* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sera Myu Coming to Houston
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:12 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... il/.111438

Quote:
The official website for the Sailor Moon franchise announced on Wednesday that the current stage production of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon: The Musical will hold a special performance at the Anime Matsuri convention in Houston in April. The production also plans to hold a new run in Japan this fall.

The cast members scheduled to appear include:

Hotaru Nomoto (Sailor Moon)
Yume Takeuchi (Sailor Mercury)
Karen Kobayashi (Sailor Mars)
Kaede (Sailor Jupiter)
Rimo Hasegawa (Sailor Venus)
Syu Shiotsuki (Sailor Uranus)
Sayaka Fujioka (Sailor Neptune)
Mikako Ishii (Sailor Pluto)
Karin Takahashi (Sailor Saturn)
Dancers: Risa Kawamura, Yoshimi Hidano, Ayano Nagasawa, Ayumi Sagisaka
Former Takarazuka member Yuga Yamato returns as Tuxedo Mask.

Sailor Saturn actress and Prizmmy idol group member Takahashi revealed that this will be her first trip to America.

The convention will run from April 7 to April 9 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston. The musical's special performance is slated for April 7.

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

Post subject: Re: Sera Myu Coming to Houston
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:39 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
Other: Status: Feel good.
Again with the great news! Gosh, it's like Mooniemas here today!

Join the chatroom here: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:21 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Evidently Sailor Chibi Moon will not appear in this (perhaps due to child labor restrictions?). Apart from the other Sailors and Tuxedo Mask, it seems the rest of the cast only comprises a few dancers. So... Will this actually be a performance of some version of the Amour Eternal musical, or will it be more of a concert? Hmm...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:44 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I'm all for child labor laws but that seems rather ridiculous to me when we have no problems with child actors in big name Hollywood movies.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:54 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
I'm all for child labor laws but that seems rather ridiculous to me when we have no problems with child actors in big name Hollywood movies.

A child is only allowed to work four hours a day . In the Hollywood movies , they also have to ge an education .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:57 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I never expected something like this would come to Texas. :shocked: I can't say for sure I'll be able to make it, but I'm going to try my darnedest.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:14 pm 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Wow this is cool I am glad the Sera Myu is coming to America. Maybe VIZ will even be able to sup the past, present and future Sera Myu and release it on DVD. I truly wish I could be there unfortunately I live in KY.

Post subject: Sailor Moon Musical L'Armour Eternal IN AMERICA!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:24 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... il/.111438

Discuss!!!

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Musical L'Armour Eternal IN AMERICA!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:32 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
http://www.animematsuri.com/7141/anime- ... -for-2017/

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Musical L'Armour Eternal IN AMERICA!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:35 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
http://www.sailormoonforum.com/viewtopi ... 22&t=29169

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:56 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
I hope they do more than one stop. I 'm guessing they will wait and see how it does. I wonder if Naoko will ever be present in U.S Musical

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:58 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Just to clarify this is a special performance of L'Armour Eternal which is Super S - the Houston site misrepresents it a little.

No confirmation on if its the full musical or just songs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:29 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Lum <3
thread about SM Musicals in US merged

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:12 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I feel like this might be similar to their performance at that Anime Expo in Paris a few years back after Petite Etrangere. They'll probably just perform the main songs (Line Up, Ai no Starshine, We Are the Pretty Guardians, Speed of Light, Music of the Spheres). Of course, the presence of the back-up dancers makes me wonder if there might be some sort of very condensed version of Amour Eternal?

In any event, we'll know soon enough. Hopefully this is their putting out feelers once more to gauge how successful the musicals could be overseas. Perhaps if they get a positive enough response, they might negotiate an official release of the previous (and future) musicals with Viz, or the performance rights with a theater company. I still hope to see Sailor Moon on Broadway some day.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:47 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
All this moonie news and yet no news on KH3.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:37 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:
In any event, we'll know soon enough. Hopefully this is their putting out feelers once more to gauge how successful the musicals could be overseas. Perhaps if they get a positive enough response, they might negotiate an official release of the previous (and future) musicals with Viz, or the performance rights with a theater company. I still hope to see Sailor Moon on Broadway some day.
I would love to see the musicals released on DVD in the U.S. as I love the new ones so much. I know Char from Viz is a big fan of Seramyu and they've always said when asked about it that they would love to license them but they're just unable to at the moment. So Viz is definitely aware of Seramyu. But is there some reason Amour Eternal is coming to Anime Matsuri and not Anime Expo? You'd think they would do Anime Expo instead.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:47 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Like I said in November in the L'Armour Eternal Japan performance thread...

The current Sailor Moon musical staff are VERY VERY VERY aware of the western fan base. I was lucky that when I was leaving the theatre in Osaka I happened to spot a very senior staff member on the musicals and had a conversation with him (helps when you can speak Japanese pretty fluently).

He did acknowledge they were acutely aware of the interest from the English speaking world. I did suggest to them about streaming sites and suggested Crunchy Roll and he made a note of it (yes I know some people loathe Crunchy Roll but it's better than nothing right?)

So there is a chance it "might" go further than just a convention visit but we have to wait. You have to bear in mind Japanese culture - no one person can make a decision and any decisions on a big property like this have to go through a lot of people before it finally gets the all clear - the concept of 'nema washi'.

To set peoples expectations regarding 1st through 4th stages - don't get your hopes up. The people behind the current generation and the musicals before 2005 are VERY different. Pre 2005 the Musicals were run by Bandai Visual - recent musicals are run by Nelke so it's 2 different companies. Even if current musicals make it to America that does NOT mean we will see Marina musicals etc on DVD because it's 2 different companies 2 different sets of people 2 different sets of hurt regarding licenseing etc. If Nelke will go so far as to sign an agreement with a US licensor we should consider ourselves VERY VERY VERY lucky.

Also regarding Anime Expo that a previous poster mentioned - it is probably due to the fact that come July they will be in to the preparation stages for the fall musical. They are taking L'Armour Eternal to Hokkaido and now America it appears as it's all fitted around the release of the DVD due out in March. I doubt they would want to interrupt prep for the new musical just to head to LA as it would kill 1 - 2 weeks of prep / rehearsal time.

-mrploddy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:06 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Actually I've just noticed an important detail.

If you compare the L'Armour Eternal Poster and the Anime Houston one there is one VERY important detail missing.

L'Armour Eternal DVD -> http://shop.r10s.jp/book/cabinet/2338/4988003842338.jpg

Anime Matsuri Poster -> http://sailormoon-official.com/musical/ ... atsuri.php

NO CHIBI-USA!!!!!

I think we can say this isn't going to be L'Armour Eternal as they can't do a SuperS story without a Chibi-Usa and maybe it's going to be some special mini version unique to this convenion ?. In that case I wonder if it will make it to DVD??.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:02 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I already pointed out Chibiusa would not be included in this and speculated this will probably just be a "concert" or, at most, an incredibly condensed version of AE, no more than a handful of scenes. There are only four dancers involved, and, since the actors who played Nehellenia, Zirconia, Helios, and the Trio are not attending, they (the four dancers) will either be playing Lemures or assuming the roles of the Amazon Trio/Nehellenia/Helios.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:35 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
What I am hoping is that this is a promo event for a DVD release.

It isn't that much work for them to release DVD's as they had the subtitle glasses for the AiiA theatre for both last year and the year before. This means there is a timed translated script in existence - it wouldnt cost much to synch it and add it to the DVD that they are already producing. It will more than likely be close to Japanese pricing so don't be surprised if its north of the $50 mark assuming my hope / assumption is right.

If there is a legitimate english subtitled release I hope Miss Dream will respect ethical fansubbing traditions and pull torrents for anything that is available legitimately with subtitles. I know what some people will say - $50 is expensive / I can't afford it. To this I would say please think about this - we have waited a long time for legitimate USA release of the musicals we have to support it / show Nelke it is worth their while looking outward from the Japanese domestic market - fandom alone doesn't cut it, sales / revenue for Nelke DOES.

They are taking a big gamble spending the money to take all the cast to the States - think how much it will cost for 9 actresses + support staff for plane tickets / hotels. Even if you assume a $500 plane ticket and $500 accommodation / food costs and multiply that by 20 people - $20,000+ alone? that's a big chunk of change - I doubt the appearance fee they will get from the con will cover their costs - there must be more to it like a product launch ?

When all is said and done Nelke is in this to make money and they won't continue this unless they see a return on their investment so I beg / plead with people that if there are legitimate licensed products that they do their utmost to show Nelke that its in their best interests to continue looking outward to the English speaking world as if they don't they will just write it off as a bad investment and retreat to just the Japanese domestic market.

This may be a golden opportunity for English speaking fans of the musical so let's please not waste it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:09 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I won't judge anyone who decides to still go to Anime Matsuri because I know this is a once in a lifetime chance for most Moonies, but you should be aware of the controversies surrounding Anime Matsuri before you go. I just found out about this tonight and I'm just very shocked by it all. http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/the-co ... it-7764398 My thanks go to Sailor Astera on Twitter for bringing this to my attention.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:11 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Today, Anime Matsuri's twitter revealed that Sailor Moon editor, Fumio "Osabu" Osano, will be there as well!

Quote:
He is joining the Sailor Moon celebration at Anime Matsuri, for the first time. He will host a special Sailor Moon panel for the fans called ‘The World of Sailor Moon’. This is very special so do not miss it! Panel is Friday (April 7) at 7pm in Panel Room 1 (Ballroom A)

http://www.animematsuri.com/7131/sailor ... suri-2017/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:39 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
https://animematsuri2017.sched.com/even ... -moon-live

Schedule is up 1 hour...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:40 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
And the Osabu Panel

https://animematsuri2017.sched.com/even ... ailor-moon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:41 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Oooooo Autograph session...

https://animematsuri2017.sched.com/even ... autographs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:42 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
https://animematsuri2017.sched.com/even ... musical-qa

QA...please someone go to the QA and ask about English release...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:43 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
A....tea party????

https://animematsuri2017.sched.com/even ... -tea-party

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:05 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
http://sailormoon-official.com/musical/ ... i_0408.php

Report is up from yesterday.

Wasn't anyone there ???

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:35 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Ng7dhtRl4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:31 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Q&A