* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: [JP] 90s anime Blu-ray sets announced
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:34 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
cuau_cg wrote:
Selecta blu-rays are definitely not UPSCALE, look at those details and the level of grain in the image.
Sometimes TOEI give the HD masters before they release it, like Sailor Moon R movie in the USA.

Do you have screen caps for those blu rays? Because the 2003 Japanese master actually had A LOT of grain in the image. I'm interested in seeing the details. You can tell the Sailor Moon R Blu-Ray was rescanned because you can see details in the linework that you couldn't see before.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:53 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I would seriously doubt Selecta's blu-rays being a true negative rescan if we are talking about the series.

There is no reason that Toei would release such material to foreign markets without it being available first to the domestic market.

Here is what Amazon.co.jp says about Sailor Moon R Part 1

Quote:
備考】
※本編映像は、SD素材を元にアップコンバートしHD化作業を行ったものです。
※今作品では、キュー・テックの「FORS MASTER PROCESS」テクノロジーを使用し、高画質アップコンバート、及び高品位な音声エンコードに対応いたしました。
その後、更にフィルムゴミや傷などをリマスター修正したものが今回のBD映像となります。

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:35 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
ChibiBoi wrote:
cuau_cg wrote:
Selecta blu-rays are definitely not UPSCALE, look at those details and the level of grain in the image.
Sometimes TOEI give the HD masters before they release it, like Sailor Moon R movie in the USA.

Do you have screen caps for those blu rays? Because the 2003 Japanese master actually had A LOT of grain in the image. I'm interested in seeing the details. You can tell the Sailor Moon R Blu-Ray was rescanned because you can see details in the linework that you couldn't see before.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php ... st10140493

I saw them in this post. You can see the better linework here too, you can even notice WHITE LINES (in drops of sweat) which I am sure it will be impossible to see in an SD master.
I can be wrong, but I am pretty sure Selecta blu-rays are a negative rescan.
I am talking about MAZINGER btw.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:37 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
What may have happened is Toei have been working on Mazinger Z and given them early access to the HD Remaster Master.

Same with the R Movie and Viz - I think Toei let Viz have their negative recan version early.

Question for Us fans is whether Toei has also handed over the S and Super S movies new Negative Rescan Masters

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:52 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Can't get away with using Viz generic art.

Comfort Color 42601 Tank