Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: [US] Sailor Moon S Viz Media Dub/Blu-Ray
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:00 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
A bit of a note but Cristina confirms in this that she's the one who voiced Octave and that it's her first villain role.
She nailed it.

By which I mean she nailed making the voice as ear-piecingly annoying as it was in the original, but that's consistency for ya. :P

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:12 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
If I ever got a chance, I would ask Cherami Leigh did she have any trouble recording episode 106 considering the name of the victim of the episode. Having to say the name of the characters without being reminded of two characters from Fairy Tail.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:24 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hey PokemonBWDub, Can you upload clips of Moon and Venus on the bike scene as well as the letter from Neo Queen Serenity scene?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:06 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membership
Wow the blu ray and DVD has more grain than I thought it would. The English dub is good. is it me or does the sound FX track sound lower than the music and voice track?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:41 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BillyKonstantine wrote:
Wow the blu ray and DVD has more grain than I thought it would. The English dub is good. is it me or does the sound FX track sound lower than the music and voice track?

In general, comparing it to previous sets, the mixing of the music & sound effects wasn't good for this part. The quality drops and is very noticeable in the opening theme, eyecatches and ending themes. Viz needs better audio engineers.....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:08 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Octave isn't the only singing Daimon in S. I wonder if Cristina will get to voice one of the others as well?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:38 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
So I'm back to doing clips. This time, however, I'm filtering the hell out of the clips so it can't be detected. You should still be abe to hear the voices, I just added OST from SMS Another Story so it wasn't detected through the audio. I put a few picture filters on as wel, but by YouTube standards, it's at least watchable. No borders or blurs. So don't judge Viz by this picture quality in these clips, I tampered with it on purpose.

Here's Eudial.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:55 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
^ And less than 20 minutes later, the video gets blocked.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:33 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Mine finally came! Just have to finish this Tenchi rewatch before switching over.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:11 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Im sad nobody is talking more about the s viz dub.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:24 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
snowmint wrote:

Maybe people had greater expectations for it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:31 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
snowmint wrote:

What else is there to say? There's only one set out right now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:49 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
snowmint wrote:

Probably a result of it not being on Hulu or something. Right now the only legal way to see it is to buy it physically.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:44 am 
Luna
Luna
:

Attachments:
IMG_1814.JPG
IMG_1814.JPG [ 42.24 KiB | Viewed 3647 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:06 pm 
Luna
Luna
I died in episode 104 when Neo Queen Serenity's second note said "teehee my bad" LOOOOL

Last edited by ChibiBoi on Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:07 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Can someone explain what that recurring mouth problem is? It's creepy!

Saw the first episode so far. Overall I like it but Tomoe doesn't sound natural. Silverstein nailed the laugh (no easy feat) but I think he should've gone deeper rather than higher. How's normal!Tomoe gonna sound?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:25 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Ami-Chans True Love
ChibiBoi wrote:
:

I don't recall seeing that and I have the limited editon Blu-ray DVD combo, anyway I think Viz did a good job with S so far (even if Michiru sounds snobby) I even like Mr. Silverstein's Professor Tomoe even though id have preferred Richard Epcar as Tomoe I think Viz outdid themselves this time the extra time they took on it was worth it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:13 am 
Luna
Luna
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
ChibiBoi wrote:
:

I don't recall seeing that and I have the limited editon Blu-ray DVD combo, anyway I think Viz did a good job with S so far (even if Michiru sounds snobby) I even like Mr. Silverstein's Professor Tomoe even though id have preferred Richard Epcar as Tomoe I think Viz outdid themselves this time the extra time they took on it was worth it

There's a spot in ep 104 after Minako reads the letter where half of Luna-P is missing too as chibibusa jumps off screen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:36 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Recently finished my boxset, so I guess I can offer some thoughts:

-Most of the new cast members grew on me fairly quickly. I particularly like Uranus and Eudial's new voices.
-The only one I'm not sure about yet is Tomoe. His laugh is great, but the pitch is a lot higher than I expected. I do think it improved the more I watched though. He did do a deeper voice a couple of times, so he might handle the more sinister stuff well. I get the feeling that he'll use the deeper voice for his regular human self.
-I feel Cristina's Rei has improved a lot. She no longer sounds too deep for the part (like in season 1), or too adult. (like in season 2) As a result, her performance was a lot more enjoyable this time around. The rest of the returning cast is the same as always, so I doubt any opinions will be changing there.
-MOTD voices have gotten better. There's still some goofy voices, but there's more deep/sinister ones this time around.
-Waltz episode aside, the scripting was fairly standard Viz quality. Most of the notable changes have already been mentioned, but there were some new one I haven't seen mentioned yet. Tomoe saying his favorite exercise was stair-climbing was changed to rhythm gymnastics. Haruka's "I'm not letting you go home tonight" to Michiru at the end of 106 was changed to "Let's drive all night, just you and me." And as for Neo-Queen Serenity's letter? Instead of being written without kanji, Minako says " it looks like a child wrote it." Ami mentions her "participle is dangling", Artemis says "I think part of this is in Hebrew!" and Rei complains that ""daughter" is spelled with a q!".

And I think that covers it. But if there's any other scenes someone wants to know about, just let me know. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:45 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
The Blizzard Prince wrote:
RMost of the notable changes have already been mentioned, but there were some new one I haven't seen mentioned yet. Tomoe saying his favorite exercise was stair-climbing was changed to rhythm gymnastics. Haruka's "I'm not letting you go home tonight" to Michiru at the end of 106 was changed to "Let's drive all night, just you and me." And as for Neo-Queen Serenity's letter? Instead of being written without kanji, Minako says " it looks like a child wrote it." Ami mentions her "participle is dangling", Artemis says "I think part of this is in Hebrew!" and Rei complains that ""daughter" is spelled with a q!".

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:15 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
So how about those funny symbols now huh...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:39 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
snowmint wrote:
So how about those funny symbols now huh...

"This looks like a child wrote it" seems like a fair approximation of "there's no kanji."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:47 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Am I the only one that actually really likes the new VIZ translation and Viz Dub?
Their Limited Edition Box Sets have been top notch and I've been blown away by each one!
Unwrapped this thing of beauty today <3
Loved all of the pictures in the booklet!!!!!!
Can't wait for Super S & Stars <3

Attachments:
IMG_2657.JPG
IMG_2657.JPG [ 53.32 KiB | Viewed 2530 times ]
IMG_2656.JPG
IMG_2656.JPG [ 51.57 KiB | Viewed 2528 times ]
IMG_2655.JPG
IMG_2655.JPG [ 29.93 KiB | Viewed 2526 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:48 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
<3<3

Attachments:
IMG_2658.JPG
IMG_2658.JPG [ 91.95 KiB | Viewed 2519 times ]
IMG_2659.JPG
IMG_2659.JPG [ 65.94 KiB | Viewed 2527 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:20 am 
Luna
Luna
Honestly I do love the packaging and the new dub. The only thing I hate about their release is the video quality. Though I'd rather pay for good quality than good packaging.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:36 am 
Luna
Luna
I'm buying the sets as they're being released, but honestly I haven't watched any of them yet. This is for two reasons:

1) I'm waiting until they're all out so I can marathon through the Viz dub.

2) Like ChibiBoi said, I'm not a fan of the video quality issues. I plan on buying the Japanese Blu-rays whenever they're announced so I don't take this to heart too badly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:43 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
When will Viz stream this online, I think that's another reason as to why no one is talking about it, because no one can buy the set just like that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:16 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Other: Makoto is my waifu ❤
Wow JamesHeart, that booklet looks amazing (I love the Super Sailor Moon and the pic with all the sailors)... Thanks for sharing the pics!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:00 am 
Luna
Luna
napy666 wrote:
When will Viz stream this online, I think that's another reason as to why no one is talking about it, because no one can buy the set just like that.

Lots of people in this thread prove that that's not true, though...lots of us own the new set. Of course not everyone can afford a $60 Blu-ray set on the spot, but lots of people saved up or pre-ordered. I can understand maybe a teenager or younger person not being able to afford it, but many of us are working adults! :)

People aren't talking about it because this board isn't really alive right now, and to be honest, the Viz dub isn't exactly newsworthy right now for the most part. Wait for Crystal to come back and more people will be posting on these boards, and consequently more people will be talking about the new S dub.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:54 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'd be more inclined to buy the viz releases if they had better box/disc art :( I really like australia's sailor moon release.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next