* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: So the Dinosaur Episode
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:51 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Why is it that nobody, especially Ami, is shocked to find a real live dinosaur? Why doesn't Ami show any sign of interest in researching it? Where did the dinosaur come from anyway and why didn't Black Moon try to use it in their plots?

Post subject: Re: So the Dinosaur Episode
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:05 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
Other: Status: Feel good.
Because the writers didn't care.
That is all.

Join the chatroom here: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:57 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Other: Makoto is my waifu ❤
I think that after the sailors discovered that they had superpowers, have fought lots of supernatural monsters, traveled to other dimesnsions, learned that they are the reincarnation of beings that poulated the moon, have died and coming back from death, have seen alien lifeforms, etc... seeing a real live dinosaur wouldn't be too surprising to them... :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:32 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Still, you would think Ami at least would show some sort of curiosity about them but she barely reacts to them at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:54 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
Still, you would think Ami at least would show some sort of curiosity about them but she barely reacts to them at all.

Because she simply has no academic interest/curiosity on a stupid filler episode & w/e appears in it. :wink:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:45 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
and why didn't Black Moon try to use it in their plots?
For this, because the Black Moon didn't even know about it, having not been in that episode.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:14 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Because The Dinosaur is someone's Stand.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:18 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Princess Venus wrote:
Because The Dinosaur is someone's Stand.

Guess that makes Wiseman Dio then? :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:22 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:

In-universe, she's mostly interested in becoming a doctor, so a dinosaur wouldn't interest her too much.
In real life, it's the worst filler, just ignore it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:32 pm 
Stella
Stella
Again I don't understand people's issues with this episode. I thought it was very cute and I loved the storyline of the episode. I don't see why Ami or the rest need to be especially shocked about the existence of Dinosaurs considering all of the crazy stuff they dealt with prior to this episode. As I stated before I actually loved this episode because it worked really well with my Sailor Moon and Zyuranger crossover.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:21 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I forget, but did they meet the dinosaur before or after the volcano erupted? Because preoccupation might justify it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:04 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
Again I don't understand people's issues with this episode.

The issue is that the Sailor Senshi are presented as helpless against things far less tough than the youma they usually smack around and the flying boulder that suddenly stands still long enough for the whole Moon Princess Halation dance (that, again, should have not been necessary, considering that any of the Sailor Senshi could have caught it bare-handed).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:01 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
lord Martiya wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:
Again I don't understand people's issues with this episode.

The issue is that the Sailor Senshi are presented as helpless against things far less tough than the youma they usually smack around and the flying boulder that suddenly stands still long enough for the whole Moon Princess Halation dance (that, again, should have not been necessary, considering that any of the Sailor Senshi could have caught it bare-handed).

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember anyone (except maybe Jupiter) showing they could do anything like stop a flying boulder without their powers, and we all know the attack and transformation sequences are not real time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:50 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
They found the dinosaur during the explosion. I suppose they could have talked about it off screen while Chibiusa was unconscious but the lack of any reactin is kind of weird. For the record, I don't particularly hate the episode. I think it has a lot of cute moments and it's a much better beach episode than the SuperS beach episode. But it's just such a strange episode and sometimes it feels like the fandom tries to pretend it doesn't exist instead of talking about it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:20 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
They found the dinosaur during the explosion. I suppose they could have talked about it off screen while Chibiusa was unconscious but the lack of any reactin is kind of weird. For the record, I don't particularly hate the episode. I think it has a lot of cute moments and it's a much better beach episode than the SuperS beach episode. But it's just such a strange episode and sometimes it feels like the fandom tries to pretend it doesn't exist instead of talking about it.

I think the reason , because its so strange . And fill with plot holes. It doesn't feel like a sailor moon episode , and more like a fanfic.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:01 am 
Stella
Stella
imaginationgirl wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

I think the reason , because its so strange . And fill with plot holes. It doesn't feel like a sailor moon episode , and more like a fanfic.

I don't think the episode has any plot holes. I think it fits very well in the series and was a cute episode. Plus again it works well with my crossover with Zyuranger.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:12 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

I don't think the episode has any plot holes. I think it fits very well in the series and was a cute episode. Plus again it works well with my crossover with Zyuranger.

Maria that is your opinion but at mines it felt like a fanfic ?
Rei (I know she is rich ) Having enough money for a private island ?
Rei not telling anyone ,but Chibiusa where she was ? Even though she s friends with the inners , and Chibiusa for a short time
Chibiusa being Japanese , and stay with Usagi at least awhile . Has never ate fish before ? ( I mean fish is very common in the Japanese diet ?)
Chibiusa acting like a brat, until she find the dinosaur
Having Dinosaurs at all ?
There's many more ,but these are the ones that re at the top of my head.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:46 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Neon Genesis wrote:
...and sometimes it feels like the fandom tries to pretend it doesn't exist instead of talking about it.

It's our fandom equivalent of an alcoholic uncle in the family. We all know he exists, but don't like to talk about it. ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:59 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember anyone (except maybe Jupiter) showing they could do anything like stop a flying boulder without their powers,

Once transformed they all have the strength and toughness to touch it, it's just that Sailor Jupiter is the one who usually bothers.
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
and we all know the attack and transformation sequences are not real time.

Dammit... The stupidity of the scene made me forget that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:27 pm 
Stella
Stella
Rei's father is a politician so there is nothing saying she couldn't own a private island.

As for her and Chibiusa maybe she didn't think to tell the Inners.

Japanese do not eat fish all of the time maybe Chibiusa never had the opportunity.

Chibiusa has a tendency to be bratty sometimes just like her mother and father.

Again I don't see how having Dinosaurs is a big deal in a series of magical heroines fighting aliens. Dinosaurs aren't even the most fantastical thing the Senshi have to deal with imaginationgirl. Again I don't see how the Senshi encountering dinosaurs is somehow a big deal when the whole story is that they are Princesses from different planets fighting magical monsters and abominations.

Maraviollantes wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
...and sometimes it feels like the fandom tries to pretend it doesn't exist instead of talking about it.

It's our fandom equivalent of an alcoholic uncle in the family. We all know he exists, but don't like to talk about it. ^_^

Speak for yourself it is one of my favorite episodes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:30 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Lum <3
^ maybe there's no edible fish in crystal tokyo after the the big freeze hence Chibiusa never trying it before [maybe an environmental change in Japanese diet occurred or something]

or maybe she's just a picky brat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:08 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Quote:

Salem Saberhagen wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember anyone (except maybe Jupiter) showing they could do anything like stop a flying boulder without their powers,

Once transformed they all have the strength and toughness to touch it, it's just that Sailor Jupiter is the one who usually bothers.

I honestly can't recall any scene that would demonstrate this... and Jupiter seems equally strong physically when not transformed... in fact many of her most memorable physical feats were done as a civilian. Closest thing I can think of is Usagi's skating ability, but I don't remember anything else like that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:58 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
The whole thing with the Soldiers fighting against the volcano was really silly and it seemed like they could have easily wrecked the environment that way. Why didn't they just use Sailor Teleport?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:25 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Neon Genesis wrote:
The whole thing with the Soldiers fighting against the volcano was really silly and it seemed like they could have easily wrecked the environment that way. Why didn't they just use Sailor Teleport?

Because the dinosaurs were too fat.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:41 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Ami-Chans True Love
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

Because she simply has no academic interest/curiosity on a stupid filler episode & w/e appears in it. :wink:

^^^this

Lunatastic wrote:
Because the writers didn't care. That is all.

^^^and this lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:18 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
Someone at TOEI was sick that day.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:38 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Other: Lum <3
well one thing is for sure, this is the most fillery filler episode in the whole series and that's saying something
it would have been better if it had some kind of enemy to beat [black moon or someone else who wanted the dino's] instead of the volcano

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:46 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
At least the writers succeeded in not making :ami: an ultra nerd. :tongue:

Her worst trait as a bookworm would be her mary sue-ish ability on being an expert on videogames of which she only played once. She doesn't even like videogames. That's SuperS OVA was terrible too. :dead:

I liked the SuperS episode of her first time use of her new magical spell where she had artistic interest in music which something again in Stars revived her interest with the Starlights. :innocent:

See more sprites at

http://sailorstarsbeyond.com/viewforum. ... b441274b94

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:27 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The hilarious thing about this episode was that I assumed the writer was probably someone new on the team or just not good in general, but it's actually Katsuyuki Sumizawa who wrote so many amazing episodes including the two-parter where Usagi is revealed to be the Princess. Even in terms of their 'filler work', their standards are normally better (they wrote one of my favorite filler episodes, Episode 31 - Loved and Chased! Luna's Worst Day Ever). Must have been an off day for them when they wrote it...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:47 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
Other: Status: Feel good.
Okay, you wanna know my full opinion? This episode is unbelievably flawed - its execution, plot and action all just seem to mesh together in a way that just makes it seem wholly unnecessary . It could've been a rare gem to some people,but it's just so bashed up that its execution is less-than-stellar.

Sorry, but I just wanted to get it over with. If you enjoy it, that's fine, as I'm glad to see people with their own personal opinions.

Join the chatroom here: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/