Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Musical - Autum 2017 - 25th Anniversary Project!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:28 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Pictures from the dress rehearsal - http://natalie.mu/comic/gallery/show/news_id/247939/image_id/847116

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:30 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Yeah fanclub members living in Tokyo had the chance to enter a lottery to go and see the Dress Rehearsal for free.

"envy"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:18 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Glad to see the Usagi Band is still a hit!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:57 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Glad to see the Usagi Band is still a hit!

I've always thought the Inners could form a typical band comprising vocal, guitar, bass, keyboard, & drums - PGSM should've done that. :D

Cool pics. :cool:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:11 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Evidently Ryuji Kasahara is reprising his role of Chaos['s voice] from the Eien Densetsu musical. Interesting that they've brought back an actor from the original musical run, and a male actor at that. Wonder if that's a sign that the future musicals will eschew the whole all-female cast thing...

Also, some more photos: https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1713090 / http://natalie.mu/stage/news/248024

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:07 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm just listening to the L'Armour Eternal CD and at least first impressions is that it's very well done.

Yes you can tell its a live CD and not a studio recording but for example on the Tuxedo Kamen songs the Takarazuka fan girls scream / clap - I can't hear that on the recording - they've screened out the audience very well.

It's almost as though it was recorded in an empty theatre if that makes sense ?. The music track is very clear / no muffles - it definitely shows that it's been mixed well and gives me hope for the Classical Concert CD when it comes out.

Well anyways based on this quality of CD I hope they are recording this musical too for a CD as this was worth the money.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:31 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I hope we can get CD releases for at least some of the songs of the previous musicals as well. Petite Estrange especially had some of my most favorite songs from the new Myus. I really want a CD recording of Eye Candy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:33 am 
Forums Shogun
Forums Shogun
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I meant to do a write up here a few days ago but I got hit with food poisoning in Tokyo and it's been a rough few days.

Myself, my wife, Yoshimoon from the forums and his friend saw the musical on its opening night from the second row center. The only part of our normal crew missing was Brad (MoonKitty) who couldn't make it this year. Together we'd seen all of the revival musicals together, going back to 2013, all on the opening night.

Takeuchi-sensei was in attendance, and unlike past years, she made her way through the crowd and said brief hellos to people, including to Yoshimoon.

In terms of my impressions of the musical this year, I think it is one of the best that they've done. While I still dislike this current group of inner senshi and their utter lack of singing ability, the storyline was a great mix of humor, emotional notes, and wonderful acting by the rest of the cast including the Three Lights. I particularly liked their songs, and Kakyuu's singer was incredible.

Galaxia stole the show with her expressiveness, and the Animamates were lively and fun. (Many of us commented on Aluminum Siren's belly button piercing, which we were surprised they let go on stage, but I suppose it's practically in the name of the character.)

My wife commented later that this had one of the easiest storylines to understand of all the musicals, which is an accomplishment considering Stars has a lot of meta narrative to it. Sailor Cosmos was wonderful as well.

At the end, Yamato Yuga announced that the musicals began because of the 20th Anniversary, and now that the series is reaching its 25th anniversary, they have decided this would be the final show. That's a sad note, but I was happy to be part of the journey.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:58 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
That's disappointing this is the last musical since Osap apparently hinted that more musicals would continue after this one with original stories at Anime Matsuri last year, at least according to rumors on social media. So I wonder if those were just inaccurate rumors....Still, I'm glad at least it seems like the musicals ended with a bang and I'm looking forward to seeing them whenever the fansubs are released.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:41 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Boo at this being the last musical, especially because it makes the graduation of the original cast all the more unnecessary. I hope they change their mind. Though I think we'll probably get new musicals again when the 30th anniversary rolls around :lol:

Anyway, looking forward to seeing this musical. I'm glad the manga got to be adapted into musicals like this. The costumes have been so on point throughout this whole run, and we got some fantastic new songs. I hope we can get an official subtitled boxset release at some point. I wonder if they're still planning to bring this musical over to America like Osabu reportedly said they would. Hmmm...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:19 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Yeah, I don't understand why they replaced the cast if they were only going to do two more, especially since it seemed like the original cast wanted to stay. Did they do it just so they can use the gimmick of bringing back Satomi to play Sailor Cosmos?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:24 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Jadeite2 wrote:
I meant to do a write up here a few days ago but I got hit with food poisoning in Tokyo and it's been a rough few days.

Thx for your report - have always been looking forward to it. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:05 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Wow they already put up the Musical spoilers on the SM Youtube channel... I'm excited for everything!!

MAJOR MUSICAL SPOILERS BELOW
Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:13 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Another video (not from the official channel):

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:19 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
More Highlights everything looks amazing ... Galaxia and Kakyuu's vocals though... they give the Starlights a run for their money.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:43 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ "Chibi chibi♪" :chibichibi:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:40 am 
Stella
Stella
I really hate that this is the last musical. I was hoping that they would start doing some original plots like the old musicals or even do some adaptations of the old musicals original plots. I would love to see new adaptations of the Kaguya Island arc, the Dracul arc (especially if we got more info on Sailor Astarte), the Dark Sirius arc etc however most of all I would have loved to see them just create new stories, Senshi, villains etc since it seems like the musicals have more freedom then Crystal.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:12 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I'm also disappointed we didn't get to see the Ayakashi Sisters, the Amazones Quartet, or the other Animamates during this run. I was really hoping they'd do a musical next year featuring the Ayakashi Sisters and the Amazones Quartet in some sort of Black Moon/Dead Moon mash-up story.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:20 am 
Stella
Stella
MementoNepenthe wrote:
I'm also disappointed we didn't get to see the Ayakashi Sisters, the Amazones Quartet, or the other Animamates during this run. I was really hoping they'd do a musical next year featuring the Ayakashi Sisters and the Amazones Quartet in some sort of Black Moon/Dead Moon mash-up story.

Yeah I agree personally during Amour Eternal or their adaptation of the Dream arc in the latest musicals I would have rather them included the Amazones Quartet over the Amazon Trio because they have greater importance to the plot. I mean they are Sailor Senshi in their own right and Sailor Chibi Moon's Inner team for crying out loud. I would have even been fine if they included them in a new adaptation of the Dracul arc as that is where they were featured in the past Sera Myu. However yeah I was also hoping to see Sailor Chi, Sailor Phi and Sailor Lethe and Sailor Mnemosyne.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:01 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Well that's a wrap - how many folks went this time?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:38 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
Neon Genesis wrote:
Yeah, I don't understand why they replaced the cast if they were only going to do two more, especially since it seemed like the original cast wanted to stay. Did they do it just so they can use the gimmick of bringing back Satomi to play Sailor Cosmos?

Maybe they got too old . It really dosen't surprise me this was the last . They were no more manga arcs to adapts. If Naoko made a new arc I see it countinuing. Sttill I like these musicals there like movies .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:00 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I just watched the RAW version of the musical, and despite my limited Japanese I can say without any doubt that this is the best Sailor Moon musical I've seen.

Not only that. I'd say that this is the best adaptation of the Stars arc and, honestly, better than the original itself. I was honestly stunned by how much of the manga they were able to incorporate while also seamlessly adding little references to the '90s anime. They also did a really good job of handling a lot of the exposition by making it part of action.

And:

I felt like they really developed Sailor Cosmos despite the limited time she appeared...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:16 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I've watched some of the raw so far and have mostly enjoyed what I've seen. Sailor Galaxia's actress is EVERYTHING. Serving vocals, OTT facial expressions, etc. She's giving me life. That whole "It's a New Order!" Shadow Galactica number was fierce AF. Hands down the best choreographed number in this run of musicals.

But...WTH is going on with Usagi's makeup? Is she a zombie in this musical or something? All that face powder and blush... She looks awful. And her acting feels really off/awkward so far. Maybe I'll feel differently once I know what she's saying...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:31 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Here has somebody upload the musical in 2 acts/videos:
https://vk.com/video6670562_456239204
https://vk.com/video6670562_456239205

The links i have found on twitter.