inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
I refuse to accept that even tho I know it's probably true. :P

And that's what I like about fandom. :cool:

Post subject: Re: If its possible to switch henshin items
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:41 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
No I would imagine the henshi items only work with their respective senshi.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:34 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Rachael wrote:
I think that the person would just be unable to transform if they used another soldier's item. It may be the most boring, but it's also the most likely. 8)

I refuse to accept that even tho I know it's probably true. :P

Then let me change the title.

Thx. :)

rgveda99 wrote:
Roman55 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
We wouldn't be able to see their nudity during their transformations. :(

But that's why we have Hentai. And come on, being an Anime series, they would throw it in as fanservice. Plus to preserve their identities, they would still have to change into their uniforms..

Less work for the animators I guess. Plus transformations look cool whether live or animated. Transforming in most anime is not so troublesome as compared to Ben 10 or the Mask. Now if only Superman had a transformation sequence.

And then Batman, Spider-Man...the list go on & on. :D

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:40 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:
Less work for the animators I guess. Plus transformations look cool whether live or animated. Transforming in most anime is not so troublesome as compared to Ben 10 or the Mask. Now if only Superman had a transformation sequence.

Here's Spidey's henshin - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xoxYyyWvLw

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:02 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Sabrblade wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

Here's Spidey's henshin - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xoxYyyWvLw

Ah, of course! l o l

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:09 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 53 months ago
inactive
This is sort of off topic. But after reading the manga, I kind of wondered if the wands contained any actual power. What I mean is are these wands merely tools used to manifest and better channel the already existing powers? For example - I'm an artist. But without a pencil, it's not easy for me to use my skill of drawing. Isn't it possible the Sailor Soldiers are the same way and have to use their wands as a method of releasing their magic? Also, I noticed the outers in the manga had no transformation pens. So does this mean they were strong enough and didn't need assistance in channeling their power?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:29 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
rabbit on the moon wrote:
This is sort of off topic. But after reading the manga, I kind of wondered if the wands contained any actual power. What I mean is are these wands merely tools used to manifest and better channel the already existing powers? For example - I'm an artist. But without a pencil, it's not easy for me to use my skill of drawing. Isn't it possible the Sailor Soldiers are the same way and have to use their wands as a method of releasing their magic? Also, I noticed the outers in the manga had no transformation pens. So does this mean they were strong enough and didn't need assistance in channeling their power?

I'd tend to see their transformations as the result of the interaction between their transformation items & their own powers. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:05 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 53 months ago
inactive

That almost sounds like what I asked. Also, If they had powers in their past lives (allegedly) Then why the wands?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:37 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
Roman55 wrote:

That almost sounds like what I asked. Also, If they had powers in their past lives (allegedly) Then why the wands?

Did they have the wands in their past lives? (Not up to speed on the manga.) If not, its probably because in their past lives they were born as princesses/senshi, whereas in their reincarnation, they were born as earth-based humans with the potential to become the senshi they were.

I think the wands must contain some sort of power... the inners all showed hints of what they once were in their mental/spiritual/physical capabilities, even showing the symbol on their heads in a time of distress, but didn't transform. Perhaps its just a conduit.

As for the outers, by carrying the talismans, they may have been able to use them inadvertedly as that conduit to their past lives. They also seem more aware from the start who they were and what their mission was, while the inners had to be shown and slowly awakened to their past life. In theory, if Venus or one of the others had had the sword on the moon from the getgo, she may have been more aware from the getgo. (Though I doubt she could henshin with it, as it wasn't a part of her like the talismans, if I recall right.)

Post subject: Re: Switching rods and henshin items
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:52 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
While it could very well be like that, it's not quite interesting, tho - at least not as interesting as what foenanko suggested above. :)

I just went with what seemed like the most obvious outcome, it's what usually happens when people steal each other's empathic items in anime. Of course if you wanted a more fun experimental route, maybe their powers could be crassly fused. When Mercury accidentally uses Mars' wand, her visor is a sutra instead, blinding her when she needs to analyze the enemy. P-:

Always wondered what would happen if :luna: gave :usagi: an inner's pen instead of a brooch.