Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fandom Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:09 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Male straight
Only strong shipping mainly annoys me, usually Usagi X Seiya, although that ship doesn't seem as common anymore.

I also dislike people who look past every flaw the DiC dub has. In my opinion for what it was the DiC dub was pretty good, it did the most it could in my eyes and many of its changes were necessary. But wow....some people defend this dub like a they are some kind of lawyer...seriously. Ok, maybe the DiC dub isn't that bad, but its not exactly anime dubbing's magnum opus.

Cloverway doesn't seem to get that treatment for some reason.... I will never understand why....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:26 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
Mine is when other people bash on people who haven't seen the entire series. I stopped at R, yet people make a big deal about it. Also, complaining that Mercury is the weakest senshi, her attacks are mostly counter-offensive that's why she rarely destroys anyone.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:15 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: Lingering Spirit
I'm not a fan of Seiya x Usagi shipping AT ALL .

Also my biggest pet peeve (next to rampant Crystal hating) is the 90's anime elitism .
It seems like a widespread issue that a lot of fans think that the 90's anime is the de facto best and death to all who disagree .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:56 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
I keep reading the topic's title as "Random Pet Peeves"
rgveda99 wrote:
Wasn't there an exact thread about this a few years ago?

Yes: http://sailormoonforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=26540 Any admins may merge the topics?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:08 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
JupiterThunder wrote:
Also, complaining that Mercury is the weakest senshi, her attacks are mostly counter-offensive that's why she rarely destroys anyone.

That complaint proves that the complainer stopped watching at the end of the first series, or they'd know she's as powerful as the other Guardians. Except Venus, but considering her level of experience that's to be expected.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:27 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Death Metal Papillon wrote:
I keep reading the topic's title as "Random Pet Peeves"
rgveda99 wrote:
Wasn't there an exact thread about this a few years ago?

Yes: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=26540 Any admins may merge the topics?

Fixed now, after the merger. :lol:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:10 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
I was recently re-watching some of Super S and reminded of what may be my biggest pet peeve of the series...something that to me seems like a really questionable writing choice that occurs in the final episode of the season.

So you know those Lemures that Sailor Moon has been killing the entire season without a second thought? Those strange seemingly evil inhuman nightmare circus monsters who wanted to steal people's dreams and cast the world into darkness...yeah turns out they were actually innocent people under Nehellenia's control after she stole their dream mirrors. WTF! Seriously just give that a minute to sink in... Sailor Moon who has been all about redemption and offering second chances even to people who did some truly terrible things of their own free will like the Black Moon Clan and Nehellenia was straight up killing actual innocent possessed people for an entire season! Holy crap is that dark. It is a good thing that Usagi doesn't get the visual aid to Nehellenia's story that the audience does which shows this or this realization may have completely wrecked her as adamant of a defender of life as she thought she was.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:23 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
To add to that, you can see that once their Dream Mirrors left their bodies, Nehellenia's subjects instantly turned into Lemures, yet whenever the Amazon Trio/Amazones Quartet removed the VOTD's Dream Mirror, said VOTD did not turn into a Lemure. CONTINUITY!!! :wry:

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:54 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:
a Lemure.
And here's one of my pet peeves: Singular parsing of terms that are meant to be singular and plural at the same time. "A Lemures" ("lem-ress"), not "A Lemure".

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:34 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
my pet peeve with Super S is how stupid the villains are I lost count how many times Chibi-Usa summoned Pegasus and the villains still couldn't figure out whos dream he was hiding in, you'd think after seeing a girl summon the very being your looking for that maybe just maybe he might be hiding in her dreams XD

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:02 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
my pet peeve with Super S is how stupid the villains are I lost count how many times Chibi-Usa summoned Pegasus and the villains still couldn't figure out whos dream he was hiding in, you'd think after seeing a girl summon the very being your looking for that maybe just maybe he might be hiding in her dreams XD

Attachments:
sailor_moon_supers_in_a_nutshell_by_chibi_jennifer-dax1kiu.jpg
sailor_moon_supers_in_a_nutshell_by_chibi_jennifer-dax1kiu.jpg [ 157.89 KiB | Viewed 2396 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:42 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: No.1 Mercury Fanboy
@magic713: The original artist is a member here, btw (though not online frequently), you could ask her to link up the strip in question herself. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:35 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Fans who tweet at the Sailor Moon 25th Anniversary official account or Osabu's twitter asking "Where's Crystal S4?" in ENGLISH.

First off, it's already kind of rude and weirdly entitled to be demanding information via twitter. No company is like "well some random fan just asked for the release date, so let's reveal it!" But it's when worse when you're not even tweeting them in their native language... If you're going to bother to try and communicate with them, do it properly.

Also, as much as I disliked Crystal's first two seasons, tweeting hate towards the staff's personal accounts was also incredibly wrong. Leave an Amazon review, if anything. But don't bother their personal accounts.

TL;DR - Sailor Moon fans need to think before they tweet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:09 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ It's not tl;dr at all, lol & I totally agree. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:30 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
People who call the "Black Moon arc" the "Dark Moon arc." :evil: :evil: :evil:

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:39 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
People who refer to the Dark Kingdom, the aliens, and/or Black Moon Clan as the Negaverse.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:48 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
MementoNepenthe wrote:
People who call the "Black Moon arc" the "Dark Moon arc." :evil: :evil: :evil:
To be a little fair, the clan does refer to themselves as "Ankoku tsuki no ichizoku Black Moon" in the original, which translates to "Black Moon, clan of the dark moon", "Black Moon, the dark moon clan", "The dark moon clan, Black Moon", "The clan of the dark moon, Black Moon", etc.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:27 am 
Stella
Stella
Xenox33 I don't see what the issue is in Usagi killing the Phages again she had no way of knowing their backstory and there wasn't much she could do to help them.

Also to MementoNepenthe they turn into Lemures because their Dream Mirror is extracted and taken from them to Nehellenia. Pretty much all of the people who had their Dream Mirrors taken in SuperS still had their Dream Mirrors connected to them. I also imagined that part of Nehellenia's magic turned them into Lemures.

That being said all of this is a moot point because at the end of the Nehellenia arc in Sailor Stars Sailor Moon restores Nehellenia's Kingdom and resurrects everyone with the help of the other Senshi.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:07 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
Also to MementoNepenthe they turn into Lemures because their Dream Mirror is extracted and taken from them to Nehellenia. Pretty much all of the people who had their Dream Mirrors taken in SuperS still had their Dream Mirrors connected to them. I also imagined that part of Nehellenia's magic turned them into Lemures.

There's just one problem with that theory, the Amazon Quartet had the Lemures eat the Dream Mirrors thereby taking away their dreams. Shouldn't they also become Lemures?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:35 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
musa wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

There's just one problem with that theory, the Amazon Quartet had the Lemures eat the Dream Mirrors thereby taking away their dreams. Shouldn't they also become Lemures?
And Usagi once had her own Dream Mirror destroyed, which rendered her in a death-like state instead of turning her into a Lemures either.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:40 am 
Luna
Luna
Maetch wrote:
foenyanko wrote:
It always kind of bugged me that Sailor Moon would revert to her Princess form for big fights, especially once it was revealed that she would someday be Queen. But again, it seems like the anime team went off on their own with this. I mean, in the manga and Crystal, it becomes clear that Sailor Moon/Usagi wants to have a life separate of her old Princess identity. Furthermore, in all continuities, the Princess was pretty much defenseless. That's why she needed the Inners to look after her on the Moon. But in the anime, if there's a big fight or something, Sailor Moon turns into a princess.

She wasn't Sailor Moon back in the Moon Kingdom and therefore had no power or combat experience to fight her own fights. It's different now that Usagi is both a princess and a warrior.

Agreed. Also I'm pretty sure it's explained at some point that Usagi can only use the Silver Crystal to its full potential in her princess form.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:48 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
I love the S movie but the Snow Dancers' laugh was so irritating.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:01 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Neon Genesis wrote:
I love the S movie but the Snow Dancers' laugh was so irritating.

Because they're supposed to be irritating? lol

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:50 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
This might be a bit trivial, but I get kinda annoyed when the Senshi comment on something (usually when they're in a dangerous situation) and they all talk in a very specific order. Usually, it goes Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, and Venus. It also annoys me whenever they transform in this same order, though they do change that up sometimes. And that's not even taking the length of the transformations into account.

Matte Lupin!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:02 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Other: Status: Feel good.
And always expect Mars to attack first. ALWAYS.

Also, I'm irritated by how the usual team rarely even puts a DENT in the weekly monster every single time. I like it more when the monster has a certain idea going for it, and wits get used by the team's arsenal to lead the baddie into its demise.

The Cyprine/Pteriol battle is a great example of this.

Join the Discord chatroom here: https://discord.gg/h33j9fX
and the Chatango room: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:02 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
When some people hate on the UsagixMamoru ship for the same reason they like the Seiyax Usagi ship

Usagi x Seiya fans: I hate Usagi and Mamoru! Their relationship was so forced. Seiya is waaaaay better than Mamoru!

*Ships Seiya who basically forces her/his feelings on Usagi when she clearly is in love with her boyfriend. *
Like I said on a certain YouTube video, good for you if you ship UsagixSeiya, but at least don't hate on UsagixMamoru for the same reason you like the above mentioned pairing. It looks hypocritical.And yes , it is the same reason because most Useiya shippers like that Seiya is more "affectionate" towards Usagi than Mamoru .Well those same affections are the same ones that he's forcing onto Usagi. I also don't think that Mamoru and Usagi are forced, but thats my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:14 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
I also hate when people expect a character to be perfect or bash on them when they make some mistakes. I mean I get it if they did something horrible,or CONTINUE to do something horrible (key word continue), but bashing on them because of one or two things is unnecessary. None of us are perfect, so you shouldn't expect a character to be either. Yes, it's okay to get mad about a certain flaw a character has, but judging them for it for the rest who knows how long is just trying to spread hatred. You may not have that exact same flaw, but that doesn't make anyone or any other character better because we all have a few flaws.

Tbh, I hate when things are "perfect" when it comes to a person or a relationship. It's a major turn off. I prefer the "perfectly imperfect".

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:09 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Married to TWS91
^ I agree 100% with both statements!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:48 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
as much as I dislike Usagi x chiba when it comes to Seiya to me wasn't love but pure infatuation
by that point in the series Usagi was sold on chiba, 3 out of the 5 seasons [2 arcs in R alone for crying out loud, trying to get chiba's memories in doom tree and break up in black moon] then for the 3rd season that their relationship was at risk stars 1st half with him taken by Nehelenia, this girl fought just to be with him saved him so many times by then and wants the future with chibiusa in it plus just got engaged she ain't breaking that now
by stars it's a done deal even I admit it anyone who ships usax seiya because usa x chiba is forced is in worse denial than me when it comes to usa x chiba, BOTH are forced in the 90s anime but at leas Usa x chiba has some ground work and basis aka the past

this is the only time I defend Usa x chiba is when it's VS seiya

I may say chiba's deadpan and is all scripted etc and I stand by that but I will NOT deny Usagi's feelings at chiba

Attachments:
File comment: NO seiya all of my nope
seiya.jpg
seiya.jpg [ 12.9 KiB | Viewed 1086 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:29 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Married to TWS91
Rose, I can see your point. And I agree.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next