Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Mexican DVD official page launched!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:10 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 46 months ago
inactive
The people that pre-ordered already got their Talk Box in the mail, with the main release event being tomorrow.
And yes, no dubbed Princess Moon. But oh well. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:49 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 9 months ago
inactive
I have to wait a few more days to get mine since I didn't want to pay more for EMS shipping haha

Then again I can't check my mail box like an excited moonie each day cause I'm visiting family in California :( Hope its there when I return :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:01 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 42 months ago
inactive
That Princess Moon thing is very problematic for me. I HATE inconsistencies. Therefore, for the Spanish "HEART MOVING" to play alongside the Princess Moon animation would really really bother me, and therefore I have been holding off on buying Talk Box Mercury. This inconsistency with dubbed ending themes has bothered me enough to the point to where I had to settle for homemade bootlegs in which I replaced each ending theme with a Spanish-fansubbed version of the correct song for Dragon Ball GT, as only one of the four endings was dubbed.

Homura Akemi can hairflip to my heart.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:23 pm 
inactive
GotenDaisuki wrote:
That Princess Moon thing is very problematic for me. I HATE inconsistencies. Therefore, for the Spanish "HEART MOVING" to play alongside the Princess Moon animation would really really bother me, and therefore I have been holding off on buying Talk Box Mercury. This inconsistency with dubbed ending themes has bothered me enough to the point to where I had to settle for homemade bootlegs in which I replaced each ending theme with a Spanish-fansubbed version of the correct song for Dragon Ball GT, as only one of the four endings was dubbed.

Well, I don't think you can blame the team for the "inconsistency". Looks like they wanted to include it, but couldn't due to "someone" or "something". :mischief:

Meanwhile, the release event happened Saturday and it was a success. :) There's lots of pics in their official Facebook.
Look at the gorgeous posters for the 2 first seasons!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:30 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I still fail to see how opening and ending sequences could be a deal-breaker, but to each his/her own! :P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:55 pm 
inactive
It's one of my nitpicks. I hate that. I also don't like when the openings/endings don't have credits; therefore I view those "extras" all the DVDs contain as pointless. I'm weird, but it's done, and I'm probably going to hold off on this for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:17 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
I still fail to see how opening and ending sequences could be a deal-breaker, but to each his/her own! :P

*insert rant about FUNimation & their handling of certain shows' openings & endings here*

Yeah, you know exactly how i feel about them at the moment so i'll cut the "whining" this time. :|

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:19 am 
inactive
Princess Moon WAS dubbed into Spanish, but Naoko herself denied the right to have it on the Talk Box set, along with any other song dubbed.

The folks working on the Talk Box release would have LOVED to dub all the songs. There was even some interesting commentary on who would get to sing the songs: Marisa de Lille, who sang the opening and closing, or Salome Anjari, who has done splendid covers of the Sailor moon songs in Japanese and Spanish.

So the absence of dubbed songs isn't Towers/Capital8's fault, but our very own Naoko's

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:22 am 
inactive
So it's like Toei denying rights to most of the insert songs for Dragon Ball's English dub. Naoko wants these releases to be sub-par compared to the Japanese DVDs to show they are the definitive release and nothing will be able to surpass them. If she does the same with whoever will eventually receive the license to an American version, then that would be awful.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:39 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Well, at least you (hopefully) get the original Japanese songs on the Japanese track. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:43 am 
inactive
That's true. It's not a total loss. And if whoever dubs the series decides not to dub the songs in the first place, that's fine with me. I'll take the original Japanese version over a cover version with replaced instrumental tracks any day.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:44 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 14 months ago
inactive
Maybe it's Naoko's hesitation to have new dubs for anything in the show that's making an english redub so hard to do? I have no idea how it got that brand new Philippine dub, if that's the case.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:54 am 
Planeta
Planeta
GotenDaisuki wrote:
That's true. It's not a total loss. And if whoever dubs the series decides not to dub the songs in the first place, that's fine with me. I'll take the original Japanese version over a cover version with replaced instrumental tracks any day.

I do prefer English dubs to cover the songs (it makes it feel more complete), but it's always nice having the Japanese song as an alternative. In your situation, it's very useful. Though I don't think it has anything to do with Naoko wanting the release to be "inferior" to the Japanese release since the Japanese audio is still very much complete. :P

Seen wrote:
Maybe it's Naoko's hesitation to have new dubs for anything in the show that's making an english redub so hard to do? I have no idea how it got that brand new Philippine dub, if that's the case.

It might be because the elements to the original Filipino dub didn't exist in decent quality, and Toei was forced to compromise, same for the Thai and Hebrew dubs (in the latter's case, no prior dub had existed). It all has to do with money. Creating new dubs are on the expensive side, and Toei would prefer to retain the existing ones whenever possible. If a company wants to create a brand new dub, both companies would have to make an agreement, which would possibly result in the licensor paying more of a percentage of funding than usual, or, in many cases around the world, the original dub is forced to be retained if both parties cannot come to an agreement.

It's probably why Toei refuses to pay for any new songs as well (it's possible Naoko flips some of the bill as well). Even though the song was recorded, it was likely independently produced, and Toei (and possibly Naoko) would've had to pay royalties for it to be included. It's likely both companies didn't think it was worth it (likely moreso on Toei's end).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:11 am 
inactive
Well in terms of being "complete", the Talk Boxes are lacking in one very important thing: the Next Episode previews. Having those on a DVD collection of an old show nowadays is like the holy grail. And the Talk Boxes don't have them, other than the short 15-second previews, and those aren't even shown after ending credits.

Last edited by GotenDaisuki on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:11 am 
inactive
I'm willing to bet those weren't included with the masters that Towers/Capital 8 has. These guys are hardcore moonies aside from running their company. They want a "definitive" release just as much as any other moonie. They fought hard to get the remastered masters have been doing a lot of promotion for the sets and Sailor Moon in general via facebook posts (about 10 or so posts per day with trivia, images, youtube videos etc), conventions, voice actor signings and presences at anime conventions. These guys aren't just some faceless people running a business.

I am curious to know the official reason why these weren't included on the Talk Box. I'll fire a message at them on facebook to see what's up :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:32 am 
inactive
You mean the previews from the DVDs aren't the original previews? :?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:11 pm 
inactive
Nope. The previews on the DVDs are shortened 15-second versions of the original 30-second previews.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:20 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Meh, I don't care about previews either. As long as the episodes are the same. :tongue:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:51 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Sorry for double posting, but the music issues might not have anything to do with Naoko afterall. FUNimation's been having trouble with music for the recent One Piece sets (another Toei series). There's something weird going on with Toei.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:07 pm 
inactive
Well in this specific case, the folks over at Towers did confirm it was Naoko who prevented them from using dubbed versions of the songs

Also, my TalkBox Mercury is in the mail!!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:09 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Hmmm... this sounds more like a Toei thing. Who knows just what the hell's going on? :tongue:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:12 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Sorry for double posting, but the music issues might not have anything to do with Naoko afterall. FUNimation's been having trouble with music for the recent One Piece sets (another Toei series). There's something weird going on with Toei.

Oh, so it was Toei's fault that FUNi took the cheap route with Kai's opening for Parts 7 & 8? :roll:

Yeah, the dropping of ED14 i believe but not for them not dubbing OP5 & ED15.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:15 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
We really don't know. DBZ Kai is another Toei series, and I haven't heard anything directly from FUNi about it (though I'm not exactly sure what's going on there). According to the disclaimer on the One Piece set, FUNi had plans on dubbing those songs. Why else would they "appologize" for not doing so right on the DVD? They even mentioned that they'd like to correct it for future volumes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:22 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
We really don't know. DBZ Kai is another Toei series, and I haven't heard anything directly from FUNi about it (though I'm not exactly sure what's going on there). According to the disclaimer on the One Piece set, FUNi had plans on dubbing those songs. Why else would they "appologize" for not doing so right on the DVD? They even mentioned that they'd like to correct it for future volumes.

Well then, like i said on that thread, we'll have to wait to see when they release the third set for season 4. I highly doubt this situation has anything to do with the Talk Boxes though. P-:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:33 pm 
inactive
Quote:
Ayer durante la noche, en la página de Facebook del Talk Box de Sailor Moon se reveló que el tema Princess Moon para el futuro Talk Box Mercury no será doblado al Español (ni ninguno de los temas venideros) por órdenes expresas de la creadora de la franquicia.

Yesterday night, on the Talk Box Moon Facebook page, it was revealed that the song "Princess Moon" for the upcoming Talk Box Mercury will not be dubbed in Spanish (nor any of the upcoming songs) by explicit orders of the creator of the franchise.

>.>

Nothing to do with the Kai incidents nor Toei.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:55 am 
Planeta
Planeta
By creator, it could've just been a general statement, and only be referring to the producers or license-holders. I'm positive that that's the case. I highly doubt they were referring to Naoko Takeuchi herself.

I don't think they'd have an explicit reason to mention One Piece or DBZ Kai anyway. :tongue:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:23 am 
inactive
"Creator of the franchise"

If it was Toei's doing, it would have been something like "producer of the anime" (which is all they did)

"Franchise" includes everything in the Sailor Moon world from books to toys to games to tv series to movies. What do they all have in common? Naoko Takeuchi's work

Toei MAY or may not have influenced her to make this decision, but in the end it was still her decision.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:31 am 
Planeta
Planeta
It's a translation, so it maybe could've gone a number of ways (though I speak very little Spanish, despite taking it for three years, so wudoay know?). ^_^'

Though technically the producers would be considered creators of the series, but in different ways. :P

I still highly doubt Naoko has THAT much say in the way SM is treated internationally, especially since three whole dubs have been produced recently (four if you count Polish), I know at least the recent Hebrew, and possibly the Tagalog dub have song covers. :tongue: No anime/manga creator has that level of say in their work (for better or worse). Remember the whole Brazilian ordeal when MoonChase claimed that they told them that Naoko "wasn't allowing any redubs" (which was proved wrong with the new Thai and Tagalog dubs)? I think it was more a case of Toei wanting to cut costs by choosing to produce as few new language dubs as possible (the Japanese production company does usually assist with funding).

We'll probably never know exactly what's going on. :|

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:15 am 
inactive
por órdenes expresas de la creadora de la franquicia.

Something that doesn't translate well from Spanish to English is the gender of words, specifically "creadora", meaning "female creator". This alone is very specific to Takeuchi

The phrase above is pretty much what says it all. The word for word translation is "by expressed (explicit) orders of the female creator of the franchise". The fact that they used the female word for "Creator" is enough. The masculine word would be "creador", as would be if you were talking about a creator in general with no specific gender.

Does it make sense? ^_^'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:40 am 
Planeta
Planeta
I think so... ^_^'

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next