Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Madman Entertainment picks up Sailor Moon for AUS and NZ
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:54 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
So is this confirmation they're using the Japanese coverart? Thanks for screwing us over Viz. :roll:

Yeah but at least we get a legit HD transfer on Blu-Ray ha

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:21 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
ChibiBoi wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
So is this confirmation they're using the Japanese coverart? Thanks for screwing us over Viz. :roll:

With heavy DNR applied just like the series because Viz hates film grain....and with Japanese audio close to mono quality.

Those waiting for the Australian Blu-ray of the movies probably won't get better either judging by Madman not knowing how to author BDs right themselves (see their Crystal sets & also Berserk 1997).

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:56 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
NJ_ wrote:
ChibiBoi wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

With heavy DNR applied just like the series because Viz hates film grain....and with Japanese audio close to mono quality.

Those waiting for the Australian Blu-ray of the movies probably won't get better either judging by Madman not knowing how to author BDs right themselves (see their Crystal sets & also Berserk 1997).

I think Toei hates grain more than Viz tbh, judging from their teamsters of the TV series.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:56 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
NJ_ wrote:
ChibiBoi wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

If the DNR was that heavy we wouldn't be able to see extremely small things like cel-painting flaws. :P It really is a great remaster on the level of CCS' Blu Ray sets. The Japanese audio is garbage though, yeah.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Seen2 wrote:
If the DNR was that heavy we wouldn't be able to see extremely small things like cel-painting flaws. :P It really is a great remaster on the level of CCS' Blu Ray sets. The Japanese audio is garbage though, yeah.

That's one of my favorite things about the BD, seeing little holes left in the lineart that we couldn't see before. I might consider buying the Region 4 version if the Japanese audio is better though... we shall see!

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:39 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
Pre order for Sailor Moon R: The Movie has appeared on the AU iTunes Store. Not sure what to make of the quality judging by the trailer, or even if that's any real indication. I'd be interested to know which master was used considering it's available in "HD".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:21 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/forum/ ... post666404

Quote:
I just got Sailor Moon R the movie today from Madman Entertainment, and just had a quick look through the dvd. I didn't like the main menu design, as there was NO main image in the main menu, just a logo with some menu options. I liked the sailor moon R the movie extra, which is good. I'm happy to have sailor moon franchise on dvd (in decent quality), but it seems from my point of view that Madman may or may not have had their hands tied (from Viz and Toei), when it comes to signing off on the product final design of this release. I'm happy from the point of view. that I got the release between 3-7 before the actual release date, I'm just merely satisfied at the moment. I'm just waiting for Sailor Moon S part 2 to be released from Madman, before I can get my high back. ;)

Did anyone here get the DVD yet? I'm curious to see if any changes were made and how they handled the packaging, disc & menus. Some pics would also be appreciated and here's Viz's release for comparison.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:52 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Man I wish they'd post screen caps too

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:43 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/forum/ ... post666639

Quote:
Hi All

I' never done something like this before, but here goes:

Note: Below are the details of Sailor Moon R The Movie from Madman Entertainment on DVD, NOT Blu-ray:

DVD Cover Art Front:
https://image.ibb.co/dO3kXa/Sailor_Moon_R_The_Movie_Cover_Art.jpg

DVD Inside cover art
https://image.ibb.co/c3ZEQv/Sailor_Moon_R_The_Movie_Inside_DVD_Art.jpg

DVD Back cover art
https://image.ibb.co/fJ1uQv/Sailor_Moon_R_The_Movie_Back_Cover_Art.jpg

DVD Disk Art:
https://image.ibb.co/nuruQv/Sailor_Moon_R_The_Movie_DVD_Disk_Art.jpg

Menu Design Pics:

Main Menu:
https://image.ibb.co/mAxesa/Sailor_Moon_R_The_Movie_DVD_Main_Menu.jpg

Setup Menu:
https://image.ibb.co/gkwB5v/Sailor_Moon_R_The_Movie_DVD_Setup_Menu.jpg

Extra Menu:
https://image.ibb.co/jy0zsa/Sailor_Moon_R_The_Movie_DVD_Extra_Menu.jpg

DVD Movie pics can be seen below:

White subs confirmed.
https://image.ibb.co/b3cqyF/Sailor_Moon_R_The_Movie_White_Subtitles.jpg

No insert song(s) translation for the main feature this release.
https://image.ibb.co/iaaM5v/Sailor_Moon_R_The_Movie_Insert_song_scene_no_translation_of_insert_songs.jpg

No song translation for ending credits.
https://image.ibb.co/f6fAyF/Sailor_Moon_R_The_Movie_DVD_Ending_Screen_cap_Jap_lang_with_eng_subs_on_no_eng_translation_of_ending_song_credits_with_white_subtitles_also_no_Japanese_credits.jpg

Make Up Sailor Moon Extra pics - white subs confirmed:
https://image.ibb.co/cuKg5v/Make_Up_Sailor_Moon_movie_extra_White_subs_no_chapter_stops_on_this_extra.jpg

No song translation of Sailor Moon Make Up Extra Ending credits.
https://image.ibb.co/k7N15v/Make_up_Sailor_Moon_Ending_song_pic_no_song_translation_english_credits_only_no_japanese_credits.jpg

Other Note(s)/Detail(s):
- Went through the disk with japanese language, with eng subs on.
- No chapter stops for Make Up Sailor Moon extra (only at the end, if that counts).
- No 4:3 ratio, ONLY Widescreen.
- No Scene Selection menu for the movie (really odd IMO), but the feature has chapter stops.
-White subs for movie and sailor moon extra (Make Up Sailor Moon).
- No songs/insert songs are subbed or translated.
- No image on main menu, though the ending movie theme song plays in the background.
- No physical extras, are included in this release.
- Not sure about the hard subs details (some individual help me to please explain?)
- No English credits for the movie feature.
- Both the movie and special are left in japansese credits.
- I'll be getting the other Madman Sailor Moon movie(s)/Specials, and if requested, I'll do something similar to this again in the future.

N.B: I'm just a messenger, trying to help out other individual(s), on what release of Sailor Moon R the movie, that they may or may not want to purchase. The Choice/Power is yours.

So they kept both English credit scrolls, also that inside artwork...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:02 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Cover art for S pt2:

https://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/39072/sailor-moon-s-season-3-part-2-eps-109127

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:57 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
Sick! I've already got it preordered from Sanity.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:41 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I still don't know why the U.S. was unable to use the Japanese coverart for the R movie but Australia got it without any issue. The disc art looks a lot more nicer to me than the Viz disc art to me too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:46 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
It looks like Madman is now going to be releasing Sailor Moon on Blu Ray in Australia. It will be interesting to see how the quality of their release compares to the Viz release. https://twitter.com/Madman/status/899088600884707328

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:05 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
That's good news. My preorder has come in too so I'm getting it tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:23 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
It looks like Madman is now going to be releasing Sailor Moon on Blu Ray in Australia. It will be interesting to see how the quality of their release compares to the Viz release. https://twitter.com/Madman/status/899088600884707328

Well, they did confirm is was the Japanese masters and in complete season sets so that's something. Aren't the Japanese masters confirmed to be only slightly better then Viz's.

Even if they have good covers, they'll be ruined by those giant rating labels Australia uses.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:46 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Hope to see comparisons with the Japanese releases, yes it'll be better than Viz but as seen with Crystal & Berserk 1997, we might see some differences anyway.

Also what happens to the DVDs? Will they wait until after Toei's SuperS & Stars upscales are out?

EDIT:

SnowWolf wrote:
Well, they did confirm is was the Japanese masters and in complete season sets so that's something.

Source: https://twitter.com/JRPictures/status/8 ... 7545133056

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:55 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Well that's just great... time to sell my previous DVDs LOL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:10 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
Also what happens to the DVDs? Will they wait until after Toei's SuperS & Stars upscales are out?

I guess we won't be seeing SS and Stars from the European masters... :unsure:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:02 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:

Season 1 isn't that much of an improvement, but from I've seen from the TV broadcast of R, it's night and day compared to Viz lol

West wrote:
Pre order for Sailor Moon R: The Movie has appeared on the AU iTunes Store. Not sure what to make of the quality judging by the trailer, or even if that's any real indication. I'd be interested to know which master was used considering it's available in "HD".

It was confirmed a while back that Toei themselves remastered the movies from the film negatives.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:38 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
https://www.madman.com.au/news/sailor-m ... w-zealand/

Quote:
Why are you releasing a Blu-Ray now and not before?
For the very first time the series will become available in a HD format for fans to own, using the newly created High Definition masters from Japan. As we had announced during the initial license acquisition back in 2014, since there had not been a Blu-Ray release in Japan, we felt it was best to wait for there to be an original Japanese HD master to become available before we released the series on Blu-ray. In the mean time we had sourced masters from all across the world in order to create our DVD releases with the promise of delivering a Blu-Ray release down the track. At the time of the original DVD release, we had no insight into when or if a HD master would ever be created in Japan. These season sets will initially be released in a collector’s format with a hardbox, collector’s booklet and 2 cases in each sets housing each season. The Blu-Rays will be consistent with the DVD sets and will contain both the original Japanese audio options with English subtitles and also new English dub audio.

How will you be releasing it?
We will be releasing the series on Blu-Ray as complete season sets initially. Season 1, Season 2 (R), Season 3 (S) will be released as complete Blu-Ray sets starting from December 2017. Pricing and other inclusions are to be determined, so please check back with our website and social media as we work on confirming the final formats and other release information.

What about the DVD sets?
Seasons 1 through 3(S) will remain exactly the same as they are now. We will not be remastering these DVD sets. However with the release of each of these seasons on Blu-Ray we will also be repackaging the currently released parts into a complete season set.

What is happening with Sailor Moon Super S and Sailor Moon Sailor Stars?
These yet to be released seasons will continue to be released in half season parts on DVD initially. We wish to continue with a consistent release pattern for these in order for collectors who have collected the sets originally to have a clean continuous release. Sailor Moon Super S and Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars will be released using these newly created masters for both the DVD and BD sets. Both Season 4 and 5 will have Blu-Ray releases initially, alongside DVD releases in 2 parts for each season as well as a Collector’s Edition for Part 1 of each season, which will contain a booklet and hardbox to house both parts of each season. We are releasing it in this format in order to be able to release the Blu-Ray sets in sync with the DVD and also be able to present it in a consistent format with the DVD sets. As mentioned above, Seasons 1-3’s initial release will be released in a way that has a consistent look with how season 4 and 5 are released so that it will have a consistent look for the entire set.

What about the movies?
We will release the movies on Blu-Ray, but the format in how they are released is yet to be decided. As soon as we have made a decision we will be sure to update this blog and make release plans known.

We hope this clears up any confusion surrounding the Sailor Moon release. We are very excited to be able to bring the series to all fans on Blu-Ray and continue with releasing the entire original series for the first time for fans in Australia and New Zealand. Please continue to look forward to our upcoming releases and thank you for your support!

Japanese upscale confirmed for SuperS & Stars DVDs.

Second confirmation

Madman wrote:
Quote:
Will the SuperS/Stars DVDs still use the Dynit masters or will they be switching the upscaled JP BD masters when those are available?

We will be using the new JP masters from Super S onward.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:18 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
So there won't be any delays for the SuperS DVD release?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:02 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Neon Genesis wrote:

Since they're using the upscale, they will probably need to wait until Japan releases the Blu-ray box sets first which judging by their bi-monthly schedule, will probably be around Summer & Fall 2018.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:39 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

Since they're using the upscale, they will probably need to wait until Japan releases the Blu-ray box sets first which judging by their bi-monthly schedule, will probably be around Summer & Fall 2018.

Strange! They messaged me saying they will be using the European masters for SuperS & Stars DVD box sets in order to match the quality of seasons 1-3.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:51 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
They also need to wait on the dub to be available for SuperS. As of now, we don't know when that will be out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:57 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
They also need to wait on the dub to be available for SuperS. As of now, we don't know when that will be out.

If Crystal set 3 is coming Christmas time, I think we can assume SuperS will be out around springtime

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:25 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
They really are taking their sweet time with the original show. I was hoping they'd be on Stars by now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:17 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Available on December 6th

DVD (8 discs): http://b2b.madman.com.au/actions/catalo ... seId=41317
Blu-ray (5 discs): https://b2b.madman.com.au/actions/catal ... seId=41318

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:57 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membership
So has anyone bought set 2 from madman i seem to keep having the same glitch i have already received two box sets and it seems to glitch on the same scene when sailor moon uses rainbow moon heart ache on the monster in episode 117 when the monster is saying no way it glitches and skips for a second?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:35 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
moonman13 wrote:
So has anyone bought set 2 from madman i seem to keep having the same glitch i have already received two box sets and it seems to glitch on the same scene when sailor moon uses rainbow moon heart ache on the monster in episode 117 when the monster is saying no way it glitches and skips for a second?

I have it. I haven't seen that myself though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:53 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:

https://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/41318/sailor-moon-complete-season-1-bluray

Wait... 99 Australian dollars? For the full season on BD? Can that be right? Viz takes that price for half a season. ^_^'

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13