Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: What is your favorite Sailor Moon movie?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:38 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Hearts in Ice has the most interesting story and was the most stand out of the 3. IMO anyways

Promise of the Rose was just a retread of the doom tree arc

Black Dream Hole was just the awfullness of SuperS the series distilled into movie form with the Outers added in.

You have the wonder if the Scouts didn't feel deja vu with the R and SuperS movie adventures.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:16 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The first Sailor Moon movie I watch as a kid was the R movie also known as Promise of the Rose.

ロコ雪姫七匹のハムスター

スーパーファミコンが4000円安くなるクーポン券つき

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:19 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
The first Pokemon movie I watched was Pokemon the First Movie also known as Mewtwo
strikes back.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:30 am 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: In a relationship
Getting back on track, I felt that Super S was seriously lacking in many major ways. First off, the character development was somewhat bland. Secondly, the overall plot:

Spoiler: show
they want to stay kids. WTF

R did pretty well. It showed how Usagi cared for Chiba, and how Chiba did show a good side in the movie. It also showed how Usagi wasn't willing to give up her friends, despite the fact that they told her to keep fighting.

However, one thing that completely threw me off-guard:
Spoiler: show
why is one of the baddies looking like the two main bad guys in the beginning of the R season?

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi

Last edited by TheWinterSoldier91 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:03 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Speaking of Fiore I always thought he was related to Al and En even though there are some differences between he and Al and En in that he doesn't need the Makaiju to nourish him. Maybe there was something rather special about his creation.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:45 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Sailor Moon R: The Movie for me. The reason was that as a boy, I wasn't "supposed" to be into stuff like Sailor Moon. So I ignored the series until a friend of mine and his sisters forced me to watch this specific movie. Totally got me hooked. Oddly enough, I was not really into Dragon Ball anyways (though I love other anime at the time such as Outlaw Star although a kid like me at that age shouldn't be watching that, lol). I was and still am, however, a total Pokemon fan. Still watching it even to this day :D

Anyway, recently I checked out the blu-ray version of the movie. I'm a bit perplexed about it. At first I was complaining that the colors are waaay to over saturated and seems like the details are lost. But after watching it for about 10 minutes, I'm perfectly OK with it. Perhaps I may actually prefer it over the original VHS version that I watched. Also, the widescreen format is A HUUUGE plus over the original VHS. I do miss the original VHS cover, though. That cover, in my opinion, is gorgeous. With the shiny foil parts here and there.

Prince Rose wrote:
TuxedoSailorEarth wrote:
It's interesting some people criticize the animation in the R movie but have no complaints about the animation in the S and SuperS films. I felt the animation quality between the 3 films was very consistent although nowhere near what a big budget anime film would have (such as a Studio Ghibli film). It will interesting to see how the R movie looks on Blu-Ray when it comes out this month.

I think it's unfair to compare ANYTHING to the quality of Studio Ghibli films they are the Rolls-Royce of anime films

Hahaha! Yeah, it's really unfair to compare the two. Also Ghibli films have GORGEOUS settings. With the advent of VR, I wish one day to be able to explore Laputa, the castle in the sky.