* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Most gruesome death?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:24 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 47 months ago
inactive
I did a search and there´s only a topic about the saddest deaths. However who do you think had the most gruesome death? Who did suffer a lot when they died? Of course this is a topic mainly about the villains as there are a lot who died in a terrible way. The Senshi on the other hand only a few times.

Here´s my Top 5:

5. Eudial
She had a tragic death. Those evil snails destroyed the inside of her car. Already covered with bruises and such she jumped off the cliff still inside her car. Like it happens so often in real life especially when being drunk. At least she got what she deserved for being a terrible driver. Sneaky Mimette... but wait...

4. Sailor Lead Crow
She was my favorite Animamate. She wasn´t eliminated by Galaxia like the others. I hate Tin Nyanko for being the ☹ she is and setting the black hole free. None of us would imagine how it would feel inside that hole (no pun intended) where there´s no light and you can´t even see your own self.

3. Mimette
Similar to the Black Hole death Mimette must have suffered inside that monitor as Tellu pulled out the plug (again... no pun intended). Trapped inside darkness Mimette had enough time to think about how it is to sabotage others. Maybe there´s a backup file that gets her back into the game but it seems hopeless.

2. Nephrite
There could have been a happy ending between him and Naru. Those Youma thorns were too far up Nephrite´s flesh. And again this here is a situation between rivals - it seems like they are more masochistic than their queens. While our tricky Zoisite was suffering in pure beauty before he died Nephrite had to endure the pain of 1000 Youmas.

1. Rubeus
Talking about explosive death. You try everything to clean up your image as the most cruel villain in history - you´re being an ass to your minions, you´re capturing the Inner Senshi and give Sailor Moon the ultimatum to hand over the Barazuishou and try everything to kill the little "rabbit" and earn a higher grade in your family. None of Rubeus dreams came true. And to his pain Esmeraude appears shortly before he dies within the exploding UFO, laughing and looking down at him for his endless failures. Burning along with that spaceship... a fire-death must be a really awful death.

Honorable Mention: The death of the Inner Senshi in Season 1
In difference to the deaths of the villains these weren´t that gruesome at all. It was more on an emotional level. And we know that they began their new lifes after Sailor Moon has beaten the ☹ out of Beryl.

Post subject: Re: Most gruesome death?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:05 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 50 months ago
inactive
I never really found any of the deaths in SM "gruesome" since they all seem to result in people's bodies turning into sparkles and disappearing.

Kakyuu's death in the manga was pretty awesome though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:33 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 16 months ago
inactive
I didn't really see the deaths in Sailor Moon all that graphic either. Maybe Nephrite, but that's it. I think the manga was a little more graphic in that department. Especially with the nun who spontaneously combusted.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:01 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 33 months ago
inactive
Schizzy wrote:
I never really found any of the deaths in SM "gruesome" since they all seem to result in people's bodies turning into sparkles and disappearing.

Kakyuu's death in the manga was pretty awesome though.

Yeah I was going to say Kakyuu too. Impaled, right? :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:05 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I don't think they mean gruesome as in gory... I think I'd put Aluminum Seiren on there somewhere, it was pretty awful since she didn't have the sense to be scared before hand and really got blind-sided. Was it a comfort to have a friend to beg for her life for her? Or was it just that much more traumatic?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:29 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 47 months ago
inactive
I'm surprised Sapphire hasn't been mentioned yet. He was blasted twice by the wiseman before he died.... that was an emotional point for me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:02 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 50 months ago
inactive
in the uncut verison of sailor moon season 1

you see how the inner scouts died..while protecting sailor moon/princess serenity

its rather sad :(

Sailor Saturn / Hotaru tomoe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:31 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: down with chiba
Episode 45 :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:02 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
Prince Rose wrote:

atleast she came back to life, I think they senshi's death on...what is it episode 197, I think there death just looked painful, and mimete's death was funny to me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:07 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
I hated Nephrite being killed, and some of the Witches 5 deaths were sad.

PM me if you want download links.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:22 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: down with chiba
sasumiofjp wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:

atleast she came back to life, I think they senshi's death on...what is it episode 197, I think there death just looked painful, and mimete's death was funny to me.

agreed 197 is sad too, as for Mimete she deserved it for killing my Eudial, that was my favorite witch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:01 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
In PGSM, the complete obliteration of all living things on the Earth, thereby turning the whole planet into a desert (like the planet Dune in Dune). (And it was solely done by Princess Serenity/Sailor Moon.)

So it's the deaths of the whole Mankind.

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:05 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 44 months ago
inactive
Yeah, Nephrites death was realy gruesome! Yes, he disappeared in glitter and so, but it must be soooo gruesome to be killed with this.. things from the youma in his chest. And his death is realy sad too. :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:31 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 38 months ago
inactive
Mimette´s death has always seemed the most gruesome to me. Yea, she deserved it, but still...being trapped forever in that machine...well, the only thing that eased her "death" was the fact that Mugen´s Academy was destroyed shortly afterwards, therefore, the machine she was trapped into, was destroyed too. Technically, she died at that moment. But it depends on how you define "trapped forever", she might had died when Telulu pulled the plug. In that case, it wouldn´t even seem so horrid.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:23 pm 
inactive
sunnybunny wrote:
Mimette´s death has always seemed the most gruesome to me. Yea, she deserved it, but still...being trapped forever in that machine...well, the only thing that eased her "death" was the fact that Mugen´s Academy was destroyed shortly afterwards, therefore, the machine she was trapped into, was destroyed too. Technically, she died at that moment. But it depends on how you define "trapped forever", she might had died when Telulu pulled the plug. In that case, it wouldn´t even seem so horrid.

I always assumed starvation is what got her in the end.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:48 pm 
inactive
I dont know if you agree with me but I think Telulu's death was quite painful looking.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:57 pm 
inactive
Yes, and it was somewhat disturbing, too, as Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Mask and some other (I think it was Pluto and Chibiusa or I might not exactly remember) people where just standing there, watching her go. That gave me shivers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:52 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
1. Nephryte, defenetly... sooo sad :cry:
2. Sapphire... made me shiver the first few times
3. The Inner Senshi (Ep. 45/46) :supercry:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:49 pm 
inactive
For me, Zoisites death was gruesome too. But just because it was so sad that Kunzite didn't tell him that he loved him too. >__>'

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:47 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 9 months ago
inactive
I think all of deaths in the series were pretty gruesome - but I guess I'll say Animamates.

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.. Dear.
Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:07 pm 
inactive
Usapon wrote:
I think all of deaths in the series were pretty gruesome - but I guess I'll say Animamates.

This is smth I never really caught...were Animamates reincarnated, too, after Chaos was beaten? I mean...they used to be regular, good senshi...I always thought they had the same deal with Galaxia like Uranus and Neptune, and Uranus and Neptune were reincarnated, so what about Animamates? I think they deserved to have second chance, especially when we saw the good half of Tin Nyako.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:18 pm 
inactive
sunnybunny wrote:
Usapon wrote:

This is smth I never really caught...were Animamates reincarnated, too, after Chaos was beaten? I mean...they used to be regular, good senshi...I always thought they had the same deal with Galaxia like Uranus and Neptune, and Uranus and Neptune were reincarnated, so what about Animamates? I think they deserved to have second chance, especially when we saw the good half of Tin Nyako.

Hm, that's an argument. And actually they're Sailor senshis too!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:55 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 9 months ago
inactive
Zimto-chan wrote:

Hm, that's an argument. And actually they're Sailor senshis too![/quote]

Actually, in the manga they were random evil people that stole the crystals of real Senshi in order to become a senshi-like creature.

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.. Dear.
Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:56 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I give the award to Neptune when her and Uranus stormed the temple and she got shot all to hell before having her heart blasted out.

Of course, if they had been smarter and just WORKED WITH the inners all along, things would have been better, so you could argue she had it coming. :x Doesn't make it less gruesome though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:38 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 36 months ago
inactive
the most painfull to watch

1 - Inner Senshis death in Classic
2 - Sapphires death
3 - Nephrites

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:15 pm 
inactive
Sub Zippo wrote:
I give the award to Neptune when her and Uranus stormed the temple and she got shot all to hell before having her heart blasted out.

Of course, if they had been smarter and just WORKED WITH the inners all along, things would have been better, so you could argue she had it coming. :x Doesn't make it less gruesome though.

Nah, I prefer them as loners :D They add some spice to the lovey-duvey inner group and they bring more darkness to the story in general, which I really like :) They´ve got the style :P
And I feel so sorry for Neptune, because she´s taken painful beatings...her death in S was painful to watch...not to mention the scars she got when she rescued Haruka in their flashback episode...but that´s another story...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:37 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Prince Rose wrote:
sasumiofjp wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:

agreed 197 is sad too, as for Mimete she deserved it for killing my Eudial, that was my favorite witch

Isnt it 196 was the episode were Mars, Mercury, Jupiter and Venus died - That was one of the worse deaths
197 was Pluto and Saturn
45 was even terrible and sooo emotional...

I can't think of any gruesome death in the Anime only tragic ones like the ones I mentioned above.

The manga have the most gruesome, graphical deaths EVER! Thats my thought of the most gruesome deaths... ^_^'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:33 am 
inactive
Ohh, manga deaths were really horrid...those images are still haunting in my head...

In the anime, they were more emotional and sad. But I always felt kind of irritated because of episode 197 where Pluto and Saturn died...everyone else had at least two minutes long death scenes, while they just kind of fastly faded away...I cried for the first time when watching inners (especially Rei) and Haruka and Michiru go, but I never had tears in my eyes when Pluto and Saturn died. They´re one of my favourite characters, but I felt that the animators didn´t give them enough screentime in that scene. They also weren´t shown in one of the starlight´s (I think it was Taiki´s) flasback where all other senshi die...Not to mention that Haruka´s and Michiru´s death scene was shown TWICE (episode 198 and at the start of episode 199 again). Of course, I don´t mind that...I´m actually glad they did. But Pluto and Saturn really should had longer death scenes, with some more emotion, I always felt they were kind of left out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:14 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
sunnybunny wrote:
But I always felt kind of irritated because of episode 197 where Pluto and Saturn died...everyone else had at least two minutes long death scenes, while they just kind of fastly faded away...I cried for the first time when watching inners (especially Rei) and Haruka and Michiru go, but I never had tears in my eyes when Pluto and Saturn died. They´re one of my favourite characters, but I felt that the animators didn´t give them enough screentime in that scene. They also weren´t shown in one of the starlight´s (I think it was Taiki´s) flasback where all other senshi die...Not to mention that Haruka´s and Michiru´s death scene was shown TWICE (episode 198 and at the start of episode 199 again). Of course, I don´t mind that...I´m actually glad they did. But Pluto and Saturn really should had longer death scenes, with some more emotion, I always felt they were kind of left out.

Maybe because in any case Pluto & Saturn would never truely die, so they didn't even bother to produce emotional death scenes for them? :P

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:55 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
sunnybunny wrote:
Ohh, manga deaths were really horrid...those images are still haunting in my head...

The image of Mercury and Jupiter, and Mars and Venus being disintegrated by the animamates in Stars still haunts me since the first time I saw the images in the Mixx manga scans

O'Hail Naoko-hime for drawing them *bows* :tongue: