Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sailor Moon Musical - Autum 2017 - 25th Anniversary Project!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:17 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Officially announced a new musical is on the way here.

http://www.sailormoon-official.com/25th/

Musical website
http://www.sailormoon-official.com/musical/

Have we got Stars this time ?

-mrploddy

[Edited by Rika-moth to fix both links above.]

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Musical - Autum 2017 - 25th Anniversary Project!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:29 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Probably. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:50 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Can't believe the musicals already reached the final arc! Boy does time fly.

My hopes for the Stars musical:
-Eternal Sailor Moon's outfit is simplified and made less clunky.
-If done right, I'd like to see all of the senshi in their final forms. Something the original musicals never did!
-I really hope they include Sailor Lethe and Sailor Mnemosyne as they're the only Shadow Galactica senshi to not have appeared in any musical. I know the cast might get crowded, but they can remove Sailor Heavy Metal Papillon, Sailor Chi and Sailor Phi as they are almost irrelevant in the manga.
-On that note, PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE! do not make Chibi Chibi the Light of Hope like every Stars musical did in the past. I really want to see Sailor Cosmos appear in a musical for the first time.
-I hope they create some catchy tunes for the Three Lights.
-Sailor Moon vs. the Senshi Golems.
-Wedding.

Also I'm curious if they're gonna revive Queen Beryl again? While I thought it was neat in the old musicals, I'd prefer they don't go that route as I feel like the Stars story is crowded enough without needing to revive another major villain.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:01 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The old musicals did that and the Light of Hope thing to reflect the anime. These musicals may make the odd reference to the 90s anime, but they're otherwise faithful to the manga, so I doubt we'll see Beryl and we'll probably get Sailor Cosmos. I hope we get Mnemosyne and Lethe (since they're obviously my faves), but I hope we get Papillon, too. I feel like they could give her a great song about soul harvesting or something. She's way more interesting than Phi, Chi, or the other Animamates.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:36 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:
The old musicals did that and the Light of Hope thing to reflect the anime. These musicals may make the odd reference to the 90s anime, but they're otherwise faithful to the manga, so I doubt we'll see Beryl and we'll probably get Sailor Cosmos. I hope we get Mnemosyne and Lethe (since they're obviously my faves), but I hope we get Papillon, too. I feel like they could give her a great song about soul harvesting or something. She's way more interesting than Phi, Chi, or the other Animamates.

True, but the Amazon Trio in Amour Eternal were pretty much taken directly from the older musicals which in turn were inspired by the '90s anime. I'm confident we'll get Sailor Cosmos, but I'm also a nervous about the direction the newer musicals are taking. I'm sure I'm just being paranoid though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:40 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I would definitely like for Chibi Chibi to not be the Light of Hope and to be Sailor Cosmos and I really hope we get to see Sailor Cosmos. That was one change in the 90s anime that I did not like. I would also like to see Sailor Lethe and Sailor Mnemosyne. One thing I thought would be cool if the use Sailor Chi and Sailor Phi is to keep them like in the manga except add in Sailor Theta from the Sera Myu and give her a new look to match manga Sailor Chi and Sailor Phi. I would like for Sailor Heavy Metal Papillon to be included as I did like her a lot. Maybe they could add an additional character who could be her canon child.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:46 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
http://sailormoon-official.com/musical/ ... 7_0320.php

Casting Announcement!

All the gang are back!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:35 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ except for Saturn. She'll be played by Mirai!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:24 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
According to Sailor Moon wika it will be called : Pretty_Guardian_Sailor_Moon Star Brillante.
Source: http://sailormoon.wikia.com/wiki/Sera_Myu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:24 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
I would treat that very much with suspicion till it's on the official website.

No reason for a fan wikipedia to have info before a official press release.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:44 pm 
Quasar
Quasar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
DREWdesu wrote:

I wonder why?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:48 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Princess Venus wrote:
DREWdesu wrote:

I wonder why?

Prizmmy is getting disbanded, maybe she will put her idol activity in hiatus?

Post subject: New Musical: Le Mouvement Final
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:20 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membership
The title of the new musical has been announced!

Source: http://sailormoon-official.com/musical/ ... l_0408.php

Post subject: Re: New Musical: Le Mouvement Final
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:36 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
From what I'm reading it seems to be the last musical and will be based on the 5th arc.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:01 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I like the logo and the title, but I'm going to be really disappointed if this is the last musical, especially since it will make the graduation of the original cast all the more unnecessary and upsetting. I hope they continue doing musicals, or least start licensing them for international performances.

EDIT: People who attended the musical performance at Anime Matsuri today are saying on Twitter that they announced the fifth musical would be performed in the US as well. I wonder if that means another truncated version performed at a convention, or a proper performance/tour?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:42 am 
Stella
Stella
DREWdesu wrote:
From what I'm reading it seems to be the last musical and will be based on the 5th arc.

Darn I was really hoping that after this musical they add original content like the Dracul arc, the Kaguya Island arc or the Dark Sirius arc. I will be very disappointed if this is the last musical.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:01 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Double post

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29173

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:04 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
It says its the final story of the story that was started in 2013.

It doesnt say its the last musical.

If they're selling tickets and making a profit there is no reason to not go on to reimage KSD.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:26 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Someone on Tumblr said Osabu said this won't be the last musical, so either that's wishful thinking on his part, or this is only the last musical with the current cast, then they'll "graduate" and we'll get a completely new cast next year?

Also, can they start doing two musicals a year again? I'm greedy :P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:31 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
mrploddy wrote:

:o topic merged

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:21 am 
Stella
Stella
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Someone on Tumblr said Osabu said this won't be the last musical, so either that's wishful thinking on his part, or this is only the last musical with the current cast, then they'll "graduate" and we'll get a completely new cast next year?

Also, can they start doing two musicals a year again? I'm greedy :P

Well that makes me happy I would love if they revisited the Dracul arc and expanded on Sailor Astarte plus make new and original stories we have never seen as well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:48 am 
Planeta
Planeta
^^
You know that this production is completely different from the original Sera Myu production.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:35 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Its quite likely he might have said that at the Sailor Moon Musical panel yesterday.

Was ANYONE at that panel who could give us a report on what was said ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:16 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:
I like the logo and the title, but I'm going to be really disappointed if this is the last musical, especially since it will make the graduation of the original cast all the more unnecessary and upsetting. I hope they continue doing musicals, or least start licensing them for international performances.

EDIT: People who attended the musical performance at Anime Matsuri today are saying on Twitter that they announced the fifth musical would be performed in the US as well. I wonder if that means another truncated version performed at a convention, or a proper performance/tour?
I have heard on Twitter that they might consider bringing it to the US as well. But it's not a definite yes. The main thing is for us international fans to support Sailor Moon as much as we can (buying merch or getting into the fan club possibly) to show that it's worth bringing to the US.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:26 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
mrploddy wrote:
Its quite likely he might have said that at the Sailor Moon Musical panel yesterday.

Was ANYONE at that panel who could give us a report on what was said ?
Miss Dream did a lot of in depth reporting on it and they reported it was announced they would be making more musicals after the next one. I'm pretty excited that we're getting some new original stories for future musicals! Someone please tell them to turn Another Story into a musical already! They also said they will possibly bring the next musical to the U.S in a limited theatrical release but it all depends on fan support
https://twitter.com/missdreamsubs/statu ... 1265300480

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:08 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Poster:

Attachment:
IMG_3429.JPG
IMG_3429.JPG [ 61.59 KiB | Viewed 3396 times ]

Cast:

http://sailormoon-official.com/musical/ ... l_0427.php

Would be great if someone translated but from the looks of it all of the characters from the Stars arc are appearing MINUS the manga only senshi (gutted but not surprised).

Inners, Outers and Chibs are in their super forms. Not completely shocked as we can see from ESM their fukus probably wouldn't translate well... Especially with how uniform those forms are.

The poster looks really good and the architecture deliberately evokes the Galaxy Cauldron.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:58 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
The cast:
Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon: Hotaru Nomoto
Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury: Yume Takeuchi
Rei Hino/Sailor Mars: Karen Kobayashi
Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter: Kaede
Minako Aino/Sailor Venus: Rimo Hasegawa

Haruka Tenou/Sailor Uranus: Syu Shiotsuki
Michiru Kaiou/Sailor Neptune: Sayaka Fujioka
Hotaru Tomoe/Sailor Saturn: Mirai
Sailor Pluto: Mikako Ishii

Sailor Chibi Moon/Chibiusa: Airi Kanda

Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask: Yuga Yamato

Sailor Star Fighter/Seiya Kou: Memu Harukawa
Sailor Star Healer/Yaten Kou: Saki Matsuda
Sailor Star Maker/Taiki Kou: Riona Tatemichi (she played Rubeus in Petite Ètrangére)
Kakyuuouhi: Asami Okamura

Sailor Galaxia: Coco Isuzu
Sailor Iron Mouse: Ishi Aoki 
Sailor Tin Nyanko: Hashigaki Miyu
sailor Aluminum Siren Yuka Kobayashi
Sailor Lead Crow: Ilya Yuuto
Shadow Galactica:
Yukari Shiba,  Yoshimi Hidano, Sagisaka Ayumi,  Ayano Nagasawa

Chibichibi (Wcast): Youai Yamaguchi & Chise Niitsu

(Pic of Sailor star Fighter Cast from Sailormoon drugs on twitter)

Attachments:
a.jpg
a.jpg [ 47.28 KiB | Viewed 3378 times ]

Last edited by Seeraa_Sataan on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:00 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Healer & Maker
(Pics from Sailormoon drugs on twitter)

Attachments:
c.jpg
c.jpg [ 44.02 KiB | Viewed 3370 times ]
b.jpg
b.jpg [ 39.65 KiB | Viewed 3369 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:30 am 
Planeta
Planeta
I really liked how they fixed the pink puffs of ESM's fuku but I'm disappointed how we aren't seeing the Eternal forms for the rest of the Senshi and that no one is credited as Sailor Cosmos... (I wish Satomi Okubo would have been Sailor Cosmos!)

The Starlights actress fit the girls well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:55 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
DREWdesu wrote:
I really liked how they fixed the pink puffs of ESM's fuku but I'm disappointed how we aren't seeing the Eternal forms for the rest of the Senshi and that no one is credited as Sailor Cosmos... (I wish Satomi Okubo would have been Sailor Cosmos!)

The Starlights actress fit the girls well.

Was Neo Queen Serenity's appearance credited for Petite Etrangere? I don't recall her being mentioned yet she appeared in the musical.

My guess is one of the Shadow Galactica dancers will play as Sailor Cosmos like how one of the Dead Moon dancers played Queen Serenity in previous musical.