* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Sera Myu Coming to Houston
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:02 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Full Performance

1. The opening narration bit was cute, but I had trouble making out what she was saying. (Or who she was supposed to be. Moon? Queen Serenity? Generic narrator? Someone else?) Her voice did remind me a bit of Terri's.

2. I felt this performance was a lot better than their performance in "Amour Eternal." Everyone's singing and dancing seems to have really improved.

3. The subtitles are a M E S S. Whoever did them should be barred from doing them ever again. Some typos are to be expected; I'm not talking about those. I'm talking about how the timing was COMPLETELY off. The font was ugly. The formatting was super confusing. The inclusion of stage directions and plot summations was bizarre and unnecessary. The subtitles are so awful and distracting I had difficulty focusing on the performance. If "Le Mouvment Final" really does come to the US (next year?) they really need to invest the time and skills needed to do the subtitles properly.

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:38 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Yeah, those subtitles were embarrassing. I kind of just tuned them out and just listened to the songs. I was surprised I enjoyed the live show a lot even if it wasn't the full musical. It reminded me of the Kirari Super Live special they did with PGSM. I found it interesting that Sailor Saturn seemed to get the most cheers out of the audience and Tuxedo Mask of course! I hope Yuga Yamato knows how much she is loved by fans around the world!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:25 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I honestly wish we could get a full musical brought over with an English speaking cast and the musical translated to English. They could even get an all Asian cast.