Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Share Your Frustrations About "Sailor Moon"...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:16 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
magic713 wrote:
Well, she did only have a hand full of chapters each arc, so maybe there was simply no room to implement these concepts that would work smoothly for the narrative. That's my guess at least.

It's not like she didn't know roughly how many chapters and how many pages per chapter she had to work with. But it's possible she never intended for those details to appear in the manga... She drew up those character pages in the Materials Collection not just for herself as references for the manga, but for the anime staff as well. (A lot of the pages refer to things like voices or directly address the animators, and the Dark Kingdom arc character pages were published in one of the season 1 anime artbooks.) Therefore, it seems probable she was proposing ideas for the characters to be realized in the anime. It's a shame that the anime didn't include the Amazon Trio's dreams in SuperS. The whole ~lol you're just animals so you don't have dreams~ story they went with instead rubs me the wrong way.

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:56 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:
magic713 wrote:
Well, she did only have a hand full of chapters each arc, so maybe there was simply no room to implement these concepts that would work smoothly for the narrative. That's my guess at least.

It's not like she didn't know roughly how many chapters and how many pages per chapter she had to work with. But it's possible she never intended for those details to appear in the manga... She drew up those character pages in the Materials Collection not just for herself as references for the manga, but for the anime staff as well. (A lot of the pages refer to things like voices or directly address the animators, wrong way.

There actually is a debate in the fandom rather the Materials collection is canon or not . ( i'm not saying rather ois or not )But there is possibility there were rough drafts . As in they were later prototypes . Like this in an idea how they act, or what can they do. In the final draft , some the ideas were omitted or change .So it's possible somethings in the Materials collection were just meant to be concept art .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:19 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I really hate all of the character abandonment.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:37 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
One of my biggest frustrations with the series would have to be the ages of the characters, more specifically Haruka and Michiru. This is a problem I have with a lot of anime, and while it's something that can usually be ignored, it does kind of bug me from time to time.

I dislike that they were only, what, 15 at the time of their debut? They were portrayed as so much older, and not in a way that could just be passed off as them being mature. Neither looked 15, nor did they act 15 and the kind of responsibilities they shouldered, even in their day to day lives just made it plain weird. I think that they should have been around 18, or Setsuna's age.

I had no problems with the inners ages, but I didn't like that Mamoru was so old. He should have been in high school. Even that's pushing the boundaries, but given that Usagi is literally 14, it's just weird and unrealistic, regardless of whether they're destined for each other or not.

Maybe I'm taking it too seriously, I dunno. I'm just nitpicking.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:26 am 
Luna
Luna
crescent wrote:
One of my biggest frustrations with the series would have to be the ages of the characters, more specifically Haruka and Michiru. This is a problem I have with a lot of anime, and while it's something that can usually be ignored, it does kind of bug me from time to time.

I dislike that they were only, what, 15 at the time of their debut? They were portrayed as so much older, and not in a way that could just be passed off as them being mature. Neither looked 15, nor did they act 15 and the kind of responsibilities they shouldered, even in their day to day lives just made it plain weird. I think that they should have been around 18, or Setsuna's age.

I had no problems with the inners ages, but I didn't like that Mamoru was so old. He should have been in high school. Even that's pushing the boundaries, but given that Usagi is literally 14, it's just weird and unrealistic, regardless of whether they're destined for each other or not.

If I'm not mistaken, Usagi is 14 at the beginning of the series and Mamoru is 16. That's in the manga. He was in high school.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:50 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
John wrote:
crescent wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, Usagi is 14 at the beginning of the series and Mamoru is 16. That's in the manga. He was in high school.

The manga definitely did things right in that case! I just wish I knew why the anime had him as a college student? Really strange, in my opinion and a very unnecessary change...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:15 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Why is Sailor Moon merchandise so expensive? I know Toei knows there's a market for Sailor Moon but can't they make it less expensive?

Post subject: Nitpicks, problems and plotholes that irk you
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:02 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Other: Status: Feel good.
We all know how much we enjoy asking and praising about certain aspects of the classic 90s anime... But there's sometimes the unwanted things that need to be addressed that you noticed.

- Sometimes the show can't balance silly and serious very well - one moment it looks like we should laugh at Usagi's pain, but the very next scene plays her sadness straight. MAKE UP YOUR MIND

- In episode 102 Usagi is told by Kaorinite with Tux to go up to the top of Tokyo Tower, and is shocked to find him encased in glass and Kaorinite with him... What? She already knows that Tux got glassed in 101, so why is she shocked now? Short term memory loss?

Join the Discord chatroom here: https://discord.gg/h33j9fX
and the Chatango room: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

Post subject: Re: Nitpicks, problems and plotholes that irk you
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:18 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Why are all the humans near their energy peak as foretold by the stars in the juban district?

What are the odds that none of these teenage girls ever experiment with different hair styles? The series does take place over 3 years (or 5 depending on how you count)

Why does the Moon Stick only work on tracking great youma when it feels like it? (SMA does a great job deconstructing this)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:36 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Other: Status: Feel good.
Why do the powers of the inners vary way too much?

Sailor Planet Power is inexplicably changed to Sailor Planet Attack during R because I dunno.

Join the Discord chatroom here: https://discord.gg/h33j9fX
and the Chatango room: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:45 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Why does nobody recognize the girls in their Senshi form even if they are simply wearing a tiara and a shorter skirt?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:16 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Why did Galaxia act like she didn't know the Sailor Guardians' identities but she knew about Hotaru's identity to arrange an attack against her to speed up her reawakening?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:58 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Not sure if this counts, but I hated the way the other girls behaved in Ami's First Love. Ami says early on that her type is someone like Eisenstein, which tells me she's more interested in brains then looks. She then proceeds to openly obsess about the mysterious Mercurious. In the end, her friends learn his identity and choose not to share thins information with her because they don't think he's attractive enough for her... Its shallow and disrespectful to both Ami and Mercurious and totally not what a soldier of love should do.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:44 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: gotta go fast
Why are Usagi and Chiba destined? (outside of the Serenity Endymion greek myth but rather in the universe contained within Sailor Moon specifically)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:37 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Oh, this is just for the 90's anime? Okay then.

A rather infamous one regarding Chibiusa is how, in her debut episode, she is aware of Usagi being the owner of the Silver Crystal, which would suggest that she knows Usagi is Sailor Moon like she knew in the manga. But then came the thunderstorm episode in which Chibiusa saw Sailor Moon for the first time and not only didn't know who she was but was also unaware of her and Usagi being the same person, and even seemed afraid of Sailor Moon at first.

Then came the episode where the Sailor Senshi and Tuxedo Mask had their big showdown with the Four Ayakashi Sisters and Rubeus, in which Chibiusa first put her full trust in Sailor Moon by begging her to save Chibiusa's mother in the future, which was a turning point in Chibiusa's character growth arc of her learning to trust Sailor Moon. And then the final Ayakashi sister episode had Chibiusa first see Usagi and the girls transform into their Sailor Senshi forms, and couldn't believe that Usagi and her friends were the Sailor Senshi. So much so that she felt Usagi was unworthy of possessing the Silver Crystal based more on Usagi's civilian behavior over her Senshi behavior; a feeling she had to overcome across the 2-part Rubeus finale, in which she finally accepted Usagi as Sailor Moon.

BUT THEN came the episode when the girls met King Endymion in the future, who explained to them that, like in the manga, he had told Chibiusa stories of the legendary Sailor Moon, and suggested that that was where she got the idea to go back in time and seek Sailor Moon's help. WHAAAAAT?!! That would mean that Chibiusa knew about Sailor Moon all along from the get-go, as was originally implied by her debut episode, but which was completely contradicted by literally every episode that involved Chibiusa's personal arc of growing to first trust Sailor Moon and then trust Usagi as Sailor Moon, as said arc was grounded upon the very scene that had Chibiusa first meet Sailor Moon with wariness.

It's like the anime at first wanted to follow the manga with Chibiusa's knowledge of Sailor Moon, then changed it's mind in favor of turning Chibiusa's relationship with Sailor Moon into an progressive arc, but then tried to be like the manga again later after having already diverted from Manga Chibiusa's knowledge of Sailor Moon.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:01 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
Why does nobody recognize the girls in their Senshi form even if they are simply wearing a tiara and a shorter skirt?

this for me as well not like their wearing masks to conceal their identity lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:23 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
SignorinaTsukino wrote:

Too much makeup on their faces.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:27 am 
Luna
Luna
Neon Genesis wrote:
Why did Galaxia act like she didn't know the Sailor Guardians' identities but she knew about Hotaru's identity to arrange an attack against her to speed up her reawakening?

I don't recall this happening. To me it seemed more as if Galaxia reawakened Nehelenia in order to draw out the senshi of Earth, and Hotaru/Saturn's body accelerated in growth as a response to the impending danger on the royal moon family.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:45 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
flockapowpow wrote:
I don't recall this happening. To me it seemed more as if Galaxia reawakened Nehelenia in order to draw out the senshi of Earth, and Hotaru/Saturn's body accelerated in growth as a response to the impending danger on the royal moon family.

Correct.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:59 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Galaxia definitely said that she went through the trouble of instigating the whole ordeal with Nehelenia specifically to revive Saturn so that her (Saturn's) Star Seed could mature enough for it to be taken by Galaxia.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:16 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sabrblade wrote:
Oh, this is just for the 90's anime? Okay then.

A rather infamous one regarding Chibiusa is how, in her debut episode, she is aware of Usagi being the owner of the Silver Crystal, which would suggest that she knows Usagi is Sailor Moon like she knew in the manga. But then came the thunderstorm episode in which Chibiusa saw Sailor Moon for the first time and not only didn't know who she was but was also unaware of her and Usagi being the same person, and even seemed afraid of Sailor Moon at first.

Then came the episode where the Sailor Senshi and Tuxedo Mask had their big showdown with the Four Ayakashi Sisters and Rubeus, in which Chibiusa first put her full trust in Sailor Moon by begging her to save Chibiusa's mother in the future, which was a turning point in Chibiusa's character growth arc of her learning to trust Sailor Moon. And then the final Ayakashi sister episode had Chibiusa first see Usagi and the girls transform into their Sailor Senshi forms, and couldn't believe that Usagi and her friends were the Sailor Senshi. So much so that she felt Usagi was unworthy of possessing the Silver Crystal based more on Usagi's civilian behavior over her Senshi behavior; a feeling she had to overcome across the 2-part Rubeus finale, in which she finally accepted Usagi as Sailor Moon.

BUT THEN came the episode when the girls met King Endymion in the future, who explained to them that, like in the manga, he had told Chibiusa stories of the legendary Sailor Moon, and suggested that that was where she got the idea to go back in time and seek Sailor Moon's help. WHAAAAAT?!! That would mean that Chibiusa knew about Sailor Moon all along from the get-go, as was originally implied by her debut episode, but which was completely contradicted by literally every episode that involved Chibiusa's personal arc of growing to first trust Sailor Moon and then trust Usagi as Sailor Moon, as said arc was grounded upon the very scene that had Chibiusa first meet Sailor Moon with wariness.

It's like the anime at first wanted to follow the manga with Chibiusa's knowledge of Sailor Moon, then changed it's mind in favor of turning Chibiusa's relationship with Sailor Moon into an progressive arc, but then tried to be like the manga again later after having already diverted from Manga Chibiusa's knowledge of Sailor Moon.

A symptom of making an anime at the same time as the manga. However, I think this it the least of the anime's problems.

King Endymion said he told Chibiusa stories of Sailor Moon, but who's to say she actually remembered? She's a kid, after all. The way I see it Endymion is speculating the reason why she went back to the past, but since it's not coming from Chibiusa's mouth herself, it's very easy to reject that explanation.

Also Chibiusa knowing that Usagi has the Silver Crystal has nothing to do with Sailor Moon. As far as the R Season goes, Sailor Moon does not exist in the future... The Silver Crystal belongs to Neo Queen Serenity in the 30th Century. The question is, does Chibiusa know Usagi is her mom? I'd say she has a vague idea that they're connected at least. Regardless, the fact they both share the same name and hairstyle is what lead to Chibiusa demanding Usagi to give her the Silver Crystal which has ZERO to do with Sailor Moon.

The real problem is - why doesn't Chibiusa trust the Inners considering she knows them in the future?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:50 pm 
Luna
Luna
In the dub episode "Naughty and Nice" Rini seemed to have some idea Serena might be her mom "Serena can't be my mommy my mommy loves me" but this was a one episode thing and probably done in error. It was the same episode where they thought it was Luna who Rini was
communicating with through the Luna Ball.

I always assumed Sailor Pluto told Chibi Usa that Usagi Tsukino had the silver crystal in 1993. Maybe Chibi Usa thought Usagi was a distant ancestor or that Usagi Tsukino just happened to be the owner for now and it eventually fell into her mom's hands. Usagi and Neo Queen Serenity lived 1000 years apart after all.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:51 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Neon Genesis wrote:

I have my own theory about this and why her soldiers didn't know that Sailor Senshi have True Star Seeds. Galaxia (while possessed by Chaos) is utterly insane and cruel thus causing her to withhold information on purpose. The Animates are basically her toys that she watches run around and fail until the game stops being amusing or she feels it's time to get serious.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:07 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The one that always bothered me is when Luna talks infront of Unazuki in an episode of SS, and nobody bats an eye about it. Unazuki is even looking at Luna when she's speaking!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:53 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Prince Rose wrote:
Why are Usagi and Chiba destined? (outside of the Serenity Endymion greek myth but rather in the universe contained within Sailor Moon specifically)

Because they love each other and get on well with each other. They fell in love in the past as well as the present. Their romance is kind of the bedrock of all of the continuities.

doctorwho29 wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

I have my own theory about this and why her soldiers didn't know that Sailor Senshi have True Star Seeds. Galaxia (while possessed by Chaos) is utterly insane and cruel thus causing her to withhold information on purpose. The Animates are basically her toys that she watches run around and fail until the game stops being amusing or she feels it's time to get serious.

My brother had a similar idea for Sailor Galaxia in our fanfiction. In our fanfiction Sailor Galaxia is the incarnation of the Goddess Athena. When she took Chaos inside her to end the Sailor Wars later she began to be corrupted by Sailor Chaos's influence twisting her intentions and using Sailor Galaxia's own desire to help people and to rule against her. I also think that the good side of Sailor Galaxia was subtly sabotaging Sailor Galaxia and making her not think clearly.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:25 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Prince Rose wrote:

you know Rose I don't think it would matter who ended up with Usagi you'd still hate them anyway lol also I also thought it was stupid to put fingernail polish on them when there wearing gloves

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:05 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Other: gotta go fast
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:

you know Rose I don't think it would matter who ended up with Usagi you'd still hate them anyway lol also I also thought it was stupid to put fingernail polish on them when there wearing gloves

heh I probably would

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:33 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Prince Rose wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:

heh I probably would

you probably still prefer Chiba than Seiya though I know I do and that's because of my hatred for the Stars Arc post Nehelenia Arc her mini-arc was actually quite good but ya Stars is a nitpick for me :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:19 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Umino wrote:
The one that always bothered me is when Luna talks infront of Unazuki in an episode of SS, and nobody bats an eye about it. Unazuki is even looking at Luna when she's speaking!

In Crystal, Luna accompanies Usagi to school and talks to her openly in class, and nobody notices or cares. One of many reasons I had to abandon Crystal. I just can't take it seriously.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:26 am 
Stella
Stella
Prince Rose wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:

heh I probably would

Yeah I honestly think the main reason you hate Mamoru is because he got Usagi. I honestly think you would hate anyone who canonically got with her. In fact I notice that Rose himself is very similar in such ways as character design, temperament and they both even have Roses as their theme. I think what you hate most about Mamoru more then anything about him is what he represents the guy who won Usagi.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next