* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Secret Identity?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:03 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
I bring this up because it was obvious that Katarina knew that Minako was Sailor V and therefore she knew she was Sailor Venus. Along with Venus, Mercury's identity was known by Ryo which brings up the question, what other characters in the show do you think know the identities of the Sailor guardians?

Post subject: Re: Secret Identity?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:27 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
JupiterThunder wrote:
I bring this up because it was obvious that Katarina knew that Minako was Sailor V and therefore she knew she was Sailor Venus. Along with Venus, Mercury's identity was known by Ryo which brings up the question, what other characters in the show do you think know the identities of the Sailor guardians?

Yep. Naru (Molly) definitely knows Usagi (Serena) is Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon R Ep. 87) :ninja:
And I think Rei's Grandpa should have a glimpse that Rei is Sailor Mars. So many to recall
but I think Naru is probably the most obvious one of them all :ohmy:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:50 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
There's quite a good number of characters, varying on the version:

• Naru: implied to know every identity in the manga and Crystal and only Usagi in the old anime, and explicitely know all of them in the live action (first she saw Usagi transform, and later was told of the others).
  • Umino: implied to know every identity in the manga and Crystal, as Mamoru openly speaks of them before him and Naru.
  • Furuhata: knows all identities in both the manga/Crystal and the live action after being involved in one of their battles.
  • Tsutomu Asai: a classmate of Minako in the old anime, recognized Sailor Venus in action from a volley move.
  • Saori: a friend of Mamoru in the old anime, saw Mamoru call Sailor Moon "Usako".
  • Hina Kusaka: a friend of Mamoru (and for a while his fiancee) in the live action, she's implied to have deduced Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Kamen's identities.
  • Ryo Urawa: do I need to explain this one?
  • Ittou Asanuma: Mamoru's kohai, in the manga and Crystal managed to deduce the Sailor Senshi's identities due noticing Luna talking and getting a static shock from Makoto.
  • Natsuna Sakurada: the superintendent-general of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police, she knows Minako is Sailor V after seeing Sailor V running in a bathroom and Minako come out immediately after. It's extremely likely she later learned all the other identities from Minako, if nothing else to cover them from the legal troubles of being vigilantes.
  • Toshio Wakagi: Sakurada's assistant-slave, was told of Minako by his boss after she recalled him from his exile in Siberia. Likely knows the other identities too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:08 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Tsutomu Asai also known as Jamie in the Cloverway dub from episode 100 realised Minako was Sailor Venus when he saw her Flying Somersault Reception move against the Daimon that attacked him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:13 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
JupiterThunder wrote:

Katrina didnt know Minako was Sailor V just Sailor Venus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:01 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
LifeGaveMeLemons wrote:
JupiterThunder wrote:

Katrina didnt know Minako was Sailor V just Sailor Venus

Actually it was the reverse. Katarina knew Minako was Sailor V but didn't know that she was Sailor Venus.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:35 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
lord Martiya wrote:
  • Naru: implied to know every identity in the manga and Crystal
  • Umino: implied to know every identity in the manga and Crystal, as Mamoru openly speaks of them before him and Naru.
I kinda feel like this was more of a goof on Naoko's part (and which Crystal simply recreated because "accuracy!") since it was never touched upon again after that scene.

Any time Naru or Umino are seen in the manga after that point, they act like they always have, showing no signs of being consciously aware of the Senshi's identities, with the manga not going into their personal thoughts anymore (the last time we got an internal monologue from either was from Naru during the Black Moon arc, in which she felt worried about Usagi's own discomfort).

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:39 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Sabrblade wrote:
lord Martiya wrote:
  • Naru: implied to know every identity in the manga and Crystal
I kinda feel like this was more of a goof on Naoko's part (and which Crystal simply recreated because "accuracy!") since it was never touched upon again after that scene.

Any time Naru or Umino are seen in the manga after that point, they act like they always have, showing no signs of being consciously aware of the Senshi's identities, with the manga not going into their personal thoughts anymore (the last time we got an internal monologue from either was from Naru during the Black Moon arc, in which she felt worried about Usagi's own discomfort).

Considering they're around Minako (professional superhero who has had a lot of trouble due the enemy knowing her identity) and Naru had been implied to know that Usagi is Sailor Moon even in the Black moon arc, I propend for them not being sure someone wasn't listening-or knowing someone could be listening-and acting like they didn't know to protect the secret identities and avoid Minako's wrath.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:07 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
It's possible that Yoshiki Usui (the fashion designer Usagi asks to design her wedding dress) knows Sailor Moon's identity in the CW dub. In the original japanese version when he wakes up after his dream mirror is returned and Sailor Moon is kneeling over him he simply says "You are" trailing off which would seemingly just fit with him just being inspired by her looks. But in the the CW version when his eyes pan up to her face he says in a surprised tone "It's you" which to me would instead imply he recognizes her as the girl he spoke with earlier...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:24 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I think Yusuke Amane probably was the first person to find out Usagi's identity. They show at the end of the episode, Yusuke drew a picture of Sailor Moon on his album. He wasn't around Usagi when she was already transformed, so he only could have figured it out earlier when Usagi flat out tells him in the car that she's a defender of justice. I also think Yumeni Yumeno knows Usagi and Mamoru are Serenity and Endymion. She kept having all those visions of the Moon Princess's tragedy whenever she would be painting, and she picked Usagi and Mamoru to be her models because they matched her visions most accurately. I don't know if she ever figured out what the visions meant, but she definitely knew there was something different about Usagi and Mamoru.