Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Mexican DVD official page launched!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:12 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 37 months ago
inactive
Vilhem wrote:
por órdenes expresas de la creadora de la franquicia.

Something that doesn't translate well from Spanish to English is the gender of words, specifically "creadora", meaning "female creator". This alone is very specific to Takeuchi

The phrase above is pretty much what says it all. The word for word translation is "by expressed (explicit) orders of the female creator of the franchise". The fact that they used the female word for "Creator" is enough. The masculine word would be "creador", as would be if you were talking about a creator in general with no specific gender.

Does it make sense? ^_^'

Yes, you say it right. Im spanish :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:59 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 42 months ago
inactive
It's now available in Mixup. I will wait until they lower the price a bit. :tongue:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:05 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
Mine's in the mail. I'll post pics once I arrive back home and open it :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:13 pm 
inactive
Capital 8 just announced that Talk Box Moon is sold out and they won't produce it again. If you want one, you can still buy it from online stores.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:24 pm 
inactive
If online stores are sold out as well, there have been a couple of listings on mercadolibre.com . It's kinda like the ebay for Mexico and Latin America. Some sellers do ship international. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:09 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 28 months ago
inactive
DJ Tomoe wrote:
Capital 8 just announced that Talk Box Moon is sold out and they won't produce it again. If you want one, you can still buy it from online stores.

THIS IS BULL!!

Wtf though? First it turns out I can only order this from ONE RETAILER in MEXICO who make it ridiculously difficult to ship internationally (the US of all places...); Second, Takeuchi's side blocks the dubbed insert songs (it annoyed me that except for like two songs that all the insert songs remained in Japanese when I watched the series), and now THIS?

I like the guys who spearheaded this but it's amusingly frustrating how much they implored fans NOT to pirate and yet this is what happens. I still don't have a Talk Box Moon :_(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:54 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
haifen wrote:
DJ Tomoe wrote:

THIS IS BULL!!

Wtf though? First it turns out I can only order this from ONE RETAILER in MEXICO who make it ridiculously difficult to ship internationally (the US of all places...); Second, Takeuchi's side blocks the dubbed insert songs (it annoyed me that except for like two songs that all the insert songs remained in Japanese when I watched the series), and now THIS?

I like the guys who spearheaded this but it's amusingly frustrating how much they implored fans NOT to pirate and yet this is what happens. I still don't have a Talk Box Moon :_(

Buy it from here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAILOR-MOON-SEA ... 4aba70ca11

My friend bought his talk box from that person and received it sooner than expected. I think it took about 2 weeks or so for the box to be delivered to his door.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:16 pm 
inactive
You can buy TB Moon here. They ship internationally and I think it should be cheaper than buying it from Capital 8.
TB Mercury just got a price drop here too, so I'm buying it now!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:41 am 
inactive
Still waiting for mine in the mail -_-;

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:07 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 28 months ago
inactive
mixup isn't letting me order either :/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:18 am 
inactive
haifen wrote:
mixup isn't letting me order either :/

Really? Does it show you an error message or something?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:05 pm 
inactive
I got her I got her! :D :D :D Going to go watch now, will write comments etc :D

Pics:

Last edited by Vilhem on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:14 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ An enviable collection - great graphic & product designs. :cool: Thx for sharing. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:53 pm 
inactive
Spanish audio is mono, though this was the way it was recorded back then. Japanese track sounds sooooooo good :D

Subtitles are an improvement from Talk Box Moon (actual translated dialogue instead of using "dub-titles"), though they use dub terminiology (names such as Serena, Daren, Armand for Mina's boyfriend in her backstory episode, Negaverso instead of Dark Kingdom etc, attack names etc). Oddly enough, "Queen Metalia" is used instead of "Negafuerza", lol

As previously announced, no Princess Moon dubbed sadly. On the Spanish audio track, the Spanish version of Heart Moving plays over the Princess Moon animation. The Princess Moon song plays on the Japanese audio track. I think I would have preferred to have the Princess Moon song play on the Spanish language track than hear Heart Moving in Spanish for the billionth time ^_^'

The 15 second previews are present in the Extras section, and are dubbed in Spanish. Original Japanese audio for these is also available. Other extras include clean opening and ending in Japanese and Spanish (with Heart Moving replacing Princess Moon on the Spanish track). Character profiles for the 5 scouts and the Dark Kingdom villains are narrated by Amy in Spanish. Interesting enough, she speaks about Zoisite in the male gender, and narrates something about "this general with an ambiguous gender". I'll have to go back and listen again to what exactly is said =^_^=

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:23 pm 
inactive
"Maboroshi no Ginzuisho" in Episode 34 was removed :( Understandable that the Spanish dubbed version had to be removed to follow Naoko's wishes of undubbed songs, but the original Japanese song could have been easily added in. Other insert songs are present, which makes me think that somehow they didn't secure the rights for this one particular song in Japanese. Oh well :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:38 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
The Mexican boxsets look beautiful. :happy: I quite honestly would not mind the absence of a few songs, etc. Here in North America (region 1) all we have available are the out-of-print and ridiculously overpriced ADV sets with bad sound and image. You guys are lucky.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:44 pm 
inactive
I live in the US too ^_^' But yeah, I understand the sentiment all too well. I sold off my ADV sets immediately when I found out these Talk Boxes were being released.

I think the only real gripe I have about these releases is that they take rather long, though maybe after Talk Box Mercury we'll see releases faster. I think what held up Mercury was all the talk about dubbing songs and whatnot (and the 20th anniv announcement might have delayed it too, who knows)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:15 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 38 months ago
inactive
Eh. I might get this sooner or later.
I mean, I can always switch the sound track over to Japanese whenever the ending plays.

Pet peeves suck.

Homura Akemi can hairflip to my heart.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:22 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Vilhem wrote:
"Maboroshi no Ginzuisho" in Episode 34 was removed :( Understandable that the Spanish dubbed version had to be removed to follow Naoko's wishes of undubbed songs, but the original Japanese song could have been easily added in. Other insert songs are present, which makes me think that somehow they didn't secure the rights for this one particular song in Japanese. Oh well :(

So i take it, nothing's playing in that particular part of the episode or is it replaced by an instrumental of some kind?

Plus can you check the Japanese audio to see if it plays there?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:32 am 
inactive
on the spanish audio, nothing plays. You just hear the voices and the sound effects

It's present on the Japanese audio track

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:04 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Vilhem wrote:
on the spanish audio, nothing plays. You just hear the voices and the sound effects

It's present on the Japanese audio track

Ouch, it seems that they had to go through the same issues that FUNimation had to deal with for their Dragon Ball & Dragon Ball Z (Japanese score) dubs where certain insert songs were missing and replaced with no music at all.

Just to be sure, this song was never dubbed before right?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:12 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 26 months ago
inactive
A mug is the last thing I expect a DVD to come with. XD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:49 am 
inactive
The song WAS dubbed, but it only aired once on TV. All subsequent airings of this episode sound the same as how it is on the dvd: there's no music playing in the background. You just hear the dialogue and the sound effects (the rainbow crystals floating around etc)

Here is what the dubbed song sounded like. It's a shame it wasn't included in any releases since the first TV airing :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j1D0utGnFk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:08 pm 
inactive
Apologies in advance for the necrobump, but I wanted to update everyone on the Talk Boxes.

Towers is getting ready to release Talk Box Mars, which will cover the first half of Sailor Moon R. They released a teaser via their FB with the voice of Rei promoting it.

Not sure the link will work but I'll try XD
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4672195687397

They promise another huge surprise soon. Can't wait to see what it is!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:49 am 
inactive
http://www.towers-entertainment.com/sai ... ada_2.html

Website was updated with the box art for Talk Box Mars and...Talk Box Jupiter! Looks spiffy! xD Can't wait!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:30 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Both look stunning. :cool:

You said Araceli De Leon's daughter will be filling in as Jupiter? That should be interesting to hear (though a bit sad at the same time). I wonder if she'll continue playing the role for the new anime (unless it goes the Latin American DBZ Kai route and none of the voice cast returns, though even then, Patricia Acevedo returned as Chiaotzu and Chi-Chi).

I wonder if Towers can acquire Sailor Stars, Pluto and Saturn will also be included in this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:56 am 
inactive
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Both look stunning. :cool:

You said Araceli De Leon's daughter will be filling in as Jupiter? That should be interesting to hear (though a bit sad at the same time). I wonder if she'll continue playing the role for the new anime (unless it goes the Latin American DBZ Kai route and none of the voice cast returns, though even then, Patricia Acevedo returned as Chiaotzu and Chi-Chi).

I wonder if Towers can acquire Sailor Stars, Pluto and Saturn will also be included in this.

The old dub cast hasn't been confirmed to come back for the new anime, but a lot of fans have been petitioning to make it happen. They're all still available fortunately, so we'll see what happens.

As for Araceli de Leon's daughter..yeah its a bit sad :( Only time will tell if she'll be considered for the new anime. Too far down the road for dubs atm.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:00 pm 
inactive
Jesus it's like a Sailor Moon-a-thon in Latin America this year LOL Just as I'm done reading the updates from the Chilean fanclub FB page, the Mexico FB page pops with more news and events. Here's the latest:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/562321_541815159202238_1099665788_n.jpg

"Silver Millennium Party" hosted by Sailor Moon Mexico:

To celebrate 10,000 likes on their FB page, Sailor Moon Mexico will be hosting a party. There'll be music, games, raffles, giveaways, and other surprises. There'll also be a trivia and karaoke contest. Marisa de Lille, who sang the opening and closing themes in Spanish, will be present at the event.

The event will be on April 27 (location in Mexico City lol >.>). Cosplayers will also receive a gift.

BEST NEWS?

Talk Box Mars (with the limited edition cup) will be handed out to people who pre-order. The price is 580 pesos (about 48 USD), and the cup is limited to 50 units only. Capital 8 is now taking pre-orders at udstore@hotmail.com and info@capital8.com.mx (atte: Miguel A. Vargas). Talk Box Moon and Mercury are also available for 500 pesos (about 42 USD).

As always, if you are interested in pre-ordering and need help, let me know! =^_^=

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:26 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Talk Box Mars is already available on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sailor-Moon-R-T ... 232a1ac782

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:34 am 
inactive
$100?! Are they crazy? LOL Man some of these ebay sellers.. lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next