34 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Clow wrote:
When I was a kid, I absolutely did not think of myself as gay (I did not accept my sexual orientation until I was 17). But I can say that I started becoming aware of my sexual orientation, at least implicitly, while watching "Sailor Moon."

Vera Slepoj could use your case to prove she was right. :P

MariaTenebre wrote:
As I have stated before Vera Slepoj is apparently not a very good psychologist as the consensus of mainstream psychology is that a person's sexual orientation is inborn and can not be changed.

Why is that even relevant if it can be changed or not? "Defending" homosexuality with a rejoinder that one is born with it and it wasn't their choice sounds almost like defending a person who was born with AIDS, so it's not their fault they have it. Is homosexuality so bad that it can be allowed to exist solely because one is born with it and there is no way to change it? That's what the whole "inborn homosexuality" argument strongly implies.

If there is nothing bad about homosexuality, then it's perfectly fine even if it's somebody's choice, isn't it? Nobody would blame anybody for choosing to love music, or strawberries, and attempted to scrutinize if their love for those is genetic or acquired later in life. And nobody has to defend themselves for loving strawberries or music by arguing they were born with it, so they had no choice. Me thinks a lot of so-called "defenders" of homosexuality who resort all the time to "it's inborn, so there was no choice" argument, remain deeply homophobic inside. :purpleghost:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:56 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
People with AIDS shouldn't be defended? WTF? So Sailor Moon fandom is now into bashing people with AIDS?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:56 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
well this is a descent into madness :googly: :googly: :googly: :googly: :googly: :googly: :googly: :googly:

I'm gonna watch until it gets too far out of hand

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:58 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
People who are born with AIDS through no fault of their own absolutely should be defended and treated with kindness and respect.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:24 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Maraviollantes wrote:
Clow wrote:
When I was a kid, I absolutely did not think of myself as gay (I did not accept my sexual orientation until I was 17). But I can say that I started becoming aware of my sexual orientation, at least implicitly, while watching "Sailor Moon."

Vera Slepoj could use your case to prove she was right. :P

He only said that the show made him aware of his sexual orientation, not that it actually changed his orientation. But I guess even that could still be a sufficient justification for her to attack it for having bad social/behavioral influence by making gay people aware of & accept their orientation, hence changing their related behaviors (or making that happen earlier) after watching it. :lol:

Quote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

Why is that even relevant if it can be changed or not? "Defending" homosexuality with a rejoinder that one is born with it and it wasn't their choice sounds almost like defending a person who was born with AIDS, so it's not their fault they have it. Is homosexuality so bad that it can be allowed to exist solely because one is born with it and there is no way to change it? That's what the whole "inborn homosexuality" argument strongly implies.

If there is nothing bad about homosexuality, then it's perfectly fine even if it's somebody's choice, isn't it? Nobody would blame anybody for choosing to love music, or strawberries, and attempted to scrutinize if their love for those is genetic or acquired later in life. And nobody has to defend themselves for loving strawberries or music by arguing they were born with it, so they had no choice. Me thinks a lot of so-called "defenders" of homosexuality who resort all the time to "it's inborn, so there was no choice" argument, remain deeply homophobic inside. :purpleghost:

So actually there's nothing wrong at all to claim that the show makes people gay, since being gay isn't a bad/negative thing, just as there's nothing wrong for one to love strawberries, which they previously don't, after watching a food show about the fruit? And people opposing such claims are actually homophobic/strawberry-phobic? :P But jokings aside, while I can't rule out the homophobic intention/motivation in stressing the inborn nature of sexual orientation by some people, it can also be simply because that claim is factually incorrect, basing on the current scientific knowledge as understood. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:16 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I knew this thread would continue to be gold.
Vera Slepoj be reading this post like:

Attachments:
Slepoj-550x400_c.jpg
Slepoj-550x400_c.jpg [ 35.93 KiB | Viewed 1220 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:54 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Neon Genesis wrote:
People with AIDS shouldn't be defended? WTF? So Sailor Moon fandom is now into bashing people with AIDS?

OMG I spotted *AIDS* in the sentence, what did that guy mean, I don't understand, my ADD won't let me to read the rest, that guy must be AIDS hater, I must write my angry reply FAST, because this is SCANDALOUS!!!111

Since complex analogies are apparently way above your limited attention span, I'll rephrase in simpler terms:

* being born gay is normal;
* choosing to be gay is normal;
* teaching kids to be gay through cartoons is normal;
* because homosexuality is normal;

You me understand now?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:01 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
All you needed to do was explain the misunderstanding. Your snide and insulting remarks were unnecessary.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:10 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
well this train is now wrecked

locking this thread now

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8