Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: The music Dic vs the Japanese original.
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:29 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I in general prefer the Japanese original music with some exception. Namely on the episode where the Moon Princess is revealed. I felt that My Only Love was far better, more romantic and beautiful then Maboroshi no Ginzuishou and made the scene so much better. I would love to have a copy of a Viz dub that uses My Only Love for the scene.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:39 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
MariaTenebre wrote:
I in general prefer the Japanese original music with some exception. Namely on the episode where the Moon Princess is revealed. I felt that My Only Love was far better, more romantic and beautiful then Maboroshi no Ginzuishou and made the scene so much better. I would love to have a copy of a Viz dub that uses My Only Love for the scene.

couldn't agree more although that scene was ruined by DiC when they gave Usagi lines she didn't have in the Japanese version after transforming into Serenity

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:51 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Ryo Urawa wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

couldn't agree more although that scene was ruined by DiC when they gave Usagi lines she didn't have in the Japanese version after transforming into Serenity

I like My Only Love but the "Maboroshi no Ginzuishou" song was a lot better at conveying the dramatic shift in tone, starting with a melancholy melody with Mamoru's critical injury to something more hopeful as the long sought Princess is unveiled at last. I'm just a sucker for excellent scoring.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:56 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
Why not have both?

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:00 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
There are some songs from the english soundtracks that I really like, but overall I think I still prefer the original Japanese soundtracks, because there's more Japanese songs that I like from the anime.