Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: US Theatrical Releases for the other Sailor Moon Films?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:25 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I went to 4 different showing of the Sailor Moon R movie in New York and each showing was completely packed and sold out including one that had been added only two days prior.
Is there anyway to determine the gross of American release of this film so far?
I'm curious how this has done.

Also does anyone think there is a good chance that the S and Super S films will receive a theatrical release here?
I thought it was just going to be a one off with the R movie but based on the screenings I went to and what I read on online it seems these showings have been packed and theatres have been adding extra showings which is a good sign!

The only other issue is the running time since the Sailor Moon movies run at about an hour (which is considered extremely short for an American film) they have to include the theatrical shorts with them and that is also why I believe this release of the R movie included that 10 minute interview with the 3 English cast members, to basically add to the running time.

The Super S film had Ami's first Love as the short before it but as far as I know S did not have one so I wonder how they would pad that one out to make the running time longer here?

Anyone else hopeful to see the other Sailor Moon films on the big screen in North America?
There's been a lot of good news lately with Sailor Moon this week so I'm remaining hopeful :)

Post subject: Re: US Theatrical Releases for the other Sailor Moon Films?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:42 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm really hoping they show the other films in theaters, even if I find them vastly inferior to R. Fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:58 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I would hope so, at least for S.

(Personally not a fan myself but I know it's a popular one with the fandom)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:14 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I hope they include the other movies in theaters myself. Maybe one closer to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:08 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
SailorDarien92 wrote:
I went to 4 different showing of the Sailor Moon R movie in New York and each showing was completely packed and sold out including one that had been added only two days prior.

I'm jealous you had FOUR showings! In Seattle we had two! I was able to attend one with my sister. I am guessing the turn out will be enough to justify the other two movies!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:29 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
They added 2 showing to the Regal E-Walk 13 theatre near Times Square and I went to the only two showings they had ( 5pm on Friday and 7pm on Saturday) and both showings had no more than 10 people during each screening. It had the lowest attendance out of the screenings I went to which was surprising considering since I thought the theatre near Times Square would be packed. I think part of the reason might have been because they literally added those two showing to the eleven arts website the day before the first friday showing and I only caught it because I have been checking that page daily.

Earlier Today I went for what will likely be the final showing I attend ( 8 in total) at the Village East Cinema and after that showing I went back to the Regal theatre and saw they removed the poster from the lobby and took away the mini sailor moon R movie posters cards that were by the register where you buy your tickets. I asked if they would be adding anymore showings and I was told no.

I'm hoping this did well enough in other areas and that the Regal showings were low just because they added them at the last minute.

It seems like it has finished it's run in New York City.
I really wish there was someway to find out how much this grossed so we can gage whether it will be likely the S and Super S movies will come to theatres.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:32 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm surprised, because the subbed screening at Village East on Monday was packed. It was a crazy turnout.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:33 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Does anyone know where to find information on the box office gross so far for the Theatrical Release of the Sailor Moon R Movie in North America?

I tried boxofficemojo and could not find anything.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:08 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
They're probably waiting until the run finishes to release box office gross.

But I think a theatrical release for all of the films is likely, especially considering how well it seems to be doing. At least that's what I'm hoping. I doubt I'll be able to catch R in theaters, so it would be nice to know I still have a chance to catch a theatrical screening with S and/or SuperS' movies.

Last edited by The Blizzard Prince on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:05 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
You guys are lucky to have the R movie released in the US, it's not released here in Australia, except exclusive screening at Madman Anime Festival in Perth, but I don't live in Perth :( I wish they would release the movie nationwide in Australia too.

I think if the demands remain high, then there's a good chance they would release the other SM movies in the cinemas in US too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:27 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Now that Sailor Moon R the Movie has completed it's American theatrical run does anyone know where to find information on how it grossed in theatres during it's run? I'm still unable to find that information anywhere

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:42 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Lingering Spirit
I have three or four showings around my area .
I went to one in Pennsylvania in full Mars cosplay and met up with other Sailor Moon cosplayers . The theater had a ton of people show up !
Going off of that , I hope they plan on releasing the next two movies in theaters because there's alot of people who would love to see them on the big screen .
At the very least they can give Hearts In Ice (my favorite) a theatrical run given it's popularity .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:58 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
If this one did well, they're probably release the others.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:32 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
Dianne wrote:
SailorDarien92 wrote:

I'm jealous you had FOUR showings! In Seattle we had two! I was able to attend one with my sister. I am guessing the turn out will be enough to justify the other two movies!

@ the Grand illusion theater?

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:49 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Does anyone know what the US box office gross was for the theatrical re-release of the Sailor Moon R movie?
Someone said it would be posted online when it finished its theatrical run but I can't find that information anywhere.
I wish I could find it because it would give a good indication on whether the S film will get a theatrical release, too.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:29 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id ... emovie.htm
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id ... r=1&p=.htm

From what I was told, their numbers for anime movies are not accurate compared to the big Hollywood films so we'll probably never know the full number beyond what's here.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:25 am 
Luna
Luna
NJ_ wrote:
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=sailormoonrthemovie.htm
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id ... r=1&p=.htm

From what I was told, their numbers for anime movies are not accurate compared to the big Hollywood films so we'll probably never know the full number beyond what's here.

I'd say the ranking isn't bad for what it is... I doubt anyone expected the film to reach top 10.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:13 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
So a rough estimate would be it grossed close to $500,000. So I guess the question is is it making half a million dollars for a two week limited engagement enough to warrant them to deciding to release the S film in theaters?
I have no idea what type of money a limited release like this would have to make to warrant the others 2 films getting a theatrical release.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:50 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Has VIZ given any indication whether S will get a theatrical release based on R's US theatrical run?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:25 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
It hasn't so far, though it would be nice if they did.