Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:21 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Would Hollywood Make Live Action Sailor Moon?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:14 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
User avatar
Years of membership
Joined: Dec 11, 2015
Posts: 354
Too much material to cover. At most, they could make a Sailor V movie about the final chapters of the manga (with flashbacks on the past), those few chapters seem perfect for a movie... But then, what about the sequel hook?

_________________
Insane fanwriter with a fixation for the Angel of Death. You can find my stories here


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Would Hollywood Make Live Action Sailor Moon?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:02 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Oct 12, 2016
Posts: 293
Location: planet of water
Gender: female
I doubt a Sailor V movie would generate much interest, only the hardcore SM fans would know about the Sailor V manga series, there are still many casual SM fans out there who are unaware of the fact that Sailor V was a prototype manga series a precursor to the SM series, many don't even know a Sailor V manga series even exists! And there are many SM fans who don't even like Sailor V or Sailor Venus either. So making a movie that's mainly focused on Sailor V would most likely fail and generate much less interest IMO, heck, I even have doubts about whether an American live action movie for SM would be successful or not, let alone a Sailor V movie.

I do agree with you about having too much material to cover though, which is why I think it would be better to make a live action TV series based on SM rather than a feature length movie. America could do what Saban & Disney did with the Power Rangers franchise, they adapted the Japanese Super Sentai series into their own American version franchise. Japan has already made a live action series of SM in the form of PGSM, America could also make their own version based on PGSM, or make a completely new live action series directly based from the manga or anime series.

Not that I want America to make their own live action adaptation of SM of course...all I'm saying is that if America insists on making their own version of SM, better they make a TV series out of it rather than a movie. At least with a TV series, they would have plenty more room and space to cover a lot more material and aspects from the manga or anime.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Would Hollywood Make Live Action Sailor Moon?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:37 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
User avatar
Years of membership
Joined: Dec 11, 2015
Posts: 354
SailorLinda1 wrote:
I doubt a Sailor V movie would generate much interest, only the hardcore SM fans would know about the Sailor V manga series, there are still many casual SM fans out there who are unaware of the fact that Sailor V was a prototype manga series a precursor to the SM series, many don't even know a Sailor V manga series even exists! And there are many SM fans who don't even like Sailor V or Sailor Venus either. So making a movie that's mainly focused on Sailor V would most likely fail and generate much less interest IMO, heck, I even have doubts about whether an American live action movie for SM would be successful or not, let alone a Sailor V movie.

True. And that only makes worse the fact the final chapters are perfect for a movie.

_________________
Insane fanwriter with a fixation for the Angel of Death. You can find my stories here


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Would Hollywood Make Live Action Sailor Moon?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:33 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
User avatar
Months of membership
Joined: Feb 03, 2017
Posts: 27
Gender: Male
Other: Wise Man of Nemesis
Don't encourage Hollywood to make any more crappy 80s/90s member berries reboots.

_________________
-redblade7

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Would Hollywood Make Live Action Sailor Moon?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:22 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Oct 12, 2016
Posts: 293
Location: planet of water
Gender: female
Oh believe me I'm not trying to "encourage" Hollywood to make their own SM adaptation, and I don't think anyone else here is either. But we're just discussing the possibility of it hypothetically.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Would Hollywood Make Live Action Sailor Moon?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:15 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Nov 16, 2014
Posts: 105
Location: California
Gender: Male
I think Sailor Moon live on action would be odd. Other hand, I think Sailor V would make a fantastic hollywood movie fighting jewelry thieves.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Would Hollywood Make Live Action Sailor Moon?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:31 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Posts: 1028
If they did make a live action movie, I'd imagine they would split the first season up into a trilogy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Would Hollywood Make Live Action Sailor Moon?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:06 am 
Planeta
Planeta
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 22, 2009
Posts: 3909
Personally I have always stated that if they ever did a live action American Sailor Moon. I would like to see Brenda Song played Usagi. She played a very Usagi like character in London Tipton in the Suite Life series and I definitely think she could do Usagi justice. For some other characters I always thought that Lana Parrilla aka Regina/The Evil Queen from Once Upon a Time would be an excellent candidate to play Queen Beryl as she can be quite evil and yet sympathetic at the same time. I also thought that Uma Thurman would make an excellent Sailor Galaxia as she definitely has the regality and could play her fierceness well.

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Would Hollywood Make Live Action Sailor Moon?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:47 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 29, 2014
Posts: 206
Gender: Male
MariaTenebre wrote:
Personally I have always stated that if they ever did a live action American Sailor Moon. I would like to see Brenda Song played Usagi. She played a very Usagi like character in London Tipton in the Suite Life series and I definitely think she could do Usagi justice. For some other characters I always thought that Lana Parrilla aka Regina/The Evil Queen from Once Upon a Time would be an excellent candidate to play Queen Beryl as she can be quite evil and yet sympathetic at the same time. I also thought that Uma Thurman would make an excellent Sailor Galaxia as she definitely has the regality and could play her fierceness well.


Not bad casting choices. I like it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Would Hollywood Make Live Action Sailor Moon?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:48 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 29, 2014
Posts: 206
Gender: Male
Neon Genesis wrote:
If they did make a live action movie, I'd imagine they would split the first season up into a trilogy.


An intriguing idea. How do you propose to split the season up into three parts?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Would Hollywood Make Live Action Sailor Moon?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:09 am 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 11, 2010
Posts: 775
Location: Germany
Gender: Male
Other: No.1 Mercury Fanboy
Somehow, I kinda compare Cersei from GoT to Galaxia...

You know, Evil Queen, (reddish-)blonde hair, eccentric head piece for a crown, sits on an even more eccentric throne etc...

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Would Hollywood Make Live Action Sailor Moon?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:52 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Posts: 1028
doctorwho29 wrote:

An intriguing idea. How do you propose to split the season up into three parts?
They could cover the Jadeite and Nephite arcs in the first movie, the Rainbow Crystal arc in the second movie, and then the Kunzite arc in the third film, assuming they decided to follow the 90s anime.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Would Hollywood Make Live Action Sailor Moon?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:48 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 29, 2014
Posts: 206
Gender: Male
Neon Genesis wrote:
doctorwho29 wrote:

An intriguing idea. How do you propose to split the season up into three parts?
They could cover the Jadeite and Nephite arcs in the first movie, the Rainbow Crystal arc in the second movie, and then the Kunzite arc in the third film, assuming they decided to follow the 90s anime.


Yeah that could work


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Moonies browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB

contact forum administrator