Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:57 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
In the manga, the Inners seem to die/kidnapped/brainwashed just as much as Mamoru really.

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Deathscythe wrote:
I generally don't like using the term Mary Sue since it seems like a subtle way for people to bash a character they do not like...

Again, I mentioned "Mary Sue" in a joking manner as a response to Clow's comment above - I personally am neutral about him, as he's neither my favorite nor hated character. :)

I wasn't trying to call you out, just talking in general.

Tuxedo Kamen was here

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:03 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Straw-Hats 4 life
MariaTenebre wrote:
In fact Mamoru was only the villain's "toy" twice in the anime. Once in the first season where he was turned evil and next in his coma like state with Nehellenia. In the manga however Mamoru was turned evil in the Dark Kingdom arc, again in the Black Moon arc and another time in the Stars arc.

The rest of the time it was simple kidnappings man damsel in distress situations :|

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:08 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membership
Prince Rose wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:
In fact Mamoru was only the villain's "toy" twice in the anime. Once in the first season where he was turned evil and next in his coma like state with Nehellenia. In the manga however Mamoru was turned evil in the Dark Kingdom arc, again in the Black Moon arc and another time in the Stars arc.

The rest of the time it was simple kidnappings man damsel in distress situations :|

Funny thing is, people at the time celebrated it because it was the man in trouble this time, and the girl had to rescue him.

It's common nowadays, but back in the 90's it was a different story.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:09 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Well, there was that time in R when Usagi got kidnapped by Dimande and he had to save her.

Why didn't the other Senshi join him?

Tuxedo Kamen was here

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:10 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Deathscythe wrote:
Well, there was that time in R when Usagi got kidnapped by Dimande and he had to save her.

Why didn't the other Senshi join him?

Well he had to do something useful by himself, for once. Lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:13 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Too bad he wasn't given the La Smoking Bomba then, that would have been the perfect time to do so.

Tuxedo Kamen was here

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:53 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: Lingering Spirit
One of my pet peeves is typical .

How SuperS was handled !

Instead of an awesome storyline , having the outers around , Mamoru having awesome development
and (seeing the princess dresses) .

We got a Chibi-Usa focused filler fest that didn't really have many of the things that made Dream so great :?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:33 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Ami-Chans True Love
ive got a new pet peeve and its with the new dub the mispronunciation of Jedite's name

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:04 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
ive got a new pet peeve and its with the new dub the mispronunciation of Jedite's name

Well it is spelled and pronounced Jadeite.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:14 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

That's how I always saw it spelled

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:03 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
MariaTenebre wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

His name is spelled Jadeite, and while the official English pronunciation may (idiotically) be "jay-dight," that is not how his name is pronounced in Japanese. A proper name is a proper name; its pronunciation shouldn't be changed. If someone's named "Wilhelm" and they pronounce it "Vilhelm," then it's pronounced with a "V" sound, not a "W" sound, it doesn't matter how you'd pronounce that name in English. "Jay-dight" sounds really grating to me.

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:55 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Jadeite in English is pronounced Jay Dight. It is an English word so that is how it stands. Just like Kunzite is pronounced as it is and not Kuntsuaito in Engrish.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:51 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
The long a sound does exist in Japanese. If Naoko had intended the American pronunciation, she would have written his name as Jeidaito, but she didn't. She wrote it as Jedaito. The short a sound is the pronunciation she intended. It's a pronunciation that is more logical given the word's Spanish origin and it's the pronunciation that just sounds downright better.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:45 am 
Luna
Luna
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

Bzzt! WRONG!

It may surprise you to know, that ViZ is actually pronouncing Jadeite's name CORRECTLY! JADE-ite! Because you know, the Four Kings of Heaven are all named after minerals -- Jadeite (Like Jade?), Nephrite, Zoisite and Kunzite.

~ Taiitsukun, 'Fushigi Yugi: The Mysterious Play'

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:09 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
As I've said before, the word "jadeite" does NOT come from the word "jade." They have completely unrelated etymologies.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:42 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Ami-Chans True Love
MariaTenebre wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

funny because ive watched the Japanese with English subtitled version of the original anime and his name is quite clearly pronounced Jedite even by Beryl herself even the original dub had his name as Jedite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:33 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
Here's one that's bugged me since I read the Black Moon arc of the manga.

What's the one thing you must not do, lest it destroy the world/end the universe? Bring the two Silver Crystals together. It's so important Pluto dies for it.

What's the one thing the anime writers decided to do to defeat Wiseman? ...bring the two Silver Crystals together.

:roll:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:39 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
foenyanko wrote:

What's the one thing you must not do, lest it destroy the world/end the universe? Bring the two Silver Crystals together. It's so important Pluto dies for it.

What's the one thing the anime writers decided to do to defeat Wiseman? ...bring the two Silver Crystals together.

Whoops..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:49 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
foenyanko wrote:

Touching the two Crystals together would have created a paradox that would have exploded the universe. The Crystals don't touch in the anime, so I don't see the problem?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:41 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
Sailor Venus' second voice actress. Stephanie Morgenstern cannot be replaced.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:45 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
21 wrote:

By second, do you mean the Cloverway dub actress? Because I would agree with you there.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:54 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
SailorWelshy wrote:
21 wrote:

By second, do you mean the Cloverway dub actress? Because I would agree with you there.

Yes, that's what I meant lol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:35 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
Everybody's behavior toward Usagi in episode 18 of S. That is all. :angry: :angry: :angry:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:17 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
I don't like how stock footage is used in the Ai No Senshi battle scene of episode 68. For example, the footage and Petz and Sailor Jupiter fighting was also used in episode 65.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:23 pm 
Luna
Luna
Moon Star wrote:
I don't like how stock footage is used in the Ai No Senshi battle scene of episode 68. For example, the footage and Petz and Sailor Jupiter fighting was also used in episode 65.

That annoyed the HELL out of me! It was such a good battle, then they had to go be lazy and reuse that footage, like seriously?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:24 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 23 months ago
inactive
The fact that the inner senshi (99% of the time) cannot defeat even a simple monster of the week without Sailor Moon. I mean, I understand she's important, but the others are powerful too! ^_^'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:17 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Other senshi besides moon have had kills before but it's once in a blue moon
It doesn't happen often enough, it bugs me too, if I had my way all the senshi would have a kill, more than once even especially if the episode is centered on a particular senshi other than moon and you can bet an arm & leg that I would have left Beryl's stabbing be done by Minako.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:31 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 27 months ago
inactive
I understand this show was kind of pointed towards a younger audience, but as what I seen a few people posted, the fact that their civilian forms looked so identical to their Sailor forms and no one could put two and two together. Ami (Amy) has the same blue, short hair, how can anyone miss it. Same goes for Usagi's (Serena's) "meatball head" hair style. Who else has her hair style? They all looked so identical. It always bugged me.

I mean, like I said. It was more of a kid's show. I mean, they could have changed their appearance......a little? Oh well, I still love the show with my whole heart.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:36 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Sailor Sun Senshi wrote:
I understand this show was kind of pointed towards a younger audience, but as what I seen a few people posted, the fact that their civilian forms looked so identical to their Sailor forms and no one could put two and two together. Ami (Amy) has the same blue, short hair, how can anyone miss it. Same goes for Usagi's (Serena's) "meatball head" hair style. Who else has her hair style? They all looked so identical. It always bugged me.

I mean, like I said. It was more of a kid's show. I mean, they could have changed their appearance......a little? Oh well, I still love the show with my whole heart.

Fans have speculated that the girls magic protects them. So to their enemies, their civilian forms and Sailor Forms look different. And the 90's did kind of leave hints that this was the case.

Whereas in the Manga and Crystal the whole identity thing wasn't there. Their enemies knew that Usagi was Sailor Moon, Ami was Sailor Mercury, etc..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:25 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
Sailor Sun Senshi wrote:
Ami (Amy) has the same blue, short hair, how can anyone miss it. Same goes for Usagi's (Serena's) "meatball head" hair style. Who else has her hair style? They all looked so identical. It always bugged me.

If all they had to go by was hairstyles, I wonder if Minako's Ami-lookalike friend ever got attacked by mistake because the Dark Kingdom thought she was Sailor Mercury... :P

I did like how PGSM addressed this.

Here's a new one for me. It always kind of bugged me that Sailor Moon would revert to her Princess form for big fights, especially once it was revealed that she would someday be Queen. But again, it seems like the anime team went off on their own with this. I mean, in the manga and Crystal, it becomes clear that Sailor Moon/Usagi wants to have a life separate of her old Princess identity. Furthermore, in all continuities, the Princess was pretty much defenseless. That's why she needed the Inners to look after her on the Moon. But in the anime, if there's a big fight or something, Sailor Moon turns into a princess.

Beryl fight? Princess.
Wiseman fight? Well... Princess dress, but kind-of Neo-Queen. I'll give a pass to this one, I guess.
Sailor Moon R Movie? Princess.
SuperS finale? Princess.
Final Stars fight (before she unleashes her true power by going stark naked)? Princess.

It's pretty and all, but it's kind of irritating. Especially since they didn't have her turn into the Queen in SuperS/Stars like in the manga...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next