Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Mexican DVD official page launched!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:25 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Vilhem wrote:
$100?! Are they crazy? LOL Man some of these ebay sellers.. lol

It may be higher than retail price but $100 is not too bad when compared to how much a certain US company is charging for a certain series.

http://bit.ly/101v1zT
http://bit.ly/YIYwKq

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:27 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Vilhem wrote:
$100?! Are they crazy? LOL Man some of these ebay sellers.. lol

The seller is only trying to earn a few extra bucks. I bought the first talk box from capital 8 and they charged me a total of 89 dollars with shipping included.

NJ_ wrote:
It may be higher than retail price but $100 is not too bad when compared to how much a certain US company is charging for a certain series.

http://bit.ly/101v1zT
http://bit.ly/YIYwKq

I love the quality of the Aniplex blu-ray releases. The video is a 1:1 copy from the Japanese blu-ray master. An episode is about 7.25GB-8.5GB, not like Funimation's compressed videos that are like 4.0GB-5.0GB per episode, and the quality difference is noticed when comparing it to the Japanese source. Most fans won't probably even notice any differences. Though, I can't complain about Funimation's really cheap blu-ray prices. Sometimes they tend to be much cheaper than the DVD version.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:09 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
Dang Mexicans getting Sailor Moon boxsets while Americans are left in the dust.

Speaking of, exactly how are the Spanish dubs for Sailor Moon? I keep hearing that the Spanish are really spectacular when it comes to dubbing their anime, but I tried watching some episodes of shows in Spanish, and they're all just good at best while few others sound horrible (Kero from CCS! The Dragonslayer lackeys from Escaflowne!).

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:55 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
I got my Talk Box Mars today! First I'll post some pics of the set :3

Pre-order cup:

Metallic case:

DVD case:

DVDs:

Audio:
Spanish audio, as I'd predicted, improved considerably after episode 65. This was because the first 65 episodes were produced differently. When Patricia Acevedo took over from ep 66 on, the dubbing as well as other things were improved. So Ep 66+ have a clearer stereo track. Still not remastered though.

The Next Episode previews are present this time (the ones after each episode), newly dubbed by Sailor Mars' voice actor.

Japanese audio is the same as remastered track from the Japanese DVDs.

Insert songs are present in both audio tracks.

Subs:
Use Spanish dub names and terminology (such as "Hermanas de la Persecucion") but otherwise translated from the Japanese audio track

Opening & Ending:
Same Spanish songs, as predicted, since Naoko blocked all dubbing of new themes. So, no Otome no Policy in Spanish. Heart Moving in Spanish plays in its place. Original songs are present on the Japanese audio track.

Extras:

the 15 second previews are in the bonus section, newly dubbed, but narrated by Sailor Mars' Spanish voice actor

Profiles of Sailor Mars, Rini, Neo Queen Serenity & King Endymion, Alan, Anne, Rubeus, and the Four Sisters are narrated by Sailor Mars. Interestingly, the ages for the four sisters are given.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:04 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ Look pretty nice, :cool: especially the cup - use it for some red-color beverage, such as tomato soup. :D

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:01 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Did Talk Boxes 1-2 have the next episodes previews dubbed? I assume if Talk Box Jupiter does them, they'll just have Araceli De Leon's daughter do them like the message. :P Or they'll bring in another character.

Which Spanish-dubbed songs are present? Moonlight Legend and Heart Moving? I've heard Spanish versions of both. I wonder if they could've used the European Spanish dubs. I can't see how the labels could've had a problem with that. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:15 pm 
inactive
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Did Talk Boxes 1-2 have the next episodes previews dubbed? I assume if Talk Box Jupiter does them, they'll just have Araceli De Leon's daughter do them like the message. :P Or they'll bring in another character.

Which Spanish-dubbed songs are present? Moonlight Legend and Heart Moving? I've heard Spanish versions of both. I wonder if they could've used the European Spanish dubs. I can't see how the labels could've had a problem with that. :roll:

The next episode previews weren't present at all on the first two volumes, even in Japanese. Mars is the first time they're available. The 15 second previews though, are available, dubbed into Spanish. They're on the 4th disc as bonus features.

As for Spanish dubbed songs, from the original run, only Moonlight and Heart Moving, as well as Maboroshi were ever dubbed.

As far as using the Castilian dub...I'm not sure what you would really expect from this. It's a completely different dub, made by a completely different company for a completely different audience. Castilian is not the same as Latin American Spanish, and I'm not just referring to the accent. A lot of colloquialisms are different, and the naming and terminology are so far from the original it detracts. (They call Sailor Moon "Guerrero Luna" despite the fact she is female, in which she would use the word "Guerrera" to refer to herself, but instead, she, and all the sailors, refer to themselves as "guerreros").

If you were referring to just the songs, then I'm really not sure. I mean, the latino culture is a part of me, and with the absence of Spanish dubbed songs, the idea of wanting them in Castilian didn't even cross my mind. I don't think Towers really sees that as something the fans would particularly want, since it has nothing to do with our dub. A bonus feature sure, but a must have? Nah.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:09 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 24 months ago
inactive
I am so jealous of these releases. I can hope one day the US can get releases with as much thought put into them as the Talk Boxes.

That picture of Mars on the back is awesome too! :D

Formerly Sailor Cybertron.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:25 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 15 months ago
inactive
Lunarkitten wrote:
I am so jealous of these releases. I can hope one day the US can get releases with as much thought put into them as the Talk Boxes.

I'm sure that they will, along with bringing the uncensored, original Japanese versions w/English Subtitles (Hey, we're not in the 90's anymore).

Quote:
That picture of Mars on the back is awesome too! :D

I definitely agree!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:09 am 
inactive
Teaser just went up on the Talk Box facebook page. A little preview of the greeting for Talk Box Jupiter is up on the Towers Entertainment website.

http://www.towers-entertainment.com/home.html

More information will be available in the coming days, so I'll be updating as soon as I find out. :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:14 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
@Vilhem: I just got mine today and went straight to episode 66, I could clearly hear the Japanese voices in the background(not in every scene though). The music was lowered in some scenes where the characters speak really loud in the Japanese version. That is probably the reason why the music and sounds effects sound better, because they recorded their voices on top of the Japanese track. I could be wrong though.. I don't remember how the dub process went.

Edit: Someone who works for the company that licensed Sailor Stars in Chile told me that there was a lot of noise in the M&E tracks that TOEI provided to Latin America. He also mentioned that you could hear the Japanese voices in many of the M&E tracks, and they tried to cancel as much as possible, but it ended up affecting the music very badly. That's why I think that they should allow international re-dubs of Sailor Moon. *tear tear*

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:30 am 
inactive
KAKERU wrote:
@Vilhem: I just got mine today and went straight to episode 66, I could clearly hear the Japanese voices in the background(not in every scene though). The music was lowered in some scenes where the characters speak really loud in the Japanese version. That is probably the reason why the music and sounds effects sound better, because they recorded their voices on top of the Japanese track. I could be wrong though.. I don't remember how the dub process went.

Edit: Someone who works for the company that licensed Sailor Stars in Chile told me that there was a lot of noise in the M&E tracks that TOEI provided to Latin America. He also mentioned that you could hear the Japanese voices in many of the M&E tracks, and they tried to cancel as much as possible, but it ended up affecting the music very badly. That's why I think that they should allow international re-dubs of Sailor Moon. *tear tear*

Yeah, I remember that's how they aired on TV too, which I thought was weird. In that one scene where Petz and Calaveras are arguing and Petz drops her cake, the Spanish audio drops completely and you can hear the Japanese dialogue. The quality improved on those as they continued to dub though.

As for Sailor Stars, yeah there was a bit of that too, but imo they shouldn't have messed with it. It's not enough to seriously be noticed..like, you have to really listen for it to be able to hear it. I honestly feel kinda cheated by the Stars release, but I wonder if that's the reason they were released so quickly and so cheap too..because of the low quality stuff Toei sent them. Who knows.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:28 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Talk Box Venus trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa8pGT-zWfc

Case art is the same as the first Italian S set.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:39 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Vilhem, would you mind translating this? https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... cation=ufi

So far, Toei is not interested in offering Sailor Moon Crystal to Mexico due to low sales of their talk boxes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:23 am 
inactive
Thanks Kakeru for bringing this post to my attention. I had been wondering why the 6th Talk Box was taking forever. Towers Entertainment/Capital 8 has given a response in regards to the delay.

Original Post: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1067921493226991&id=121667674519049&hc_location=ufi

Translation:
A few days ago we contacted our friends at Towers Entertainment/Capital 8 to ask about the delayed Sailor Moon Talk Box #6, and this was their friendly reply:

"Talk Box No. 6 Progress
Hi friends, thank you for contacting us. About the next Talk Box, we planned to release it back in March of this year. As several of you already know, the "next episode previews" and the dub voice actor sessions were recorded last year, to try and speed up things. Sadly, there are several factors that have delayed the project.

1. The dollar, incredibly, is the number one factor in the delay of not only the Talk Box project, but also other situations in the country. As some of you already know, the licenses are handled in dollars, as well as the materials, discs, metallic cases, etc. The list is long, and between providers, licensing companies and others, we can't come to an agreement.

2. Every Talk Box goes through a process known as "Authorization". If we don't have this authorization, as much as we want to, we cannot release the product. An authorization can take days, weeks, even months... and as you all have noticed, months have passed. Without this authorization, we cannot send anything to get produced. I'm omitting the name of the licensing company, but you all already know who it is.

3. It's not all bad news. These past months we've been working on Sailor Moon SuperS. The staff at Sailor Moon Mexico have been helping with the translations and adaptations for the SuperS "next episode previews", and we've submitted some rough designs for the next Talk Box sets, with the intention of getting the "authorization" faster.

The only thing we ask of the fans is a little more patience. Sadly, our region (Mexico and Latin America), is a region very much punished by companies due to rampant piracy, and the low sales of original (licensed) merchandise are still ridiculous to the Japanese companies. In this aspect, we are to blame for not supporting these companies more by buying licensed goods. We have the power to change things, not only to release this show, but also new shows like Sailor Moon Crystal (of which Toei surely had no interest in offering when they recently came to Mexico).

As you've all read, the news is both good and bad and all that's left is to have some patience and wait for Talk Box #6's release. Remember, if you have any questions or concerns, you can ask through the Sailor Moon Talk Box and Capital 8 Facebook pages."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bit rough but that's the gist of it!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:17 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
https://twitter.com/PonlePlayTv/status/ ... 3240898560
https://twitter.com/PonlePlayTv/status/ ... 4285393921

Looks like Sailor Moon is returning to TV on Azteca 7 next week and they might be using the Japanese upscale.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:44 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Vilhem wrote:

2. Every Talk Box goes through a process known as "Authorization". If we don't have this authorization, as much as we want to, we cannot release the product. An authorization can take days, weeks, even months... and as you all have noticed, months have passed. Without this authorization, we cannot send anything to get produced. I'm omitting the name of the licensing company, but you all already know who it is.

So, two years have passed since the company got the license for SuperS and Naoko still didn't give the authorization?
Well, I'm glad the mexicans at least will get a TV airing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:03 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
kevoso96 wrote:
Vilhem wrote:

So, two years have passed since the company got the license for SuperS and Naoko still didn't give the authorization?

See, this is something that drives me crazy...just look at the post you quoted, Kevoso96. They are talking about a licensing company, not a specific individual. They might be referring to PNP or they might be referring to Toei. It's unclear which company they're referring to, but they are clearly not referring to any single individual -- and they're CLEARLY not referring to Takeuchi herself.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:26 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
John wrote:
kevoso96 wrote:
Vilhem wrote:

See, this is something that drives me crazy...just look at the post you quoted, Kevoso96. They are talking about a licensing company, not a specific individual. They might be referring to PNP or they might be referring to Toei. It's unclear which company they're referring to, but they are clearly not referring to any single individual -- and they're CLEARLY not referring to Takeuchi herself.

Sorry, but it's common knowledge that Toei approves the international business plans and a final authorization by Naoko/PNP needs to take place. This is the authorization Selecta Vision from Spain stated they have been waiting for years, so it's most likely the case of Towers from Mexico. And since "PNP" stands for "Princess Naoko Planning", it's safe to use "Naoko". It's a company run by her, after all.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:03 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^Well said. Honestly, the amount of mental gymnastics some people go through to shield Naoko from any (and oftentimes legitimate) criticism is mind-boggling. It's like they're part of her PR team or something. :roll:

Last edited by Sailor Starlight on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:54 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Sailor Starlight wrote:
^Well said. Honestly, the amount of mental gymnastics some people go through to shield Naoko from any - and oftentimes legitimate - criticism is mind-boggling. It's like their part of her PR team or something. :roll:

The editor in chief from the publishing house that released the manga in Brazil once said they had to comply to EVERY demand she had, or else, no business.
And that she's like that when it comes to financially smaller markets, like Latin America. That's probably why poor mexicans had their DVD release stopped halfway :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:06 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
kevoso96 wrote:

The editor in chief from the publishing house that released the manga in Brazil once said they had to comply to EVERY demand she had, or else, no business.
And that she's like that when it comes to financially smaller markets, like Latin America. That's probably why poor mexicans had their DVD release stopped halfway :(

Yes, he did say that, and his company chose some kind of special (glossy?) paper to print the manga, just to impress her. After the company sent her the first samples she was allegedly so impressed that she gave them permission to release the manga in Brazil. I have never touched the Brazilian manga, but I hear that the quality of the Brazilian manga (texture of the pages, colors, feeling) is equal or superior to that of the Japanese Perfect edition.

The manager of the company says in this video that he had to find a way to soften her heart to let them publish the manga. He also said that they had been trying to release the manga since 2000 and that Naoko did not let them release the manga in Brazil until recently. He also said that she has to approve everything and is a very detail-oriented individual: she demands that the colors of the page match those of the original Japanese release, among other things.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:40 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I saw the broadcast of Sailor Moon this Monday in Mexico, I'm almost certain they used the new Blu-ray upscale.

The image was clear and better that those of the DVD's.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:03 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
MikeMasters05 wrote:
I saw the broadcast of Sailor Moon this Monday in Mexico, I'm almost certain they used the new Blu-ray upscale.

The image was clear and better that those of the DVD's.

I am almost sure too that they use blu-ray upscale. Let's see if they keep "silver crystal" song.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10