Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Does Rini have a thing for horses?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:55 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 56 months ago
inactive
Its general knowledge that western audiences hated rini with a passion, but theres something a need to address: her mental health.

Now its known shes all over her father like hes her boyfriend, but what about the rest?

for instance, for the majority of the herpes that is called the 4th season, shes in love with a horse. now we all know hes a human from the golden kingdom, but the first time reasy sees him hes a horse with wings and a rocklike protrusion from his head. now im just assuming this, or does rini have a thing for horses after the dead moon events?

im sorry if this in innapropriate at all, but i needed to address this because to me, it seems like rinis slightly mentally unstable, even more with the events of the black moon which are never mentioned again ever. i would think after that shed be crazy.

Post subject: Re: May i ask something?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:35 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 32 months ago
inactive
I think the Majority of Chibiusa loathers are forgetting there are different types of love besides romantic love and sexual love.

She's really too little to know what love is and often times children mistake feelings of adoration with love. This is the case with both Mamoru and Helios.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:46 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 50 months ago
inactive
First of all, Chibiusa's crushes on Mamoru and Pegasus are not unusual for children. Many little girls say they want to marry their fathers, and many little boys say they want to marry their mothers. She's a child. Her crushes on Mamoru and Helios are innocent, and besides, Helios isn't even a real horse. If you're serious, then you're reading way too much into this to begin with.

Secondly, you've got the wrong idea about mental illness. Mental illness is extremely common, and most of us are attracted to human beings who are not related to us. Most of us live productive lives and are very much in touch with reality.

Finally, there's nothing to suggest Chibiusa has a mental illness. Again, she's a child. She's not supposed to act like an adult.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:52 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 41 months ago
inactive
Rachael wrote:
First of all, Chibiusa's crushes on Mamoru and Pegasus are not unusual for children. Many little girls say they want to marry their fathers, and many little boys say they want to marry their mothers. She's a child. Her crushes on Mamoru and Helios are innocent, and besides, Helios isn't even a real horse. If you're serious, then you're reading way too much into this to begin with.

Secondly, you've got the wrong idea about mental illness. Mental illness is extremely common, and most of us are attracted to human beings who are not related to us. Most of us live productive lives and are very much in touch with reality.

Finally, there's nothing to suggest Chibiusa has a mental illness. Again, she's a child. She's not supposed to act like an adult.

Although, she displays the symptoms of Electra complex.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:57 am 
inactive
Icarus wrote:

All of which can be explained by my post. The Electra complex is supposedly something that girls go through as small children and then grow out of. Besides, Chibiusa doesn't really see Mamoru as her dad most of the time. She acts differently around his future self.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:02 am 
inactive
Rachael wrote:
Icarus wrote:

All of which can be explained by my post. The Electra complex is supposedly something that girls go through as small children and then grow out of. Besides, Chibiusa doesn't really see Mamoru as her dad most of the time. She acts differently around his future self.

She's the same way around Usagi. They would act mostly like sisters rather than mother and daughter.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:05 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 52 months ago
inactive
iChaplin wrote:
Its general knowledge that western audiences hated rini with a passion, but theres something a need to address: her mental health.

Now its known shes all over her father like hes her boyfriend, but what about the rest?

for instance, for the majority of the herpes that is called the 4th season, shes in love with a horse. now we all know hes a human from the golden kingdom, but the first time reasy sees him hes a horse with wings and a rocklike protrusion from his head. now im just assuming this, or does rini have a thing for horses after the dead moon events?

im sorry if this in innapropriate at all, but i needed to address this because to me, it seems like rinis slightly mentally unstable, even more with the events of the black moon which are never mentioned again ever. i would think after that shed be crazy.
I'm sorry but I loled at this :lol:. Idk maybe she doesn't see Darien as a father figure like she doesn't see Serena as her mother in the 21st century.

Rachael wrote:
First of all, Chibiusa's crushes on Mamoru and Pegasus are not unusual for children. Many little girls say they want to marry their fathers, and many little boys say they want to marry their mothers.
I'm sorry but wth :? What children do you know that feel that way :lol: , but I believe you. It's possible but still :eeklez:

Last edited by BoondocksMoon on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:13 am 
inactive
BoondocksMoon wrote:
iChaplin wrote:

I'm sorry but I loled at this :rantipole:. Idk maybe she doesn't see Mamarou as a father figure like she doesn't see Usagi as her mother in the 21st century.

but its still technically incest and... ew

now usagi i understand, and maybe rini was too attached to mamo, but the implications under the sugar...

and wouldnt she be a little unhinged after the black moon attack that pretty much destroyed her happy life? i would.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:27 am 
inactive
iChaplin wrote:
but its still technically incest and...ew
Yeah, I agree :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:35 am 
inactive
BoondocksMoon wrote:
iChaplin wrote:
Yeah, I agree :rantipole:

so if thats incest, the helios thing is technically bestiality being he became the horse.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:36 am 
inactive
To Quote Frizzy of Four King Hell Fame:

Quote:
Actually it makes her pretty realistic since her “crush” is either (depending on her age)

1) Prepubescent adoration, or

2) A way for her to piss off Usagi,

both of which are things little girls actually experience and it does not make them creepy or gross or mean they are suffering from Electra complexes. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, lots of little girls have “crushes” on their dads. You know why this is fine? Because they’re not actually crushes. It’s just a general feeling of love/care/admiration for someone that they classify as a “crush”.

Seriously. I don’t know how someone can put so much apparent thought into Chibi-Usa, and then so totally exaggerate her affections for her dad. Has she ever acted inappropriately towards him? Has she ever, when alone, or alone with Mamoru, implied that she wanted to pursue a real, romantic (or sexual) relationship with him? Hmm, actually, now that I think about it, the only time she ever says something (usually ridiculous, like “I’m going to marry Mamo-chan!”) it’s because Usagi is right there, and it gets a rise out of her. Then there are the times that Chibi-Usa acts lonely or a little jealous when she sees Usagi and Mamoru alone together. Gee, that must mean she has an Electra complex! It’s not possibly that she’s just jealous because she wants to spend time with her dad and she has to deal with the fact that there are differences between Usagi + Mamoru’s relationship versus their own, and that there are ways in which Usagi and Chibi-Usa can’t “compete” for Mamoru’s affection. Which is, you know, a completely realistic reality that many young children learn to face.
It’s kind of funny, really, because if you think about it, even if she did have a genuine attraction for Mamoru, she would be attracted to “Mamoru”, not “her father”. The Mamoru she “has a crush” on is several years younger than the father she grew up with. He’s a completely different person. Not that it matters, though, since she isn’t actually in love with him.

The only time I can possibly think of that would support a “Chibi-Usa has an Electra complex!!” theory is when, in the manga, Black Lady kisses Mamoru. Except that Chibi-Usa doesn’t know that Mamoru is her dad at that point. And then of course that she was brainwashed.

Long story short: OP, you seem pretty detached from the reality of the rationale of children. Somebody having an actual Electra complex is very different from saying they have a “crush” on their dad when they’re too young to even understand what a “crush” is. If this is seriously stopping you from appreciating Chibi-Usa’s character, maybe you should rewatch/reread a few of her scenes, except without such a narrow interpretation.

(Sorry for the rant, followers. I know people are entitled to their opinion, and there are plenty of viable reasons for disliking Chibi-Usa. But for some reason a huge portion of the fanbase seems to think that Chibi-Usa is actually sexually attracted to her father, and that is pretty dumb.)

Source: http://sailorfailures.tumblr.com/post/6 ... -since-her

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:45 am 
inactive
iChaplin wrote:
BoondocksMoon wrote:
iChaplin wrote:
Yeah, I agree :rantipole:

so if thats incest, the helios thing is technically bestiality being he became the horse.
In my eyes. YEP! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:02 am 
inactive
BoondocksMoon wrote:
In my eyes. YEP! :rantipole:

FINALLY someone who gets it :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:10 am 
inactive
iChaplin wrote:
BoondocksMoon wrote:

Lol :lol:. It does seem like we're one of the few :lol:.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:18 am 
inactive
BoondocksMoon wrote:
iChaplin wrote:
BoondocksMoon wrote:

rantipole :rantipole:. It does seem like we're one of the few :rantipole:.

we should be best friends

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:24 am 
inactive
iChaplin wrote:
we should be best friends
Sure :) :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:14 am 
inactive
Oh, my God. Helios is not actually the Pegasus. His true form is human(oid).

And bestiality is a human having sex with an animal. Does Chibiusa have sex with Helios? No. You guys are seriously perverted if you think she is. I'm sure you're only joking, but if you honestly think that Chibiusa wants to have sex with her dad or with Helios then...I'm pissed off, frankly.

BoondocksMoon - My best friend's son said he wanted to marry her. When I was little I said I wanted to marry my brother.

Kids don't always understand the difference between romantic and family love.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:21 am 
inactive
Rachael wrote:
Oh, my God. Helios is not actually the Pegasus. His true form is human(oid).

And bestiality is a human having sex with an animal. Does Chibiusa have sex with Helios? No. You guys are seriously perverted if you think she is. I'm sure you're only joking, but if you honestly think that Chibiusa wants to have sex with her dad or with Helios then...I'm pissed off, franky
Relax. It's called poking fun at something :roll:, but that is somewhat my opinion though.

Rachael wrote:
BoondocksMoon - My best friend's son said he wanted to marry her. When I was little I said I wanted to marry my brother.

Rachael wrote:
Kids don't always understand the difference between romantic and family love.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sorry but that's kinda funny. I believe you when you say that. I guess that's a normal thing to think when your a toddler but we're talking about a regular 10 year old who knows better :lol:. May I ask how old you were?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:26 am 
inactive
BoondocksMoon wrote:
Relax. It's called poking fun at something :roll:, but that is somewhat my opinion though.

Your opinion is wrong. It's one thing if you're just poking fun, but if you seriously think she wants to have sex with Mamoru or Helios, then you are wrong. :p

Quote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sorry but that's kinda funny. I believe you when you say that. I guess that's a normal thing to think when your a toddler but we're talking about a regular 10 year old who knows better :lol:. May I ask how were you?

I don't remember, pretty young. And if Chibiusa is 10, I'd agree that's odd, but she doesn't act like a 10-year-old, anyway. It seems to be common in anime for 10-12-year-olds to act way younger than their real-life counterparts. Or maybe that is how 10-year-olds act in Japan. Who knows?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:28 am 
inactive
Rachael wrote:
BoondocksMoon wrote:

Your opinion is wrong. It's one thing if you're just poking fun, but if you seriously think she wants to have sex with Mamoru or Helios, then you are wrong. :p
I never stated that she wanted to have sexual relations with them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:31 am 
inactive
BoondocksMoon wrote:

Sorry, guess I was getting you mixed up with iChaplin. :o

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:32 am 
inactive
Rachael wrote:
BoondocksMoon wrote:

Sorry, guess I was getting you mixed up with iChaplin. :o
It's alright :). You're pretty strong on your opinions :) .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am 
inactive
BoondocksMoon wrote:
It's alright :). You're pretty strong on your opinions :) .

It's a pet peeve of mine. I see a lot of mindless Mamoru-bashing and Chibiusa-bashing around here, and it's begun to grate on my nerves.

Post subject: Re: Does Rini have a thing for horses?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:24 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BTW, I think Luna was very, very wrong morally when she had that taboo crush on that human scientist in the S movie - it's humanphilia! :eek:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:23 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
BTW, I think Luna was very, very wrong morally when she had that taboo crush on that human scientist in the S movie - it's humanphilia! :eek:

Yeah, people who bash Chibiusa for supposedly being in love with her dad or a horse seem to be okay with this fact.

Maybe it's just relentless Chibiusa hating and they'll find any reason to hate her.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:26 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:02 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:

BTW, could you post that YouTube link again if it's still there? :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:42 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 10 months ago
inactive
Maraviollantes wrote:

I think that should be "Screwing with horses minds".

It seems like the second image has the horse initiating the kiss.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:49 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Sailorcancer wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:

Again, humanphilia! :ninja: That horse should be condemned! :x

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:53 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Sailorcancer wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:

Again, humanphilia! :ninja: That horse should be condemned! :x

But at least Pegasus became his humanoid form as Helios and then kissed Chibiusa. I had no issue at all with her having a crush on Pegasus during the SuperS season. She was a child and practically she adored him like the way she was with Mamoru; their interactions was never basically incestuous at all. I wish people would quit jumping to conclusions too fast. :x