Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 5:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Musical - Autum 2017 - 25th Anniversary Project!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:46 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Disappointed (but not surprised) at there being no Mnemosyne or Lethe, but I am a little surprised there's no Heavy Metal Papillon, Phi, or Chi as they had appeared in past Stars musicals.

Am I the only one who thinks the ESM outfit looked better in the old musicals? The New Myu version is so cheap and heinous looking to me.

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:11 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
And here are Chibichibi two cast and Galaxia and her Animamates:

(from twitter by sailormoondrugs)

Attachments:
C-blYO5UMAQ0B7Y.jpg
C-blYO5UMAQ0B7Y.jpg [ 56.97 KiB | Viewed 1345 times ]
C-blR7bUQAAfgM4.jpg
C-blR7bUQAAfgM4.jpg [ 52.46 KiB | Viewed 1346 times ]
C-afk_OVwAA4ixt.jpg
C-afk_OVwAA4ixt.jpg [ 42.37 KiB | Viewed 1840 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:12 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
and the last 3

Attachments:
C-blYSnVwAAaAzB.jpg
C-blYSnVwAAaAzB.jpg [ 47.32 KiB | Viewed 1341 times ]
C-blYRYUMAAtCmz.jpg
C-blYRYUMAAtCmz.jpg [ 56.21 KiB | Viewed 1339 times ]
C-blYQKUIAE6nsQ.jpg
C-blYQKUIAE6nsQ.jpg [ 53.97 KiB | Viewed 1337 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:44 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
Seira Hazuki wrote:
My guess is one of the Shadow Galactica dancers will play as Sailor Cosmos like how one of the Dead Moon dancers played Queen Serenity in previous musical.

They could double-cast a lot of the Shadow Galactica if the story only presents a few at a time!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:15 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Not gonna lie, I've only ever liked the eternal uniforms on Moon and Chibimoon. They just never suited the others that much, in my opinion. Thankfully, they seem to have fixed a lot of the problems ESM's outfit had from Amour Eternal.

As for the lack of the other Animamates, that's fine by me. The manga did almost nothing with them in the first place. Just give me Sailor Cosmos and I'll die happily. Along with Uranus and Neptune's betrayal from the 90s anime.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:32 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Seeraa_Sataan wrote:

That Chibi Chibi actress at the right looks sooo cute! =^_^=

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:39 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The casting looks incredibly spot on, visually.

Especially Aluminum Seiren. That smirk.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:18 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I just hope they're not going to make Chibi Chibi be Galaxia's Star Seed like every other Stars Myu did.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:35 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Here's a plot summary of the musical thanks to ainomessage:

Quote:
Usagi has come to the airport to see Mamoru off as he heads to the US to study abroad, but someone shatters Mamoru’s body to pieces. In shock, Usagi loses her memory and collapses, but a member of the super idol group the Three Lights is there to catch her. That day, the Three Lights were to star in a music festival. Usagi and friends were planning to perform as well, but a new enemy arrives. Calling themselves “Shadow Galactica,” these enemies are Sailor Guardians aiming to steal Sailor Crystals!At the same time, a mysterious young girl named Chibi Chibi and new Sailor Guardians, the Sailor Starlights, also appear, and a battle on an unprecedented scale begins. Sailor Guardians vs. Sailor Guardians! Fittingly the Sailor Moon “final battle” has the future of the galaxy at stake and it starts now!!

Sounds exactly like the Stars arc in the manga. Interesting that they are going to kill off Mamoru in the beginning since Yuga plays a big role in these musicals.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:21 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
Seen2 wrote:
Not gonna lie, I've only ever liked the eternal uniforms on Moon and Chibimoon. They just never suited the others that much, in my opinion. Thankfully, they seem to have fixed a lot of the problems ESM's outfit had from Amour Eternal.

Okay, I really don't like the other senshi wearing the eternal uniforms either, they all look so indentical. :|

July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:11 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
Seen2 wrote:

Okay, I really don't like the other senshi wearing the eternal uniforms either, they all look so indentical. :|

Well, uni(-)forms are supposed to be identical. :lol: j/k - I know what you meant. lol

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:35 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Wonder how old Chibi Chibi actresses are, they look very young, Chise Niitsu is Makoto Shinkai daughter :) Karin Takahashi didn't reprise her role, because she is busy learning script for the Death Note musical where she'll play Sayu Yagami.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:05 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
kamil88 wrote:
Wonder how old Chibi Chibi actresses are, they look very young, Chise Niitsu is Makoto Shinkai daughter :)

WOW I never knew that!!! That's such a cool fact!!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:52 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Satomi Okubo as sailor Cosmos! *_*
http://sailormoon-official.com/musical/ ... l_0518.php

Attachments:
18519741_10155684940037971_7102533322520873212_n.jpg
18519741_10155684940037971_7102533322520873212_n.jpg [ 42.96 KiB | Viewed 778 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:35 am 
Planeta
Planeta
I am happy that I actually called this and it became true! Having Satomi back playing Sailor Cosmos is a dream that has come true! (Imagine Anza coming back to play Sailor Cosmos in the previous production when it was a Marina Moon musical)

They could have had one of the crew to play cosmos but there's something that's so perfect ... some sort of closure for Satomi to play Sailor Cosmos.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:23 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
AMAZING news! Her outfit looks incredible too.

(Also this kind of makes it clear that the musicals interpret Sailor Cosmos as the future Usagi.)

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:40 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I am absolutely thrilled and delighted!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:47 am 
Planeta
Planeta
I wonder if they re-used the Neo Queen Serenity wig and just modified the buns for Sailor Cosmos.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:52 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Attachment:
IMG_4018.JPG
IMG_4018.JPG [ 34.74 KiB | Viewed 647 times ]

The little details on her costume are amazing!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:17 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
And here is our new Kakyuu:

Attachments:
VJZeyeDy.jpg
VJZeyeDy.jpg [ 17.71 KiB | Viewed 625 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:51 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I'm so happy we're getting Cosmos and that they're bringing back Satomi to play her! It's such perfect casting and her costume looks flawless! This is making me so excited for this musical. The Chibi Chibi Moons look cute, too. Can't wait to see Kakyuu and the Starlights in their costumes.

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:39 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I have a feeling they're going to go 'big' with this musical since they're calling it the last one and even Amour Eternal felt like it had a bigger budget.

I'm going to get so emotional when Satomi comes out as Cosmos since I can't believe it's been 4 years since La Reconquista. :ohdear:

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:48 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Seira Hazuki wrote:
I'm going to get so emotional when Satomi comes out as Cosmos since I can't believe it's been 4 years since La Reconquista. :ohdear:

Back then Satomi didn't even graduate high school yet and now she's 21. Like what even?

EDIT: I think Satomi is going to be the best thing to happen in this Myu even if she appears for like 3 minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:56 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
As much as I love Anza, Satomi has quickly become my new favorite Myu Usagi. I just always loved her perfect balance of Usagi's energetic side and her more dramatic roles. I'm asp just excited to see Sailor Cosmos in this as I don't think she's been in any of the musicals before. They've always gone with the 90s anime plot with Chibi Chibi before. I think this might be the first adaptation Sailor Cosmos has been in in general actually.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:42 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
The Cosmos character could quickly become a favorite in both the cosplay & garage kit fields from now on. :cool:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:15 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Figurarts needs to get on board with making a Sailor Cosmos figure already.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:26 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Neon Genesis wrote:
As much as I love Anza, Satomi has quickly become my new favorite Myu Usagi. I just always loved her perfect balance of Usagi's energetic side and her more dramatic roles. I'm asp just excited to see Sailor Cosmos in this as I don't think she's been in any of the musicals before. They've always gone with the 90s anime plot with Chibi Chibi before. I think this might be the first adaptation Sailor Cosmos has been in in general actually.

Yup! This is the very first time Sailor Cosmos appeared in any musical and also the first time she appeared in any adaptation of the Sailor Moon manga (barring the brief silhouette we saw in Episode 200 in the original anime). In the old musicals, despite the fact that the battles all culminated at the Galaxy Cauldron, Chibi Chibi was still written as Galaxia's starseed.

I think finally seeing Sailor Cosmos in different mediums is something I looked forward to with the Sailor Moon 20th-25th Anniversary revival. The fact they're portraying her in a clever way is exciting.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:09 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
It's very telling that they revealed Cosmos and ChibiChibi before the Three Lights or anyone else. What a great way cast her, too.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:26 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
The Cosmos character could quickly become a favorite in both the cosplay & garage kit fields from now on. :cool:
Neon Genesis wrote:
Figurarts needs to get on board with making a Sailor Cosmos figure already.

If she did become immensely popular, chances would be that Toei might produce an original anime starring her (w/ Takeuchi's approval, of course). :dance:

[/pipe_dream]

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:37 pm 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Seira Hazuki wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

Yup! This is the very first time Sailor Cosmos appeared in any musical and also the first time she appeared in any adaptation of the Sailor Moon manga (barring the brief silhouette we saw in Episode 200 in the original anime). In the old musicals, despite the fact that the battles all culminated at the Galaxy Cauldron, Chibi Chibi was still written as Galaxia's starseed.

I think finally seeing Sailor Cosmos in different mediums is something I looked forward to with the Sailor Moon 20th-25th Anniversary revival. The fact they're portraying her in a clever way is exciting.

Well the Silhouette in episode 200 was not Sailor Cosmos. It was an homage to her but was always referred to as the Light of Hope. Naoko Takeuchi even stated that Sailor Cosmos did not appear in the 90s anime.

However yes I am excited to see Sailor Cosmos in this new musical and I am thrilled that Satomi will be playing her.