Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: A confusing part of episode 25 involving Jupiter...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:24 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Meme expert supreme
Just rewatched episode 25 and there was this really confusing area I needed to address:

Just after Mako uses the pen, she finishes up her cool transformation with a cry of "Sailor Jupiter!", then the usual Supreme Thundering that we all love, as I obviously do too cuz Jupiter is the best... but she knows it all right from the get go, which can easily be rubbed off as just her gaining that knowledge.

Then after Moon Healing Escalation is used, Luna tells her that she's the fourth guardian Sailor Jupiter, leading her to question "Sailor Jupiter?" - wait, WHAT? You went through all that cool stuff knowing what you're doing, but now you don't know a bit of it? I mean, Jupiter's tone of question can be interpreted as more of an "I'M Jupiter?", but still!

Sorry if this all sounds trivial and stupid, but I wanted to get this convoluted area of writings out of my system...

Join the chatroom here: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

Last edited by Lunatastic on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: A confusing part of episode 25 involving Jupiter...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:24 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
You have a good point. I'm not sure how to answer your question.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:22 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Selective amnesia?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:48 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
^^^ Correct!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:47 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I think some of it might just be her memories of Jupiter bleeding through without her realizing it. It looked like she was in the zone while fighting the youma, so I'd imagine she didn't really question it much until Luna called her Sailor Jupiter.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:23 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
This is pretty typical of Sailor Moon, isn't it? Sailor Moon knows how to pose and attack out of the gate but keeps surprising herself.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:17 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Sounds like what happens in the Pretty cure series when the Cures keep being surprised when they chant their transformations and attacks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:21 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I imagine she has a flash of her memories slowly returning. Similar stuff happens to other Senshi.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:16 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Other: Meme expert supreme
These explanations are all very reasonable, and made me think a bit more about what I did... Thanks.

And yeah, it also probably applies to the others - Mars knew Fire Soul from the start for example, and the further attacks onwards they learn can probably be rubbed down with these theories.

Join the chatroom here: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:52 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I always imagined it was due to a sort of body memory. Once she transformed, she remembered who she was, and went to work on defeating the enemy. And once things calmed down, she finally had time to process what had just happened.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:54 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
She yells Sailor Jupiter after transforming because she has awakened and remembers who she is.
After the battle is over and they're talking to her and she says "Sailor Jupiter?" .... she's just saying that because she JUST awakened...of course she'd say something like that. She's just taking a moment to adjust to the fact that she's a super hero now and not just a normal girl lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:15 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: GottaCatch'emAll
I think it all came back to her after using the pen to transform I guess her instincts as a sailor senshi awakened in the process