Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Madman Entertainment picks up Sailor Moon for AUS and NZ
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:01 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
flash over wrote:
moonman13 wrote:
Im really lost on this so bare with me :lol: I just started noticing the glitches the viz version has done for R and classic and i was thinking of investing into these but i wanna make sure that 1.the quality is as great as its ever going to be for sailor moon for the time being 2. the pre episode previews play before the intro theme 3. the ghosting is gone 4. Ill be able to watch in the US 5. Would it be worth double dipping for sailor moon if these end up being superior ill give my viz sets to a friend. Sorry i just really want to make sure i will be getting my moneys worth and amazing quality for sailor moon not spend over 60 bucks and still have viz like quality.

1. Yes.
2. Not sure, but it's probably in the same order as Viz.
3. Yes. The ghosting was caused by Viz. They're using the Italian remaster.
4. Not without a region free DVD player, but you could copy it onto a DVD-R and it they'll be playable.
5. It's worth it if you can afford it.

Think it will work if i burn the dvds on a region one dvd and they will be playable on a region 1 dvd or should i just invest in a region free player?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:29 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
moonman13 wrote:
flash over wrote:
moonman13 wrote:
Im really lost on this so bare with me :lol: I just started noticing the glitches the viz version has done for R and classic and i was thinking of investing into these but i wanna make sure that 1.the quality is as great as its ever going to be for sailor moon for the time being 2. the pre episode previews play before the intro theme 3. the ghosting is gone 4. Ill be able to watch in the US 5. Would it be worth double dipping for sailor moon if these end up being superior ill give my viz sets to a friend. Sorry i just really want to make sure i will be getting my moneys worth and amazing quality for sailor moon not spend over 60 bucks and still have viz like quality.

1. Yes.
2. Not sure, but it's probably in the same order as Viz.
3. Yes. The ghosting was caused by Viz. They're using the Italian remaster.
4. Not without a region free DVD player, but you could copy it onto a DVD-R and it they'll be playable.
5. It's worth it if you can afford it.

Think it will work if i burn the dvds on a region one dvd and they will be playable on a region 1 dvd or should i just invest in a region free player?

Ripping the disc to your computer and re-burning it will strip the away any region protections, but you have to change the region code to 4 on your computer's DVD drive first to even read the disc, and I believe you can only do this like 5 or so times in its life before the selected region becomes permanent.

I believe you just right click on the DVD drive and there should be options to change the region and how many changes you have left.

And assuming these DVDs are dual layered (bigger than 4.3GB) you will need to buy DVD-R DL discs not the regular DVD-R

Region free DVD player is of coarse a simple option if you're willing to invest in it :keke:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:28 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
No need to change the region code to rip a DVD from a region that your computer is currently set to.

@idkzhao: Pre-orders for Sailor Moon R Part 1 from Madman have been available since December. I hear that Madman is currently behind on many orders because they just moved warehouse, so you may want order from jbhifi or mightyape.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:02 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Since I would rather not put my laptop at risk does anyone know a good region free dvd player i should start looking into and thank you all for the advice my final decision is i will invest in the madman sets and just use a region free dvd player for these :).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:11 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
moonman13 wrote:
Since I would rather not put my laptop at risk does anyone know a good region free dvd player i should start looking into and thank you all for the advice my final decision is i will invest in the madman sets and just use a region free dvd player for these :).

You won't be putting your laptop at risk by ripping the ISO file, but if you want to buy a region free DVD player then you may want to check Amazon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:30 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
KAKERU wrote:
moonman13 wrote:

You won't be putting your laptop at risk by ripping the ISO file, but if you want to buy a region free DVD player then you may want to check Amazon.

My only concern with the laptop is having to constantly change between regions just to get the movie to show up if i want to rip the file and since i only get a few tries i would run out of tries before Madman releases the entire series and specials unless someone can explain how ripping it will help me then i can save a few bucks not having to buy a region free player please :lol: Also would doing this remove or mess up the quality in anyway ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:46 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Why not just watch the DVDs on your computer?

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:00 am 
inactive
Today, I picked up my copy of Season 1 Part 2 at JB Hi-Fi, and I just realised that Part 2 can barely fit into the Limited Edition box. You have to remove the booklet for it to fit, and even then it's a struggle to put it in. I have noticed a few light finger prints, scratches and scuff marks on the discs, especially part 1 discs. I might have to swap my copy at JB Hi-Fi tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:10 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
moonman13 wrote:
My only concern with the laptop is having to constantly change between regions just to get the movie to show up if i want to rip the file and since i only get a few tries i would run out of tries before Madman releases the entire series and specials unless someone can explain how ripping it will help me then i can save a few bucks not having to buy a region free player please :lol: Also would doing this remove or mess up the quality in anyway ?

There is no need to change regions at all if you're just going to rip the ISO file, DVDDecrypter will crack it for you and your file will be region free. You only have to switch regions if you plan on watching it on your computer, but since you want to burn it on a disc, then all you have to do is just insert the disc in your drive(no matter what region your drive is set to) and rip it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:50 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
KAKERU wrote:
moonman13 wrote:

There is no need to change regions at all if you're just going to rip the ISO file, DVDDecrypter will crack it for you and your file will be region free. You only have to switch regions if you plan on watching it on your computer, but since you want to burn it on a disc, then all you have to do is just insert the disc in your drive(no matter what region your drive is set to) and rip it.

If you use the VLC media player, then region won't be a problem as VLC can play it regardless.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:42 am 
inactive
SnowWolf wrote:
KAKERU wrote:
moonman13 wrote:

If you use the VLC media player, then region won't be a problem as VLC can play it regardless.

Interesting. I haven't tried DVD Decrypter but I do remember years ago trying to play my R2 DVDs in my computer and VLC couldn't read them unless I changed the region. But that was years ago so maybe VLC updated it since.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:08 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
If you use Media Play Classic, which comes free with the Combined Community Codec Pack (which itself is also free), you can just watch the DVDs on your computer.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:30 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Sabrblade wrote:
If you use Media Play Classic, which comes free with the Combined Community Codec Pack (which itself is also free), you can just watch the DVDs on your computer.

I do have that one so do i just pop in the disc and say i want it to run with this one and not have to change the region ? Sorry im not so tech savy like most of the users here lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:13 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
moonman13 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I do have that one so do i just pop in the disc and say i want it to run with this one and not have to change the region ? Sorry im not so tech savy like most of the users here lol

If you plan to watch the DVD directly from your DVD-drive to any media player on your computer, you will have to switch regions if your computer is currently NOT set to the region of the DVD. One way to watch it on your computer without messing with the region is to RIP the DVD in VIDEO_TS format and play it on Media Player Classic or rip the DVD and burn it to a blank DVD disc.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:07 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Just back from boot camp. How is the DVD quality? Is it that much more worth the buy than the VIZ dvds?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:57 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 14 months ago
inactive
DVD Quality is excellent, far superior to the Viz videos I've seen posted online, no ghosting or other horrible glitchiness. It's taken from the Italian masters, which are generally considered the best quality. The Madman dvd's are at this time the best english language adaptations available.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:10 am 
inactive
Definitely worth it. Only con is that their releases come sometime after Viz's so will have to wait, but it's worth the wait for me. :smug:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:17 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Hello I am back again first i want to thank you all for helping me out and giving me advice and answering my questions i had. I decided to buy the Madman sets of season 1 which arrived in the mail yesterday and I have to say wow these were far greater than what i was expecting the episode preview plays before the intro, the ghosting is gone, the quality is amazing for this being a dvd release and it cost me way less to get the limited edition box 1 and part two from Australia than it did in the US. The quality is so good in the episode 6 when its raining you can actually see the rain drops each one and during sailor moons transformation you can actually see the little white stars in the back. I just use my moms laptop to watch the sets for now since she hardly ever uses her laptop so that takes care of the whole region lock. The only bad thing is like every few seconds you see little dust artifacts appear on screen but its barley noticeable which i can understand this series is over 20 years old and that doesn't bother me as much as the ghosting did with the viz sets and its not throughout the whole episode and also the menus are just a picture of the character of that disc with the theme playing in the background but I would rather have a boring menu if it means we get amazing quality and i ordered the sets from here and the second season is already available for pre order too highly recommend this place i got my order in a week and a half which is really fast being a international purchase also keep in mind the prices you see are in Australian dollars so if your from the US and buying from here you will be charged US dollars which is a lot less than what will show up on their end https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-sho ... on/936339/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:24 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Finalised artwork.
http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/35133/sailor-moon-r-season-2-part-1-eps-4768-limited-edition

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:56 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Just got mine in. The quality almost looks like the Italian DVDs. (I think someone said that's what they were...) The shaking and artifacts are a little annoying, but dat grain.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:41 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 9 months ago
inactive
These things are not truly limited edition. The first "limited" set has just come back into stock at Madman direct, having been out of stock for about 7 weeks.

The whole "limited" sales tactic is one I truly despise, although of course, so many of them do it!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:05 pm 
Luna
Luna
I expect Madman to keep producing them until demand dies down. I highly doubt they'll still be making them after a year, from then on only the DVDs will be in print.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:01 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Nebiroth wrote:
These things are not truly limited edition. The first "limited" set has just come back into stock at Madman direct, having been out of stock for about 7 weeks.

The whole "limited" sales tactic is one I truly despise, although of course, so many of them do it!

JBHiFi and Mightyape have been having them in stock ever since the release date. I think Madman went "out of stock" when they moved warehouse back in late December.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:08 pm 
inactive
No, MightyApe and JB's stock gradually depleted from the original lot - in fact MightyApe just sold their last one

I suspect that demand was higher than Madman thought, and they have bowed to complaints and run off some more

Incidentally, I wonder if it's possible that Madman will pull ahead of the Viz releases?

Viz announced Sailor Moon almost two years ago, and so far, we've had four half-seasons - lol. We're very overdue for hearing about Sailor Moon S coming to DVD. The dubs are done, aren't they? Viz just announced that they'll be streaming subbed/dubbed Sail Stars fairly soon.

If the dubs are done, Madman could pull ahead. They are ahead on One Piece, by a fair amount too. It would be nice if Madman stuck to a Sailor Moon set every two months; their schedules are usually very regular and reliable, unlike Viz (and Manga, come to that)

The French, German and Italian releases managed to do all five seasons in two years. Looks like Viz might actually take about twice that. Slow like molasses. Germany is already scheduled to get the first season of Crystal on DVD and BluRay - this year!

Lord knows when we'll get and English DVD/BD of that. 2027 by this rate.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:40 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The dub's not done. Keith Silverstein just confirmed he went in for his last session for Professor Tomoe, which means they're just finishing up S. At the latest, they've just started SuperS.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:35 am 
inactive
Ah. I guess the reports that Viz were preparing to stream the final episodes of Stars with English dubs. It will be just with subs then.

I'd have been perfectly happy with just subs and a faster release :)

Can't really understand wanting to see it dubbed at all but that's just me I guess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:12 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 14 months ago
inactive
Nebiroth wrote:
Ah. I guess the reports that Viz were preparing to stream the final episodes of Stars with English dubs. It will be just with subs then.

I'd have been perfectly happy with just subs and a faster release :)

Can't really understand wanting to see it dubbed at all but that's just me I guess

I have never watched Stars, for the sole reason that it has never been dubbed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:36 am 
Luna
Luna
https://b2b.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?method=view&releaseId=35134

Sailor Moon R part 2 - June 8th release.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:35 pm 
inactive
Be interesting if they keep this up

Dear lord, Viz are so slow. They announced all this two years ago, and they've only managed to release two out of five seasos

The French, German and Italian releases managed all five in two years lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:26 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Madman's covers for R are also superior, not that that's a surprise. :P

Nebiroth wrote:
Dear lord, Viz are so slow. They announced all this two years ago, and they've only managed to release two out of five seasos

The French, German and Italian releases managed all five in two years lol

Weren't those countries able to re-release their old dubs though? I know some had to dub Stars or a few undubbed scenes, but that's a lot less time-consuming than redubbing all 5 seasons, 3 movies and specials.

In any case, the good news is Viz does have a Sailor Moon panel scheduled for this Saturday. I'm expecting we'll be getting dates for S at the very least. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next