Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nitpicks, problems and plotholes that irk you
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:19 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Why didn't the Sailor Guardians just use a combined Sailor Planet Attack against Galaxia instead of that crazy plan of the Outers pretending to be evil?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:27 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
@Neon Genesis With or without Moon?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:19 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Episodic amnesia. So Kunzite sends a monster to vet for Sailor Moon, believing she'd be someone who is clutzy, improper, and good at Frisbee. Yet after the youma is gone, he abandons that idea and goes for her being talented at things like skiing and ice skating.

Which brings me to my second irk, which is the senshi always seem to be suddenly associated with someone or someplace the villains are targeting. Now, it made sense with Jadiete because he attacked mass amounts of people (throw out a wide net, the Senshi were bound to fall into it). But the others targeted individuals, or places the Senshi gained a sudden interest in.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:20 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
magic713 wrote:
Which brings me to my second irk, which is the senshi always seem to be suddenly associated with someone or someplace the villains are targeting. Now, it made sense with Jadiete because he attacked mass amounts of people (throw out a wide net, the Senshi were bound to fall into it). But the others targeted individuals, or places the Senshi gained a sudden interest in.
Well, the stories might not have been as interesting if the victims of the day were random nobodies complete unaffiliated with our heroes. Their being acquaintances to the girls gives us the audience more reason to care about them and get more engaged in the stories. ;)

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:19 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
Either way I'm not sure it matters. The 90s anime always portrayed Sailor Planet Attack as their strongest attack and they were even able to kill Kaorinite with just the Inners and Sailor Moon. Imagine how much more powerful the Sailor Planet Attack would be combined with the Outers and the Starlights. But no one ever stops to think about using it even once even though they used Sailor Planet Attack against Nehelenia.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:29 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
Either way I'm not sure it matters. The 90s anime always portrayed Sailor Planet Attack as their strongest attack and they were even able to kill Kaorinite with just the Inners and Sailor Moon. Imagine how much more powerful the Sailor Planet Attack would be combined with the Outers and the Starlights. But no one ever stops to think about using it even once even though they used Sailor Planet Attack against Nehelenia.

Even if they did it most likely wouldn't faze Galaxia anyway as she is way stronger then Kaolinite.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:44 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Sabrblade wrote:
magic713 wrote:
Well, the stories might not have been as interesting if the victims of the day were random nobodies complete unaffiliated with our heroes. Their being acquaintances to the girls gives us the audience more reason to care about them and get more engaged in the stories. ;)

It just feels too plot convenient. I mean, if the Senshi had a system of keeping an eye out for villains, that would be more believable, but it seems like they always just trip into the villains' schemes. Or the Senshi just gain sudden interests, just so they can interact with the victim of the week, and sometimes with not hint they held an interest in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:48 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
MariaTenebre wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

Even if they did it most likely wouldn't faze Galaxia anyway as she is way stronger then Kaolinite.

I disagree. Even though the Outers' plan was pretty stupid, they did manage to at least take Galaxia by surprise with their blast. Furthermore, when the Starlights combined their power, they actually did hurt Galaxia. If the three of them could do that much damage, everyone together should have been able to at least severely weakened her.

It would have been nice to see that in an episode, at least, instead of them wasting so much time on the "hide from the evil Outers" nonsense.

Post subject: Re: Share Your Frustrations About "Sailor Moon"...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:15 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: gotta go fast
both topics: "Nitpicks, problems and plotholes that irk you" and "Share Your Frustrations About "Sailor Moon"" are similar so I merged them - carry on as before :o

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:22 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
foenyanko wrote:
I disagree. Even though the Outers' plan was pretty stupid, they did manage to at least take Galaxia by surprise with their blast. Furthermore, when the Starlights combined their power, they actually did hurt Galaxia. If the three of them could do that much damage, everyone together should have been able to at least severely weakened her.

It would have been nice to see that in an episode, at least, instead of them wasting so much time on the "hide from the evil Outers" nonsense.
The Guardians have also gotten a lot stronger than their days in S. Even if it wouldn't work, that they wouldn't think to use their most powerful combined attack against Galaxia seems like a major oversight.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:11 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Prince Rose wrote:
both topics: "Nitpicks, problems and plotholes that irk you" and "Share Your Frustrations About "Sailor Moon"" are similar so I merged them - carry on as before :o

Thank you so much, Rose.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:01 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I have one about PGSM.

How come in that series, the Senshi referred to each other by their civilian names when they were transformed? That kind of, I dunno, defeats the point of it being a secret that they're the Sailor Senshi if they just running around calling each other Usagi, Ami, etc.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:41 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Princess Viola wrote:
I have one about PGSM.

How come in that series, the Senshi referred to each other by their civilian names when they were transformed? That kind of, I dunno, defeats the point of it being a secret that they're the Sailor Senshi if they just running around calling each other Usagi, Ami, etc.

I can answer that. It could have been a mistake with the writing... or maybe it was just thrown in there for newer viewers to keep up?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:17 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Princess Viola wrote:
I have one about PGSM.

I think it's because of this.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... eCodenames
Quote:
Steven Ulysses Perhero finally got a role in the newest blockbuster film! Finally, the mainstream audience can be introduced to the awesomeness that is Grass Man!
...Except no one ever calls him that.
Throughout the movie, he's just "Steven Ulysses". We get all of one scene where he hints at casual drug use in college, saying his roommates used to call him "The Grass Man" with a snicker. Afterwards, they never use that name again, even when he gets the ability to control plants. Heck, even the end credits refer to the character as "Steven". What the heck just happened?
Simple: "Grass Man" is a name that the general audience might have a hard time taking seriously, and the producers knew it. Sure, that's what he's been called for forty years in comics, but there are very poignant reasons why people still have a hard time disassociating comic books with Campiness. Forty years ago, "Grass Man" might have been perfectly feasible for a character that can control plants, but nowadays, there's almost no way to use that name around the uninitiated without invoking a snort and a snicker. Hell, even a potentially "cool" name like "The Sabre" or "Dark Wolf" might seem a little too superheroic, especially if you're going to be calling someone by that name the whole movie. And on the villain side, it probably wouldn't make sense for someone to go through a traumatic experience and immediately start calling themselves "Dr. Destructo".

However, because the producers don't want to completely alienate the comic fans which supported the character to begin with, they add a little Shout-Out just to appease them. "Grass Man" was definitely in the movie, even if that wasn't officially his name. They might even call the movie "Grass Man" without ever calling the character that. However, sometimes this trope gets taken Up to Eleven and the superhero name is never used at all.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:32 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I've had this frustration for a while now, it's related to live action. Princess Serenity's hair style and color. Why doesn't she her hair in buns? She has black hair too! The same also applies to Queen Serenity as well. :angry:

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:13 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I think they wanted her to have a more normal/natural and elegant appearance. Having her wear a silver or blonde wig with the odango and pigtails wouldn't have translated well. My complaint with Princess Serenity is that godawful cheap dress she wears!

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:57 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Other: Married To NQS!
my only complaint with Sailor Moon (not counting Crystal) is how criminally underused Naru is I mean she's Usagi's best friend only for her to be pushed aside for the other Guardians (I don't hate the other Guardians btw) hell Usagi in later arcs like Super S barely mentions or acknowledges her ever again I'd have turned Naru into a Sailor Guardian (and I did :lol: ) and kept her relevant in the story

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:04 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Ryo Urawa wrote:
my only complaint with Sailor Moon (not counting Crystal) is how criminally underused Naru is I mean she's Usagi's best friend only for her to be pushed aside for the other Guardians (I don't hate the other Guardians btw) hell Usagi in later arcs like Super S barely mentions or acknowledges her ever again I'd have turned Naru into a Sailor Guardian (and I did :lol: ) and kept her relevant in the story

It is sad how Naru gets thrown out of Usagi's life. She is important to Usagi. The poor girl.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:12 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Other: gotta go fast
Ryo Urawa wrote:

It is sad how Naru gets thrown out of Usagi's life. She is important to Usagi. The poor girl.

agreed, she needed to stick around that's why I wanted a more obvious ep where she discovers out right the senshi's identities
understands about keeping it secret and hangs out with the inners at Rei's temple when they are discussing sailor matters
she's close enough to Usagi for it to be ok to know [I'm aware of that R ep where it hints that she knows however her possible knowledge of Usagi doesn't seem to be brought up again so I consider it either forgotten or a plot hole which wouldn't surprise me considering sm has more plotholes than chiba has speeches]

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:33 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
^^^I think it would've been neat if in the Manga Miss Takeuchi had Naru break the fourth wall at the end and say "I Hope You Enjoyed My Story!" Then She Turns Into Miss Takeuchi :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:49 pm 
Corona Galactica
Corona Galactica
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Ryo Urawa wrote:
^^^I think it would've been neat if in the Manga Miss Takeuchi had Naru break the fourth wall at the end and say "I Hope You Enjoyed My Story!" Then She Turns Into Miss Takeuchi :lol:

And rides into the sunset in her Porsche Carrera.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:10 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
^^^yup :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:23 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
I have a small frustration. It's that there's so many different versions of Sailor Moon that the fandom is very divided. Not just simply one liking one version over the other but even being completely ignorant of other versions. Heck, there's even divisions in divisions. Like if one likes, the manga, there's different translations of it; or liking one animation of Crystal over the other. It's made me a little sad about it. But no matter the version, we all do like Sailor Moon.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:54 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
magic713 wrote:
I have a small frustration. It's that there's so many different versions of Sailor Moon that the fandom is very divided. Not just simply one liking one version over the other but even being completely ignorant of other versions. Heck, there's even divisions in divisions. Like if one likes, the manga, there's different translations of it; or liking one animation of Crystal over the other. It's made me a little sad about it. But no matter the version, we all do like Sailor Moon.

I have this frustation, too.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:11 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
magic713 wrote:

Don't worry its not just here. Other fandoms are like this too.

"Star Wars" for instance: Hey guys "Prequels or Sequels"? Legends Continuity or New Disney Continuity?" and so forth....

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:00 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
SailorWelshy wrote:
Don't worry its not just here. Other fandoms are like this too.

"Star Wars" for instance: Hey guys "Prequels or Sequels"? Legends Continuity or New Disney Continuity?" and so forth....

anything but episode 7 XD :lol: but I do agree with you Welshy

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:55 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Had to bump this thread to add yet another frustration: the Inners and Moon's prototype uniforms. Seriously, these uniforms looked great, I loved the original 5 Sailor Soldiers' individualistic styles. These are the uniforms they should've work from the start, because they're beginning to work together as a team.

Attachments:
prototype senshi.png
prototype senshi.png [ 548.1 KiB | Viewed 832 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:03 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
^^^ i got to disagree aside from Rei-Chan's i don't like them i think they're ugly but that's just my opinion and everyone has different tastes and if you like them that's great =^_^=

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:51 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Had to bump this thread to add yet another frustration: the Inners and Moon's prototype uniforms. Seriously, these uniforms looked great, I loved the original 5 Sailor Soldiers' individualistic styles. These are the uniforms they should've work from the start, because they're beginning to work together as a team.

They looked way too much like Poitrine.

Anyway, I think they really butchered the inners' development as heroes from R onwards. They were supposed to become better fighters as time would pass, but their Star and Crystal actually looked weaker than their first batch of attacks. The only one who finished the series with more attack power was Mercury, and that was because Shabon Spray was not offensive at all.
And on top of that, they were noticeably worse at combat while the Outers and Starlights were around them. It was shameful when Lead Crow whipped them out of combat so easily in the very end of the series.
But I guess that was on purpose, since the producers stated on the Animage magazine they wanted to avoid the senshi killing enemies, back when season 1 was still in development.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:50 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
kevoso96 wrote:

They looked way too much like Poitrine.

Anyway, I think they really butchered the inners' development as heroes from R onwards. They were supposed to become better fighters as time would pass, but their Star and Crystal actually looked weaker than their first batch of attacks. The only one who finished the series with more attack power was Mercury, and that was because Shabon Spray was not offensive at all.
And on top of that, they were noticeably worse at combat while the Outers and Starlights were around them. It was shameful when Lead Crow whipped them out of combat so easily in the very end of the series.
But I guess that was on purpose, since the producers stated on the Animage magazine they wanted to avoid the senshi killing enemies, back when season 1 was still in development.

I guess I see what you mean. The anime really made the Super suits look very "cool" based on how they posed the Inners with those flowing ribbons etc., but the attacks -- now that you mention it and I consider it -- really didn't have the same "oomph" to them that their earlier attacks did.

Supreme Thunder (and Supreme Thunder Dragon) and Sparkling Wide Pressure still look cooler than Jupiter Oak Evolution, for example. Though in Crystal, Jupiter Coconuts Cyclone looks pretty powerful to me.

I love how Mars Flame Sniper incorporates Rei's interest in kyudo (Japanese archery), but Burning Mandala looks like a much cooler attack. It's better than Fire Soul, too, but I'm not sure if Fire Soul Bird is cooler-looking than Burning Mandala or not. That said, Mars Snake Fire is probably my favorite of her attacks -- but Crystal and I believe the R movie made all of Rei's attacks look AMAZING.

Mercury did seem to advance the most out of all of the Inners. Her most powerful-looking attack in the series (90s anime) is probably Shine Aqua Illusion, but Mercury Aqua Mirage, IMO, is her most powerful-looking attack overall (definitely moreso than Mercury Aqua Rhapsody). There's no wonder why the Crystal animators basically copied it frame-for-frame from the Ami-chan's First Love special.

Venus is an interesting point. Crescent Beam has always looked very weak and underwhelming to me, whereas Crescent Beam Shower looks AWESOME and it feels like a natural evolution. Venus Love-Me Chain never appealed to me, and Venus Love and Beauty Shock was always just so...bland. Rolling Heart Vibration in Crystal looked dumb. Wink Chain Sword really looked great. So I really see your point with Venus.

#BlueLivesMatter

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next