* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:12 am

All times are UTC

Favorite Usagi Pairing, Mamoru/Usagi or Seiya/Usagi
Mamoru and Usagi 76%  76%  [ 38 ]
Seiya and Usagi 24%  24%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 50
 Post subject: Re: Favorite Usagi Pairing? Mamoru/Usagi or Seiya/Usagi?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:29 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 25 months ago
inactive
Black_Chaos wrote:
raspberrykitten wrote:
Black_Chaos wrote:
Mamoru and Usagi without question .

Their relationship is beautiful in the manga and they are made for eachother .

Seiya is an arrogant douche that's all I'm going to say about Seiya .

90's anime wise it would of been interesting to see alittle more Rei x Mamoru ^_^'

I disagree. Rei seemed to be obsessed with Mamoru and he just went on with it for a little while. Not feeling much from them besides that it was funny, and a good plot device to show Usagi being jealous over him.

Plenty of relationships blossom out of people who initially show little to no interest . Anime Rei would be a good match for Mamoru , if given more development it certainly could of worked.

I don't think so. They went on a few dates together and had no chemistry and not much in common. Why do you think their personalities would mesh? I'm interested!
With Rei I never saw him relax and have fun like with what we saw with Usagi. He never even opened up to her about his tragic past. He admitted those things to Usagi even before he knew she was Sailor Moon. With her, he's at ease. He also cared enough to make fun of Usagi and get her attention on his own. Rei had to bump into him herself. Just my thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:37 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
raspberrykitten wrote:
With Rei I never saw him relax and have fun like with what we saw with Usagi. He never even opened up to her about his tragic past like he did was Usagi. With her, he's at ease. He also cared enough to make fun of Usagi and her attention on his own. Rei had to bump into him herself. Just my thoughts.

Hold on, let me just replace some words here.

With Mamo I never saw Rei relax and have fun like with what we saw with Usagi. She never even opened up to him like she did with Usagi. With her, she's at ease. She also cared enough to make fun of Usagi and her attention on her own. Rei had to hit her first to get it started.

Masterpiece. :cool:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:42 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 25 months ago
inactive
SailorWelshy wrote:
raspberrykitten wrote:
With Rei I never saw him relax and have fun like with what we saw with Usagi. He never even opened up to her about his tragic past like he did was Usagi. With her, he's at ease. He also cared enough to make fun of Usagi and her attention on his own. Rei had to bump into him herself. Just my thoughts.

Hold on, let me just replace some words here.

With Mamo I never saw Rei relax and have fun like with what we saw with Usagi. She never even opened up to him like she did with Usagi. With her, she's at ease. She also cared enough to make fun of Usagi and her attention on her own. Rei had to hit her first to get it started.

Masterpiece. :cool:

Oh my goodness! Well... Not a romantic couple but I do adore Usagi and Rei as best friends. Yay!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:45 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: Male straight
I don't think Rei and Usagi should be together. It is a horrible ship. (sarcasm)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:50 am 
Planeta
Planeta
You know what, we can use Raspberrykitten's quote for almost any ships.

Here's another one.

With Michiru I never saw Haruka relax and have fun like with what we saw with Usagi. She never even opened up to her like she did with Usagi. With Usagi, she's at ease. She also cared enough to make fun of Usagi and her attention on her own. Haruka had to kiss her first to get it started.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:35 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorWelshy wrote:
You know what, we can use Raspberrykitten's quote for almost any ships.

Here's another one.

With Michiru I never saw Haruka relax and have fun like with what we saw with Usagi. She never even opened up to her like she did with Usagi. With Usagi, she's at ease. She also cared enough to make fun of Usagi and her attention on her own. Haruka had to kiss her first to get it started.

She had fun and relaxed with Michiru alot of times. They were known to be very flirty and playful. However I never understood why in the manga they showed Usagi and Haruka kissing and not say Haruka and Michiru. I would much rather see them kiss.

However I do agree for Raspberrykitten Rei and Mamoru simply did not have the chemistry that he did with Usagi. Also I don't mean to poop on anyone's parade but Rei and Usagi only ever saw each other as friends.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:49 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Well you kinda did rain on our parade, because we were just having a laugh.

Who said we were being serious?

Although I would argue that if Mamo didn't exist, Usagi and Rei would have developed.

I mean there are so many scenes in the 90's that really raise an eyebrow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:36 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
If Rei and Usagi blossomed then that means Ami and Mako should blossom as well. We can't do anything with Minako except throw her at the mercy of Kunzite's beautiful flowing hair... :|

I feel weird pairing Usagi with anyone other than Mamoru...and Rei.

Maybe Prince D if he wasn't some weird rapist or whatever he did in the manga too Usagi. :confused:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:00 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorWelshy wrote:

Although I would argue that if Mamo didn't exist, Usagi and Rei would have developed.

I know you weren't being serious I was just saying. If Mamoru didn't exist then maybe Usagi and Rei would develop. That reminds me of something I know this Sailor Moon fanfiction writer and fanartist who did an AU of Sailor Moon that featured Haruka and Usagi as the main pairing. In it Mamoru and Michiru did not exist but were replaced with her own Sailor Earth and OC Sailor Neptune. Maybe there could be some AU where Mamoru does not exist and say maybe Naru is Earth's Senshi and the lead pairing is Usagi and Rei.

Star Angel Haruki wrote:
If Rei and Usagi blossomed then that means Ami and Mako should blossom as well. We can't do anything with Minako except throw her at the mercy of Kunzite's beautiful flowing hair... :|

Maybe Prince D if he wasn't some weird rapist or whatever he did in the manga too Usagi. :confused:

I like Minako with Kaitou Ace and I am a huge Zoisite and Kunzite fan and can't see them with anyone else.

Also I know what you mean it feels like sacrilege pairing Usagi with anyone but Mamoru.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:16 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
MariaTenebre wrote:
SailorWelshy wrote:

I know you weren't being serious I was just saying. If Mamoru didn't exist then maybe Usagi and Rei would develop. That reminds me of something I know this Sailor Moon fanfiction writer and fanartist who did an AU of Sailor Moon that featured Haruka and Usagi as the main pairing. In it Mamoru and Michiru did not exist but were replaced with her own Sailor Earth and OC Sailor Neptune. Maybe there could be some AU where Mamoru does not exist and say maybe Naru is Earth's Senshi and the lead pairing is Usagi and Rei.

Star Angel Haruki wrote:

I like Minako with Kaitou Ace and I am a huge Zoisite and Kunzite fan and can't see them with anyone else.

Also I know what you mean it feels like sacrilege pairing Usagi with anyone but Mamoru.

Heck no it isn't, girls got chemistry with everyone! Usagi owe's it to everyone to have as many ships as possible. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:55 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
I also don't see how people don't see Seiya as being jerky as well.

My problem with Seiya is that she doesn't respect "No" and "Don't". Many of Seiya and Usagi's interactions have the former making the latter uncomfortable. Then when Usagi tells Seiya to stop, she NEVER does. Sorry, but no, Seiya does not respect boundries and I am not and will not ever be a fan.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -Adam Savage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:57 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: Male straight
WeirdRaptor wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

My problem with Seiya is that she doesn't respect "No" and "Don't". Many of Seiya and Usagi's interactions have the former making the latter uncomfortable. Then when Usagi tells Seiya to stop, she NEVER does. Sorry, but no, Seiya does not respect boundries and I am not and will not ever be a fan.

This above is why I exactly disprove of Usagi and Seiya in a relationship.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:13 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Other: Married To NQS!
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

Prince Demando/Diamond was my favorite villain I mean the poor bugger was being used by Wiseman although eventually his eyes were opened to the truth about Wiseman (course it helped when Wiseman killed his brother right in front of him) I think had he been more honest about his feelings for Serenity/Usagi he may have stood a chance with her

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:01 pm 
Stella
Stella
No he wouldn't have stood a chance with her AmiMizunosHusband she was completely dedicated to Mamoru. She would at best treat him as she did Seiya.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:20 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Other: Married To NQS!
MariaTenebre wrote:
No he wouldn't have stood a chance with her AmiMizunosHusband she was completely dedicated to Mamoru. She would at best treat him as she did Seiya.

I agree with her being completely dedicated to Mamoru I'm just saying if he was honest with his feelings he might've stood a chance

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:03 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: Lingering Spirit
WeirdRaptor wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

It irritated me beyond belief that Seiya doesn't respect "No" and "Don't" plus I find her arrogant in a bad way .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:04 am 
Stella
Stella
Seiya is very arrogant. She is very full of herself plus I remember when they were at that fair and Usagi wanted that rabbit keychain and Seiya won it and took it for herself. Also the whole guilt trip thing of the "am I good enough" thing that the Seiya and Usagi fans squeal about rubbed me the wrong way as well. Seiya in some ways was like a less rapey Demand both didn't understand the meaning of the word no.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:16 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: Lingering Spirit
MariaTenebre wrote:
Seiya is very arrogant. She is very full of herself plus I remember when they were at that fair and Usagi wanted that rabbit keychain and Seiya won it and took it for herself. Also the whole guilt trip thing of the "am I good enough" thing that the Seiya and Usagi fans squeal about rubbed me the wrong way as well. Seiya in some ways was like a less rapey Demand both didn't understand the meaning of the word no.

I can see the Demande comparison :lol:

I was beyond irritated at Seiya during Stars , marred the arc slightly for me I think actually .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:18 am 
Stella
Stella
One thing I really did not like about Seiya is that even though she knew that Sailor Moon could heal Phages she still wanted to kill them like in the case of Sailor Director/Akane Gushiken. Sailor Mars basically stepped in front of Sailor Star Fighter and said that if she moves she will shoot her with her arrow. I am sure it could be explained that Star Fighter was maybe having like a case of PTSD but still it really colored Sailor Star Fighter in a bad light.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:54 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 26 months ago
inactive
Other: Nerd
FWIW, Naoko's notes DID say Seiya is a fusion of Haruka and Mamoru then split back apart, hence Seiya's arrogance/personality. I prefer her sweeter side in the manga, though for me I've always been a huge UsaMamo and HaruMichi fan.

I do have a slight weakness for MinaUsa, though a lot of that's due to the manga (Codename Sailor V especially). ^_^' Always found AmiUsa to be cute as well. And having once read that PGSM Ami's actress state Ami was in love with Usagi, well...Ships are sailing! :tongue:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:49 pm 
Stella
Stella
Sailor Star Dust wrote:
FWIW, Naoko's notes DID say Seiya is a fusion of Haruka and Mamoru then split back apart, hence Seiya's arrogance/personality. I prefer her sweeter side in the manga, though for me I've always been a huge UsaMamo and HaruMichi fan.

I do have a slight weakness for MinaUsa, though a lot of that's due to the manga (Codename Sailor V especially). ^_^' Always found AmiUsa to be cute as well. And having once read that PGSM Ami's actress state Ami was in love with Usagi, well...Ships are sailing! :tongue:

Well Naoko Takeuchi did draw that extremely suggestive pic of Minako and Usagi in the manga.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:57 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 28 months ago
inactive
I think MamoUsa is an adorable couple, but I think that if Mamo wasn't in the picture, Usagi could easily have ended up with Seiya.
I honestly think Umino/Usagi would be a good pairing but.....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:03 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 27 months ago
inactive
As much as I adore Usagi and Seiya, dear, dear Mamoru surely has much more bonds and history with her. So, surely Usagi and Mamoru.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:04 pm 
Stella
Stella
Lunaire wrote:
As much as I adore Usagi and Seiya, dear, dear Mamoru surely has much more bonds and history with her. So, surely Usagi and Mamoru.

I agree Lunaire no matter what Usagi and Mamoru are meant for each other. Their chemistry and devotion is top notch.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:38 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
MariaTenebre wrote:
Lunaire wrote:

I agree Lunaire no matter what Usagi and Mamoru are meant for each other. Their chemistry and devotion is top notch.

I say that both of you make good points Usagi/Serena and Mamoru/Darien's relationship.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:22 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Mamoru and Usagi. :smug:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:58 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Usagi x Mamoru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:36 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Location: Quote unquote, "A sinister looking castle known as the dark kingdom"
Other: Dork Kingdom Heir
Ali/Eiru x Usagi OTP!
Attachment:
Congratulations!.PNG
Congratulations!.PNG [ 489.08 KiB | Viewed 210 times ]

But seriously, I'm pretty sure Usagi's opinion matters; so Usagi x Mamoru x Rei, of course. (Just take her old 'Dance with Tuxedo Mask and Motoki at the same time' or 'Dance with Tuxedo Mask and the Moonlight Knight at the same time' fantasies and swap out the excess baggage for Rei.)

I don't hate Seiya, but Usagi just wasn't interested. Besides, Seiya is obviously Usagi and Mamoru's kid from the future, which is why (s)he's got a combination of their traits (Usagi's bangs and 1/2 the ponytails, Mamoru's hair color, Mamoru's eyes, Usagi's eyelashes, in-between height, in-between personality, throwing roses and shooting lasers, wearing black and a Sailor Fuku, both sets of gender traits...). :)

Also, Makoto x Ami makes a pretty cute pair and one I support. There was this neat little (completely SFW) fancomic about them called "A Stormy Relationship" by Shadowjack; the art is kind of sketchy but the writing is really good! (He also does fun episode summary/analysis thingies.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:30 am 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
mamoru/usagi is definitely not my favorite couple.I'm ok with everything but usa x mamo

so i prefer seiya

oh and i have to drop my favorite usa x seiya moment here

Attachments:
Am-I-Not-Good-Enough-xxxsk8trxxx-15657898-500-380.jpeg
Am-I-Not-Good-Enough-xxxsk8trxxx-15657898-500-380.jpeg [ 103.71 KiB | Viewed 156 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:53 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Location: Quote unquote, "A sinister looking castle known as the dark kingdom"
Other: Dork Kingdom Heir
I'd like to clarify that I'm pretty much okay with any ship people like, so I don't have a problem with Seiya/Usagi. It might even be kinda cute... the reason I don't go for it, at least not in the continuity as presented, is that Usagi was pretty much engaged before they even met and never once expressed actual interest beyond being friends and hanging out, and Seiya- nice guy/lady though (s)he is in other regards- didn't seem willing to take 'no' for an answer, or to consider that she might be right about her missing fiancee's good intentions (Mamoru was basically dead, but Seiya goes and assumes Mamoru's not returning her calls because he doesn't care).

So that seems worse to me than anything Mamoru does, even if that 'we gotta break up without an explanation because I had a sketchy prophetic vision' thing was extremely stupid. The teasing dynamic never seemed overboard to me (at least in the subs; can't speak for the dubs) because that applies to all three plausible Usagi ships anyway. She really likes people with black hair who tease her, methinks.

But removed from the original context- say, starting with a new continuity, Usagi and Seiya meet sooner, or something, I can conceive of them working out. I can vaguely conceive of them working out in tandem with Mamoru via polyamory, but honestly that doesn't make as much sense as Usagi + Mamoru + Rei (or, say, Naru + Umino and then Nephrite comes back to life so then it's just simultaneous Naru + Umino + Nephrite once they get a chance to talk the whole thing through), and I am actually serious about Usagi + Mamoru + Rei, I think those three could really work in the distant future.

But even as a completely arbitrary thing, I also think Usagi + Seiya can also be kinda cute (and I collect fanart of them too sometimes, when it's well-drawn). And Seiya definitely deserves somebody, (s)he's a pretty cool guy/lady. (I was never quite sure if him and Princess Kakyuu had something going or not, though. There's that scene where they're on the couch. Also, does she have an unseen male human form too? Is that just a thing for their whole species? I mean, plenty of real life humans are genderfluid, and they're basically aliens from the planet Kinmoku anyway.)

I also am simultaneously okay with Zoisite/Kunzite (actually I'm quite fond of them) and the Senshi/Shitennou pairings (they're okay too).

All sorts of ships can be fun! I actually have a draft of a long fanfic where one of the background things going on is Yuuichirou dating Esmeraude after he and Rei didn't become an item by the 31st century XD (I've got nothing against Yuuichirou/Rei either, but poor foolish Yuuichirou really seemed like he was screwing that up in his final two appearances during S and SuperS, and she doesn't even seem to notice him in their final scene compared to some rando waiter she was oggling, sooo...). Anything goes with me, basically. :)