Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Inner Senshi and Shitennou= Asteroid Senshi?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:39 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Post subject: Re: Inner Senshi and Shitennou= Asteroid Senshi?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:41 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
It's certainly an interesting idea. However I think Senshi and Shittenou are now a sore spot since SMC dropped the ball. Of course there are those who hated them to begin with.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:03 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I mean, at least where the manga is concerned, I think they're kind of a Sailor Pluto deal where they just exist without having any parents (apart, perhaps, from whatever primordial gods fathered/mothered them). Their spirits are in those Amazon gems; they just need to be activated, I don't think there's a need for them to be born.

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:08 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I always found it weird how they were meant to be MiniMoons guardians. If anything I would've expected them to be back up for the Inners or maybe their individual guardians.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:52 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 24 months ago
inactive
NeoJupiter wrote:
I always found it weird how they were meant to be MiniMoons guardians. If anything I would've expected them to be back up for the Inners or maybe their individual guardians.

The Inners are there for Neo-Queen Serenity. Requiring them to divide their attention between two subjects makes their job more difficult and the safety of the queen and princess less certain. Of course there's going to be another team to guard Small Lady.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:59 pm 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I am pretty sure this isn't the case as the 4 of them are described as sisters and seem to not have any relation to the Senshi and Shitennou.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:06 pm 
Luna
Luna
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
NeoJupiter wrote:

The Inners are there for Neo-Queen Serenity. Requiring them to divide their attention between two subjects makes their job more difficult and the safety of the queen and princess less certain. Of course there's going to be another team to guard Small Lady.

And the Inners were not born or around decade or more before Princess Serenity was born.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:07 pm 
inactive
NeoJupiter wrote:
And the Inners were not born or around decade or more before Princess Serenity was born.

Your point being?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:10 pm 
Luna
Luna
It is weird that they were meant to be her guardians but were around long before her birth.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:03 am 
inactive
NeoJupiter wrote:
It is weird that they were meant to be her guardians but were around long before her birth.

And nothing else in this series is weird?

(Considering how many moons and dwarf planets there are in the solar system but which don't seem to have sailor senshi, it seems entirely possible that there are a lot more still dormant, waiting to be needed, like the Asteroid Senshi were...)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:49 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NeoJupiter wrote:

The Inners were also around long before Princess Serenity was born. Also, not sure where you're getting the idea that the Amazon/Asteroid Senshi were around long before Chibiusa was born? Nehellenia prematurely awakened them so they could be her henchmen. Eternal Sailor Moon then heals them and they go to the future to be reborn/awakened when the time is right. Given that Chibiusa is born only a few years later, she is likely born before they are.

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:50 pm 
Luna
Luna
StarHealerTornado wrote:
NeoJupiter wrote:

The Inners were also around long before Princess Serenity was born. Also, not sure where you're getting the idea that the Amazon/Asteroid Senshi were around long before Chibiusa was born? Nehellenia prematurely awakened them so they could be her henchmen. Eternal Sailor Moon then heals them and they go to the future to be reborn/awakened when the time is right. Given that Chibiusa is born only a few years later, she is likely born before they are.

How were they long around before she was born? Werent they children, probably no older then 4/5 when she was born? That is not long. And if they prematurely awakened, then they were around before becoming guardians.

Just checked and they were little kids at Serenity's birth.

The Inners would've grown up to become Guardians of the Queen/Moon/Inner solar system had Serenity never been born anyway which is how I see it.

Last edited by NeoJupiter on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:58 pm 
inactive
NeoJupiter wrote:
How were they long around before she was born? Werent they children, probably no older then 4/5 when she was born? That is not long. And if they prematurely awakened, then they were around before becoming guardians.

I think it depends on what they meant by being "awakened". Were they sleeping in suspended animation like Luna and Artemis after the fall of the Silver Millennium? Or was it just that they were potential carriers of the sailor crystals that were "awakened", like when Artemis found Minako and gave her her pen? It's never explained, so we don't know.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:01 pm 
Luna
Luna
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
NeoJupiter wrote:

I think it depends on what they meant by being "awakened". Were they sleeping in suspended animation like Luna and Artemis after the fall of the Silver Millennium? Or was it just that they were potential carriers of the sailor crystals that were "awakened", like when Artemis found Minako and gave her her pen? It's never explained, so we don't know.

True dat, true dat.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:28 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
I'm actually sort of surprised this is the first time I've read anyone suggesting this. :-P

I don't think it would become canon, but I can see someone working it into an interesting fanfic! I can't remember if the manga says anything about the origin of those four on their asteroids.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:02 pm 
Stella
Stella
Well considering that all 4 were described as sisters it is impossible for them to be descended from the Guardian Senshi and the Shitennou.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:25 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I don't like the idea, it seems contrived and clichéd.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:42 am 
Stella
Stella
Always... wrote:

Not to mention impossible as I believe all 4 are referred to as sisters.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:48 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
Always... wrote:

Not to mention impossible as I believe all 4 are referred to as sisters.

Maybe they're not sisters by blood, but even then... it makes no sense either way.

90s cannon: Kunzite x Zoisite rids of at least 2. Molly and Nephrite take care of another, and Rei and Chad are the only viable parents for the red thing xD

Crystal: Hard yo procreate with a crater being the only remnant of your boyfriend.

Manga: yeah, not likely AT ALL.