Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 10:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Madman Entertainment picks up Sailor Moon for AUS and NZ
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:22 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The Blizzard Prince wrote:
Nebiroth wrote:
Dear lord, Viz are so slow. They announced all this two years ago, and they've only managed to release two out of five seasos

The French, German and Italian releases managed all five in two years lol

Weren't those countries able to re-release their old dubs though? I know some had to dub Stars or a few undubbed scenes, but that's a lot less time-consuming than redubbing all 5 seasons, 3 movies and specials.

Yup, all 3 re-released their original dubs and it was only France that dubbed Stars recently because they didn't have that season the first time.

Also Germany has yet to finish releasing the original because they still haven't released the movies & specials over there yet and with them now dubbing & releasing Crystal, it's probably going to take a while.

And then there's Mexico who hasn't released anything past the first half of S (Talk Box Venus) and won't be releasing Crystal at all (source).

Quote:
In any case, the good news is Viz does have a Sailor Moon panel scheduled for this Saturday. I'm expecting we'll be getting dates for S at the very least. :)

And/or say something about Crystal since in addition to Season 3, we haven't heard anything about the first set since the listings got pulled from Amazon back in November.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:19 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
So I live in the U.S. and I want the madman sets. Is it best to go on ebay to order them and a region free dvd player as well?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:56 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
snowmint wrote:
So I live in the U.S. and I want the madman sets. Is it best to go on ebay to order them and a region free dvd player as well?

You're better off going with a retailer like JB Hi-Fi, MightyApe, or Madman themselves.

Madman's packaging is pretty sketchy for me because both of my season 1 dvds came with broken cases and scratched dvds, but since they were really prompt with ordering my replacements, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say customs was too rough.

If you wanna save some cash, just watch the dvds on your computer using one of the methods the guys on the previous page said. VLC has native support for region free dvds so that should be the easiest to install.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:41 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Those sites mentioned above ship to the U.S.?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:43 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 10 months ago
inactive
snowmint wrote:
Those sites mentioned above ship to the U.S.?

Yup

Incidentally, you might find that your existing DVD player can be unlocked by entering in a code from the remote.

Even if it's a BluRay player, this can still apply, but only for DVD playback. BluRay's region coding system is very different to DVD, but essentially every BluRay player includes a DVD player, if that makes sense.

You can try entering your player's make and model number and combining this with "region hack" in google

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:11 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 8 months ago
inactive
So apparently there was no news on release dates of Viz's Crystal nor S today. There will be a Sailor Moon panel next Saturday at another event though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:14 am 
inactive
☹ed wrote:
So apparently there was no news on release dates of Viz's Crystal nor S today. There will be a Sailor Moon panel next Saturday at another event though.

What a surprise. How long are Viz going to sit on this? After making such a song and dance about it I can't say I'm impressed.

Two years in and we're not even hearing about when we might get the third season, which leads me to suspect it's months away at the least. I was hopeful when the first four sets looked like the gaps between might be about 4 months on average. That's still three years to completion.

But R part two was October last year, and whilst the screwup on that introduced a delay making the "release" date December, it looks like it's going to be six months. Or more.

It's ridiculously slow, even allowing for the new dub.

And then we have to factor in Crystal which I have a nasty feeling isn't going to be released in parallel. How long until we get the full series? 2021? Will they even be selling DVD's by then?

Hard to believe that nearly two years after announcing this with a big splash they've only managed four half-season sets.

It does make me wonder in Madman will pull ahead. It would be very odd to rush (compared to Viz) the first four (yes, I know the dubs were already done), then to slow down to a snail's pace. If Madman know the release schedule, and it's going ot be this slow, you'd think they'd manage expectation by spacing out their initial sets more.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:34 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
My impression is that madman are rushing this release out in order to close the gap with Viz. I imagine once they have caught up, the release schedule will begin to match that of Viz.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:28 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 8 months ago
inactive
No news about Viz's S nor Crystal release at this event either.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:02 pm 
inactive
Sigh. Getting to be a bit ridiculous after the fuss they made about getting it...two years ago. Three seasons to go and the movies and Crystal...2020 anyone..?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:44 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm re-adjusting my expectations to a season a year. S 2016, SuperS 2017, Stars 2018, and movies/specials 2019. I'm assuming at least one Crystal boxset per year as well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:40 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
For people who are importing these releases, how has your experience been with shipping? I ordered the Classic sets from Madman directly, and both of them arrived with broken cases and scratched discs. Madman was kind enough to ship replacements to me, but again, one of the cases broke during transit.

This is really outputting because I've imported the entire Italian release and all of the sets came without a scratch. Not to mention I used to import video games from Japan and those arrived undamaged as well.

Is this more customs/my local post office being extra rough with my mail or bad packaging ? :confused:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:12 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
idkzhao wrote:
For people who are importing these releases, how has your experience been with shipping? I ordered the Classic sets from Madman directly, and both of them arrived with broken cases and scratched discs. Madman was kind enough to ship replacements to me, but again, one of the cases broke during transit.

This is really outputting because I've imported the entire Italian release and all of the sets came without a scratch. Not to mention I used to import video games from Japan and those arrived undamaged as well.

Is this more customs/my local post office being extra rough with my mail or bad packaging ? :confused:

I bought the madman releases from https://www.jbhifi.com.au/ they really protect the dvds with a huge amount of bubble wrap and i have had no problems they arrive perfect especially since i important them to US too they arrive in about a week and a half which is really fast you should give them a try and they usually have sales so they cost less too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:36 am 
inactive
idkzhao wrote:

That's not the first I've heard about stuff ordered direct from Madman (though the Astro Boy and Gigantor sets I bought last year were packed in sturdy card boxes with plenty of packing, they were fine)

Maybe Madman just use padded envelopes when you order single items? In my experience these don't really have enough protection for international mail.

I would guess you bought the Italian sets via Amazon? Easiest and cheapest way. Amazon are great for packing stuff well.

Scratched discs usually happen when they come off their spindles in the sets. Different boxes have different spindle designs, the upside is that the discs are easy to get off, the downside is, they also fall off more easily, to rattle around inside and get scratched to bits.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:24 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
idkzhao wrote:

I ordered part 1 limited edition and part 2 of the first season off eBay from "the_nile" and my part one DVD case was broken. One of the hubs broke off and the DVD was rattling around and got scratched. Part 2 a disc was also rattling around, no scratches though. I pre-ordered season 2 part 1 limited edition from JB Hi-Fi so we shall see how that goes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:20 pm 
inactive
Part 2 of R is up for pre-order at Madman (as expected, June)

So then all we have to do is wait until Viz release the dub to Madman for S. Around 2028 I expect.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:01 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
Hi guys! This is kinda off topic, but to anyone who has the Madman DVDs, is it possible to turn off subtitles on the Japanese track?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:56 am 
Luna
Luna
^i don't believe you can. I think there would be reverse importation fears from Toei if that were the case.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:53 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
Sera-V wrote:
^i don't believe you can. I think there would be reverse importation fears from Toei if that were the case.

Really? I can turn subtitles off just fine on my computer. What happens when press the subtitle button on an actual DVD player?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:19 pm 
inactive
Thanks for the response Sera-V and Blitz! And Blitz, just to confirm, you can turn off all subtitles while being on the Japanese track on your computer?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 pm 
inactive
Pei10 wrote:
Thanks for the response Sera-V and Blitz! And Blitz, just to confirm, you can turn off all subtitles while being on the Japanese track on your computer?

Yes. The Setup menu on the Sailor Moon DVD menu doesn't have an option for Japanese without subtitles, but in VLC Player it's as simple as going to Subtitle > Sub Track > Disable

I haven't tested it on an actual DVD player since I don't have a R4 player and I'm too lazy to rip and re-burn atm, but most DVD players should have an option to change/disable subtitles, I would think you could disable them like that, but don't quote me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:51 pm 
Luna
Luna
Pei10 wrote:

I can turn off all subs while having the Japanese audio track on my DVD player as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:40 pm 
inactive
Thanks for the help guys!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:48 pm 
inactive
I just picked up two copies of Sailor Moon R Part 1 (Limited Edition) at my local JB Hi-Fi. Sadly, I had to pay full price as they weren't offering 20% discounts on new releases. Once again, the picture quality is absolutely stunning. Congratulations, once again, to Madman for obtaining the Italian masters. I can't wait for Part 2 to be released in June!

See photo below:

http://i.imgur.com/J6pjCvM.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:55 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
I just got a email saying jbhifi is having a delay with sailor moon R shipping and have a estimate that they should be shipping my copy by the end of the week

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:37 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
So has anyone in the u.s actually received their sailor moon r part o e from jb hi-fi? I haven't and I'm panicking it got lost in transit.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:32 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
snowmint wrote:
So has anyone in the u.s actually received their sailor moon r part o e from jb hi-fi? I haven't and I'm panicking it got lost in transit.
I did i got mine in the mail last Saturday like i had mentioned earlier jbhifi had a little delay with receiving their order from their supplier.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:41 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
I hope/pray they will also get rights for Sailor Moon Crystal , and release it in same awesome LE box as Viz does :)

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:00 am 
Luna
Luna
Madman already have the rights to Crystal

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:38 am 
inactive
Sera-V wrote:
Madman already have the rights to Crystal

Unfortunately they are also stuck with a release schedule set by Viz, because it has become evident that the Madman releases will not be ahead of the Viz ones.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next