lord Martiya wrote:
We already have a few. The random criminals Sailor Venus hunts down in her free time (including between a season and the other), Ail and Anne, the movie villains, Nehellenia during the last season...
But if done well it could work. Especially because the manga already offers us a possible group: the Dark Agency Hawaiian Branch. Minako got on the wrong plane and only fought the one that chased her all the way to Greece, so as far as we know they're still there...
1) Ail and An aren't Interim Villains since they came after Dark Kingdom and before the Black Moon Clan. If they arrived during the Dark Kingdom and the Dark Kingdom was temorarily out of commission and then it returned after Ail and An were defeated, then the aliens would be Interim Villains. OR if they were in the manga, they could count as an Interim Villain if they had no relation to Chaos. However the primary villains in the 90s anime are not related in that manner.
2) Don't know what you mean by random villains Venus fights, but usually Interim Villains get some time in the spotlight and have a few episodes dedicated to them.
3) I'm not sure Nehellenia in Stars counts because on one hand the Shadow Galatica hadn't begun their assault yet and Nehellenia was still a villain continuing from last season. But on the other hand, she was released by Galaxia so she could attack Earth. But then that would involve Nehellenia being a puppet for Galaxia so she might not count as an Interim Villain.
4) This is just a tid-bit, but I am not sure that the movie villains count as canon.
5) Remember the Dark Agency was a branch of the Dark Kingdom so I think it's safe to say that their organization died with the parent corporation (Perhaps Minako defeated them before joining the other Senshi after the events of Codename: Sailor V